Sports Interactive Community
Braumiller

FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

So it turns out that I am idiot :rolleyes:

Firstly, we ended up spending £600k plus on facilities which took us close to zero. This turned into debt very quickly and at this point Linfield were making offers for our players. 4 bids were accepted by the chairman (all under £10k per player) and we lost the core of our team. I then realized that I'd never heard anything more about the new stadium that was meant to be built, with the plans being TBC 4-5 seasons ago. I went to the board requests to see the ''request a new stadium'' option there. The board rejected, I leaked to the press and I was sacked. :seagull:

Ha, my challenge is over again. Whats the point of a youth only when your board just sells every half-decent prospect.

And why does every youth player want to leave when he is suited to the level your playing? Un-freaking-believable!

@Muttley84 Congrats. Amazing season. you're doing really great.

@smp20 sorry to hear. will you give the challenge another go?

@JWVG yeah, it can be frustrating. I managed (SPOILER for the next update ;) ) to hold to all my players, but a lot of them are unhappy now, team morale is dropping and it could be that we miss promotion again because of that after a great first half of the season...

@smp20 I guess trying to convince your board to build a stadium with no money didn't turn out as well as you hoped :p

In my experience, leaking to press never worked and there was just too much risk

@Kazushi80 - I will probably give it a miss for the time being, though I'm a sucker for this challenge so no doubt I will be back again!

@the_

9 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

@smp20 I guess trying to convince your board to build a stadium with no money didn't turn out as well as you hoped :p

In my experience, leaking to press never worked and there was just too much risk

No it really wasn't, but it had been promised previously and there was never any news about it falling through or anything. This frustration combined with the frustration of Linfield nicking my best players led to not very wise decisions on my part.

On 11/9/2016 at 13:42, brettney1980 said:

So i fancied jumping into a Youth Challenge this year as.....

FC%20Sak_zpsvci1by3e.png

FC Sakhalin Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk

..and for those of you wondering where Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk is on a map...

46700919-Russia-map_zpscvfvvsyj.jpg

Right over there near Japan!

With that out the way, here's me. The club's background and the Squad!

First thoughts: The Squad is old, lets try and survive.

So i started this an age ago. I have still been playing but have not found the time to post any updates, spending my little free time plodding on rather than updating. I'll try and get some updates done over the next few days while i have a little more free time, since i am 4 seasons in...

FC%20Sak_zpsvci1by3e.png

FC Sakhalin Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk

Squad|League Table|Facilities|Finances |Transfers|Youth Candidates

Key Players;

Mikhail Gorelishvili - Top Scorer from the Left of Attack.

Rasim Tagirbekov - Solid at CB, at 34 he may only have another season at this level though.

Alexandr Pantsyrev - Started every League match. Best player on the pitch most of them.

Dmitry Sychev Retires.

Youth Candidates;

Azamat Gorbachev  YP01a - GK - Initial Profile

Ruslan Sokolov YP01b - CM -  Initial Profile

Alexandr Grigorenko YP01c - CM - Initial Profile

Kirill Gritsenko YP01d - CM - Initial Profile

Youth Facility Upgrade incoming!

Season     League              Pos    Russian Cup      Europe       Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Russian 1st Div.     5th       5th rd           N/A       1 Pt off Playoffs

Edited by brettney1980
Links a bit messed up.

FC%20Sak_zpsvci1by3e.png

FC Sakhalin Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk - Season 2;

We lost Key Players Pantsyrev for £150k after the board sold him and Tagirbekov over my head, we got just £25k for Tagirbekov. This made us light in CM to the point that Youth tagged CM players Solokov and Gritsenko managed 37 apps between them in their first full season at the club. February saw us lose a Youth Tagged player, GK Azamat Gorbachev YP01a after only 2 apps for the club, we got £250k for him which is a fair amount really. Evgeny Matrakhov made his 100th appearance for the club.

We improved by one place over last season which saw us enter the playoffs and face a club from the Russian Premier, we lost 2-0 over 2 legs.

I came third in the Manager of the Year awards.

Key Players;

Mikhail Gorelishvili - Top Scorer again from the left of Attack.

Maxim Molokoedov - In First Division team of the year!
Artem Moskvin - Played in every League game.

Youth Candidates;

Igor Shevchenko YP02a - LW - Initial Profile

Renat Lazarev YP02b - CF - Initial Profile

Nikolay Smirnov YP02c - AMC - Initial Profile

Season 1

Season 1

Alexandr Grigorenko YP01c - CB - Initial Profile

Season 1

Season 1

Season     League              Pos	Russian Cup      Europe       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
2017/18   Russian 1st Div.     5th       5th rd           N/A       1 Pt off Playoffs
2018/19   Russian 1st Div.     4th       4th rd           N/A       Lost to Khimki in Playoffs

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C.

Season 8 – 2024/2025

Squad // League Table First Phase (1st) // League Table Promotion Stage (2nd) // Transfers

Close promotion race with a lot of late goals

Okay, this season review is a little bit different since we finally made it in the 2nd division in a close and several times nerve-wracking-race and i want to re-tell some crucial moments.

It all started really, really good. We were flying through the first phase till January, but then came the transfer window for the higher divisions (in the 3rd tier there's one big transfer window which lasts until the end of march). In January i got several offers every day for my players. I don't think it took me ever in my whole FM playing time so long to go through one month. The game stopped because of new offers on several occasions a few times on one day. I made the mistake a few seasons back to sell some players and I think that's the main reason we were still in the 3rd division, so I declined every offer. And I don't know why (because of our debt), but our board didn't go over our head this time. So I kept all players, but several of them were really unhappy...

First we managed to keep winning the games, but I noticed that we had more problems especially upfront. We squandered a lot of chances. But the problems really began in march. Already in the Promotion Stage we had a tight race with 2 professional teams (Benfica CD & Torreense) for the 2 spots which are giving you a chance for promotion. Several of our players handed in february and the beginning of march a “formal transfer request” and then this happened:

qtXKOEJ.png

5 games without a win in a row, that's one bad streak who can ruin everything in a stage with only 14 games. And as you notice even worse: 2 losses against our two rivals. After half time in the promotion stage we even dropped down to 4th after that streak. I was frustrated and annoyed and thought everything is going to ****. Without promotion we would lose players in the summer and rebuild the team again. But the next two games turned the season around:

cnQx2B2.png

In both games we were the better team, but not good enough. We missed so many good chances. But in both games we scored the winning goal in overtime and think that gave the whole team a moral boost (it certainly gave me one). 2 more confident wins and a really unlucky draw (after that I was down a little again) we were going in the final 2 games of the season – against Torreense and Benfica CD. We were 3rd, Torreense 2 points ahead of us in 2nd, Benfica CD 4 points ahead of us in 1st. With 2 wins we would at least finished 2nd, which would be good enough to qualify for the playoffs.

First against Torreense and what a game that was: Our striker Paulo Folha (YP07a) (more about him later) scored in the first minute, but Torreense came immediately back. 1:1 after 4 minutes. Before half time they made the 1:2. Again Paulo Folha (YP07a) scored after 57 minutes the equalizer and what happened after that? Maybe you can guess it: a goal in overtime. Paulo Folha (YP07a) again and I was going crazy (my girlfriend surely does think I am crazy now) after that 3:2 win.

So before the last game of the season we were 2nd. One point ahead of Torreense and only one point behind Benfica CD, who lost – very surprisingly – their game. So with a win we could even go 1st and secure promotion without playoffs. After two minutes Benfica CD scored a goal, we were the better team, in the 42nd minute our left inside forward Hélder Gonçalves (YP06d) scored the equalizer. After that not much happened (we throw everything forward in the end, but without luck) and the nerve-wracking time began again. Because for some odd reason, Torreense didn't play at the exact same time. Instead they played directly after us at the same day. At this point I was sure, I would miss promotion again, but they only managed to get a goalless draw: We were in the play-offs.

There we met União da Madeira, a team which was promoted last year and only managed to get 17th in the Ledman LigaPro. But they had a good run of form since they won 3 of their last 4 games and in the past we never won against them. At away we put up a good fight, lost 1:2, but I was satisfied with the away goal. And I still don't understand what happened at the home game. That was our best game ever. We smashed them 5:0. PROMOTION!!!

fy61VXA.png

Since this post is so long already, I only want to highlight one player: Paulo Folha (YP07a). I was sceptical last year, as I got him from the intake. Of course he has great stats, but for a striker his trait, that he rather looks for the pass than attempting to score seemed to be a problem for our system. I tried to get rid of that trait – without success. But I wasn't a problem at all. Just the opposite. He scored a lot of goals and he gave a lot of assists, too. I never saw a highlight where he passed the ball and I thought he better should have tried to score... The only “problem” with him is: he could have easily scored 10 more goals. He misses a lot of chances.

The Youth Intake: Not a bad intake, but not that great either compared to the last ones and the two best players are helpful but unfortunately are playing in the same position

- Duarte Galveias (YP 08a): has not only potential, but some good stats already. Has a good chance to become a future starting attacking mid or winger

- Manuel Torcato (YP 08b): another player for the attack. Since I think he will stay in the youth team for at least 2 seasons, I try to retrain him as an attacking left mid, so he can become a good squad player who can fill in where he's needed the most..

- Rui Lobato (YP 08c): Of course, a central defender. Because of the high number of good prospects in this position it will be difficult for him to establish himself as a first team player.

Next season will be all about staying clear of relegation. 20 teams, we need to be better than at least 4 of them. I am confident. In the last cup games against teams from the 2nd division, we were competitive. But I don't know yet, if we will turn professional (but I think so, because every team in the Ledman LigaPro is professional) and if we can keep all of our players. And the financial situation is another. Because of our exceptional youth coaching we are 700k in the red. I hope season end prize money and sponsor money will take care of that (in the last years we got without promotion around that sum during the summer break). On the player front we've good material on most position, only in goal it would be good to get someone really good soon...

Through The Seasons
Season Division Position Cup Europe Squad
2017/2018 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 4th R 3rd Rnd - Squad
2018/2019 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 8th P 2nd Rnd - Squad
2019/2020 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 5th / 2nd R 2nd Rnd - Squad
2020/2021 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 9th / 3rd R 2nd Rnd - Squad
2021/2022 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 2nd R 3rd Rnd - Squad
2022/2023 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 3rd / 1st R 3rd Rnd - Squad
2023/2024 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 3rd P 2nd Rnd - Squad
2024/2025 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 2nd P 2nd Rnd   Squad

I am sill working on another table for youth players progress, but i am still not satisfied with the presentation, yet.

Edited by Kazushi80
corrected false link

Selkirkfc.png

SELKIRK FC - SEASON TEN - 2026/27

Scottish Cup - Betfred Cup - Challenge Cup

League Table:

A very bad season, we don't seem to be improving, another Play Off win keeps us up, a 7th place finish would be nice!

Squad:

More young players coming into the squad, they are improving.

Transfers:

One sale, good price plus it has add ons.

Finances:

A loss, where is our cup run?

Youth Intake:

A couple of good prospects

Best XI

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		SPFL2		10th		
2018/19		SPFL2		9th		
2019/20		SPFL2		8th 
2020/21		SPFL2		10th
2021/22		SPFL2		9th		
2022/23		SPFL2		9th
2023/24		SPFL2		9th		
2024/25		SPFL2		9th		
2025/26		SPFL2		10th		
2026/27		SPFL2		10th		

@Dan BHTFC Man, you are a hero for hanging in there for 10 seasons. It seems like a real struggle in there, maybe try to shake things a bit, change HoYD or pick different tactics...

Jesus Christ Dan, respect that you keep going despite the struggle. Scotland can't be an easy place to do this.  Currently doing this in Sweden and seems a bit easier there. 

Holy smokes do I have a lot of catching up to do!!!

With not being able to play over the holiday period and then being sicker than a dog afterwards I didn't open up FM for 2+ weeks.  That changed a couple of days ago and now halfway through my 'comeback' season with Port Talbot! :)

Hoping to read through all of the posts and then make my end of season post here within a couple of days.....

Grenoble Foot 38 - Youth Intake 2023

iI6niSh.png

Another great youth intake, with more quality defenders to add to the squad. I would have liked to see a great striker prospect to develop, but if we can keep getting solid intakes we'll be able to stay in Ligue 2 at least. We still feel a long way off of challenging for promotion. 

Lyes Yessad (DC) - Another great central defender prospect, joins a long list of solid candidates in the squad. I even chose to sell one of our promising options in the summer as we just have to many to give enough game time to develop fully. We'll see how Yessad does over the next couple of years and hopefully getting him involved in the first team or loaned out to a fellow Ligue 2 side. 

Prince Matondo (DL) - Matondo looks like he could develop into a great attacking WB for us, he's got a solid base across all of his attributes. I'm excited to see whether I can develop him into a star player for us. 

Adama Diouf (AMC) - Diouf doesn't fit into our formation at the moment, but with us losing striker prospects and Belvito set to retire at the end of the season there is opportunities to change formations if a player can force himself onto the field. I will look to continue his development as a Shadow Striker for the time being. 

Kodjo Abass (MC) - Abass will be developed as a general central midfielder for now. Our original midfielders are heading towards retirement age now, so we will need some quality back-ups in the next couple of years. Hopefully, Abass can be one of them and push for a starting role. 

Karamoko Kean (GK) - After not producing any GK prospects over my first few seasons, we've now produced a fantastic prospect in each of the last 4 intakes. With Maubleu looking like he will be a great option for the next few years, we can now consider selling one or two of them if we receive some great bids. 

William Kouvinga (DC) - Probably the better of the two DC prospects I've tagged. His mental attributes are easily the best I've seen for a new prospect. He needs to work on his tackling and his physical attributes, but I'm hopefully he could compete for a starting role in the future. 

I'm back with my tail between my legs...though I'm planning to start something huge. This is my favourite challenge / way of playing fm and I want to set myself the challenge of completing this in every single country! This may take me a year or even longer, but I am determined to give it a go. No update at the moment as I'm at work, but I've started in Austria.

2 hours ago, smp20 said:

I'm back with my tail between my legs...though I'm planning to start something huge. This is my favourite challenge / way of playing fm and I want to set myself the challenge of completing this in every single country! This may take me a year or even longer, but I am determined to give it a go. No update at the moment as I'm at work, but I've started in Austria.

The biggest problem that you will have after a couple of seasons, is getting new teams getting promoted for the very first time to a playable league. But it will be a huge challenge nevertheless.

FC%20Sak_zpsvci1by3e.png

FC Sakhalin Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk - Season 3; 2019/20

Improvment again on our league finish and we made it into the top two and automatic promotion. It looks a huge step up in class between the First Division and Premier so it could be a long tough season next year.

Unfortunately our little ground isn't going to meet Premier league standards so we will be moving off the island... To Here! Avanguard.

Russian Clubs by Reputation

Anton Arkhipov Retires.

Andrey Bochkov Retires.

Dmitry Grachev Retires.

Maxim Molokoedov Retires.

Key Players;

Artem Moskvin

Youth Candidates;

Anatoly Popov YP03c - AMC - Initial Profile

Oleg Kovalev YP03b - CM - Initial Profile

Anatoly Yerastov YP03c - GK - Initial Profile

Yury Lukjanov YP03d - GK - Initial Profile

Vyacheslav Dmitriev YP03e - CB - Initial Profile

Vladimir Mukhametdinov YP03f - CM/AMC/CF - Initial Profile

Season 1

Season 1

Season 1

Season 1

Season 1

Season 2

Season 1

Season 2

Season 1

Season 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
2018/19   Russian 1st Div.     4th       4th rd           N/A       Lost to Khimki in Playoffs
2019/20   Russian 1st Div.     2nd       6th rd           N/A       Promoted!

4 hours ago, Bartrcm said:

The biggest problem that you will have after a couple of seasons, is getting new teams getting promoted for the very first time to a playable league. But it will be a huge challenge nevertheless.

I don't think he wants to do it all in one save ;)

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C.

Season 9 – 2025/2026

Squad // League Table (8th) // Transfers

players leaving = performance improving

Our first season as a professional club, but that started with a few problems. Several of our talented players wanted only to sign professional contracts with a really low release clause. And since we got even higher offers for them every day, all their contracts were running at least 2 years and I knew if I would give them a new contract, they would leave me a few days later, we let them on their old part-time-contracts.

Every match other managers were in the crowd to see my players... and then came the winter.... In the January transfer window the refusing offers time was over -thanks to my board. It started with Paulo Folha (YP07a), who was with 9 goals in 17 matches my best striker again. My board decided to sell him for 275k. So after 29 goals in 58 games, the player who I hoped would be a long term star, left the club (and sits on the bench of a league rival now).

Okay, every downside has an upside I thought. First I hoped the selling would stop, after the board was kind enough to hear my protests regarding an 500k offer from greek club PAOK for Ricardo Esteves (YP 06b). And with André Fidalgo (YP 06f) we had a good young replacement striker for Folha in our team: He made 3 goals in the first 2 games as our new leading striker. He didn't make any more, my board thought I would be wise to sell him for ridiciously low 105k and they didn't even let my protest this time. So good, old club record striker Marius Toader (YP01g) made this comeback after I already loaned him out and told him, that his contract will not be renewed.

During the January transfer window we lost our Assistant Manager, too. We had him since the start of the save, but after 9 years learning from me, he wanted to take charge of a team himself. And on the last day we made a sale ourselves. PAOK came again with a bid for Ricardo Esteves (YP 06b). Since he had only 1,5 years left on his contract and wanted only to sign with a release clause for 60k (!!??) and I feared my board might sell him for a low sum anyway, I negotiated 1,5 million upfront and 50% of the fee from his next sale. So I hope that he'll become a very good player there and we get in 2 or 3 seasons even more money. And I hope that our board is stopping the sale of our players now...

After 4 paragraphes about leaving players, let's say a few words about the season itself: It was a lot better than I thought. In the first half we stayed always a little bit about the relegation zone, but not very comfortable. But after the January transfer window and all the players out, the rest kicked really on and played great football. So we lost good players, but played better after that. Very surprising. We had so a lot of good games between february and may and climbed the league. We even had the chance to finished in 5th place. Most of the time we were not so good in the first half of the game, but my guys are “comeback kids”. Won a few games after an early 0:2. As you maybe have seen in the squad overview above we don't have an really outstanding performing player. Everyone had bad games and good games and most of the time solid games. Most impressive was Duarte Galveias (YP08a) from last years youth intake. He broke into the first team after we sold Esteves and was really good on the right wing. A surprise was Vítor Sá (YP 03a) again. My assistant don't consider him good enough for this level (and he's not), but in my opinion my other goalkeepers are worse, so I played him. And he was solid. My fans voted him even player of the season.

The Youth Intake: good intake with some useful players. Since the registration rules in the Ledman LigaPro are not allowing us to use them after the intake for the first team, none of them had a chance to impress me yet in regular games.

- José Conchinha (YP 09a): the much needed striker, but his Finishing could be better (a lot better since we are used to have several players with 14 / 15 there)

- Rui Rego (YP 09b): a midfielder is helpful, too. We've good players in this position, but since we hadn't any good ones in the last intakes we're lacking a little bit long term depth. Will retrain him so that he can play defensive and central mid.

- Luis Fernando (YP 09c): A right back is very helpful, too. We've one really good one, but since he doesn't want to sign a professional contract with low release clause and the offers are keep rolling in, it could be that we need a new player for this position rather sooner than later.

- Quelode Cá (YP 09d): And of course: a new center back.

Next season will be not an easy one. It's important that we keep our squad together and that our board doesn't sell anymore players. And there are still 3 first team players without professional contracts. I hope they sign them soon without low release clauses or I need to sell them... But if I lose them all, it will be very difficult. And Vítor Sá (YP 03a) is solid, but I hope I get a real good goalkeeper talent sometime soon.

Through The Seasons
Season Division League Pos. Taça de Portugal Taça da Liga Europe Squad
2017/2018 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 4th R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2018/2019 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 8th P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2019/2020 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 5th / 2nd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2020/2021 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 9th / 3rd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2021/2022 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 2nd R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2022/2023 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 3rd / 1st R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2023/2024 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 3rd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2024/2025 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 2nd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2025/2026 Ledman LigaPro 8th 2nd Rnd 2nd Phase - Squad

I am sill working on another table for youth players progress, but i am still not satisfied with the presentation, yet.

46 minutes ago, Kazushi80 said:

I don't think he wants to do it all in one save ;)

4 hours ago, Bartrcm said:

I did consider that but I will be starting a new save with each one for this reason and also the first 10-15 years are always my favourite in game :)

Yeah, great start in the new season. 2 injuries (2 months and 7 months) and the board sells my best central mid for 30k (again without even asking me)...

Ilkeston F.C Season 10

Sky Bet League 2

65Nqm16.png                           

League Table| Squad|Transfers| Finances |Fixtures 1| Fixture 2

Season overview

During pre-season I had a couple of first team players refuse to re-sign contracts, one being the mercurial Peter Havern. Luckily for me, they didn't leave when they expired, so I waited, and eventually they relented and signed a new deal, which was a relief. Going into the season with our strongest squad yet was a cause for optimism, We began with mixed form, winning 4 and losing 4 and I wasn't sure which way it would go. Our forwards took the initiative and with the extra goals we were able to start controlling games. We won 7 from the next 10, with Simon Harris (YP24a) making a huge claim for first team football, scoring 8 goals in as many games. We sat in the automatic promotion places after this run and looked good. However a burst of injuries to key players, (in form Harris and Mr consistent Peter Havern) allowed poor form to creep in. We started to recover after a couple of wins against relegation strugglers, and with our first team back to full strength we managed to push on. The injury to Harris, had let Rhys Hill, an untagged player from a couple of years ago break into the first team and he was impressive. By winning 8 of the last 13 games we secured 5th place and another run at the play offs.

We drew 6th place Walsall and played them away from home first. A really uninspired 2-0 loss, looked to have severely dented our chances. We really struggled against there narrow 4-3-3. For the home leg, they lined up in 4-4-2 and I was hopeful. This game was the Simon Harris show, having missed 3 months of the season he had lost his way a bit, but he came good here and scored a hatrick. Unfortunately it came at a cost, he tore his Achilles and was ruled out for 5 months (he is injury prone). 

Through injuries and suspensions we had lost both first team full backs for the final, but we were against Fleetwood, who were beatable. We  started well and grabbed a goal in the 23 minute. It was tense but we were holding on OK. Midway through the second half I started to play more cautiously and amazingly in the 72 min we scored on the counter, Rhys Hill latching onto a long ball. Fleetwood hit back immediately to make the last 15 minutes very nervy. But we held on to win 2-1 and secure promotion to league 1. Promoted

10 Year Squad Summary

Goalkeeper

Clive Severn (YP26) Is now the first choice. Still has weaknesses but is developing well and puts in good performances.

Defenders

Dion Parkinson (YP25b) A really well rounded full back. Has topped the league for distance covered for last two years. Can be poor in the tackle and is weaker than Parmer on the right side but will be a first teamer for years to come

James Marsh (YP26a) His positions show that I have tried in him a few spots. His current role is 'the backup' and covers for either full back or the DM. Great tackler and will become a starter next year.

Rahul Parmer This guy has been here from the beginning. He wouldn't sign a contract for the first 2 years, but I am glad he did. He is closing in on 500 appearances for the club and has been voted fans player for the last 3 years. A great player and will still be first choice next year.

Brian James (YP23d) My best centre back by a long way and is right to worry about a lack of squad depth. He is quick and well rounded and I count count the games he has missed since he joined us on one hand.

Tom Franklin (YP22e) Has been in and out of the first team. I dislike how little he has developed and so gave others a chance. However he is consistent and wins a lot of headers. Have been looking for his replacement for years

James Magill (YP18a) The one player I still use regularly from my first intake. Not good enough on paper for this level, but he is very consistent and rarely lets me down. Seems content as a back up and I like having him around

Midfielders

Peter Havern (YP22a) We need him in our team, but I don't have to like him. Has been moaning complaining about leaving ever since he joined us. Is very well paid and now signed for another 3 years. Has been remarkably consistent (never below 7 for average rating over season) and one of the first names on the team sheet.

Dennis Doherty (YP23a) The second half of my midfield pairing. Is a little more creative than Havern and so always plays in that type of role. Scores a few goals and covers a lot of ground, one of my favourite players.

Russel Evans (YP25a) Had the most potential of his years intake and has now made the first team as a DM. His development has been underwhelming and if he doesn't show a bit more he could lose his place. He is could in the air which is a plus but has a poor work rate.

Derek Owen A player without a tag who joined in 2025. Has been developing well and was given some chances. This season he has broken into the first team and has looked good, a decent well rounded midfielder.

Ash Benfield Will now have to be content as a back up player. His potential has pretty much been reached and so others will get more chances now. 

Forwards

Simon Harris (YP24a) Was really showing his potential in the beginning of this year. However two long term injuries ruined his season. His report says "has a real problem with injuries" so he isn't a long term prospect. 

Rhys Hill Joined in 2024 and just stayed in the U18's for a couple of years. However with the injuries he got a chance and he has taken it. Has great physical stats and his mental stats are starting to catch up. Managed 18 goals this year

Nick Jordan (YP23b) The high hopes I had for this guy are a memory now. Contributed a lot over the last few years, however a long term injury this season saw him lose his place. His development has been a disappointment and I think I will favour other longer term options over him.

Youth Intake

A solid intake for us this year, with one really promising forward to be excited about.

Phil Marsh (YP27a) Has great acceleration, finishing and first touch, backed up by good mental stats. Will be thrown into first team immediately. His lack of ambition is a worry

Aaron Sleath (YP27b) Can play anywhere in the middle, but will be trained as a centre back. His poor positioning is a worry but if he can progress, I may give him a shot as we lack defenders

7098d34e4dac70d2c0fb1e5b7ab0f952.png

2027 Screenshot

Ash started 27 games this term and managed to chip in with 3 goals and 4 assists. His determination has now slipped to 13, which is a shame but still enough for the project to continue.

As stated above he is now the back up option as I expected and will hopefully be content in that role.

Club Overview

Things off the pitch are a little less exciting as they are on it. We did not upgrade anything this season and I still haven't had the option to increase our youth recruitment network. Due to a nagging paranoia that using an affiliates training facilities wasn't having the effect it should I have severed our ties, which drops us from "impressive training facilities" down to "below average". I may regret this but I want to see what happens when using our own for a season.

The other positive thing to report is a slowing down of the determination drop, coupled with an increase in reports of "our squads personality has had a positive effect on player X recently". This seems to improving players hidden ambition attribute which will definitely help.

Season summary

Promotion to league 1 is a great achievement for me and I just hope we can survive. I expect to be in League 1 for a good few years to come whilst the squad catches up the standard. 

Edited by Sanno11

FC%20Sak_zpsvci1by3e.png

FC Sakhalin Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk - Season 3;

2020/21

A very tough season saw us start our time in the Russian Premier Division with a 12 game winless streak. We still only won 2 matches beforethe winter break and two after. We finished in the relegation playoffs surviving automatic relegation on the final day of the season beating already relegated Baltika. We beat Orenburg in the playoffs, drawing 2-2 at Home, 1-0 Away. We escaped that (and the whole season really) by the skin of our teeth. Sakhalin Overall best XI

Vasilenko Retires.

Sergey Averjanov YP04a becomes youngest ever player.

Im starting to get in demand in Russia, CSKA Interview offer and FC Krasnodar.

Youth Candidates;

Sergey Averjanov YP04a - CM/DMC - Initial Profile

Sergey  Terekhin YP04b - CF - Initial Profile

Konstantin Kovalev YP04c - CB/RB - Initial Profile

Stanislav Zyryanov YP04d - CM - Initial Profile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anatoly Popov YP03c - AMC - Initial Profile

Season 1

Oleg Kovalev YP03b - CM - Initial Profile

Season 1

Anatoly Yerastov YP03c - GK - Initial Profile

Season 1

Yury Lukjanov YP03d - GK - Initial Profile

Season 1

Vyacheslav Dmitriev YP03e - CB - Initial Profile

Season 1

Vladimir Mukhametdinov YP03f - CM/AMC/CF - Initial Profile

Season 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season 1

Season 2

Sold to FC Krasnodar £500k (March 2021).

Season 1

Season 2

Season 1

Season 2

Season 1

Sold to FC Ufa £250k (February 2019).

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

2019/20   Russian 1st Div.     2nd       6th rd           N/A       Promoted!
2020/21   Russian Prem.        14th      5th rd           N/A       Won Relegation Playoff.

Edited by brettney1980
Missed a couple of links

@Dan BHTFC - Amazing commitment to this challenge, I hope you're rewarded soon with some big progress!

@Kazushi80 - Congratulations on staying up comfortably! I feel your pain with the board selling players, although £30k seems a ridiculously low amount

@Sanno11 - Great season, congratulations! Best of luck staying up next season.

@brettney1980 - Looks like your going well in Russia! How are your facilities and youth setup doing?

Image result for sv spakenburg

SV Spakenburg - 2029/30

Eredivisie | League Table (13th, sorry) | Dutch Cup | Transfers | Squad | Facilities | Finances (~5M, again don't know what I'm doing)| Best 11 

Remember the grind we had for the first 7 years in the Jupiler League? Well that's back. At the moment, I just can't compete with the players that the top 6 or so sides can bring in with transfers. I've reached the moment where my training facilities are maxed out, so it's not that our players don't reach their potential, it's that their potential isn't high enough. And with our Youth Recruitment linked to our reputation, which is linked to our getting into Europe, which is limited by our current ability of the player, which is maxed out with our facilities, which means our potential isn't high enough. As you an see, it's a vicious cycle. On the bright side, I seem to be exempt from everyone's problems with the board selling their players (knock wood). I've only had that once and I protested it successfully. Looking at our players, we had the usual performers playing well, and everyone else doing decent. Unfortunately, Johan Schouten (09b)'s deal is up next year, so I'm going to have to sell him now to try and get some money out of it. We do have our new RWB from the intake last year who can step up into his spot. Anyways, not much else to say as it's time for another grind until we either get a superstar in the intake, or a youth recruitment upgrade.

Class of 2030

Laurens Pluim (13a) - Nice personality, nice PPM, could be a great DLP for us.

Gerrit Taberima (13b) - Worse version of the one above, but still has potential.

Class of 2029

Gökhan Aydın (12a)

Richie van Koesveld (12b)

Arjan Heidekamp (12c)

Class of 2028

Dmytro Virt (11a)

Remco Vriends (11b)

Jordi du Chatinier (11c)

Class of 2027

Yassine Bennouna (10a)

Jasper van Voorthuizen (10b)

Class of 2026

Gerald Druppers (09a)

Johan Schouten (09b) 

Herman Frijn (09c)

Class of 2025

John Lammers (08a)

Onur Şerifoğlu (08b)

Class of 2024

Carlos Rijssel (07a)

Jos van Staa (07b)

Class of 2023

Erik van Hoof (06a)

Rob Bergkamp (06b)

Gijsbert Loukili (06c)

Toine Ruijmgaart (06d)

Class of 2022

Class of 2021

Erdem Yiğat (04b)

Remco van der Veen (04c)

Mike Kuijpers (04e)

Class of 2020

Dennis van der Wal (03b)

Sebastão Ntyamba (03d)

Class of 2019

Class of 2018

Jan van der Heijden (01e)

2nd Nationality Watch

Morocco x14

Turkey x12

Suriname x9

Aruba x3

Curaçao x3

Angola x2

Cape Verde x2

Greece x2

Indonesia x2

Ukraine x1

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Dutch Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer                  Most Assists                                      Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol/van der Meiracker (16)  Tol (7)                                           Tol (7.07) 
2018/19   Jupiler League    19th        4th Round      Basic                  Poor                 Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (17)                    van der Meiracker (7)                             van der Meiracker (6.97)   
2019/20   Jupiler League    18th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Adequate            Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (13)                    Oostinjen (10)                                    Custovic (7.09)  
2020/21   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (14)                    Tol (7)                                           van der Heijden (01e) (6.98)  
2021/22   Jupiler League    19th        3rd Round      Adequate               Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (9)   van Berlo (02a) (5)                               Veerman (7.06)  
2022/23   Jupiler League    16th        3rd Round      Average                Below Average        Good                Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (16)                    Oostinjen (8)                                     Oostinjen/van der Wal (03b) (6.91)  
2023/24   Jupiler League    16th        4th Round      Good                   Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (14)  Oostinjen/Taylan (03a) (6)                        van der Wal (03b) (7.06) 
2024/25   Jupiler League    7th         2nd Round      Impressive             Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (15)  Bergkamp (06b) (9)                                Kujipers (04e) (7.22)
2025/26   Jupiler League    11th        4th Round      Impressive             Adequate             Exceptional         Fairly Basic        N/A                    van Staa (07b) (24)         van Staa (07b)/van der Wal (03b) (7)              van Staa (07b) (7.13)
2026/27   Jupiler League    1st         4th Round      Excellent              Adequate             Exceptional         Fairly Basic        Promotion              Şerifoğlu (08b) (15)        Şerifoğlu (08b)/Lammers (08a)/Bergkamp (06b) (10) Ruijmgaart (06d) (7.38)
2027/28   Eredivisie        14th        2nd Round      Excellent              Below Average        Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    van Staa (07b) (12)         Lammers (08a)/van Staa (07b) (7)                  van Staa (07b) (6.99)
2028/29   Eredivisie        10th        Qtr Finals     Superb                 Below Average        Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    van Staa (07b) (24)         Lammers (08a) (12)                                van Staa (07b) (7.18)  
2029/30   Eredivisie        13th        4th Round      State of the Art       Below Average        Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    Şerifoğlu (08b) (22)        Lammers (08a) (11)                                van Staa (07b) (7.12) 

34 minutes ago, JWVG said:

@The_Gato_In_Goal Can't you upgrade your youth facilities? Not only recruitment is important for the youth potential, but also the facilities.

Didn't know the facilities we're factored into that. I just focused on my training facilities, since all my prospects get promoted directly to the first team, but I have the fund and am upgrading youth facilities. It's just a matter of time since you can only do 1 a year.

@Pippadoc Thanks. I don't know if it's portugal or FM17, but the transfer offers are a little bit screwed for me this year. For example for my best central defender i get at the moment daily offers - some are as low as 20k some are 350k (all the initial offer without negotiating). That's a big variety for one player. but the most frustrating thing for me is that like in the last years, my very talented players want to leave to a bigger club, the board accepts at some time the offer, after that they sit 2 years on the bench for their new club, get released and find a new job on semi-professional level in the league below me. I miss an option to say to players who want to move something like: "Look, what leaving me has done to the career of the last 10 players who sat here and complained" ;)

@The_Gato_In_Goal don't see it that negative. you're stabilizing in the eredivsie. I am very optimistic that you can kick on in the next years and get into europe in a few seasons. look how long it did take you to make progress in the 2nd divsion ;) And i agree with @JWVG . you should upgrade the youth facilities, too.

Hey everyone, been lurking around this thread for a while and there's some really enjoyable reads, keep at it :) I have a quick question.

How does this challenge on FM17 compare to FM16? I ask because I'm looking to attempt this challenge for a second time, previously attempting a couple of years ago. However I currently do not own FM17. I would most likely be starting in England. FM17 would include a variation of Brexit, right? What other differences would there be? (is FM17 easier/harder?)

Purchase FM17 or stick with 16? (and if I were to stick with 16, would it be okay for me to bump the FM16 thread?)

@smp20 already did it with Litex a while back,  and i'm pretty sure he did it in fewer years. hopefully over the weekend i would be the second :-)

Grenoble-Foot 38 - End of Season Review 2022/23

kW9Cw2e.png

Squad - Ligue 2 Table - Ligue 2 Results - French Cup Results - Coupe de la Ligue Results - Transfers - Finances

Ligue 2 - 13th

Defensively, we have been fantastic this season! Maubleu tied his career record with 17 clean-sheets Ligue 2. Unfortunately, we were fairly toothless going forward. We conceded a fantastic 35 goals, but we only scored 35 goals as well. However, we did manage to improve on last years 16th place and whilst we finished on a disappointing run of form we had secured safety with 5 games to go. 

That's now two years in a row of our form dropping off near the end of the season, it'd be nice to correct that to allow us to move further up the table and grab a little more in prize money and hopefully have a positive effect on our reputation as well. 

Coupe de la Ligue - Knocked out in the 2nd round

For the first time we failed to make it to the 3rd round. Whilst not making it to the 3rd round isn't necessarily cause for disappointment every season, losing to newly promoted Clermont Foot was a disappointment. The prize money jumps are quite large between rounds and a tie against a Ligue 1 side could have gotten us a decent amount of gate receipts so it was definitely a big disappointment. 

French Cup - Knocked out in the 9th Round

Again we made it to the 9th round and got a great big money tie against a Ligue 1 side. Monaco have finished 2nd to PSG every season so far and went on to beat PSG in the Coupe de la Ligue final this season. We really stood no chance in this game, they had 38 shots to our 3!

Top Performers

Brice Maubleu (GK) - Maubleu is still the key to our defense, and he just had his best season to date. In the league he managed 17 clean-sheets and only 32 goals conceded in 36 games. My coaches have just dropped his current ability to a decent Ligue 2 player from a good Ligue 2 player, but I suspect there has been no actual change in his ability as his statistics seem to be pretty static. 

Maxime Spano (DC) - Well into his prime, Spano is one of the best players in the squad. He's a fantastic defender, although I suspect his ratings may be a little inflated due to him playing the cover role which leads to a lot of interceptions. He should be able to play that role for a few years yet, and if his physical attributes start to decline I should be able to move him to a different role. 

Clement Dumas (YP19E) (DC) - Dumas has returned from his loan spell last season to quickly establish himself as a key player for us. He started off the year on the bench, but replaced Eric Vandenabeele before September was over. According to my assistant manager he's already the best player we have in the squad. I suspect I'll be in for a hard time keeping hold of him this summer.

Sofian Belbey (MC) - Habib Toure picked up a lower back stress fracture early in the season which put him out for 2 months. Belbey seized his opportunity to take over the advanced playmaker role and was easily our best forward thinking player this season. His 7 goals are only one behind our top scorer (in fact he was the top scorer for a fair bit of the season) and he chipped in with 6 assists to boot.

Yaya Fane (YP18D) (MC) - Fane is another young player who has returned from a loan spell and quickly established himself as a starting player for us. He predominantly plays as a central midfielder (defend) and his 11 yellow cards certainly show that. He has some nice potential to grow, but not enough to grow into a Ligue 1 player which might help us to keep him for the next few years. 

Bruno Diallo (YP19I) (ST) - Diallo has taken over the Target Man role from the retiring Belvito. He has had a solid season all in all. He scored 8 and created 3, and hopefully has a bit of room to improve over the next couple of years. Again, he doesn't have Ligue 1 potential so hopefully we can finally hang onto a young striker for a few seasons.

Youth Watch

Nicolas Guinot (YP21A) - With Maubleu remaining injury free for most of the season, Guinot only managed 6 appearance compared to 9 last year. He's attracting interest for a ton of Ligue 1 sides, and he may end up leaving as we have two or three more excellent prospects in goal. 

Julien Guillaume (YP18C) - Guillaume had a solid season as a starter alongside Spano and Dumas. He's firmly established as a starter for us now and hasn't attracted much interest thankfully. He appears to have potential to be a top Ligue 2 player, but not a Ligue 1 player.

Cherubin Kouyombo (YP19D) - Kouyombo had a decent season as out WBR, he has now taken over for Cianci for the most part. Cianci still gets a decent amount of starts as the WBR role tends to lead to a lot of yellow cards and is a high intensity role. We've seen plenty of interest in Kouyombo, it may be hard to keep hold of him

Jesus Romero (YP20B) - Romero complained about game time this season so I gave him a chance in the first team and he really shined. He's claimed the starting role now, although he has also been attracting plenty of interest from Ligue 1 sides. 

Jordan Martin (YP20H) - Martin is a solid utility player for the team, but one I'd rather avoid starting unless he can progress further over the next year or two.

Pierre Rougier (YP20D) - Rougier is my preference for the advanced playmaker role in the long term. His progression so far has been quite slow despite him starting 26 games for us this season. He needs to improve a lot over the next couple of seasons or I can see him being overtaken by other options. 

Jeremy Mahe (YP19C) - Mahe is one of those players who could surpass Rougier. He's got a lot of potential, but again he has a lot of developing to do to stake a claim for a first team position.

Nicolas Le Fur (YP18E) - Another good looking midfield prospect who probably should have got more game time than he did this season. Next season I think we will really start to phase out our ageing midfielders. Le Fur is currently in line for plenty of game time next year, likely as our box-to-box midfielder. 

Habib Toure (YP17B) - He lost his starting role through no fault of his own, but really Toure isn't the long term answer for us. I will look to keep him as a squad player for us, but I'd rather not rely on him as a starter for any long stretch. 

Yacouba Traore (YP20F) - Traore has taken over the poacher role since Robert Fabre has been sold. It wasn't plain sailing early on, he took 18 starts before scoring his first career goal in the French Cup and only finished with 6 goals, although he did chip in with 5 assists. His biggest issue is his low anticipation, you can see in the highlights where he's just half a second late to react to the ball and lets the defender get there before him. If he can improve that by a few points he'll grow into a fantastic player for us. 

Ricardo Mendes (YP20G) - Mendes has become our third choice striker now, although he doesn't really fit into either of the roles we currently use. He's got some decent potential though, so hopefully he'll be here for a long while yet. 

Club Overview

We've haemorrhaged money this season, mostly thanks to the wage increases over the last two seasons and a lack of player sales this year. We aren't looking at getting facility upgrades in the next couple of seasons, but we've got a solid youth system that seems to be producing good players year-on-year. 

I'm going to look to cut the wage budget as much as possible, and hope we can get further in the cups to pick up some more prize money and gate receipts. Our attendances seem to have stabilised at around 5500 which is a bit disappointing, so I suspect we will lose money until we can get promoted unless we sell players each year. 

Goals for Next Season

In the league I'd like to get back into the top half (read 10th) and see if we can't help our reputation grow a bit. Cup-wise, a nice run would be good for the finances but it will remain a secondary goal and a chance to develop some of our younger players. 

Hopefully we'll see some good development from our youngsters and avoiding selling too many of them. I'm going to look at developing some of the players Ligue 2 potential as well as the players with Ligue 1 potential. If we can develop good to great performers at this level who don't appear to be able to make the step up, we might actually be able to keep them and develop a squad with enough quality to challenge for promotion.

24 minutes ago, Kazushi80 said:

@Muttley84 wow. looking forward to see if you can beat barca and complete the challenge. admire your patience. couldn't wait days to play that game...

Dont wanna rush into it. Currently analyzing their past games trying to find the best way to counter them and things are not looking pretty at all. But on the other hand, I believed the same for the past rounds and still managed to get here. 

11 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Dont wanna rush into it. Currently analyzing their past games trying to find the best way to counter them and things are not looking pretty at all. But on the other hand, I believed the same for the past rounds and still managed to get here. 

Yeah, that's maybe the reason why you were in Europe after 5 seasons, wining cups and league titles really soon and are now challenging for the champions league and i am not even in the top tier after 10 seasons ;) 

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C.

Season 10 – 2026/2027

Squad (Goalkeepers + Defenders) // Squad (Midfielders + Attackers)// League Table (4th) // Transfers

injuries, transfers out and still a sensational season with a goalscoring hero

What a season again. A lot of downs outside the pitch. The board sold my best midfielder Celso Branco (YP06a) for the ridiculous low sum of 30k (can go up 49.5k – sill low – and has 40% profit, but he doesn't play there and might get released for free anyway) at the beginning of the season. In the winter the board sold my best defender Vasco Gomes (YP06e) – with 450k I got at least a decent transfer fee. I sold with Hugo Fernando (YP07b) our other central defender for 230k (+ 50% of the next transfer fee), because offers were piling up and he had a release clause for 240k (was the only possibility to extend his contract). So we lost our two regular central defenders during the transfer window. And we had a lot of long term injury (biggest for Hélder Gonçalves (YP06d) with 8 to 10 months what had one upside: he didn't want to extend his contract before his injury, but did it after that). at times 3 of our 4 first team offensive players were missing. But on the pitch the season was great and the reason is one man...

The hero of the season: Marius Toader (YP01g) again. You remember it maybe, he was already at the way out of the club and than we lost our two best strikers in board approved transfers last year and kept him. And he delivered again. He's not that good overall, loses nearly every header, but he's a finisher. He scored 21 goals in 34 games. Unfortunately he had a bad spell at the end of the season and didn't score in the last six games. Because of that we missed the big sensation: promotion. In 2 of our last 3 games we played (and didn't win) against Estoril (1:1) and Olhanense (0:1). Against Estoril one of our players missed a sitter alone in front of the keeper in overtime, so we had a really good chance to get promoted. But I am not that sad. Never thought that I would have even an outside shot at promotion, so it was a sensational season.

The progress of Marius Toader (YP01g) through the years:

Player Progress
Player Pos. Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat
Marius Toader (YP01g)
ST (C)
2018/2019 2019/2020 2020/2021 2021/2022 2022/2023 2023/2024 2024/2025 2025/2026 2026/2027
6 1 7,23 16 3 6,65 20 0 6,75 32 22 7,09 31 19 7,16 32 14 6,89 15 2 6,68 15 9 6,99 32 21 7,04

The Youth Intake: not great, but a decent intake. Unfortunately not the much needed striker, so we need to rely another year on Toader (so hoping his dry spell at the end was only that – a spell), because last years new striker – you might remember him - José Conchinha (YP 09a) played not very good with the adults and was no goalscoring threat during a few weeks injury break from Toader.

- Diogo Pinho (YP10a): a talented goalkeeper what could be very helpful. Will challenge for the first team next season.

- Pedro Conchinha (YP10b): central mid, important position, too since we lost one player for this position

- Gustavo Velez (YP10c): on the wings we have the most depth at the moment, so he will stay in the youth team for now

- Vítor Carriço (YP10d): a right wing back. Got already 2 of them in the last years, but depth could be necessary since our first choice player at this position attracts a lot of interest.

- Tiago Prates (YP10e): another central mid, more depth for this position

Don't know what to expect from next season. The next step would be to challenge for promotion, but I am not sure if we are good enough. The team played way above the quality of players that we have. The upside of that is: The 3 (only slightly different) tactics we have since about 5 or 6 seasons in place and tweaked only a little bit every pre-season are working. We don't get really good player ratings (7.09 the highest), but we perform well, have a lot of shots and opportunities every game. And we're solid in the defense most times. They only problem we have here are low crosses or passes directly in front of the goals from players who are breaking through to the goal line. I think more than 75% of the goals against us are scored that way... But all ways I find until yet to reduce that harmed us more in offense.

But to come to a close: I would be satisfied with a mid-table-finish without relegation fear. And maybe we can get to the 3rd phase in the Taça da Liga since there can be earned a little bit money. But in the cups were are really awful (and sometimes unlucky) the whole save yet...

Through The Seasons
Season Division League Pos. Taça de Portugal Taça da Liga Europe Squad
2017/2018 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 4th R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2018/2019 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 8th P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2019/2020 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 5th / 2nd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2020/2021 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 9th / 3rd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2021/2022 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 2nd R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2022/2023 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 3rd / 1st R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2023/2024 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 3rd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2024/2025 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 2nd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2025/2026 Ledman LigaPro 8th 2nd Rnd 2nd Phase - Squad
2026/2027 Ledman LigaPro 4th 3rd Rnd 1st Phase - Squad

Skelmersdale_United_FC_logo.png

Starting this challenge to give me a break from my other big saves, so ive got a few on the run to stop boredom :p

First season is done, i got the pictures a tiny bit too late in date, somehow completely forgot about them so the Youth Prospects/Finances are 1 and a half seasons in. The main reason i chose Skelmersdale is because, cool ****ing name + i wanted a team that was a lower rep for a harder challenge (Not that this is easy in any way...). Mostly chose the English leagues because i know them from previous saves and THINK (Would like to be corrected if im wrong) will make the challenge harder, rather than a mainland european team?

Season 2017/18.

League / Schedule A/B- Knew this was going to be a hard challenge but didnt bank on it being QUITE this hard. With challenges like Dafuges and stuff, i can usually get mid-playoffs in the first season, sometimes promotion if im lucky but without those FAs, oh boy. Started off decently with a record of 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss in the first 5 and thought of aiming for mid table but how wrong i was. I just couldnt get a decent run of results going after those 5 games, at one time, only 1 win in 14 looked bleak. I kept fighting though and after losing 3 games on the trot at the end of the season, i went into the final game with myself one spot above the relegation zone, completely on GD, with a final game against Bradford PA, the only team to have been relegated already in last place. After being up 2-0 at half-time, somehow, i lost 3-2 come the final whistle but fortunately both Guiseley and Ashton lost us well, so i survived my first season by the skin of my teeth! This made fans, players and Board alike very very happy and i got myself a new 2 year contract, so Onwards!

Cups - Nothing exciting at all, with 180 teams and 38 VNS/VNN teams, i somehow drew a VNN team in the FA cup, after hoping for an easier under-league team for a tiny bit of prize money but alas, i got Redditch at home and although i went 1-0 up, a 2nd half hat-trick sent me packing and i lost 1-3. FA Trophy was the same story, i drew Lowestoft away and taking the lead in the 2nd half of extra time, i was hopeful before 2 goals in 2 minutes, saw me knocked out.

Finances - Typical at this stage i guess but im really not sure how to stop the downslide of finances? Im keeping the wages well below what they need to be. They were 2.8k in the first season but i had to bump a couple of wages on my key players to keep them another year or 2. I also have another problem that the stadium is TEN (Yep, TEN WHOLE SEATS) seats below the 'minimum required' for the league which my board have acquired a years leniency on as for some reason, they dont have enough money to add on another 700 seats. Yep... No idea on that one, if we're 10 seats under, we dont need 700, We are getting an average of 300 people attending home games so those seats are gonna be useless anyway.

Squad - Nothing amazing to show, anyone under 3 1/2*s are only playing at a regional level currently, i was forced to promote my 17 year old keeper after my starting keeper broke his hand catching a ball and was out of order for 3 whole months. Milan Thompson is my 'Best striker' and at age 21, looked like a good prospect until a learned one valuable lesson. The dude can not score. Its incredible, ive seen strikers go 10-11 hours before and then break it, this man went over 33 hours without scoring. 33 hours. I even put him on penalty duties just to try to get a goal to start his confidence and he missed 3 in a row before i had to take him off. The main issues im going to have is to keep Davies, Harrop and Parkin who are absolutely essential in the next 2-3 seasons for my team.

Youth Prospects -

Zach Tollitt (YR18A) - My first big youth prospect, with a high teamwork and Leadership rating from the start, he could be a future captain if i can keep him for a couple more years. Was pushed into first team duty, basically as soon as he arrived as i was lacking heavily on CMs and one of my best ones had just been injured for 2-3 months. He proved ready to have bit parts in the team though, with 8 games towards the end of the season, scoring a 35 yard free kick in his 2nd game and helping the team by slotting into CM and ST whenever needed. Hopefully will keep advancing and doing well.

Lee Reed (YR18B)  - My second prospect is a 16 year old CB, big jump, tall and heavy. So far hasnt had a shot in the first team but will probably be blooded in the cups and/or friendlies to get some experience. Will probably look to get him training a bit more strength and heading to make him a beast at dealing with crosses where the majority of my goals conceded are coming from currently.

Goals for next season - The goal is to once again stave off relegation. I go back into the season with Skelms being touted as relegation favorites for the 2nd year running. Ive had half decent youth prospect who should be ready for the first team, so hopefully he can step up. I was carried by my wingers last season but im hoping my out and out strikers, both Astbury and Thompson with a combined 13 goals in 71 games this season was nowhere near enough what i expect. If i can get through to another stage of one of the cups that would be nice but right now my objective is to keep my head above water and stay out of another relegation battle from the start.

Edited by Wheresmyspacebar!
Dates were wrong.

@Wheresmyspacebar! Tough first season, but well done on surviving. Tollitt is surprisingly well rounded and could play in either role. I'm happy another person is attempting this in England, it's always interesting to see how it goes. That's the toughest season out of the way, so good luck for next year.

@Kazushi80 great season mate, performing that well in the league can really make your expectations grow but like you say another solid season like that would still be great. Tough luck about all your players getting poached. Seems particularly bad in Europe, as it hasn't happened once to me in England (probably says more about the quality of my players though).

@Sanno11 Thanks. The weird thing about my players getting poached is, that i had the problem at the beginning, but after that everything was okay for several seasons and now it's back. And the annoying thing is that the other clubs seem not to need my players really. For example with Hugo Fernando (YP07b). They bought him in winter from me, used him a few times and released him it at the end of the season for free. Now he's playing semi-professional football in the league below again (like many of my other players who wanted to leave to a bigger club).

FM17 YOUTH ACADEMY CHALLENGE

BRORA RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB

Brora.jpg

SEASON 2 | 2018/2019

LADBROKES LEAGUE 2 | FINAL LEAGUE TABLE | FIXTURES 1 | FIXTURES 2

SCOTTISH CUP | CHALLENGE CUP | BETFRED CUP

FACILITIES | FINANCES | TRANSFERS

Unfortunately there was no real progression made in our second season, and another 9th place in the Scottish League Two was the outcome. So there was a positive that we avoided the relegation play-off for the second successive season, but it could have been much better. After a disastrous start to the campaign we rallied after Christmas with a  string of successive positive results, and were closing in on the outskirts of a play-off place, however, and I'm not sure why, but the wheels completely fell off. Defeat after defeat happened, and a slide down the table occurred. It was on the final game of the season where we secured our safety.

From the first batch of youth intakes, Sam Stewart continued to impress, holding down a starting position for most of the season as well as Kevin MacKay who also had a very impressive season, chipping in with some important goals. However, it is the emergence of one of this seasons intake that gives me confidence, and that's attacking midfielder - Iain Adams. I am looking to find a formation that suits him this season, as well as a few other bright prospects and see what occurs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEASON	LEAGUE			POSITION	SCOTTISH CUP	CHALLANGE CUP	BETFRED CUP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18	LADBROKES LEAGUE TWO	9TH		THIRD ROUND	FIRST ROUND	FIRST ROUND
2018-19 LADBROKES LEAGUE TWO    9TH             SECOND ROUND    FIRST ROUND     FIRST ROUND

Skelmersdale_United_FC_logo.png

Season 2018/19

League (Schedule A/B) - Well, where to begin with this. Once again, i hung in there by the skin of my teeth BUT i improved on the previous seasons points total and secured another season in the VNN in the 2nd to last game, so no final day sweat like last time. Once again though, i just couldnt get going. It started well with 2 wins in the first 2 games against 2 strong teams before my hopes came crashing down with a defeat against newly promoted Darlington, a team i was hoping to get 3 points against. At one stage with only 1 win in 11 games, things did not look great but my team rallied and after getting 2 wins and 3 draws in 5 games, that gave me enough of a boost to once again, finish one spot above the relegation zone. Unfortunately, one of my key backups retired, so im down a player or two and im going to have to rely on my Youth Players making a big leap up ASAP.

Cups - Once again, no joy. 2 tough ties against teams that finish mid table - playoffs most of the time and i was beaten by both, so no influx of cash due to a cup run.

Finances - Oh GOD, the finances are going rapidly downhill, im hoping for a takeover soon because otherwise i really dont know how im going to survive. My board were forced to upgrade our stadiums seating due to league regulations, which put us a whole TEN seats under the required, so my board decided to add another 700 seats (With a 320ish average attendance) and took out a £371k loan (As well as receiving the same in a grant) to add another 700 seats, which i really do not understand the logic for. Anyway, i will now have to pay back £3k a month on top of whatever negative amount i add on top during the season. My board pulled all 'Bonuses' from players and cant play them, which i assume means the Appearances and stuff like that. ATM i only have 6 players on the wages, the rest are on non-contracts and a couple are being offered contracts by other teams, so far no one has moved so fingers crossed.

Youth Prospects -

Season one -

Zach Tollitt - One of the only shining moments of this season, Zach has pushed into the first team and is now basically my first choice Striker, who has also been filling into the CM spot when needed due to injuries and bans. Im hoping i manage to keep him at the club for the next 2-3 years because if i survive and he carries on improving the way he does, he could become a major star in the VNN and i really need the goals he can bring. His free kicks and corner taking is another bonus as he has been getting assists from there as well.

Lee Reed - Lee hasn't had the same impact as Zach but has been useful as a backup defender who can slot in for a game or 2 when my first choices need a break. Once again, is slowly improving so hopefully that continues and he plays a bigger role to come.

Season 2 -

Tyler Taylor - The biggest prospect from this year, i am currently retraining him to be a natural at the AML/AMC roles, as i need backup for them, so far in the U18 leagues, he has done this job well, scoring a decent number for me, not as good as my previous prospects but hopefully we'll see what happens in the future.

Joe Dunn - The other good looking prospect. Im hoping to train him as an advanced playmaker. His first touch, teamwork, workrate and fitness stats are all quite high, so with a bit of passing training as well decisions and anticipations and he may do well. Will probably be left in the U18s for a season or so but may be used if injuries keep me down.

Aims for next season - Once again, survival. Its going to be very hard again, i dont have the wages to keep my very good coach, Assistant Manager or Head of Youth development so all 3 are on Month-to-Month contracts and i just hope they dont leave for greener pastures. As well as that, with the new stadium seats being built, my finances are shot so i cant offer my players any kinda of wages, so hopefully i can keep all the best players, with no injuries and i can survive relegation in a bit better circumstances. Im also hoping to get a under-league team in one of the cups so i can at least progress a round or 2. At this stage though, i am wondering whether its possible at all to progress with this team. With no finances to speak of, i cant improve my facilities, i cant improve coaching badges, or keep decent staff. I need to survive for another 2-3 seasons for my youth prospects to kick in but by then i may lose all players due to finances. Maybe we'll get a takeover, who knows but its definitely going to be another interesting year.

Greek Youth Adventure - Season 16

htMf2.png

Our 16th season in charge of Ergotelis. It was a close race with AEK and PAOK but we managed to retain our title winning the Superleague by a single point. In the Greek Cup we weren't that lucky, as we lost in the semifinals against PAOK. Season Awards go to our regular goalscorer in the past editions D Kourouthianakis 24a, V Michelinakis 26a for highest average rating and J Kamberi 29g for most assists. Not the best average ratings for our Squad, but the quality is there and it is reflected by the numbers of players we have in the Greek National Team, U21 and U19. We are solid as a club, our Finances looking solid than ever. 

We were drawn in a Champions League Group with Benfica, Shaktar Donetsk and Gladbach. We won three and lost three and thus finished second in the Group Stage qualifying for the Knockout phase where we were drawn against Atletico Madrid. They dominated the first leg at our home, but we managed to sneak a draw (0-0) and miraculously won the return leg (0-1) in a game where we had the ball more. Next in line, Arsenal: a lucky draw away in the game in which we were trashed as performance (1-1) followed by another home with the help of a sending off in their behalf (0-0) was enough to see us get through the leg. Things seemed to be over for us as we met the current CL holders and our boogie team - PSG in the semifinals, losing the first leg away (2-1) but we won the home game (1-0) and qualified for the final. Barcelona was waiting for us there, with a much different performance from us in the Knockout Phases, as they passed Juve (3-0 aggregate), Lyon (7-0) and Man City (4-1). The final was for the most part a boring game, but fired in the 90th minutes when the two goals were scored. After that, their Greek player was sent off (talk about Trojan horse huh?). In the Penalty shout, somehow our youngsters kept their calm better than the experienced Barca, and we WON the Champions League! I am aware that we had a lot of luck down the road to here, but I wouldn't mind it, we bloody deserved it for all those seasons of hard work. Now we need a pause, some ouzo and bousouki music in a Greek Tavern...