FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pippadoc I just tag all of them even if i release them or sell, it's just fun finding after years and years one of them in the next opposition team :) On the other hand, I think my intakes are smaller than in full-FM version, the most I remember is getting to the letter L :p 

Grenoble-Foot 38 - End of Season Review 2021/22

kW9Cw2e.png

Squad - League Table - Ligue 2 Results - French Cup Results - Coupe de la Ligue Results - Transfers - Finances

Ligue 2 - 16th

We had a great first half of the season, we picked up 31 points before Christmas and were sitting as high as 6th place in Ligue 2 at one point. Over the first half of the season Robert Fabre really stepped up after we lost Amestoy, scoring 12 of his 14 league goals.

After the new year was different story! Fabre only scored 2 goals, and the rest of the squad were equally woeful in front of goal. With Belvito now 35 years old, he has lost all semblance of speed and really isn't the player he once was. I need to keep him as a rotation option for the time being to allow him to continue to tutor our youngsters. We only picked up 16 points after the calendar turned into 2022, definite relegation form.

The second half of the season was a slog, but after losing three starters over the summer we can't be too disappointed with how the season went. Hopefully we can avoid such a disappointing run of form next year. For some reason our fans seem to be under the impression we were relegated though. 

Coupe de la Ligue - Knocked out in 3rd Round

Another year of reaching the third round, and another season of being knocked out by Montpellier. I'm happy with this run again, and making another £300k in prize money. 

French Cup - Knocked out in 9th Round

In a re-match of our 9th Round tie from 2 years ago, we got ourselves a big money tie against Lyon. We defended well to hold them to 1 goal, but we did pose any threat going forward which was a little disappointing. On the plus side, we did sell out our 20,000 seater stadium for the first time in my time here. 

Top Performers

Brice Maubleu (GK) - Maubleu continues to be one of the keys to our success. Our young prospects are still aren't up to his level, so I expect he'll remain the starter here for a couple more years at least. 

Yassin Mohamed (WBL) - After Clerc left this summer, Mohamed returned to his starting role and has again proved his value to the club. His 9 assists, including 8 in the league, lead the team. 

Hugo Cianci (WBR) - Cianci continues to be a key player for us despite reaching the age of 32 this season. He is going to need to be rotated in the coming years as his role requires a lot of stamina to get up and down the pitch. 

Sofian Belbey (MC) - Belbey stepped into the starting line-up to replace the departed Horjak, and he's had a solid season bouncing around the three different roles we use in the centre of midfield. He's just turned 24, but his low determination means I can't really use him as a tutor unfortunately. 

Robert Fabre (YP19A) (ST) - Over the first half of the season he was fantastic and proved to be an excellent replacement for Amestoy. The second half of the season was worrying, but hopefully we can be a little more consistent next season. Fingers-crossed I can avoid losing him this summer, he's already attracting interest from Ligue 1 sides!

Youth Watch

Nicolas Guinot (YP21A) - A promising first season for Guinot, conceding 9 goals and keeping 3 clean sheets in 9 games. He managed to get 9 first team appearance this season, playing some cup games and some league games when Maubleu was injured and after we clinched safety. 

Julien Guillaume (YP18C) - Guillaume earned himself a starting role in the centre of defence this season. Like most of the squad he had a pretty disappointing league campaign, but hopefully he can improve next season.

Cherubin Kouyombo (YP19D) - Kouyombo has come on leaps and bounds this season and is really pushing Cianci for the starting WBR role. I need to get rid of his 'Dwells on the Ball' trait, but I'm excited to see how he can do next year when I expect him to split time pretty equally with Cianci.

Jesus Romero (YP20B) - Romero is our top development option at WBL. He's done ok in limited opportunities, hopefully we can give him some more opportunities next season.

Habib Toure (YP17B) - The first of two players I've tagged after ignoring initially. Toure is growing into a solid playmaker for us, he's currently splitting time fairly evenly with Coulibaly and he should be able to take over the role full time as Coulibaly begins to decline.

Pierre Rougier (YP20D) - Rougier is another promising playmaker. In the long term he could be better than Toure, I'm very excited about his potential!

Bruno Diallo (YP19I) - Diallo has quietly developed into a solid, if slightly undersized, Target Man. He has now exceeded Belvito's ability and should get plenty of starts next season. 

Club Overview

Thanks to the sale of our 3 young stars last summer we've managed to build up a healthy bank balance. Unfortunately, we've been losing money over the last few months. Increasing our Junior Coaching to an excellent level seems to be too much for us to handle, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts and hopefully we can earn more money elsewhere to make up for it. 

Goals For Next Season

Survival will once again be the aim for us, we need to get some youngsters into the first team squad and avoid selling them if we want to make any real strides from here on out. Our original players are getting towards their mid-30s now, so decline is happening across the midfield and up-front in particular. Really, I need to get youngsters up to speed quickly or we could see ourselves relegated in the next 2 to 3 years. 

Whilst we try and develop youngsters as quickly as possible, I'd like to try and give my good tutors enough game time to be able to continue to use them to improve personalities, it's going to be a bit of a balancing act over the next season or two!

484.png

NK Zadar - Croatia - Season 4

Final Table | Past Positions | Transfers | Finances | Facilities

Season Summary

Final position - 6th (of 10) 

Going into this season, i was worried about whether we could match last seasons performance. I felt like we had a chance at avoiding auto relegation as there were still a team or two who lacked quality. Things started ominously, as we lost our first 3 games. 

Of course, the biggest news early season was on the transfer front. Coming into the season, YP02a Toni Culina was suddenly attracting attention from seriously top clubs - Chelsea, Arsenal, Athletico, Inter and the likes. I was a bit shocked, as whilst he had improved, and was rated as great potential by the Ass Man, he was nothing amazing and didnt get anything like "once in a generation" or anything in this intake report and wasnt described as a "wonderkid". The bids started coming in and i set to reject them all, set this asking price to £7.5m and just had to wait and see how high clubs would go before my chairman stepped in. In the end, we accepted 3 bids. One each from Arsenal and Chelsea which were only £1.5m up front but with clauses would go up to £6.2m and a 40% profit sell on. The third bid was only from Barcelona! £6m, all upfront no clauses. I was quite pleased when he chose to sign for Barca, as our finances are now sorted for a few years. 

Worst though, was the growing interest in YP00a Jurica Cubrillo. Interest in him was more bottom end EPL and similar continental sides, but i had only one other youth keeper at the club, so losing him could be a disaster. Again i set his value to £5m and rejected everything. Eventually though, the board cracked and accepted £825k rising to up to £1.9m with clauses. A nice windfall for sure, but now i have only one keeper to make it through until youth intake in Feb :(  Fortunately, my youth keeper survived to feb, meaning no need to play an outfielder in goal. Ironically, about a month after the intake (which provided 1 keeper), he picked up 2 injuries and missed 8 of the last 9 weeks of the season! 

As the season wore on, we settled into a pattern of being well clear of the bottom 2, but not consistent enough to move up much. A nice run of 1 loss in 8 leading up to the winter break had us pretty much safe, although we contender with many more injuries this season that before. Luckily, we have a fair squad size, if some of it lacks quality (standard for this challenge!) A mini slump of 4 draws and a loss in 5 games across March and April set us back just as we looked like we might charge towards the teams above, but then 5 wins in the next 7 propelled us up to a position where if won our last game of the season away to Dinamo, we could finish 5th (needing another result to go in our favour). For reasons which will become clear, i rested my entire best 11 for that last league game, and we lost 7 v 2! Still 6th place again is brilliant to be honest. 

Croatian Cup

I usually laugh at cups in this challenge, but after observing that last year we beat every team in the league at least once, it prompted me to think that maybe i could have a flier here, and focus heavily on the cup. Its a small competition. With only 5 rounds. with the right luck, we could make a deep run i felt. I decided that as long as i was not in relegation trouble, i would prioritise the cup games (resting players in the league if need be). 

We started off ok, dispatching a non league side with ease in round 1. Round 2 almost ruined my plan, when we required penalties to get past Slaven Belupo who were bottom of the top division. 

The quarters saw us drawn at home to Hadjuk Split, a historically big name but one we generally had no problems beating in the league. We raced to a 3 nil lead within an hour, but were pegged back to 3 v 1 then a last min pen for them made it a little nervy but we prevailed 3 v 2. 

The Semis gave us the worst possible side - Reigning champions and league leaders Rijeka. Annoyingly the other 2 teams left  were both much easier. The Semi, for some reason, is over 2 legs. For the first leg, i rested a lot of players the league game before to give absolute focus to this. At home, we produced the performance of our lifes. We were 2 nil up by the 16th min, and although pegged back before HT to 2 v 1, another 2 goals had us 4 v 1 up with 10mins to go. Another away goal for Rijeka set us back, but then we slammed in an unbelievable 5th goal in the 88th min. 5 v 2 ahead going into the away like was massively above what i expected.  Second leg, we needed to avoid a 3 nil defeat. In true style, we managed a 3 v 1 defeat! Although really, we scored in 14mins to give ourselfs a cushion and although they were 3 v 1 up by 68mins they then had 2 men sent off and we held on to take our place in the cup final! 

The cup final. A chance to get a trophy, and more importantly a crack at Europe. We were missing out top striker Ivanovic (YP01a) through injury, and my very good looking prospect Juric (YP03b) who has developed great, was away on INT duty with Croatia under 20s (for nearly 4 weeks!!). Our main keeper was also just back from 8 weeks out, and we had Miletic (YP03a) also not available through injury, so a bit of a patched up side, but we were against Lokomotiva Zagreb, who finished below us in the league. 

I seriously considered puting on my suit for this one, but i am not quite that sad. Our biggest game ever saw us start very nicely. 14mins in Paulo Colic, an unheralded but solid 27yr old midfielder who has played 139 times in 5 seasons for me, smashed in following a corner. 10min later, Colic slotted a lovely ball through to Juraj Maretic, now our everyday RM since Culina moved to Barca, and when Maretic smashed it home, we looked in dreamland. We were on top and hit the bar but they started to come back into it in the second half. On 60mins, a nice cutback and finish and it was 2 v 1. Nervy times. I made a couple of subs and went defensive. With just 7mins remaining, disaster. A corner, header, goal. Back to level. Our good work undone. I went back to our standard setup, kept back the 3rd sub incase of ET. In the 92min of 92,  they swing in a FK from wide left. Attacker gets up to head it at the near post. It is heading right at the far post, possibly in off, possibly off and out. But they have another attacker there, litterally on the line who touches it in. I nearly cry. The flag goes up! He was off! Huge relief. If he had not touched it, it might still have gone in!

So i prepare for extra time. Except there is none. The final of the competition goes right to pens (even though the earlier round didnt!). Erm, good management there by me, left a sub on the bench! So pens to decide our fate. 

Both first pens are scored, both second are missed. We score out third, but our keeper saves their third!! We score our fourth, and needing to score to stay alive Babok (the same guy who touched the 92min goal) smashes high and over the bar!!! We are cup winners!!!

Amazing :) First trophy in this challenge for me ever. 

Cup fixtures

Modric is happy (Had not noticed he was a former player) 

Top Performers

The 2 non youths again who are worth a mention. 

Vlatko Blazevic - Another excellent season spent alternating between ML and ST, with more time upfront as we had a few injuries. Continues to be a reliable goalscorer and creator. 

Juraj Maretic - Played mostly as MR after the big sale of Culina, but also filled in up top at times and was a huge source of assists and general quality. Another key man for us adding experience the the youth. 

Tagged Youths Update

YP00a - Jurica Cubrillo (LOST TO WEST HAM SEASON 4) - Sold to West Ham, where he has not yet made an appearance

YP00b - Dragan Matic (LOST TO HADJUK SEASON 1) - Now plying his trade in non league football, after being relased by Hadjuk very soon after they bought him from us. 

YP01a - Vlatko Ivanovic - Our first choice front man and a good return of 17 goals. Late season injury cost him a few games and the cup final :( Remains first choice, although he has competition. 

YP01b - Milo Culina - Now a regular started at DC, and although he is nothing to shout about, does the basics well and likely to still be our main DC for now. 

YP01c - Ante Culic - Barely got a look with us having many and better MCs. I should have loaned him out, and probably will next year as a final shot before possibly he gets released. 

YP02a - Toni Culina (LOST TO BARCELONA SEASON 4)  - After Barca signed him, they loaned him to Getafe where he was a regular sub (15 times) and started 5 games. 

YP02b - Jozo Juric - A second season in the U19s with just 1 first team appearance. I need to sort out my MC depth chart and figure out what to do with a few prospects there. 

YP03a - Ivan Miletic - Got a lot of game time in the midfield, but actually did not develop as well as i had hoped. Will look at his training and personality as Ass Man still thinks he has great potential 

YP03b - Vjekoslav Juric - A real fast developer and started to get some good game time up front, and scored 6 goals. Will be 3rd choice and rotate in more next year. 

YP03c - Erwin Matic - Fleeting appearances in the top team and a full season in the U19s, but he actually developed better than YP03a it looks. Another one to factor into the CM logjam 

Youth Intake 

Intake - Quite pleased with this. Not sure the AMC is ideal, since we dont use one and have a glut of CMs, but will see what he becomes. Also got options on both wings, which we needed after losing Culina and importantly, a decent keeper since we have only 1 on the books. Would have liked 2 more keepers but was not to be! 

YP04a - Vlado Perkovic - High Determination and some other good stats thrown around. Lacking in Technical ability so far, but hopefully we can develop that and gives us a creative option in the middle. 

YP04b - Ivan Varvodic - A left wing prospect is nice to have, although very low determination. Good personality type overall bodes well though. Let see if he can become half as good as Culina was on the other side! Got a debut in the last game of the season, and scored to become our youngest ever goalscorer 

Other / off the field

Well, some changes finally as our finances sky rocket after the player sales. We are now secure for years to come. We were able to use this to secure upgrades to both youth and training facilities, which kick in early next season. With Youth Coaching having gone up last year, not had the option to ask again yet. Likewise no option to ask about YRN (even though our rep must have increased quite a bit the last 2 years - hopefully the cup win will open up this window)

Tracking

U4JH0M7.png

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C.

Season 7 – 2023/2024

Squad // League Table First Phase (1st) // League Table Promotion Stage (3rd) // Transfers

Big progress and a sensational intake - but maybe a crucial mistake?

By far our best season, yet. We were great in the first phase and qualified for the promotion stage for the second time. But this time we were competitive and with a little bit luck in some situations, we even could have made promotion. But still a great achievement, because we played against far superior opposition. Teams like Benfica B had wonderkids in the line-up, players worth millions.

Marius Toader (YP01g) was our best goalscorer again, but he dropped a little bit compared to the previous seasons. He had several dry spells. With João Chinita (YP02b) we had only one more real goalscoring threat. Our attacking mids were not as good as in the previous year, but there were some injury problems too. But since the overall team performance was great and we were really solid in defense, i dont't want to complain too much.

BUT: since we had such a solid financial situation for a few years, i asked again and again for improvements and every time the board improved the junior coaching. This is execeptional now. Very good for a youth challenge save on one side, but one the other side: That costs a lot of money. We spend nearly one million euro on our youth setup. Money we don't have. So after a few years around 500k, we're in the red now and that could cause a big problem. In the last years our board didn't interfere in transfers. Now they accepted a low offer for one of our youngsters. I protested – successful, But that was at a time, we had still a little bit money left. I fear the board will sell players now, because of our financial situation. They already cut my wage budget from 850k to 316k. Not a big problem since i spend 284k only, but maybe a sign of things to come...

Some other thing which needs to be mentioned? What in HELL happened to our captain??? i got this message and thought: Okay, his determination got up a little bit, but WTF: it shot up from 8 to 17! I don't think i ever had that a big jump before. We've our second tutor, now. Both tutors are central defenders, so we can only push our young defenders, but since we have and get a lot of them, it's helpful. And bringing up squad determination this way, could help others player too. Has helped already, because in the first years i had a lot of messages, that some players dropped in determination, that has stopped since 2 or 3 years...

The Youth Intake: What a sensational intake. That's the positive side of the upgrades in the youth training. The best new player is according to my assistant immediately the best player in the club (i have a different opinion) and again we demonstrate that we are a school for defenders. But since a few years we're producing strikers too – even weird ones...

- Paulo Folha (YP 07a): Best youth players ever, according to the star rating from my assistant even the best player in the team, but WTF: A striker with great finishing who doesn't want to score??? Hope we can remove that trait soon...

- Hugo Fernando (YP 07b): same procedure as every year: a new central defender with 5 stars potential. But since we've a great duo and a lot of backups in this position he'll stay in the youth team for now.

- Daniel Pereira (YP 07c): A talented winger. I use inside forwards at the moment, so i'll try to retrain him as an attacking left mid

- Carioca (YP 07d): next good back-up option for right back. A left back would've been better. Unfortunately low dribbling and determination.

- Ricardo Carapinha (YP 07e): attacking mid with a lot of pace. Had immediately great games in the U19, so i gave him a run in the first team and he impressed: 5 apps, 3 goals, 3 assists, 2 times man of the match. Has a good chance to be a starter next season...

- Fernando Carapinha (YP 07f): not his brother and the next defender. Yes, he could play as left back, but he has more the stats and height of a central defender.

What can we achieve next season? Can we challenge for promotion? I'll certainly try. It will be hard to repeat this year and everything could go south if we lose players. And ouf course. Teams like Benfica B and Sporting B will be angry after there disapointing seasons and they will be determined to get promotion this year. Sporting B sacked portugese legend Raúl Meireles as manager, so let's see what their new guy in charge can do.

From this update on i'll have a table with my seasons results at the end. At the moment i am working on another table where i want to present an overview for all youth players who are playing a crucial role in the first team, so we can easily track them from their intake through every season. But don't know if i have that ready for the next update, because i am not satisfied with the presentation, yet.

Through The Seasons
Season Division Position Cup Europe Squad
2017/2018 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 4th R 3rd Rnd - Squad
2018/2019 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 8th P 2nd Rnd - Squad
2019/2020 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 5th / 2nd R 2nd Rnd - Squad
2020/2021 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 9th / 3rd R 2nd Rnd - Squad
2021/2022 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 2nd R 3rd Rnd - Squad
2022/2023 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 3rd / 1st R 3rd Rnd - Squad
2023/2024 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 3rd P 2nd Rnd - Squad
Edited by Kazushi80

@Jambo98wow. sensational. congrats to the cup win (even without a suit). With that money from the player sales invested in your facilities i am looking forward to see what youngsters you're producing in the next years, how the other ones are improving and how long it'll take you challening for the league title...

FM17 YOUTH ACADEMY CHALLENGE

BRORA RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB

Brora.jpg

SEASON 1 | 2017/2018

I've now managed to upload some images, so I've edited this post.

LADBROKES LEAGUE 2 | FINAL LEAGUE TABLE | FIXTURES 1 | FIXTURES 2

SCOTTISH CUP | CHALLENGE CUP | BETFRED CUP

FACILITIES | FINANCES

It was a tough first season, but with a limited squad we managed to comfortably avoid relegation, finishing 9th. There was no real progress in with the Challenge Cup or the BetFred Cup, with first round exits in both. Right back Stephen Miller got most of the plaudits during the season, with some predicting him to become a good Championship defender.

The youth intake looks promising, with Aaron Macrae the star of the new players. Goalkeeper Ian Campbell and midfielder Sam Stewart both also showing promise.

The target for next season will be for a higher league position, and hopefully integrate some of the youth intake into the first team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEASON	LEAGUE			POSITION	SCOTTISH CUP	CHALLANGE CUP	BETFRED CUP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18	LADBROKES LEAGUE TWO	9TH		THIRD ROUND	FIRST ROUND	FIRST ROUND

Edited by Cookie147
Trouble uploading images

Hi everyone!

I crashed out horribly on the British Steel Challenge and after my first sacking in six versions, I needed to get back to basics on what has made me a successful manager for many years -- so I'm hopping in with an English Youth Academy Challenge, with a fairly low reputation team, as well! :)

I'll be covering my progress mainly on my blog, but I'll of course do the customary updates in the challenge thread here, starting with my first screenshot of my starting profile.  I'll be the newest manager at Sutton Coldfield Town!

Manager.png

I play very slowly, but I'll be back at the end of the season for the customary updates, and good luck to all other challengers this season!

Ankara_demirspor_Logo.jpg

Season 9 - Ankara Demirspor - Turkish Super League

Profile League Table - Results 1 -Results 2

Transfers

Season Overview

So our first season in the top league. I thought it was going to be a real struggle, but it never really turned out that way. For most of the season we always comfortable and never looked like going down. We even managed to get a famous victory with a 2-1 win over Fernerbache.

Off the field improvements are underway and we are no longer in a financial mess as we have made over £11m this season. Should help a lot in the future.

Star Players

Alican Bakirsini - Carried on to develop even though he was playing out of position. Won't sign a contract though so looks like his last season. Also won Turkish Young Player Of The Year.

Cemal Duran - Top scorer yet again. 22 goals in his first season in the top flight.

Firat Seven - Continues consistently even at the tope level. 7 goals from central midfield.

Murat Celik - Good steady season.

Orcun Kurt - The next big name. Great first season but could prove difficult to keep hold off.

Umit Baskoy - Another great season in central midfield. Improving all the time.

Youth Intake

Youth intake was a good one again and it produced us a 3 star centre back who has gone straight into the first team.

Next Season

Same again. Unfortunately Alican Bakirsini has gone on a free transfer as he wouldn't sign a contract. Devastating!!!! Hope he doesn't prove too much of a miss next season.

SEASONS PROGRESS

Season     League                Pos	  Top Scorer                             Av Rat	                              Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Turkish 3rd Tier      7th	  Serman Karamadm - ST    - 9 goals      Ozkan Serbest       - DC   - 7.25
2018/19	   Turkish 3rd Tier      6th      Bilal Isak      - MC    - 16 goals     Bilal Isak          - MC   - 7.33      
2019/20    Turkish 3rd Tier      15th     Eren Balkan     - AML   - 7 goals      Hasan Tuzcu         - DL   - 7.10
2020/21    Turkish 3rd Tier      1st      Cemal Duran     - ST    - 21 goals     Firet Seven         - AMC  - 7.40    Promoted As Champions!!
2021/22    Turkish 2nd Tier      13th     Cemal Duran     - ST    - 14 goals     Hasan Tuzcu         - DL   - 7.21
2022/23    Turkish 2nd Tier      6th      Yilmaz Coskun   - AM/ST - 15 goals     Zekeriya Balcioglu  - DC   - 7.15    Play-off Semi-Final
2023/24    Turkish 2nd Tier      11th     Cemal Duran     - ST    - 11 goals     Emirhan Cimen       - DC   - 7.05 
2024/25    Turkish 2nd Tier      6th      Cemal Duran     - ST    - 15 goals     Firat Seven         - MC   - 7.24    Play-off Winners!!!
2025/26    Turkish Super League  11th     Cemal Duran     - ST    - 22 goals     Alican Bakirsini    - ST   - 7.14       
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFF FIELD PROGRESS

Season     Finances  Stadium      Av Att    Capacity  Corporate Fac.  Training Fac.    Youth Fac.    Junior Coaching    Youth Recruitment
2017/18    £218k     TCDD Ankara  342       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Basic         Adequate           Basic
2018/19    £176k     TCDD Ankara  362       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Average            Basic
2019/20    £344k     TCDD Ankara  420       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Good               Basic
2020/21    £600k     TCDD Ankara  606       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Good               Basic
2021/22    £1m       Sincan Ilce  842       8,000     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Good               Fairly Basic
2022/23    £762k     TCDD Ankara  1,088     3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Excellent          Fairly Basic
2023/24    £90k      TCDD Ankara  1,374     3,975     Adequate        Basic            Below Ave.    Excellent          Fairly Basic
2024/25    -£380k    TCDD Ankara  1,705     3,975     Adequate        Basic            Below Ave.    Excellent          Fairly Basic
2025/26    £11.2m    TCDD Ankara  3,277     3,975     Adequate        Basic            Below Ave.    Exceptional        Average

I just realized the save I used to start used my normal added leagues and this challenge only allows you to load the nation you are managing in, so I'm going to have to restart.

-----

I re-did my save file, stayed in England -- my starting manager screenshot is exactly the same so not going to muck up the thread -- I am taking over at Stafford Rangers with a compliant, one-nation only save file. :)

I'll be back soon with the first season!

Edited by jaysdailydose

Ankara_demirspor_Logo.jpg

Season 10 - Ankara Demirspor - Turkish Super League

Profile League Table - Results 1 -Results 2

Transfers

Season Overview

The season started with us losing our best player Alican Bakirsini on a free transfer. A year on he is still on a free transfer despite interest from Barcelona and Real Madrid. Sticking with the transfer theme and our central midfielder Orkan Kurt was sold from under my nose for £5.5m (rising to £8.5m). I thought this had stopped as it's not like we need the money!!

In terms of the league we pretty much carried straight on from the season before with a couple of sticky patches. We finished a position lower than the season before, altough we managed a better points total. Not bad as that was mainy the target at the start of the season.

Star Players

Alaatin Yidiz - Came into the team when Kurt was sold and performed well.

Cemal Duran - Top scorer with 15 goals. Has now got a decent value and is attracting interest from Germany.

Firat Seven - Another solid season.

Halit Aksu - Continues to impress at complete wing back. Good average rating

Tolga Ozturk - Now our record appearance holder.

Umit Baskoy - My favourite player in the squad. Never lets me down.

Youth Intake

Youth intake is producing good 4 star players every year. Could do with another special one as recent ones have now moved on.

Next Season

As boring as it sounds, same again!! Training ground and youth facilities are currently being upgraded and we continue to bring money in.

Seasons Progress

Season     League                Pos	  Top Scorer                             Av Rat	                              Achievements
2017/18    Turkish 3rd Tier      7th	  Serman Karamadm - ST    - 9 goals      Ozkan Serbest       - DC   - 7.25
2018/19	   Turkish 3rd Tier      6th      Bilal Isak      - MC    - 16 goals     Bilal Isak          - MC   - 7.33      
2019/20    Turkish 3rd Tier      15th     Eren Balkan     - AML   - 7 goals      Hasan Tuzcu         - DL   - 7.10
2020/21    Turkish 3rd Tier      1st      Cemal Duran     - ST    - 21 goals     Firet Seven         - AMC  - 7.40    Promoted As Champions!!
2021/22    Turkish 2nd Tier      13th     Cemal Duran     - ST    - 14 goals     Hasan Tuzcu         - DL   - 7.21
2022/23    Turkish 2nd Tier      6th      Yilmaz Coskun   - AM/ST - 15 goals     Zekeriya Balcioglu  - DC   - 7.15    Play-off Semi-Final
2023/24    Turkish 2nd Tier      11th     Cemal Duran     - ST    - 11 goals     Emirhan Cimen       - DC   - 7.05 
2024/25    Turkish 2nd Tier      6th      Cemal Duran     - ST    - 15 goals     Firat Seven         - MC   - 7.24    Play-off Winners!!!
2025/26    Turkish Super League  11th     Cemal Duran     - ST    - 22 goals     Alican Bakirsini    - ST   - 7.14    
2026/27    Turkish Super League  12th     Cemal Duran     - ST    - 15 goals     Umit Baskoy         - MLC  - 7.17   

Off Field Progress

Season     Finances  Stadium      Av Att    Capacity  Corporate Fac.  Training Fac.    Youth Fac.    Junior Coaching    Youth Recruitment
2017/18    £218k     TCDD Ankara  342       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Basic         Adequate           Basic
2018/19    £176k     TCDD Ankara  362       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Average            Basic
2019/20    £344k     TCDD Ankara  420       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Good               Basic
2020/21    £600k     TCDD Ankara  606       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Good               Basic
2021/22    £1m       Sincan Ilce  842       8,000     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Good               Fairly Basic
2022/23    £762k     TCDD Ankara  1,088     3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Excellent          Fairly Basic
2023/24    £90k      TCDD Ankara  1,374     3,975     Adequate        Basic            Below Ave.    Excellent          Fairly Basic
2024/25    -£380k    TCDD Ankara  1,705     3,975     Adequate        Basic            Below Ave.    Excellent          Fairly Basic
2025/26    £11.2m    TCDD Ankara  3,277     3,975     Adequate        Basic            Below Ave.    Exceptional        Average
2026/27    £23m      TCDD Ankara  3,401     3,975     Adequate        Basic            Below Ave.    Exceptional        Average

My board in their infinite wisdom has now sold Robert Fabre for £350k that can rise for disappointingly low £1.1 million. 

Has any one else had issues with not being able to protest transfers when you have multiple offers come in one the same day? I keep losing players thanks to this!

@Pippadoc Yes, i had that problem once in another save...

(and now that you remembered me of that, i pray that it will not happen on this challenge since i am at the moment in the middle of the transfer window and i get every day multiple offers for my players... The board keeps his feet still, yet..)

Greek Youth Adventure - Season 15

htMf2.png

Welcome to what proved to be our best season so far in the challenge. We are really establishing ourselves as a top club at national level and beginning to show promising signs at European level.

We won the League (though Olympiakos put on a nice fight till the last day) and managed for the first time to retain our title. We also did won the Cup and did the double for the first time in the career. Especially pleased with this achievement as for most of the games we used rotation players to rest our main ones for Champions League games and League campaign. 

Speaking of which, we ended in a Champions League group with Man Utd, Sevilla and Sparta Prague. The game against Manchester United saw us establish the new record for highest attendance with over 22.000 people watching the game. We managed due to goal difference to sneak pass Sevilla and for the first time in our history qualified for the Knockout Phases of the Competition. We were drawn against giants PSG which we managed to draw 2-2 at home but got destroyed in the second game, and thus our adventure ended. Not to upset about it anyway, as PSG went on to win the Champions League.

Transfer activity say us lose another 2 very good players, which were sold either due to contract release clauses or chairman deciding the offer was to good to refuse. Annoyed by this. If you're wondering why do I still have release clauses, is cause some players won't sign new contracts otherwise. Anyway, notices a change in these clauses, as years ago they were simple Release, then changed to Release (Foreign clubs only) and now they are Release (European Champions League Clubs). Thinking that as we advance in reputation and stages in European cups this clauses won't be an issue anymore. Players have already started to reject deals our chairman agreed, feeling good of having a guy turn down Barcelona.

Our Youth Facilities degraded a level due to technical advancements, but the board quickly agreed to another upgrade to them to reach the previous level. We also have a 2.3 m construction of under-soil heating in the stadium now. Dunno if that was really needed as to my knowledge average temperature never falls bellow 10C in Crete, but what the heck, we have the money. Our Finances looking strong at the moment and I signed a new 4-year contract (at only 235k/year I am seriously underpaid). 

Season Awards go to: D Kourothianakis 24a for top goalscorer,  V Michelinakis 26a for highest average rating, P Mamatzakis 30a for most assists. We really need another striker to compete upfront, as our goalscorer is not longer top-notch. Unfortunately we got a pretty weak Youth Intake this season, as the class of 32 doesn't really look like going places. 

So it turns out that I am idiot :rolleyes:

Firstly, we ended up spending £600k plus on facilities which took us close to zero. This turned into debt very quickly and at this point Linfield were making offers for our players. 4 bids were accepted by the chairman (all under £10k per player) and we lost the core of our team. I then realized that I'd never heard anything more about the new stadium that was meant to be built, with the plans being TBC 4-5 seasons ago. I went to the board requests to see the ''request a new stadium'' option there. The board rejected, I leaked to the press and I was sacked. :seagull:

Ha, my challenge is over again. Whats the point of a youth only when your board just sells every half-decent prospect.

And why does every youth player want to leave when he is suited to the level your playing? Un-freaking-believable!

@Muttley84 Congrats. Amazing season. you're doing really great.

@smp20 sorry to hear. will you give the challenge another go?

@JWVG yeah, it can be frustrating. I managed (SPOILER for the next update ;) ) to hold to all my players, but a lot of them are unhappy now, team morale is dropping and it could be that we miss promotion again because of that after a great first half of the season...

@the_

9 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

@smp20 I guess trying to convince your board to build a stadium with no money didn't turn out as well as you hoped :p

In my experience, leaking to press never worked and there was just too much risk

No it really wasn't, but it had been promised previously and there was never any news about it falling through or anything. This frustration combined with the frustration of Linfield nicking my best players led to not very wise decisions on my part.

On 11/9/2016 at 13:42, brettney1980 said:

So i fancied jumping into a Youth Challenge this year as.....

FC%20Sak_zpsvci1by3e.png

FC Sakhalin Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk

..and for those of you wondering where Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk is on a map...

46700919-Russia-map_zpscvfvvsyj.jpg

Right over there near Japan!

With that out the way, here's me. The club's background and the Squad!

First thoughts: The Squad is old, lets try and survive.

So i started this an age ago. I have still been playing but have not found the time to post any updates, spending my little free time plodding on rather than updating. I'll try and get some updates done over the next few days while i have a little more free time, since i am 4 seasons in...

FC%20Sak_zpsvci1by3e.png

FC Sakhalin Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk

Squad|League Table|Facilities|Finances |Transfers|Youth Candidates

Key Players;

Mikhail Gorelishvili - Top Scorer from the Left of Attack.

Rasim Tagirbekov - Solid at CB, at 34 he may only have another season at this level though.

Alexandr Pantsyrev - Started every League match. Best player on the pitch most of them.

Dmitry Sychev Retires.

Youth Candidates;

Azamat Gorbachev  YP01a - GK - Initial Profile

Ruslan Sokolov YP01b - CM -  Initial Profile

Alexandr Grigorenko YP01c - CM - Initial Profile

Kirill Gritsenko YP01d - CM - Initial Profile

Youth Facility Upgrade incoming!

Season     League              Pos    Russian Cup      Europe       Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Russian 1st Div.     5th       5th rd           N/A       1 Pt off Playoffs

Edited by brettney1980
Links a bit messed up.

FC%20Sak_zpsvci1by3e.png

FC Sakhalin Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk - Season 2;

We lost Key Players Pantsyrev for £150k after the board sold him and Tagirbekov over my head, we got just £25k for Tagirbekov. This made us light in CM to the point that Youth tagged CM players Solokov and Gritsenko managed 37 apps between them in their first full season at the club. February saw us lose a Youth Tagged player, GK Azamat Gorbachev YP01a after only 2 apps for the club, we got £250k for him which is a fair amount really. Evgeny Matrakhov made his 100th appearance for the club.

We improved by one place over last season which saw us enter the playoffs and face a club from the Russian Premier, we lost 2-0 over 2 legs.

I came third in the Manager of the Year awards.

Key Players;

Mikhail Gorelishvili - Top Scorer again from the left of Attack.

Maxim Molokoedov - In First Division team of the year!
Artem Moskvin - Played in every League game.

Youth Candidates;

Igor Shevchenko YP02a - LW - Initial Profile

Renat Lazarev YP02b - CF - Initial Profile

Nikolay Smirnov YP02c - AMC - Initial Profile

Season 1

Season 1

Alexandr Grigorenko YP01c - CB - Initial Profile

Season 1

Season 1

Season     League              Pos	Russian Cup      Europe       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
2017/18   Russian 1st Div.     5th       5th rd           N/A       1 Pt off Playoffs
2018/19   Russian 1st Div.     4th       4th rd           N/A       Lost to Khimki in Playoffs

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C.

Season 8 – 2024/2025

Squad // League Table First Phase (1st) // League Table Promotion Stage (2nd) // Transfers

Close promotion race with a lot of late goals

Okay, this season review is a little bit different since we finally made it in the 2nd division in a close and several times nerve-wracking-race and i want to re-tell some crucial moments.

It all started really, really good. We were flying through the first phase till January, but then came the transfer window for the higher divisions (in the 3rd tier there's one big transfer window which lasts until the end of march). In January i got several offers every day for my players. I don't think it took me ever in my whole FM playing time so long to go through one month. The game stopped because of new offers on several occasions a few times on one day. I made the mistake a few seasons back to sell some players and I think that's the main reason we were still in the 3rd division, so I declined every offer. And I don't know why (because of our debt), but our board didn't go over our head this time. So I kept all players, but several of them were really unhappy...

First we managed to keep winning the games, but I noticed that we had more problems especially upfront. We squandered a lot of chances. But the problems really began in march. Already in the Promotion Stage we had a tight race with 2 professional teams (Benfica CD & Torreense) for the 2 spots which are giving you a chance for promotion. Several of our players handed in february and the beginning of march a “formal transfer request” and then this happened:

qtXKOEJ.png

5 games without a win in a row, that's one bad streak who can ruin everything in a stage with only 14 games. And as you notice even worse: 2 losses against our two rivals. After half time in the promotion stage we even dropped down to 4th after that streak. I was frustrated and annoyed and thought everything is going to ****. Without promotion we would lose players in the summer and rebuild the team again. But the next two games turned the season around:

cnQx2B2.png

In both games we were the better team, but not good enough. We missed so many good chances. But in both games we scored the winning goal in overtime and think that gave the whole team a moral boost (it certainly gave me one). 2 more confident wins and a really unlucky draw (after that I was down a little again) we were going in the final 2 games of the season – against Torreense and Benfica CD. We were 3rd, Torreense 2 points ahead of us in 2nd, Benfica CD 4 points ahead of us in 1st. With 2 wins we would at least finished 2nd, which would be good enough to qualify for the playoffs.

First against Torreense and what a game that was: Our striker Paulo Folha (YP07a) (more about him later) scored in the first minute, but Torreense came immediately back. 1:1 after 4 minutes. Before half time they made the 1:2. Again Paulo Folha (YP07a) scored after 57 minutes the equalizer and what happened after that? Maybe you can guess it: a goal in overtime. Paulo Folha (YP07a) again and I was going crazy (my girlfriend surely does think I am crazy now) after that 3:2 win.

So before the last game of the season we were 2nd. One point ahead of Torreense and only one point behind Benfica CD, who lost – very surprisingly – their game. So with a win we could even go 1st and secure promotion without playoffs. After two minutes Benfica CD scored a goal, we were the better team, in the 42nd minute our left inside forward Hélder Gonçalves (YP06d) scored the equalizer. After that not much happened (we throw everything forward in the end, but without luck) and the nerve-wracking time began again. Because for some odd reason, Torreense didn't play at the exact same time. Instead they played directly after us at the same day. At this point I was sure, I would miss promotion again, but they only managed to get a goalless draw: We were in the play-offs.

There we met União da Madeira, a team which was promoted last year and only managed to get 17th in the Ledman LigaPro. But they had a good run of form since they won 3 of their last 4 games and in the past we never won against them. At away we put up a good fight, lost 1:2, but I was satisfied with the away goal. And I still don't understand what happened at the home game. That was our best game ever. We smashed them 5:0. PROMOTION!!!

fy61VXA.png

Since this post is so long already, I only want to highlight one player: Paulo Folha (YP07a). I was sceptical last year, as I got him from the intake. Of course he has great stats, but for a striker his trait, that he rather looks for the pass than attempting to score seemed to be a problem for our system. I tried to get rid of that trait – without success. But I wasn't a problem at all. Just the opposite. He scored a lot of goals and he gave a lot of assists, too. I never saw a highlight where he passed the ball and I thought he better should have tried to score... The only “problem” with him is: he could have easily scored 10 more goals. He misses a lot of chances.

The Youth Intake: Not a bad intake, but not that great either compared to the last ones and the two best players are helpful but unfortunately are playing in the same position

- Duarte Galveias (YP 08a): has not only potential, but some good stats already. Has a good chance to become a future starting attacking mid or winger

- Manuel Torcato (YP 08b): another player for the attack. Since I think he will stay in the youth team for at least 2 seasons, I try to retrain him as an attacking left mid, so he can become a good squad player who can fill in where he's needed the most..

- Rui Lobato (YP 08c): Of course, a central defender. Because of the high number of good prospects in this position it will be difficult for him to establish himself as a first team player.

Next season will be all about staying clear of relegation. 20 teams, we need to be better than at least 4 of them. I am confident. In the last cup games against teams from the 2nd division, we were competitive. But I don't know yet, if we will turn professional (but I think so, because every team in the Ledman LigaPro is professional) and if we can keep all of our players. And the financial situation is another. Because of our exceptional youth coaching we are 700k in the red. I hope season end prize money and sponsor money will take care of that (in the last years we got without promotion around that sum during the summer break). On the player front we've good material on most position, only in goal it would be good to get someone really good soon...

Through The Seasons
Season Division Position Cup Europe Squad
2017/2018 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 4th R 3rd Rnd - Squad
2018/2019 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 8th P 2nd Rnd - Squad
2019/2020 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 5th / 2nd R 2nd Rnd - Squad
2020/2021 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 9th / 3rd R 2nd Rnd - Squad
2021/2022 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 2nd R 3rd Rnd - Squad
2022/2023 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 3rd / 1st R 3rd Rnd - Squad
2023/2024 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 3rd P 2nd Rnd - Squad
2024/2025 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 2nd P 2nd Rnd   Squad

I am sill working on another table for youth players progress, but i am still not satisfied with the presentation, yet.

Edited by Kazushi80
corrected false link

Selkirkfc.png

SELKIRK FC - SEASON TEN - 2026/27

Scottish Cup - Betfred Cup - Challenge Cup

League Table:

A very bad season, we don't seem to be improving, another Play Off win keeps us up, a 7th place finish would be nice!

Squad:

More young players coming into the squad, they are improving.

Transfers:

One sale, good price plus it has add ons.

Finances:

A loss, where is our cup run?

Youth Intake:

A couple of good prospects

Best XI

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		SPFL2		10th		
2018/19		SPFL2		9th		
2019/20		SPFL2		8th 
2020/21		SPFL2		10th
2021/22		SPFL2		9th		
2022/23		SPFL2		9th
2023/24		SPFL2		9th		
2024/25		SPFL2		9th		
2025/26		SPFL2		10th		
2026/27		SPFL2		10th		

Holy smokes do I have a lot of catching up to do!!!

With not being able to play over the holiday period and then being sicker than a dog afterwards I didn't open up FM for 2+ weeks.  That changed a couple of days ago and now halfway through my 'comeback' season with Port Talbot! :)

Hoping to read through all of the posts and then make my end of season post here within a couple of days.....

Grenoble Foot 38 - Youth Intake 2023

iI6niSh.png

Another great youth intake, with more quality defenders to add to the squad. I would have liked to see a great striker prospect to develop, but if we can keep getting solid intakes we'll be able to stay in Ligue 2 at least. We still feel a long way off of challenging for promotion. 

Lyes Yessad (DC) - Another great central defender prospect, joins a long list of solid candidates in the squad. I even chose to sell one of our promising options in the summer as we just have to many to give enough game time to develop fully. We'll see how Yessad does over the next couple of years and hopefully getting him involved in the first team or loaned out to a fellow Ligue 2 side. 

Prince Matondo (DL) - Matondo looks like he could develop into a great attacking WB for us, he's got a solid base across all of his attributes. I'm excited to see whether I can develop him into a star player for us. 

Adama Diouf (AMC) - Diouf doesn't fit into our formation at the moment, but with us losing striker prospects and Belvito set to retire at the end of the season there is opportunities to change formations if a player can force himself onto the field. I will look to continue his development as a Shadow Striker for the time being. 

Kodjo Abass (MC) - Abass will be developed as a general central midfielder for now. Our original midfielders are heading towards retirement age now, so we will need some quality back-ups in the next couple of years. Hopefully, Abass can be one of them and push for a starting role. 

Karamoko Kean (GK) - After not producing any GK prospects over my first few seasons, we've now produced a fantastic prospect in each of the last 4 intakes. With Maubleu looking like he will be a great option for the next few years, we can now consider selling one or two of them if we receive some great bids. 

William Kouvinga (DC) - Probably the better of the two DC prospects I've tagged. His mental attributes are easily the best I've seen for a new prospect. He needs to work on his tackling and his physical attributes, but I'm hopefully he could compete for a starting role in the future. 

I'm back with my tail between my legs...though I'm planning to start something huge. This is my favourite challenge / way of playing fm and I want to set myself the challenge of completing this in every single country! This may take me a year or even longer, but I am determined to give it a go. No update at the moment as I'm at work, but I've started in Austria.

2 hours ago, smp20 said:

I'm back with my tail between my legs...though I'm planning to start something huge. This is my favourite challenge / way of playing fm and I want to set myself the challenge of completing this in every single country! This may take me a year or even longer, but I am determined to give it a go. No update at the moment as I'm at work, but I've started in Austria.

The biggest problem that you will have after a couple of seasons, is getting new teams getting promoted for the very first time to a playable league. But it will be a huge challenge nevertheless.

FC%20Sak_zpsvci1by3e.png

FC Sakhalin Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk - Season 3; 2019/20

Improvment again on our league finish and we made it into the top two and automatic promotion. It looks a huge step up in class between the First Division and Premier so it could be a long tough season next year.

Unfortunately our little ground isn't going to meet Premier league standards so we will be moving off the island... To Here! Avanguard.

Russian Clubs by Reputation

Anton Arkhipov Retires.

Andrey Bochkov Retires.

Dmitry Grachev Retires.

Maxim Molokoedov Retires.

Key Players;

Artem Moskvin

Youth Candidates;

Anatoly Popov YP03c - AMC - Initial Profile

Oleg Kovalev YP03b - CM - Initial Profile

Anatoly Yerastov YP03c - GK - Initial Profile

Yury Lukjanov YP03d - GK - Initial Profile

Vyacheslav Dmitriev YP03e - CB - Initial Profile

Vladimir Mukhametdinov YP03f - CM/AMC/CF - Initial Profile

Season 1

Season 1

Season 1

Season 1

Season 1

Season 2

Season 1

Season 2

Season 1

Season 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
2018/19   Russian 1st Div.     4th       4th rd           N/A       Lost to Khimki in Playoffs
2019/20   Russian 1st Div.     2nd       6th rd           N/A       Promoted!

4 hours ago, Bartrcm said:

The biggest problem that you will have after a couple of seasons, is getting new teams getting promoted for the very first time to a playable league. But it will be a huge challenge nevertheless.

I don't think he wants to do it all in one save ;)

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C.

Season 9 – 2025/2026

Squad // League Table (8th) // Transfers

players leaving = performance improving

Our first season as a professional club, but that started with a few problems. Several of our talented players wanted only to sign professional contracts with a really low release clause. And since we got even higher offers for them every day, all their contracts were running at least 2 years and I knew if I would give them a new contract, they would leave me a few days later, we let them on their old part-time-contracts.

Every match other managers were in the crowd to see my players... and then came the winter.... In the January transfer window the refusing offers time was over -thanks to my board. It started with Paulo Folha (YP07a), who was with 9 goals in 17 matches my best striker again. My board decided to sell him for 275k. So after 29 goals in 58 games, the player who I hoped would be a long term star, left the club (and sits on the bench of a league rival now).

Okay, every downside has an upside I thought. First I hoped the selling would stop, after the board was kind enough to hear my protests regarding an 500k offer from greek club PAOK for Ricardo Esteves (YP 06b). And with André Fidalgo (YP 06f) we had a good young replacement striker for Folha in our team: He made 3 goals in the first 2 games as our new leading striker. He didn't make any more, my board thought I would be wise to sell him for ridiciously low 105k and they didn't even let my protest this time. So good, old club record striker Marius Toader (YP01g) made this comeback after I already loaned him out and told him, that his contract will not be renewed.

During the January transfer window we lost our Assistant Manager, too. We had him since the start of the save, but after 9 years learning from me, he wanted to take charge of a team himself. And on the last day we made a sale ourselves. PAOK came again with a bid for Ricardo Esteves (YP 06b). Since he had only 1,5 years left on his contract and wanted only to sign with a release clause for 60k (!!??) and I feared my board might sell him for a low sum anyway, I negotiated 1,5 million upfront and 50% of the fee from his next sale. So I hope that he'll become a very good player there and we get in 2 or 3 seasons even more money. And I hope that our board is stopping the sale of our players now...

After 4 paragraphes about leaving players, let's say a few words about the season itself: It was a lot better than I thought. In the first half we stayed always a little bit about the relegation zone, but not very comfortable. But after the January transfer window and all the players out, the rest kicked really on and played great football. So we lost good players, but played better after that. Very surprising. We had so a lot of good games between february and may and climbed the league. We even had the chance to finished in 5th place. Most of the time we were not so good in the first half of the game, but my guys are “comeback kids”. Won a few games after an early 0:2. As you maybe have seen in the squad overview above we don't have an really outstanding performing player. Everyone had bad games and good games and most of the time solid games. Most impressive was Duarte Galveias (YP08a) from last years youth intake. He broke into the first team after we sold Esteves and was really good on the right wing. A surprise was Vítor Sá (YP 03a) again. My assistant don't consider him good enough for this level (and he's not), but in my opinion my other goalkeepers are worse, so I played him. And he was solid. My fans voted him even player of the season.

The Youth Intake: good intake with some useful players. Since the registration rules in the Ledman LigaPro are not allowing us to use them after the intake for the first team, none of them had a chance to impress me yet in regular games.

- José Conchinha (YP 09a): the much needed striker, but his Finishing could be better (a lot better since we are used to have several players with 14 / 15 there)

- Rui Rego (YP 09b): a midfielder is helpful, too. We've good players in this position, but since we hadn't any good ones in the last intakes we're lacking a little bit long term depth. Will retrain him so that he can play defensive and central mid.

- Luis Fernando (YP 09c): A right back is very helpful, too. We've one really good one, but since he doesn't want to sign a professional contract with low release clause and the offers are keep rolling in, it could be that we need a new player for this position rather sooner than later.

- Quelode Cá (YP 09d): And of course: a new center back.

Next season will be not an easy one. It's important that we keep our squad together and that our board doesn't sell anymore players. And there are still 3 first team players without professional contracts. I hope they sign them soon without low release clauses or I need to sell them... But if I lose them all, it will be very difficult. And Vítor Sá (YP 03a) is solid, but I hope I get a real good goalkeeper talent sometime soon.

Through The Seasons
Season Division League Pos. Taça de Portugal Taça da Liga Europe Squad
2017/2018 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 4th R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2018/2019 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 8th P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2019/2020 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 5th / 2nd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2020/2021 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 9th / 3rd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2021/2022 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 2nd R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2022/2023 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 3rd / 1st R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2023/2024 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 3rd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2024/2025 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 2nd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2025/2026 Ledman LigaPro 8th 2nd Rnd 2nd Phase - Squad

I am sill working on another table for youth players progress, but i am still not satisfied with the presentation, yet.

46 minutes ago, Kazushi80 said:

I don't think he wants to do it all in one save ;)

4 hours ago, Bartrcm said:

I did consider that but I will be starting a new save with each one for this reason and also the first 10-15 years are always my favourite in game :)

Ilkeston F.C Season 10

Sky Bet League 2

65Nqm16.png                           

League Table| Squad|Transfers| Finances |Fixtures 1| Fixture 2

Season overview

During pre-season I had a couple of first team players refuse to re-sign contracts, one being the mercurial Peter Havern. Luckily for me, they didn't leave when they expired, so I waited, and eventually they relented and signed a new deal, which was a relief. Going into the season with our strongest squad yet was a cause for optimism, We began with mixed form, winning 4 and losing 4 and I wasn't sure which way it would go. Our forwards took the initiative and with the extra goals we were able to start controlling games. We won 7 from the next 10, with Simon Harris (YP24a) making a huge claim for first team football, scoring 8 goals in as many games. We sat in the automatic promotion places after this run and looked good. However a burst of injuries to key players, (in form Harris and Mr consistent Peter Havern) allowed poor form to creep in. We started to recover after a couple of wins against relegation strugglers, and with our first team back to full strength we managed to push on. The injury to Harris, had let Rhys Hill, an untagged player from a couple of years ago break into the first team and he was impressive. By winning 8 of the last 13 games we secured 5th place and another run at the play offs.

We drew 6th place Walsall and played them away from home first. A really uninspired 2-0 loss, looked to have severely dented our chances. We really struggled against there narrow 4-3-3. For the home leg, they lined up in 4-4-2 and I was hopeful. This game was the Simon Harris show, having missed 3 months of the season he had lost his way a bit, but he came good here and scored a hatrick. Unfortunately it came at a cost, he tore his Achilles and was ruled out for 5 months (he is injury prone). 

Through injuries and suspensions we had lost both first team full backs for the final, but we were against Fleetwood, who were beatable. We  started well and grabbed a goal in the 23 minute. It was tense but we were holding on OK. Midway through the second half I started to play more cautiously and amazingly in the 72 min we scored on the counter, Rhys Hill latching onto a long ball. Fleetwood hit back immediately to make the last 15 minutes very nervy. But we held on to win 2-1 and secure promotion to league 1. Promoted

10 Year Squad Summary

Goalkeeper

Clive Severn (YP26) Is now the first choice. Still has weaknesses but is developing well and puts in good performances.

Defenders

Dion Parkinson (YP25b) A really well rounded full back. Has topped the league for distance covered for last two years. Can be poor in the tackle and is weaker than Parmer on the right side but will be a first teamer for years to come

James Marsh (YP26a) His positions show that I have tried in him a few spots. His current role is 'the backup' and covers for either full back or the DM. Great tackler and will become a starter next year.

Rahul Parmer This guy has been here from the beginning. He wouldn't sign a contract for the first 2 years, but I am glad he did. He is closing in on 500 appearances for the club and has been voted fans player for the last 3 years. A great player and will still be first choice next year.

Brian James (YP23d) My best centre back by a long way and is right to worry about a lack of squad depth. He is quick and well rounded and I count count the games he has missed since he joined us on one hand.

Tom Franklin (YP22e) Has been in and out of the first team. I dislike how little he has developed and so gave others a chance. However he is consistent and wins a lot of headers. Have been looking for his replacement for years

James Magill (YP18a) The one player I still use regularly from my first intake. Not good enough on paper for this level, but he is very consistent and rarely lets me down. Seems content as a back up and I like having him around

Midfielders

Peter Havern (YP22a) We need him in our team, but I don't have to like him. Has been moaning complaining about leaving ever since he joined us. Is very well paid and now signed for another 3 years. Has been remarkably consistent (never below 7 for average rating over season) and one of the first names on the team sheet.

Dennis Doherty (YP23a) The second half of my midfield pairing. Is a little more creative than Havern and so always plays in that type of role. Scores a few goals and covers a lot of ground, one of my favourite players.

Russel Evans (YP25a) Had the most potential of his years intake and has now made the first team as a DM. His development has been underwhelming and if he doesn't show a bit more he could lose his place. He is could in the air which is a plus but has a poor work rate.

Derek Owen A player without a tag who joined in 2025. Has been developing well and was given some chances. This season he has broken into the first team and has looked good, a decent well rounded midfielder.

Ash Benfield Will now have to be content as a back up player. His potential has pretty much been reached and so others will get more chances now. 

Forwards

Simon Harris (YP24a) Was really showing his potential in the beginning of this year. However two long term injuries ruined his season. His report says "has a real problem with injuries" so he isn't a long term prospect. 

Rhys Hill Joined in 2024 and just stayed in the U18's for a couple of years. However with the injuries he got a chance and he has taken it. Has great physical stats and his mental stats are starting to catch up. Managed 18 goals this year

Nick Jordan (YP23b) The high hopes I had for this guy are a memory now. Contributed a lot over the last few years, however a long term injury this season saw him lose his place. His development has been a disappointment and I think I will favour other longer term options over him.

Youth Intake

A solid intake for us this year, with one really promising forward to be excited about.

Phil Marsh (YP27a) Has great acceleration, finishing and first touch, backed up by good mental stats. Will be thrown into first team immediately. His lack of ambition is a worry

Aaron Sleath (YP27b) Can play anywhere in the middle, but will be trained as a centre back. His poor positioning is a worry but if he can progress, I may give him a shot as we lack defenders

7098d34e4dac70d2c0fb1e5b7ab0f952.png

2027 Screenshot

Ash started 27 games this term and managed to chip in with 3 goals and 4 assists. His determination has now slipped to 13, which is a shame but still enough for the project to continue.

As stated above he is now the back up option as I expected and will hopefully be content in that role.

Club Overview

Things off the pitch are a little less exciting as they are on it. We did not upgrade anything this season and I still haven't had the option to increase our youth recruitment network. Due to a nagging paranoia that using an affiliates training facilities wasn't having the effect it should I have severed our ties, which drops us from "impressive training facilities" down to "below average". I may regret this but I want to see what happens when using our own for a season.

The other positive thing to report is a slowing down of the determination drop, coupled with an increase in reports of "our squads personality has had a positive effect on player X recently". This seems to improving players hidden ambition attribute which will definitely help.

Season summary

Promotion to league 1 is a great achievement for me and I just hope we can survive. I expect to be in League 1 for a good few years to come whilst the squad catches up the standard. 

Edited by Sanno11

FC%20Sak_zpsvci1by3e.png

FC Sakhalin Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk - Season 3;

2020/21

A very tough season saw us start our time in the Russian Premier Division with a 12 game winless streak. We still only won 2 matches beforethe winter break and two after. We finished in the relegation playoffs surviving automatic relegation on the final day of the season beating already relegated Baltika. We beat Orenburg in the playoffs, drawing 2-2 at Home, 1-0 Away. We escaped that (and the whole season really) by the skin of our teeth. Sakhalin Overall best XI

Vasilenko Retires.

Sergey Averjanov YP04a becomes youngest ever player.

Im starting to get in demand in Russia, CSKA Interview offer and FC Krasnodar.

Youth Candidates;

Sergey Averjanov YP04a - CM/DMC - Initial Profile

Sergey  Terekhin YP04b - CF - Initial Profile

Konstantin Kovalev YP04c - CB/RB - Initial Profile

Stanislav Zyryanov YP04d - CM - Initial Profile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anatoly Popov YP03c - AMC - Initial Profile

Season 1

Oleg Kovalev YP03b - CM - Initial Profile

Season 1

Anatoly Yerastov YP03c - GK - Initial Profile

Season 1

Yury Lukjanov YP03d - GK - Initial Profile

Season 1

Vyacheslav Dmitriev YP03e - CB - Initial Profile

Season 1

Vladimir Mukhametdinov YP03f - CM/AMC/CF - Initial Profile

Season 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season 1

Season 2

Sold to FC Krasnodar £500k (March 2021).

Season 1

Season 2

Season 1

Season 2

Season 1

Sold to FC Ufa £250k (February 2019).

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

2019/20   Russian 1st Div.     2nd       6th rd           N/A       Promoted!
2020/21   Russian Prem.        14th      5th rd           N/A       Won Relegation Playoff.

Edited by brettney1980
Missed a couple of links

@Dan BHTFC - Amazing commitment to this challenge, I hope you're rewarded soon with some big progress!

@Kazushi80 - Congratulations on staying up comfortably! I feel your pain with the board selling players, although £30k seems a ridiculously low amount

@Sanno11 - Great season, congratulations! Best of luck staying up next season.

@brettney1980 - Looks like your going well in Russia! How are your facilities and youth setup doing?

Image result for sv spakenburg

SV Spakenburg - 2029/30

Eredivisie | League Table (13th, sorry) | Dutch Cup | Transfers | Squad | Facilities | Finances (~5M, again don't know what I'm doing)| Best 11 

Remember the grind we had for the first 7 years in the Jupiler League? Well that's back. At the moment, I just can't compete with the players that the top 6 or so sides can bring in with transfers. I've reached the moment where my training facilities are maxed out, so it's not that our players don't reach their potential, it's that their potential isn't high enough. And with our Youth Recruitment linked to our reputation, which is linked to our getting into Europe, which is limited by our current ability of the player, which is maxed out with our facilities, which means our potential isn't high enough. As you an see, it's a vicious cycle. On the bright side, I seem to be exempt from everyone's problems with the board selling their players (knock wood). I've only had that once and I protested it successfully. Looking at our players, we had the usual performers playing well, and everyone else doing decent. Unfortunately, Johan Schouten (09b)'s deal is up next year, so I'm going to have to sell him now to try and get some money out of it. We do have our new RWB from the intake last year who can step up into his spot. Anyways, not much else to say as it's time for another grind until we either get a superstar in the intake, or a youth recruitment upgrade.

Class of 2030

Laurens Pluim (13a) - Nice personality, nice PPM, could be a great DLP for us.

Gerrit Taberima (13b) - Worse version of the one above, but still has potential.

Class of 2029

Gökhan Aydın (12a)

Richie van Koesveld (12b)

Arjan Heidekamp (12c)

Class of 2028

Dmytro Virt (11a)

Remco Vriends (11b)

Jordi du Chatinier (11c)

Class of 2027

Yassine Bennouna (10a)

Jasper van Voorthuizen (10b)

Class of 2026

Gerald Druppers (09a)

Johan Schouten (09b) 

Herman Frijn (09c)

Class of 2025

John Lammers (08a)

Onur Şerifoğlu (08b)

Class of 2024

Carlos Rijssel (07a)

Jos van Staa (07b)

Class of 2023

Erik van Hoof (06a)

Rob Bergkamp (06b)

Gijsbert Loukili (06c)

Toine Ruijmgaart (06d)

Class of 2022

Class of 2021

Erdem Yiğat (04b)

Remco van der Veen (04c)

Mike Kuijpers (04e)

Class of 2020

Dennis van der Wal (03b)

Sebastão Ntyamba (03d)

Class of 2019

Class of 2018

Jan van der Heijden (01e)

2nd Nationality Watch

Morocco x14

Turkey x12

Suriname x9

Aruba x3

Curaçao x3

Angola x2

Cape Verde x2

Greece x2

Indonesia x2

Ukraine x1

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Dutch Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer                  Most Assists                                      Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol/van der Meiracker (16)  Tol (7)                                           Tol (7.07) 
2018/19   Jupiler League    19th        4th Round      Basic                  Poor                 Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (17)                    van der Meiracker (7)                             van der Meiracker (6.97)   
2019/20   Jupiler League    18th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Adequate            Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (13)                    Oostinjen (10)                                    Custovic (7.09)  
2020/21   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (14)                    Tol (7)                                           van der Heijden (01e) (6.98)  
2021/22   Jupiler League    19th        3rd Round      Adequate               Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (9)   van Berlo (02a) (5)                               Veerman (7.06)  
2022/23   Jupiler League    16th        3rd Round      Average                Below Average        Good                Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (16)                    Oostinjen (8)                                     Oostinjen/van der Wal (03b) (6.91)  
2023/24   Jupiler League    16th        4th Round      Good                   Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (14)  Oostinjen/Taylan (03a) (6)                        van der Wal (03b) (7.06) 
2024/25   Jupiler League    7th         2nd Round      Impressive             Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (15)  Bergkamp (06b) (9)                                Kujipers (04e) (7.22)
2025/26   Jupiler League    11th        4th Round      Impressive             Adequate             Exceptional         Fairly Basic        N/A                    van Staa (07b) (24)         van Staa (07b)/van der Wal (03b) (7)              van Staa (07b) (7.13)
2026/27   Jupiler League    1st         4th Round      Excellent              Adequate             Exceptional         Fairly Basic        Promotion              Şerifoğlu (08b) (15)        Şerifoğlu (08b)/Lammers (08a)/Bergkamp (06b) (10) Ruijmgaart (06d) (7.38)
2027/28   Eredivisie        14th        2nd Round      Excellent              Below Average        Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    van Staa (07b) (12)         Lammers (08a)/van Staa (07b) (7)                  van Staa (07b) (6.99)
2028/29   Eredivisie        10th        Qtr Finals     Superb                 Below Average        Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    van Staa (07b) (24)         Lammers (08a) (12)                                van Staa (07b) (7.18)  
2029/30   Eredivisie        13th        4th Round      State of the Art       Below Average        Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    Şerifoğlu (08b) (22)        Lammers (08a) (11)                                van Staa (07b) (7.12) 

34 minutes ago, JWVG said:

@The_Gato_In_Goal Can't you upgrade your youth facilities? Not only recruitment is important for the youth potential, but also the facilities.

Didn't know the facilities we're factored into that. I just focused on my training facilities, since all my prospects get promoted directly to the first team, but I have the fund and am upgrading youth facilities. It's just a matter of time since you can only do 1 a year.

@Pippadoc Thanks. I don't know if it's portugal or FM17, but the transfer offers are a little bit screwed for me this year. For example for my best central defender i get at the moment daily offers - some are as low as 20k some are 350k (all the initial offer without negotiating). That's a big variety for one player. but the most frustrating thing for me is that like in the last years, my very talented players want to leave to a bigger club, the board accepts at some time the offer, after that they sit 2 years on the bench for their new club, get released and find a new job on semi-professional level in the league below me. I miss an option to say to players who want to move something like: "Look, what leaving me has done to the career of the last 10 players who sat here and complained" ;)

@The_Gato_In_Goal don't see it that negative. you're stabilizing in the eredivsie. I am very optimistic that you can kick on in the next years and get into europe in a few seasons. look how long it did take you to make progress in the 2nd divsion ;) And i agree with @JWVG . you should upgrade the youth facilities, too.

Hey everyone, been lurking around this thread for a while and there's some really enjoyable reads, keep at it :) I have a quick question.

How does this challenge on FM17 compare to FM16? I ask because I'm looking to attempt this challenge for a second time, previously attempting a couple of years ago. However I currently do not own FM17. I would most likely be starting in England. FM17 would include a variation of Brexit, right? What other differences would there be? (is FM17 easier/harder?)

Purchase FM17 or stick with 16? (and if I were to stick with 16, would it be okay for me to bump the FM16 thread?)