Sports Interactive Community
Braumiller

FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

Selkirkfc.png

SELKIRK FC - SEASON SEVEN - 2023/24

Scottish Cup - Betfred Cup - Challenge Cup

League Table:

It's still tough to get off the bottom bit of the table, we always lose form at the end of the season, no idea why.

Squad:

The squad we have is good enough for the top half but we need some cash injection to improve the training and youth facilities.

Transfers:

Finances:

We are stable financially but still not enough to do the neccessary improvements at the club.

Youth Intake:

No one of worthy note, still waiting for that wonderkid!

Home Grown Watch:

Gerry Noble YP21a is still our best prospect to come through and he is improving with a few Scottish Championship clubs interested in him.

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		SPFL2		10th		
2018/19		SPFL2		9th		
2019/20		SPFL2		8th 
2020/21		SPFL2		10th
2021/22		SPFL2		9th		
2022/23		SPFL2		9th
2023/24		SPFL2		9th		

Edited by Dan BHTFC

1 hour ago, Sanno11 said:

@darren1983 Great recovery...... phew. I am using your success as a benchmark so when you posted the update about struggling I was thinking I have no chance. It's interesting with this challenge that you can't keep tabs on everyone's best players,   Orhan (YP07a) looks incredible, good luck holding onto him.

My team are very strange, never know when we're going to go on a good or bad run or what causes either. Orhan has been an interesting one as he looked OK when came through but has really kicked on thanks to some tutoring and playing games, this season has been a rollercoaster for him, over the summer Swindon (who just got relegated to league two) made a bid of 100k for him which I turned down (my rule is to try and not sell best players to teams in the same league) which upset him. He then picked up an injury in pre-season, his first 3 games of the season ended in injury, injury and red card, he then scored 3 goals in the next 2 games before getting another knock :D 

@Braumiller what a season, fantastic mate. That European money is great.

Edited by darren1983

@Braumiller - Congratulations! Such a shame to lose the unbeaten season in the last game, but an amazing season all-round.

@darren1983 - Fantastic comeback to avoid relegation, hopefully you can crack on and have a comfortable season this time!

@Duroliponte - Great season! The overload tactic is and interesting way of attacking big sides, do you think you will continue with it next season?

Are you allowed to holiday two seasons to get a previously unplayable club or even 3. I'm struggling to find interestate in teams after the first holiday. teams in the 8th tier are interesting. Guernsey, Hereford and Salisbury. is this allowed

20 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

Are you allowed to holiday two seasons to get a previously unplayable club or even 3. I'm struggling to find interestate in teams after the first holiday. teams in the 8th tier are interesting. Guernsey, Hereford and Salisbury. is this allowed

Yep, holidaying additional seasons is fine.

You just cannot take over a club who is promoted that were relegated in one of the previous holiday years (a team who were previously playable)

atlantis.png

Atlantis FC Season 2 2018

League- Managed to come 6th this year being saved from relegation with 2 games to go. A pretty bad run in the cup only winning 1 but drawing 2 put an end to a pretty mediocre season in the Ykkonen.

Youth Intake- Petteri Miettinen 18A is the best player of the intake although i don't use an attacking mid anymore so he will be spending some time in the U19s. Jukka Riikonen 18B could play some first team action. at the moment but he has mediocre potential. Got 2 players with a Russian second nationality though neither are any good but it could be a good start. Hired a DoF with knowledge of better nations to try to get better youth products

Youth Watch (All Youth products to have played a senior game this year)

Ari Hiltunen 17A- First team player backed up his heroics to keep us up last year with a decent 2nd season coming up with a few goals in his new position in the center

midfield

Vili Lagerblom 17C- Backup to Hiltunen, had an alright season but if he can improve I can't see him not starting with Hiltunen in 1 or 2 years

Kimmu Sumusalu 17F- Really not good enough for first team was backup right back, as our starting right back left leaving my second choice DM to play Right Back

Mattie Talvitie 17B- Played 1 game let 3 in, had a nice job as benchwarmer for the rest of the season, which he did well

Bring on next season. Promotion, maybe?

13 hours ago, Braumiller said:

There are no dumb questions here.

I hired the cheapest scout possible, just so I could get a next opponent report each week.

I did not get a DoF at all, until I was 5-6 years in.  And only then as I like to add my kids to the Development list and have the DoF try and find them loan destinations.  You can certainly do this yourself, I just had a bunch of kids and was lazy :D

11 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

I got 1 scout for next opposition and if I feel like scouting any player so I can see them.

I also got a DoF purely for the reason to get 2nd nationalities in youth intakes. (Still hasn't worked in 7 years though)

Cheers thanks all.

Sign me up guys. I got bored of trying to get St Neots , Hitchin and Burgess Hill promoted, so i picked a team in my next try. I am now the manager of Hednesford Town.

Media prediction of 20th, this is going to be tough

@Braumiller Nice season there, the money from being in Europe really helps a lot and should be the building block for all the future Robbie Savages.....with better hair we all hope.

@Sanno11 Many thanks, not wanting to spoil part 4 of my journey too much but spoiler alert..

Spoiler

..we still suck.

@Dan BHTFC I noticed something similar on my previous season despite the good finish, I wonder if lose is form is tied to a poor fitness level so I've got a fitness coach in an attempt to prevent the end of season drop in form.

@wicksyFM welcome on board and good luck. 

8 minutes ago, MackieStaggie said:

@Braumiller Nice season there, the money from being in Europe really helps a lot and should be the building block for all the future Robbie Savages.....with better hair we all hope.

@Sanno11 Many thanks, not wanting to spoil part 4 of my journey too much but spoiler alert..

Reveal hidden contents

..we still suck.

@Dan BHTFC I noticed something similar on my previous season despite the good finish, I wonder if lose is form is tied to a poor fitness level so I've got a fitness coach in an attempt to prevent the end of season drop in form.

@wicksyFM welcome on board and good luck. 

Yeah I bought in a coach with a high fitness training level but it doesn't seem to have helped!

Is it possible to holiday and takeover a new team in the same world as you've managed after being fired? If so, I'm assuming you'd need to create a new manager to restart from the lowest profile attributes?

I have not been fired, I'm currently in the middle of a 9 points from 5 games promise though so just wanted to check in case it all goes badly. 

Dulwich Hamlet - EFL2 - Season 2027/28

Dulwich Hamlet Badge.png

League - After the last 2 seasons of steady improvement (well by the end of each season anyway) I thought a good start to the season might be key, for the first time in our football league career we started the season at home and got a 1-0 win. In fact we would win our first 4 league games 1-0 as this set the platform for the season. Our defence was key (as usual) but the difference this season was the fact many players scored (3 players in double figures with pretty much every regular starter getting on the scoresheet bar the full backs) we seemed destined for 4th place (graph) as every time we got close to getting in the top 3 we blew with a loss of draw, with 4 games to go we were a pint off the top 3, 3 straight wins for us couple with Burton and Port Vale dropping points meant on the last day we were 2nd and needed a point at home to Champions Barnet to secure promotion. As is our usual way - we lost 3-1. Burton won and their greater GD saw them go above us but Port Vale could only draw meaning our 3 goal better GD saw us promoted. That was much tighter than I'd have liked!

League Cup - another good run, beat championship side, then a fantastic win away to Premiership Hull before Premiership Southampton beat us.

FA Cup - our first real run in this, beat 2 non league sides before championship leaders Sheff Wed were too good for us.

EFL Trophy - same as usual - 1 win and 2 losses.

Transfers

Squad

Finances - cup runs helped as we earned £2.4m in gate receipts compared to the £1.3m the season before.

Key Players

Ertgrul Orhan (YP07A) our best player and we're struggling to hold on. He wants to leave so if we get his buyout (400k) he's gone - I'm offering him out for £1m in the hope someone goes for it.
Ben Nightingale (YP03A) player of the season, 7 goals from a defender (couple lovely free kicks) been a constant presence in our team for past 3 seasons.

Youth Intake - a pretty solid one, still need that striker (just asking for one with championship potential - not much is it?)

Dean Kane (YP11A) - or Superman as I call him (not sure how many will get that reference) already our 3rd best CB so the loss of Orhan might not be too bad in the end.
Kevin Graham (YP11B) - CM, where we lack quality and a little depth 
Ashley Egan (YP11C) - same as above really
Paul Clarke (YP11D) - another CB to add to our roster, a little slow for my liking though

Career Overview

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		VNS		1st		Champions
2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2021/22		VNL		4th		Promotion via playoffs
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2023/24		EFL2		4th		Lost Playoff Semi Final	
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th		
2027/28		EFL2		3rd 		Promotion!

Next Season

Stay up - 55 points will be the target, it's going to be tough

1 hour ago, Pippadoc said:

@darren1983 - Amazing work making it to League 1! Best of luck in staying up.

Love the Dean Kane reference, I used to love watching the show when I was young!

32 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

@darren1983 I will not be happy until you receive a Terrance Hatcher regent now! :D 

(Congrats on the promotion)

I had to make the reference :D 

Cheers guys.

@darren1983 well done! fantastic job!

I'm coming towards the end of my first season in charge of SV Grodig and I've just seen the craziest, most frustrating match in my FM career. Playing away to Austria Lustenau and we blitz them, 4-0 up inside 16 minutes and then 5-0 up at half time. I made sure that nobody was complacent, they were all calm apparently. So I sent them out to finish the job. Just 11 minutes later and our lead is reduced to 1 at 5-4. We immediately make it 6-4 from the kickoff. Still over half an hour to play. They make it 6-5 and again we extend the lead to 2 at 7-5 with 10 minutes to go. Needless to say, they scored two in the final ten to finish the game 7-7. After all that, my experienced centre back decided to let me know he was feeling complacent!

See madness within!

Out of curiosity is is better to start in a country where the bottom division is semi-professional or professional?  As I see most of the two-league countries are fully professional but those with more than two tiers tend to have semi-pro teams also.

Loving reading all the stories on here. Congratulations @darren1983 on the promotion.

After relegation and failing in Russia I have started again in Turkey with Ankara Demirspor. Hopefully I will get at least a season done over the weekend. 

Sportverein Grodig - Season 1 (2017/18) - Austrian First Division

SVGrodig.png

Starting Profile - Manager Profile

League - (Positions) We started with expectations of finishing in the top half. Based upon the squad I though we would be just about mid-table so I was happy to leave it there. The season started badly and we bumbled along in the bottom half but never too much in the relegation battle. Just before the winter break hit, the board lost their temper following a 4-0 drubbing at home to Austria Lustenau. They told me they were going to sack me and I convinced them to give me a chance but I had to earn it. I need to secure 9 points over the next 5 games. Two wins and two draws later, I needed to pick up a point away to LASK Linz. The lads pulled out all the stops and we ran out 4-2 winners. This period of form then continued and we didn't lose another game all season winning 13 of the remaining 17 fixtures. Combine this with Kapfenberger SV 1919 hitting a run of terrible form and we overhauled them with 4 games remaining. A final day of the season victory away to SV Horn secured the title at the very first attempt!

Austrian Cup - A cup run started with a simple win over a regional side and then a penalties victory over SV Mattersberg. This meant that top side FK Austria Wien headed to our home in what would prove to be a tough match. We acquited ourselves well and could have won the game but took them all the way to penalties. At one point, we were 3-2 up with one penalty left each but the inevitable misses from us and their clinical finising saw them win 4-3 in the end. The cup was actually won by a second tier side in the end as SV Horn beat Kapfenberger SV 1919 in the final. This cup run likely didn't help their league form so I didn't mind at all!

Transfers - Squad - Finances - Facilities

A quirk in the Austrian league whereby you are given payments for playing Austrian players proved very useful indeed. A payment of £409,000 was received every 9 games for playing 12 Austrians in each game.

Key Players

Daniel Krenn - The right winger who converted to play on the left in my 4-4-1-1 tactic proved to be a handful. He finished as top scorer for us but sulked his way throughout the season. Seemingly unable to please him, I just accepted that he is a major pessimist and as long as he keeps performing I'll deal with his moods.

Markus Berger - The experienced centre back was a rock for us. While we experimented through the season he appeared in a large number of games, not all of them though as he had a penchant for a booking. He was also our penalty taker and managed to miss a few crucial ones throughout the year.

Mersudin Jukic - Upon accepting the job, the experienced striker looked like he would lead the line for me but by the time the season started, he just wasn't clicking. So we gave the job to young Markus Wallner who started with a good few goals. We persisted with Wallner through his struggles until Jukic became unhappy and we promised him a chance. We gave him that chance and never looked back. He hit form and stayed on top of it until the end of the season finishing tied for first in assists and second in goals.

Youth Intake

Youth players - The intake has a few promising players but if we are going to survive in the top division we need these to develop quickly.

Fabian Dittman YP01A - Dittman is clearly the most talented of the bunch. With our lone striker approach, we will be training him for the deep lying forward role and hoping he can lead the line for a good few years to come.

Carsten Doll YP01B - Hopefully Doll can become my midfield rock but he will need to show significant improvement. His low determination and positioning are definite worries.

Kevin Bittner YP01C - With just two keepers on the books and one heading for retirement in the near future, developing Bittner is crucial. His personality should lend itself to spending long days on the training ground so heres hoping.

Other Developments

The board agreed to send me on a coaching course so I'm in the process of completing my National C badge. They also agreed to improve junior coaching to back the development of youth prospects philosophy. They have yet to agree to improve any facilties but I will keep working on them.

Next Season

Cling on for dear life. I'm hoping that the rapid ascent will not prove too much but I will be happy to finish 9th next season. The board however may have other ideas. I certainly hope not!

Overall Progress

Season    League     Position     Achievements
=============================================================================
17/18     AUT.1      1st          Promotion!

Edited by AliG

@AliG Wow, not bad. But surviving in the Bundesliga will be hard without transfers.

As you managing in Austria, can you sign an Assistent Manager? There seems to be a bug.

@Sanno11 Thanks! It feels like I've turned a corner now and hopefully most of my players would regard other Finnish clubs as a sideways step. Don't think I'll cope if Kalermo leaves before setting our goalscoring record (which is about 30)! Hope the Conference is treating you well.

@Pippadoc Yeah...it's quite a tough one. The tactic seems to work when we are massive underdogs, and is less useful when we only have a slight disadvantage. I think it might serve me well in the first season before it gets sussed out.

@Dan BHTFC All credit for sticking with this. I hope you find that wonderkid!

@GloryFan2002 Good to see an update for the other Finnish save. Weirdly the clubs have ever so slightly different short names on my save, must be a quirk of the names edit file I'm using.

@darren1983 Outstanding promotion and amazing progress!

@AliG Fantastic first season, great value for your two away fans at the Austria Lustenau match.

Anyone else have an issue with setting the preseason start date? Mine looks as if it works but then the players keep coming back three or four weeks before I specified. It's far from gamebreaking, but it means they're all unhappy at having to come back early. 

Edited by Duroliponte

1 minute ago, Duroliponte said:

@Sanno11 Thanks! It feels like I've turned a corner now and hopefully most of my players would regard other Finnish clubs as a sideways step. Don't think I'll cope if Kalermo leaves before setting our goalscoring record (which is about 30)! Hope the Conference is treating you well.

@Pippadoc Yeah...it's quite a tough one. The tactic seems to work when we are massive underdogs, and is less useful when we only have a slight disadvantage. I think it might serve me well in the first season before it gets sussed out.

@Dan BHTFC All credit for sticking with this. I hope you find that wonderkid!

@GloryFan2002 Good to see an update for the other Finnish save. Weirdly the clubs have ever so slightly different short names on my save, must be a quirk of the names edit file I'm using.

@darren1983 Outstanding promotion and amazing progress!

@AliG Fantastic first season, great value for your two away fans at the Austria Lustenau match.

I hadn't even noticed that! I think I should refund their travel costs after having to sit through that!

23 minutes ago, JWVG said:

@AliG Wow, not bad. But surviving in the Bundesliga will be hard without transfers.

As you managing in Austria, can you sign an Assistent Manager? There seems to be a bug.

I've not tried to sign one as there was already one at the club when I joined. If he leaves then I'll give you an update.

Image result for sv spakenburg

SV Spakenburg - 2023/24

Jupiler League | League Table | Dutch Cup | Transfers | Squad | Facilities | Finances | Best 11 

It's finally the weekend, which means that I have no school and can freely play fm again. Anyways, this whole week we've been slogging to another 16th place finish (it's better than 19th to be fair). We finished well above relegation (at least by our standards), so things are continuing to look up. We switched to a 5-1-1-1-2 with WBs as well as a DM, a CM, and a AMC to accommodate our captain van der Wal (03b) and our hot prospect Bergkamp (06b). This year our youth kept improving noticeably as a result of our "good" training facilities that have another upgrade on the way. Financially, still solid even with upgrades. A pretty decent youth intake saw us get a good striker and another attacking mid to compete with Rob Bergkamp (06b). I almost forgot to mention how Kuijpers (04e) and van der Veen (04c) both had very good seasons and wouldn't sign new deals the whole season until the 3rd to last day before their contracts expired. I tied them both down for 5 years now. Also, Jan van der Heijden (01e) will finally be 24 next year, so we can start to put his model pro personality to good use as a tutor.

Class of 2024

Carlos Rijssel (07a) - Would be perfect if not for 5 vision, but we'll see who emerges in the AMC role with him and Bergkamp (06b).

Jos van Staa (07b) - Very nice looking striker with some good potential.

Class of 2023

Erik van Hoof (06a)

Rob Bergkamp (06b)

Gijsbert Loukili (06c)

Toine Ruijmgaart (06d)

Class of 2022

Daan Janssen (05a)

Brian Spaan (05b)

Class of 2021

Mitchel de Koning (04a)

Erdem Yiğat (04b)

Remco van der Veen (04c)

Koos van Halst (04d)

Mike Kuijpers (04e)

Class of 2020

Emre Taylan (03a)

Dennis van der Wal (03b)

Anouar Scholten (03c)

Sebastão Ntyamba (03d)

Antonio Werleman (03e)

Class of 2019

Kees van Berlo (02a)

Achraf Rahmani (02b)

Nathan Felomina (02c)

Hüseyin Boşnak (02d)

Class of 2018

Ed van den Beld (01a)

Jamal Chihab (01c)

Jan van der Heijden (01e)

2nd Nationality Watch

Morocco x6

Turkey x6

Suriname x5

Angola x2

Indonesia x2

Aruba x1

Cape Verde x1

Curaçao x1

Greece x1

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Dutch Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer                  Most Assists               Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol/van der Meiracker (16)  Tol (7)                    Tol (7.07) 
2018/19   Jupiler League    19th        4th Round      Basic                  Poor                 Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (17)                    van der Meiracker (7)      van der Meiracker (6.97)   
2019/20   Jupiler League    18th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Adequate            Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (13)                    Oostinjen (10)             Custovic (7.09)  
2020/21   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (14)                    Tol (7)                    van der Heijden (01e) (6.98)  
2021/22   Jupiler League    19th        3rd Round      Adequate               Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (9)   van Berlo (02a) (5)        Veerman (7.06)  
2022/23   Jupiler League    16th        3rd Round      Average                Below Average        Good                Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (16)                    Oostinjen (8)              Oostinjen/van der Wal (03b) (6.91)  
2023/24   Jupiler League    16th        4th Round      Good                   Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (14)  Oostinjen/Taylan (03a) (6) van der Wal (03b) (7.06)  

Grenoble-Foot 38 - Youth Intake 2020

BMzcWWe.png

Another intake with some promising youngsters in, although this class is nowhere near as deep as last years. Importantly, we got a reasonable looking GK prospect which we had yet to get so far.

Jonathan Roman (YP20A) - Romao is a promising looking wing back. He has less potential than Kouyombo from last year's class, but depending on how the two of them develop he could become the starter in the future. His strong free kick taking stat is intriguing, if he becomes a starter he could become a real weapon for us. 

Jesus Romero (YP20B) - Versatility is excellent when you're limited to 5 bench spots, so a player who might be able to do a reasonable job on each wing is very useful. Whether he ever develops into a starter; I don't know.

Clement Teyssier (YP20C) - The best goalkeeper prospect we've seen so far, although he will never become as good as our current GK. Fortunately, Maubleu is only 30 so we have plenty of time to find a better prospect. 

@AliG Congrats on the promotion. With regards to adding your club badge to the post, what I do is have the badge saved on my laptop, then click on the "choose files" option then add it. After the 1st time the picture should appear under the "insert other media option"

@The_Gato_In_Goal good steady progress again there. Like the look of Van Staa.

A lot of updates since last time I was in here.

Good job guys :applause:

I got tired of playing the same teams over and over again in Scotland, so I have decided to try the challenge out in Turkey instead.

The club I'm hopefully are going to succeed with is Altay. The club has some great facilities and the finances are nice to begin with.

Manager profile - Transfers and a nice large squad. There both youth and experienced players, so it will be an interesting try with this club :-)

EDIT:

I can confirm that the "reset date" in Turkey are 20th of June 

Edited by Bubbles_DK

Sacked in the third season bottom of the table. Ari Hiltunen our hero ended up the villain leaving and making us really bad

@Bubbles_DK Good luck with Turkey! Hopefully the stadium won't feel too empty as you build your way up!

@GloryFan2002 Unlucky with the sacking. 

@darren1983 Thanks for the help, the logo is now in!

Edited by AliG

20 minutes ago, AliG said:

@Bubbles_DK Good luck with Turkey! Hopefully the stadium won't feel too empty as you build your way up!

Thank you.

There are in average 1.500 watching the matches, so I cant even see the people in the stands :lol:

Am I allowed to extend the contracts of non-regen players already in team?

Edited by Soviet

24 minutes ago, Soviet said:

Am I allowed to extend the contracts of non-regen players already in team?

Yeah, it would be torture in your first few seasons if you couldn't.

2mcsoro.jpg

Altay season 2017/2018

League Table - Turkish Cup - End of season awards - Facilities - Finances - Transfers - Manager Profile

The League

We were in our first season seeded to end up at the 5th place. The board demanded a playoff spot and we delivered a 3rd place in the league. We were never really in competition for a higher position because we were trailing from the beginning.  Don't get me wrong i'm really happy with the final position:) 

The playoffs first round was against number 4. They were really never a threat and we won 4-1 over two matches. Next opposition were number 2 from the league. Unfortunately we came out short in a 3-2 defeat over two matches and we have to settle for another season in 2. division.

The Turkish Cup

We had an amazing cup run beating Fenerbache and Besiktas and went all the way to the quarter finals where Kayserispor stopped the run. They had clearly learned from the other teams mistakes starting youth and reserves.

The run gave us a nice boost to the economy, so we are well placed economy wise for another season in the 2. division.

The Youth

The first youth intake were alright or I'm actually a little disappointed but it's properly because I had to high expectations. 

I have chosen to highligt these 2 players:

Onur Boran - He looks like a real talent and a few top division teams have already been sniffing around. I don't expect to have him for more than a season

Volkan Yildiz - Looks like he can be a decent striker for the future. I will maybe give im som minutes to see if he develops enough.

Next season

I'm aiming for playoffs again. Hopefully a better intake and start to use some of them and release or sell the deadwood in the club.

Edited by Bubbles_DK

Port_Talbot_Town_FC_logo.png

Season 10 - 2026-27

The Season As It Happened.....

Preseason
The draw for the Champions League Qualifying was not kind, Celtic of Scotland in our first tie...
Away in the first leg and we played well but lost 0-2.  Home in the 2nd leg looking for a miracle and did not get it, losing 0-3 for 0-5 on aggregate.  So a much shorter European adventure this year!
Time to arrange some friendlies to get ready for the domestic season.
I have not had to use it for a few seasons, but get out the injury klaxon! :(  Mark Heyes 2020-B just damaged his achilles in a friendly and is out 5-6 months!

September 9th 2026
Well there goes any chance of an unbeaten run domestically!  A 0-1 home loss to Barry.  We were without a lot of 1st teamers who were exhausted from international duty.  3 kids had their debuts and it proved to be too many!  We are playing catch-up this year!

November 1st 2026
Ding dong the witch is dead!  A consortium led by Cardiff-based investor Steven Wilson have taken over Port Talbot!  He pumped 3.5m into the club (we had ~4m in the bank at the time, so not necessary but very welcome!) and our philosophies have been wiped clean (and they would not talk about changing them currently).  He immediately wanted a chat about setting a new transfer budget (sounds like he wants big names? :( ) but I talked him into new training facilities instead (1.8m at the end of the season!).  Looking at my staff list, the new Chairmans personality is 'Fairly Ambitious'!  Much better.

November 4th 2026
Our first senior call-up!  Steve Taylor 2021-A has been called up to the Rep Ireland :thup: 

November 28th 2026
What a strange game.  Away to TNS and we race into a 3-0 lead in the opening 13 minutes.  We add a 4th before HT and then proceed to pick up 2 straight red cards in the first 7 minutes of the second half!  Understandably TNS swarmed all over us for the remainder of the game, but somehow we kept them out!  A 4-0 away win at the enemy, with a couple of suspensions to come.

December 2nd 2026
2nd use of the injury klaxon this year :(  Leigh Taylor 2022-A is out for 6-7 months with knee tendinitis!  He just won the November player of the month award.....

December 9th 2026
The new chairman agrees to chat about philosophies and accepts my youth approach! :thup:  He previously had a minor dislike for it and a minor like for signing high profile players! :eek: (although it was not a club philosophy) 

March 2nd 2027
Youth Candidates 2027!
Barry Sherman 2027-A - I really like the look of this kid and he is making me wish I was not strikerless!  Lovely starting physicals, finishing & composure you wish for on a finished product (at our level) and bags of flair!  Tempted to turn him into my main MC, but his tackling puts me off.  So (for now at least) it is AMC retraining for him.  Hopefully I can find a tutor for him and get that Determination up.
Cai Cooper-Kingdom 2027-B - A good looking central defender prospect.  His main issue is that I have a lot of them.

March 13th 2027
Injury klaxon #3 :(  Luke Gray 2025-A has damaged his achilles.  Out for 5-6 months.

March 20th 2027
Title winning at the enemies ground is fun! :)  A 3-0 away win at TNS gives us the title with 3 games to spare!

April 3rd 2027
Hopefully a sign of things to come.  I throw Barry Sherman 2027-A in at the deep end for a debut at AMC to help his positional retraining and he scored after 16 minutes!  This also gave him both Port Talbot and Welsh Premier League records for youngest scorer (16 years 48 days)

Random Notes / Thoughts
It feels like this is the start of the dynasty now.  TNS did not feel as troublesome and I was able to play more and more kids.
The club seem to be in good hands now, with an ambitious chairman and we are financially sound.
After 10 years of playing exactly the same formation for every game (although the roles and style have changed throughout) I am toying with the idea of a change....  Maybe in preseason and go from there.

End of Season Screenshots
League Table
Results - League / Cups
Transfers
End of Season Awards
* Player of The Year 1st Place - Ross Fisher 2020-A (34%)
* Player of The Year 2nd Place - Luke Gray 2025-A (28%)
* Player of The Year 3rd Place - Matty Jones 2024-B (23%)

Season 11 Targets
* Show better in Europe
* Retain Welsh Premier League

Argh, been offered just shy of a million for Kalermo from a Norweigian club, a week before the seasons starts. What on earth do I do? That's crazy money for a Finnish player...

7 hours ago, Duroliponte said:

Argh, been offered just shy of a million for Kalermo from a Norweigian club, a week before the seasons starts. What on earth do I do? That's crazy money for a Finnish player...

Does he want to stay, if so counter and sell up for money or you'll lose your chance for that much. If not, don't, ruined my team when my star youth player left ended in my sacking

Ilkeston F.C Season 7

Vanarama National League

65Nqm16.png                           

League| Squad |Transfers|Youth Intake |Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Finances

Season Overview

I started this season with realistic ambitions, as it felt like last time we were lucky to reach the playoffs. Disappointingly Connor Brindley (YP19c) took his opportunity to leave at the end of his contract and now plays for AFC Wimbledon in League 2.  We were still viewed as huge underdogs and favourites for relegation despite our improved reputation. We started slowly and found it tough to score. As the first half of the season progressed we found our rhythm and although it isn't pretty we became hard to score against and usually only needed a goal or two to win. We hit joint top in December and despite losses to fellow promotion chasing Kidderminster and Hartlepool still looked good. We hit a bumpy patch through January and February only winning twice in 9 attempts, which I will attribute to some key personnel being missing through injury. We moved into the final period still in promotion/playoff contention and had a kind fixture list. A few 1-0 wins got us to joint top again and a top of table clash with Tranmere. We were outdone, it finished 1-3 and with it I thought our title chances were gone. However Tranmere faultered and going into the last game of the season we were two points behind them.

We were away at Dover and Tranmere were away at Stalybridge, we need to win and for Tranmere to lose, anything else would leave us in the playoffs. We controlled the first half in our game and took a 2-0 lead by half time. However,  the score update popped up, Tranmere 1-0 up. The second half begins and it is all quiet in both games until, amazingly, Stalybridge 2 - 1 Tranmere pops up, Ilkeston move up to 1st place. Dover had noticeably improved in our game and managed to score from a corner, we had about 20 mins to hold on. I, without any shame brought 9 players into my half and shut up shop, which thankfully worked. No more alerts had popped up and so at the final whistle I quickly checked the league table and there it was, Ilkeston are champions.

To bounce back is amazing and a relief. I haven't set us up to be defensive but we only conceded 33 goals in 46 games. 16 of our 26 wins were 1-0!

Top Performers

Derek Gibbons (YP18c) : I have to acknowledge my goal keeper in this season. He had a record 22 clean sheets. He joined the team at the same time as Mullarkey so never played. He is weak in the air and allow crosses usually so he is vulnerable but he must be doing something right

Peter Havern (YP22a) : A really solid season for us, never spectacular but always reliable. We really missed him when he was injured for 6 weeks. We had good news that he no longer wanted to leave and signed a new 3 year contract, however the day after we won the title he asked to move to a bigger club, starting to dislike him.

Youth Intake

A pretty disappointing intake, I feel like our poor youth recruitment network is most likely responsible. I can imagine these getting a couple of chances but they will have a while in the U18s before they do.

Simon Harris (YP24a) A very underwhelming forward who has an OK personality and determination as his saving grace. Will need to show some huge progress over the 3 years he has.

Kieran Bradley (YP24b) A decent goalkeeper prospect which is really useful. Not a superstar but with time will replace Gibbons.

Club overview

We have had two new chairmen in the last 3 years, which I forgot to mention. The newest one is ambitious which is positive. No upgrades to report here and financially we are looking bad, thankfully with promotion I hope will return to a safer footing. Player development was underwhelming this year and worries me. My intakes haven't produced any stand out players since 2019, which is scary. All the best players (who have all left) were from the first two intakes.

Summary

Brilliant to return to the football league at the first time of asking, perhaps we are better than I thought we are. Next season is going to be just as tough, if we can start a little better next year I hope we can survive.

Edited by Sanno11

@Sanno11 well done on bouncing back first time. Your team seems like it's gone in the same direction mine has with being tough to beat without ever meaning ti set up that way. Good luck in league 2, hopefully it'll go better this time.