Sports Interactive Community
Braumiller

FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

JDWT2Eb.gif

Førde IL season 10: 

Intake - Terje Krosshaug - Review

An intake of a professional club. I nearly fell of my chair when I saw Krosshaugs profile, but it was too good to be true. He had higher ambitions than Førde, so he did not want to sign a professional contract and left on a free transfer to Rosenborg (U19) mid season. The rest of the pack is promising, although a bit too focused on wingers/midfielders. I am hoping for a decent defender or two in the future, since Abrahamsen have been a disappointment when it comes to development. 

The season was not very good, but we got the job done and returns to the Premier Division. When we succeed we play the best football in the country, but too often we are let down by sloppy defending and bad decisions in posession, which leads to a long ball over the defence and easy goals to the opposition. This happens a lot against the flat 4-5-1, so next season there might be some changes.  

Image result for sv spakenburg

SV Spakenburg - 2020/21

Jupiler League | League Table | Dutch Cup | Transfers | Squad | Facilities | Finances | Best 11 

Whatever worked for us last year decided to stop working all of a sudden. The first half of the season was tough and our players weren't performing and we weren't getting any results. Luckily enough, we were able to patch a few wins together and we secured safety with a 1-0 win against Almere on the last day of the season. The goalscorer was actually Emre Taylan (03a), our best youth from last year, who scored his first senior goal for the club. Unfortunately, the board wouldn't upgrade our facilities (other than junior coaching) during the year, so nothing changed with that. We do have training facilities due to be completed next November,so that's something :). Finances keep climbing although I do expect the facility upgrades will continuously make larger and larger dents in our budget. Youth intake gave us a couple of good left backs, which was the one position we didn't need, so that's exciting. Other than that I've got to be getting near the most anyone has ever spent in the lowest division in this challenge and it isn't looking to change anytime soon.

Class of 2021

Mitchel de Koning (04a) - One of the actually good left backs, should challenge for the first team in a couple of years.

Erdem Yiğat (04b) - 18 teamwork is great and we don't have an amazing RWB, so maybe he can do something there in the future.

Remco van der Veen (04c) - Decent. He's got some good stats and a good personality but won't get much time over Kees van Berlo (02a) at the moment.

Koos van Halst (04d) - Looks pretty good and has some nice PPMs.

Mike Kuijpers (04e) - Looks decent enough and has got some potential.

Class of 2020

Emre Taylan (03a) - No player even improves for us in the first year, but I'm relying on him to turn into an elite striker.

Dennis van der Wal (03b) - Should get some more time in the first team next year.

Anouar Scholten (03c) - Time to start developing next year cause we need good CBs.

Sebastão Ntyamba (03d) - Unless he improves massively, he will sink into the endless abyss of left backs.

Antonio Werleman (03e) - Probably gets released unless he does something magical.

Class of 2019

Kees van Berlo (02a) - Decent season from him as he's been the best youth player in our first team this year.

Achraf Rahmani (02b) - He might become a backup next year.

Nathan Felomina (02c) - Improved a bit and is a backup center mid now.

Hüseyin Boşnak (02d) - Still backs up Ed van den Beld (01a).

Muhammad Wijaya (02e) - He'll will be released as his contract expires, he just isn't good enough.

Lorenzo Babel (02f) - See above.

Class of 2018

Ed van den Beld (01a) - He might get some first team minutes next year if our original keeper plays as bad as he did this year.

Andy de Jong (01b) - We still don't play wingers.

Jamal Chihab (01c) - We're so desperate for CBs that he has to play the entire season again. He's not great quality, is he?

Rzeni Anillo Saidi (01d) - Got the award of the first to be released by the club when his contract expired.

Jan van der Heijden (01e) - Looks pretty good and has developed nicely. With both of our strikers 32 now, he will get some chances in the first team next year.

Felizardo Costa (01f) - Backup for the first team this year, so hopefully he can push on next season.

2nd Nationality Watch

Morocco x5

Turkey x3

Angola x2

Suriname x2

Aruba x1

Curaçao x1

Greece x1

Indonesia x1

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Dutch Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer                  Most Assists          Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol/Van der Meiracker (16)  Tol (7)               Tol (7.07) 
2018/19   Jupiler League    19th        4th Round      Basic                  Poor                 Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (17)                    Van der Meiracker (7) Van der Meiracker (6.97)   
2019/20   Jupiler League    18th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Adequate            Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (13)                    Oostinjen (10)        Custovic (7.09)  
2020/21   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (14)                    Tol (7)               Van der Heijden (01e) (6.98)  

Edited by The_Gato_In_Goal

JDWT2Eb.gif

10 seasons in Førde IL: 

Facilities - Finances - Best Eleven - Tactics - Competition History

Summary

We are currently improving youth facilities when we can, training facilities are a bit too expensive at the moment. Financially we are okay, but this will improve with a new season in the Premier Division. The tactics are some sort of 3-5-2 for now, with emphasis on keeping the ball. When it clicks it is fantastic, but with many teams playing 4-5-1, we struggle to break them down. Three CD against a single striker isn't very good either, but right now we don't have fullbacks to play around with, so we stick to 3-5-2 another season. To wrap it of we have a short presentation of the squad. 

Squad 2028: 

Ole Gjengedal - If Krosshaug had signed a contract he would be on the bench, but now he is our undisputed nr 1. 
Markus Attila - A rock a few years back in the second division, a cone in the Premier Division. Hoping for a replacement soon. 
Thomas Zetterdal - Same as above. 
Mads Abrahamsen - Had high hopes for him, but he has not developed at all during two full seasons in the first team. 
Endre Kittelsen - Suffering a bit because of the formation and has to step in as a central defender from time to time, but won't reach the potential he once had. 
Ole Edvardsen - Had bags of potential, but has not been able to get it out. Will probably be released soon. 
Emil Eikeskog - The leading star from the first intake, but failed to reach his potential. Was on his way out a few seasons ago, but a boost in determination allowed him to stay. Key-tutor atm. 
Mads Førland - A personal favorite and fits like a glove in the left central midfield role. Unfortunately he isn't really good enough for the Premier Division, so might be replaced soon. 
Jan Rune Reksten - Another promising star with a poor approach to training. Had high hopes for him and he has been okay in the First Division, but hasn't developed as I'd hope. 
Eivind Vågen - The leading player of the team. Went berserk when he got a full time deal last season, have never seen so many dark green arrows on a player. Hanging on to him as long as I can. 
Ivar Almen - Youth prospect, first season in the squad. Almost as good as Reksten, so he will get the priority. 
Sindre Skartun - Was casual on arrival, but tutored him to fairly pro. As Vågen his development exploded with a pro deal. Have attracted interest from other clubs, but will hang on to him as well. 
Terje Norevik - Have hopes for this one as well, currently under tutoring from Eikeskog, hoping for a boost in determination. 
Tonny Solheim - Not as promising as the others, but might be a candidate for the DPL with his passing/vision. 
Ole Morten Myhre - Recently promoted as the potential of the older left wingers in the first team are fading. Will get playing time, hope he developes into the winger we need. 
Ole Rygg - Same as above
Lars-Erik Kristiansen - Another midfielder with potential, will get the chance if he does well in training. 
Elias Myklebust - Relegated to 2nd team, hasn't really developed since he got the chance. 
Stian Klaveness - Same as above. 
Gaute Aker-Iversen - Same as Lars-Erik Kristiansen. Much potential, but plays in a crowded position. 
Djalaluddin Hashemi - Hopefully our striker to be. Intend to get him tutored from Holtvik to get his determination up to 15. 
Martin Holtvik - Our top scorer, even though his ability isn't that good. Good determination, so will keep him as a tutor. 
Jørgen Nergård - Rated as the best player at the club. Was low determination, but worked his det up to six, making him fairly loyal. 

yfUvqd4.png

Chimney Corner - Season 2 - 2018/19 NIFL Premier Intermediate League

11 August - We lose to Queens University on the opening day. After a fairly indifferent pre-season this wasn't the start we needed.

28 August - A big victory in the Steel & Sons cup, 8-1 against Moyola Park from our division. Huge morale boost!

20 October - After 8 games we've only let in 3 goals in the league and have sat 1st or 2nd the last few weeks depending on goal difference.

29 October - Our starting sweeper Connor Murray reminds us players are indeed on non-contract terms, moving to a 4th tier team.

30 October - We surrender a 3-1 lead to the bottom placed team, setting off a run of 5 league games without a win. Complacency seems to be an issue.

16 January - A double 0-0 draw in the 5th Round of the Irish cup to progress on penalties against 2nd tier team Ballinamallard Utd shows that when switched on we're capable of punching above our weight.

9 February - We go in at half time of our 6th round cup tie away to top tier Cliftonville 1-0 up. They get motivated and destroy us with 4 goals in 20 minutes in the second half to remind us we still have work to do.

23 February - League table is tightening up, we're back to one point off first with 5 to play. With 4 in a row at home, including top placed Lurgan Celtic, our destiny is in our own control.

6 March - Youth Intake. A very nice one, with the midfielders we didn't get last year. The best of the prospects are

• (19a) Paul Quinn - MC - By far the best prospect we've gotten so far, with decent stats for this level across the board already.
  • (19b) Adrian McComb - MC - Another ready made midfielder who will strengthen the weakest link in the team.
  • (19c) Eoin Duffin - MR - Good marking and work rate for a winger which makes me think he'll do well as a wing back in our formation.
  • (19d) Gary Young - MC - The third top midfielder of our intake, we don't have anyone with his passing flair in the side so he should add something new to the team.

Like last year's bunch we'll be gradually introducing them, although I expect by this time next year the three midfielders will be in our best XI.

9 March - On a rainy day against Dundela we manage only one shot on target to lose 1-0. Somehow still only 1 point off top, but now only hanging onto 2nd by goal difference with 2 other teams 2 points behind.

6 April - After going top with a 2-1 win the game before, we manage to lose 2-0 to the second last placed team (the same team that erased a 3-1 lead against us, they seem to just have our number). The feeling is we just blew first place there.

20 April - 2nd vs 3rd and everything to play for against Lurgan Celtic. 18 minutes in and our striker McGroggan recieves on the half way line, the defense backs off as he beats a challenger and slots into the right corner from outside the area. Just before half time (18a) James McGovern crosses from deep and McGroggan heads home a second. An uneventful second half until Hamill throws in to our other striker Leworthy who slots it home. 3-0 victory, we're in the box seat for the promotion playoff, and a shot at the title.

4 May - Need a win against a team we've dominated before in Moyola Park. I just have an awful feeling about it though, like we used up our goals in that cup tie. Disaster on 42 minutes as their striker beats 3 of our defenders to a deep cross and scores. We can't muster anything until the very last minute when McGroggan is put through one on one but tamely taps it straight to the keeper. 1-0 loss. As it turns out a win would have won us the title.

Review - Table / Cups / Squad

3rd place again. Last season's points total would have won us the league this year, but it was tougher up and down the table, so I'm not going to get caught up on us backsliding a little there. What I am disappointed about is that we had every chance to take command and seemed to just get sloppy. Scoring was harder with teams respecting us more, and our strikers not quite as brilliant as they were last year. We definitely need the young midfield and strike force to begin to take their place in the first team next year.

Our under 18s won their league so we know they have talent. I'm just going to keep on slowly moving them in. So far I have three in the first team:

• (18a) James McGovern - WBR - Complained a couple of times that I should include AML in my formation but eventually settled into the wing back role to come second in the player of the year voting. Sadly no longer showing 5 star potential.
  • (18b) James Whiteside - DC - Became too good to leave out, and with his size and WBL already taken I've been retraining him as a DC. 
  • (18h) John Hanna - SW - The loss of Connor Murray kind of forced my hand a bit. I didn't love playing two inexperienced defenders while pushing for a title, but he held up alright and will be better for the experience.

Ambitions - We again had the best defense, and we had the best goal difference. We've got the platform for promotion there, just need to execute.

Edited by Shakes

Port_Talbot_Town_FC_logo.png

Season 07 - 2023-24

The Season As It Happened.....

Preseason
Our usual 1st Qualifying Round of the Europa League start to preseason, and this time we avoided the bigger team seeded in our section (Rangers of Scotland) and drew AE Limassol of Cyprus.  They are a professional team with a couple of handy looking players, but for the first time I fancied our chances a little.  The first league was away and we played poorly :(  Losing 2-5.  The home leg we played much better, to the point where the away leg now looked like an aberration.  We won 2-0. to lose 4-5 on aggregate.  The second goal was with the last kick of the game, so we were never as close to a comeback as it looks, but it does feel like a case of what might have been!

August / September 2023
A very nice start to the season, winning every game except the big one.  TNS at home in the 2nd league game of the season and we lost 0-1 in a very tight affair.  They just manage to edge me out every time!

September 30th 2023
Wow!  A new record victory mark for Port Talbot following the 10-0 demolition of last place Llangefni in the league.  30 year old captain Thomas Silva bagged 4 in a rare start 'up front' with 6 other different scorers finding the back of the net :thup:

December 19th 2023
Another example of not being able to update this as I go due to not wanting to jinx a run...  Up until a 1-1 draw with Aberystwyth today, I had won all 14 of my non-TNS league games....  We actually had a 1 point lead over TNS going into this fixture, but my draw and their win now give them a 1 point lead!

December 26th 2023
Liam Maggs 2021-D came to me wanting a new deal, which he deserved.  We couldn't come to an agreement and suddenly I had the whole first XI in a meeting room demanding his excellent form deserved a new deal.  I would not usually bend to demands, but he did deserve it and I do not want to upset the apple cart midseason with things going well.....  He got a new deal....

January 28th 2024
Mickey Mouse Cup Final against TNS, just 3 days before we meet in the league.  I go with a full strength team, they have rested around half their first team....  Boom, 4-0 and a piece of silverware!  Now to see what we can do against a full strength and rested TNS...

January 31st 2024
At the 3rd league attempt this season we beat them!  Potential game of the season as well.  TNS went into the break 0-1 up due to a penalty.  We struck back after 54 minutes and both teams had chances.  TNS regained the lead on 78, but we stormed straight back and equalized 2 miinutes later.  With 5 minutes left it was our turn to be awarded a penalty and we tucked it away!  As the final whistle blew
we were now top of the league by 2 points with 9 games to go (including a trip to TNS).

February 24th 2024
Our last league meeting with TNS of the year and we were tied on points at the top going into it.  Again it was a very tight game and they were edging it 0-1, so I had to go attacking.  We huffed and puffed, but they caught us on the break and made it 0-2 and that is how it ended.  TNS now lead by 3 points with 5 games to go

February 28th 2024
Youth Candidate Day 2024!
Connor Whitelock 2024-A - A good looking central defender.  Very nice starting attributes in most of the right places.  Let's ignore his player trait for now....
Matty Jones 2024-B - An attacking right back and one that could fit into our style of play.  Identical playr trait to Connor, but in this instance it is perfect for the role.  Height could be an issue, but if he breaks into the first team we can deal with it
Daniel Duggan 2024-C - Another central defender and again good starting attributes
Robert Lewis 2024-D - Decent central player.  We have lots of options, but more options is not a bad thing

February-May 2024
We finish the Championship Conference section of the league with a record of P10 W7 D2 L1 but it was not enough.  TNS win the league again, this time by just 3 points!  our closest yet!
My overall league record again TNS was P4 W1 D0 L3, so if any of those losses (0-1, 0-1, 0-2) had been draws we would have won the league!
My overall league record against everyone else..... P28 W24 D4 L0 - So unbeaten against the rest of the league.  Yay!  and Grr!

May 11th 2024
Welsh Cup Final day and again we face TNS.  And again we produce a fantastic cup display against them, securing our first ever Welsh Cup!   3-1 the final score to make it a cup double for us this season!

Random Notes / Thoughts
Really is tough to decide whether to be annoyed with the season (we went unbeaten the whole year against non-TNS teams, could we have done any better(?) and yet still did not win the league) or proud of the season (we did our best to date in the league AND we won the mickey mouse cup for the 3rd time AND we won the Welsh Cup for the first time ever).
Personnel wise, the kids really started to make names for themselves and I had a true sense of who played where, who filled in for who when they were tired and what changes I could make to mix things up.  I have now moved out all non youths from the first team, except club captain Thomas Silva, who keeps putting in great displays and making it tough to drop him!  31, turning 32 next season, he will have a reduced role, but he will still have a role.

End of Season Screenshots
League Table
Results - League / Cups
Transfers
End of Season Awards
* Player of The Year 1st Place - Jordan Martin 2018-D (51%)
* Player of The Year 2nd Place - Ross Fisher 2020-A (37%)
* Player of The Year 3rd Place - Mark Heyes 2020-B (10%)

Season 07 Targets
* Continue to scare TNS
* Try to scare someone (anyone!) in Europe :) 
* Evolve the tactic and our versatility

Edited by Braumiller

Not much you can really do there @Braumiller, just need to get the results against TNS. +70 goal difference without winning the league must be close to some kind of record?

Just thought I would share this as I wasn't aware it was possible. When selecting an affiliate club it states 'you will have access to the affiliates clubs training facilities' (or something like that)

I was lucky that an affiliate I could chose was Loughborough Uni with 'Impressive training facilities'

Now on my own club's facilities screen it lists 'impressive training facilities'

Not sure if this is useful to anyone else but something to look out for, ours were below average before.

Edited by Sanno11

@Braumiller Great season. You'll soon get them! Is Craig Harrison still in charge of TNS? He knows his football..

In other news, I've advanced from the CL-group stage for the first time! We beat Anderlecht 2-1 at home in the fifth game to secure advancement. We then travelled to the Emirates to take on Arsenal, needing only 1 point to win the group. Our immense form unfortnuately came to an end, and we were steam-rolled in a 5-0 loss. A bit disheartening, as it felt like we had really gotten a grip on these games, but the gap in quality is still hard to overcome when the opposition is playing at their best.

We also got this bit of news, telling us that we have developed 89 players for the Welsh Premier League. Thats pretty decent:thup:

@MCPlay - That's amazing getting out of the group! Fingers crossed you can get a good draw in the next round.

I've been having a surprisingly busy summer for a club that isn't signing any players. I've managed to sell a couple of players in addition to two retirees which has saved us around £3k p/w on the wage bill. It won't make us profitable, but it'll help us from slipping too far in debt. 

I've also been getting a ton of interest in a fair few of my players. Amestoy (YP18A) has gotten offers of up to £450k so far, all of which are being rejected. Fabre (YP19A) and Cherubin (YP19D) are both attracting plenty of interest as well. Despite not thinking he'd be one of the top prospects in the class, Cherubin has been attracting interest from Ligue 1 sides. 

It's going to be a long summer of rejecting offers for about half of our promising youth players!

SC Bacau Season 2 2018-19

download.png

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Transfers | Me 

League : We had a great season, we weren't very consistent but got wins and managed to conquer the top. we then stayed there and i actually hoped we wouldn't get promoted as are squad isn't good enough for Liga I  and i want to keep my job so lets hope the board doesn't expect too much and i manage to survive. Catalin Pitaru 18a won Romanian Second league young player of the year and i Won Manager of the year. surprisingly we had only one player in the team of the year and unsurprisingly  it was Catalin Pitaru 18a. Season review- tells all that is needed to be told.

The best of the rest

Alexandru Corban: he isn't going to be our player for long as he isn't signing a new contract. i am disappointed beacuse he is our best CM but at least Cristinel Cifor 18b will get more chances as this year he nearl didn't touch the ball.

Andrei Ureche: Gaz Metan matched his release clause, until then he was amazing and gave us wins with his hands (literally ). at least my young GK got chances.

Andrei Marginean: had an amazing year at CB was our rock at the back, we need him for Liga I in the same form. lets hope he won't get injured.

The best of the best can always get better- 2018

Catalin Pitaru 18a: An amazing season he turned from boy to god. he was the first intake player to score a goal for the first team and was our best player over our season.

Valentin Prisaca 18c:  He had a great season which put him as our starting LB and he only gets better.

Mihai Bojescu 18d: he came for Ureche and he did a great job in goal so i don't miss him too much.

Youth intake 2019

Andrei Voinea 19a: another great FB prospect jumped straight into the subs bench because Prisaca was amazing this season

Alin Petrache 19b: we needed an AML to play my favorite 4-2-3-1 and he was straight into the first team scoring a couple of goals

Liviu Ilies 19j: he is professional and he doesn't look to bad. so far he is in the under 18s.

Marius Pantilimon 19c: another AML straight to the sub bench. got depth but not the best.

overall a solid intake got some depth but i wished for more.

oof i missed so much progress so just say GL and well done all

7 hours ago, MCPlay said:

@Braumiller He just retired, got sick of winning I guess :rolleyes:

Wow, starting season 8 here tonight and he is only 46......  Cannot see him leaving anytime soon :(

JäPS

2020 Season: Ykkönen

JäPS.jpeg

League Position: 2nd (Media prediction: 10th)

Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2

This was so nearly the season and in all honesty should have been the season. It was hit early on with the depressingly inevitable sale of Christoffer Orenius (YP1c) for little money and no add-ons against my wishes. I think I’m going to have to get used to losing my best and brightest until we reach the top flight. This was particularly bad however as we sold him to a team that had just been promoted to our division!

We recovered from that blow and started putting results together in the middle part of the season. By the time we beat Honka 3-0 we were starting to show our title credentials. Unfortunately a mini-collapse followed and we just lost too many games. However, we came back from 2-0 down on the final day to scrape the playoffs by an absolute whisper!

The first leg was tense, with both teams missing some golden opportunities. I was struck by how much VPS looked there for the taking. Unfortunately our veteran player and coach Teimuraz Apriamashvili missed a penalty at 0-0 and all three goals in the match came in the last five minutes. Having gone down late on Koivu hit an amazing equaliser on his birthday on 93 minutes. Imagine my pain when VPS went straight back down the other end to score almost unencumbered.

The second leg was a cracker and we deserved to win. However I was always a bit torn as to whether I should stick or twist and in the end Mäkelä’s scorcher from distance which made it 2-1 was not the final say in the game and they found an equaliser not long after. We have huffed and puffed but just could not find the goal to send us into the Veikkausliiga. 4-3 on aggregate.

Suomen Cup: Second Round

Against my expectations we escaped the group of death but as with last year were unable to get any further, dropping out to the current holders.

Season Records

Transfers: top player leaving for peanuts again.

Notable Players

Mahdi Ali: Linchpin of our (mostly) strong defence.

Jarmo Purosto YP2b: A breakout year for the young midfielder, Purosto came on leaps and bounds and became our key creative outlet for much of the season. Inevitably, this has not escaped the attention of the bigger clubs…

Kalle Kurittu: Top scorer once more, I hope one of the youngters can take the lead a bit next season as he’s not always consistent.

Lauri Mäkelä YP1d: A huge injury to our advanced playmaker proved more costly than the loss of Orenius. Once he returned we were back to our best.

Yusuf Jama: Had a few disasters but remains a key defender.

Notable Youth Players:

Tommi Virtanen YP1e: A very good season in goal, rarely makes an error.

Jaako Hirvonen YP3d: Played in 22 league games at left back due to an injury to Lehtimäki (YP2d), I would have like to see his attributes improve a tiny bit more but an impressive debut season.

Miko Aaltonen YP3b: Impressive at right-back towards the end of the campaign and should become a long-term option.

Agim Seferi YP1g: The unpredictable winger scored on his debut and offers something different up front.

Youth intake 2020

A fairly decent intake all round, I think a few could help in the promotion push next season.

Miikka Uimonen YP4a: Miika has already scored some big goals for the club including one in the playoff final. He looks like the awaited natural replacement for Lehtimäki (YP1a).

Joel Immonen YP4b: Could be as good as any midfielder we’ve produced thus far, he will be called upon next season and all the more so if Purosto or Mäkelä depart.

Jonas Heliskoski YP4c: Would look to be a decent prospect, were it not for a terrible attitude! One to watch for several reasons.

Juuso Koljonen YP4d: Lack of ambition will affect the striker’s progress but he should be worth a goal or two.

Vesa Virta YP4e: Interesting pace and dribbling but looks like he could be a lot of trouble also.

Season-by-season progress

Season Division Position Suomen Cup Top scorer Star man Top youth player
2017 Ykkönen 6th Group stage Nummi: 12 Ali Lehtimäki (YP1a)
2018 Ykkönen 3rd Group stage Lehtimäki (YP1a): 15 Orenius (YP1c) Orenius (YP1c)
2019 Ykkönen 3rd 2nd Round Kurittu: 9 Ali Mäkelä (YP1d)
2020 Ykkönen 2nd 2nd Round Kurittu: 13 Ali Purosto (YP2b)

Off-field progress

Season Finances Av. Attendance Capacity Training Facs. Youth Facs. Youth Rec. Junior Coaching
2017 -£84K 261 1,000 Average Basic Fairly Basic Good
2018 £110K 235 1,000 Average Basic Fairly Basic Good
2019 £131K 289 1,000 Average Basic Fairly Basic Good
2020 -£41K 351 1,000 Average Poor Fairly Basic Good

Aims for next season

A change in chairman is possibly imminent but I’m not expecting any extra funds. We have to keep plugging away to try and reach the Veikkausliiga.

Edited by Duroliponte

Dulwich Hamlet - EFL 2 - Season 2024/25

Dulwich Hamlet Badge.png

League - after going so close last season this feels like a huge step back. Everything that worked last year just didn't this year. Towards the end of the season we were struggling for goals from our forwards so I tried a new formation and to say it didn't take would be an understatement. By the end i was just glad this season was over. Truth be told I have no idea where to go from here. This season was very deflating.

League Cup - Championship Birmingham were far too strong for us.

FA Cup - comfortable win then we lost to a team in the league below.

EFL Cup - meh, won one and lost 2 again. Used it to try formations and players out.

Transfers - Have started to loan out players that need game time

Squad - starting to become fully home grown, only 4 or 5 non home grown in the squad these days

Finances - very good, we were boosted by the fact the keeper we sold in season one was sold by Leeds for £1.2m meaning we got £600k which was nice

Youth Intake - better than last year, would love a quality DM and Keeper as the ones we have produced aren't really of a good standard.

Anthony Berry (YP08A) - striker who, with some work, could be solid at this level
Maurice Crook (YP08B) - a needed LB as we were producing lots of RBs but very few LBs
Bill Sweeney (YP08C) - a solid CM able to play a couple of roles.
Dean Warner (YP08D) - another solid looking forward
Tony Baldwin (YP08E) - a left winger, good solid physical stats, needs some work on the technical stats
Mark Hyem (YP08F) - another CB, good physical stats, left sided as well which is new.

Career Overview

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		VNS		1st		Champions
2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2021/22		VNL		4th		Promotion via playoffs
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2023/24		EFL2		4th		Lost Playoff Semi Final	
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 		

Next Season

I dunno, need to get back to being solid at the back, am hoping a whole season of playing games has helped our young CBs. Aim is 50 points as per usual.

yfUvqd4.png

Chimney Corner - Season 3 - 2019/20 NIFL Premier Intermediate League

Preseason - Well my plan to bring them in slowly hit a snag, most of my first intake are too old for under 19s. Guess I have to play them rather than have them rot in the reserves. So many bids on my players, this non-contract thing is annoying.

August 17- (18f) Chris Bell scores a hat trick in the space of 5 minutes. After a torn calf muscle ended his chances of forcing his way into the starting XI last year, this year he's looking the goods.

August 24 - Lost (18a) James McGovern to another team, I think I missed responding to the contract offer in the spam of several per week my players are getting. :( 

September 21 - The 90th minute isn't a bad time for (18c) Nathan McKee top score his first ever goal, this extends our unbeaten league start to 6 games. We top the table with a game in hand.

October 19 - 9 games in and we're still undefeated with 19 scored and 6 conceded. A couple of draws mean we've slipped from top place. We're yet to play the first and third placed teams, so the big test is to come. Pass it and we'll be well on our way to winning the league.

October 29 - We fail the first test, losing 2-1 away to Queens University in a game we probably had the slight better of but they took their shots better than us.

November 16 - Give up an early goal from a free kick and we lose 1-0 at home to Limavady Utd to fail the second leg of the test despite again being the better side for most of the day. We're 5 points off second and 7 off first, with it all to do in the second half of the season.

November 30 - Letting in 5 goals in a cup game against a 5th tier team wasn't exactly the confidence booster I had in mind. Then losing 4-1 at home to a bottom feeder in the league. Yikes, when things turn they really turn. We risk blowing our early good work if morale isn't lifted by a win soon.

December 16 - (19b) Adrian McComb picks 2nd tier Donegal Celtic over us. Not much I could do there. :(

January 25 - (18a) James McGovern now plays for bottom placed Killyleagh. I know this because he scored against us to rub salt into the wound. 2-0 loss, fair to say our season is shot by this point as we're really losing touch with the top of the table.

March 4 - Donegal Celtic steal another of my midfield crop, with (19d) Gary Young signing for them now. :(

March 11 - Youth Intake

Not as good this time around, which seems to fit the mood of the season.

• (20a) Noel Dalzell - AMC - Needs to be retrained to be a MC, but he takes some of the sting out of losing two midfielders.
  • (20b) Conor Blair - AML and (20c) Dale Baird - ML - Probably the best option with these two is to train them to play MC, I don't see the playing time to develop them as wing backs.
  • (20d) Chris Harris - DR - Looks like he should make a decent right wing back, the determination is really the only downside.

May 2 - The end finally comes for the season, we ended up losing 8 of our final 13 games after our initial 9 game streak. At least we got to play a couple of all youth teams at the end.

Review - League / Cups / Squad / Transfers

At first introducing more youth to the team looked brilliant, but in the end the results say it was a failure. We slip down to 5th. First the defense failed, then the confidence went, then the goals dried up. We scored 19 in our first 8 games then 10 times in the remaining 14. I really don't know what to make of it, do we need to change something or coming back rested will we turn it around?

Losing 3 players sucked, but the thing that's really making this a grind is having to offer new contracts constantly to try to fend other clubs off. Sometimes it's more than a dozen per week, including times when I've had to re-offer a player the day after he signs a new contract! We desperately need the couple of promotions so we can actually sign players to contracts, but I'm not sure how to get the consistency to make that step.

Awards

• (18f) Chris Bell - The success story of the season, scored 20 goals, although he was a bit boom or bust, since that included two bags of 4. Hopefully he can be a little more consistent next year.
  • (18i) Bobby Black - Took over the keeper spot and did alright, the fans obviously put less blame on him for our defensive lapses than I do.
  • (19a) Paul Quinn - The only of our midfield trio to see through the season with us, like much of the team his best football was early in the season.

Plans

Need to think about this one, do I keep the faith in the current game plan that has looked brilliant when being executed well, or do I shake things up? The talents of the squad have been completely turned over from when I started so maybe I need to look at what best suits the new generation.

Edited by Shakes

@darren1983 - I know the feeling of backsliding, and the dread of playing the next year wondering if it'll be quickly forgotten or the new normal. :(

Ouch @Duroliponte, playoff games can be cruel like that. Looks like you're at least progressing in the right direction though.

Logo_of_FC_Chelyabinsk.gif

FC Chelyabinsk

Season 1 - 2017-18

Russian First Division - 15th 

League Table - Results 1 Results 2 - Transfers

Starting Profile

Season Overview

So this is my first time trying this challenge. I chose to take over FC Chelyabinsk in the Russian First Division. I chose them mainly because they are a one team city with a population of over 1 million people. Plenty of people to tap into later in the challenge (hopefully).

My fist season was very up and down. We were clear favourites to go down and I could tell from the start it was going to be a massive struggle. We started the season with 3 straight defeats and then 3 straight wins. Typical of the season to be fair. We had a couple of decent spells were it looked like we may pull away from the relegation places (ALL 5 OF THEM!!!), but eventually we finished level on points with the highest placed team in the relegation zone. Although our goal difference was worse than their's, we stayed up on games won.

In terms of the cup there was nothing to write home about, losing to a lower division side at the first hurdle.

Youth Intake

Our first intake was a decent one. Hopefully we can get some early use out of Gusev and Dryaev.

Star Players

Victor Kuznetsov - Potential to be the best player in the squad. Only player in the team who I think could cut it in the top league. A product of the academy, although came through before I arrived.

Evgeny Gusev - Best player from the intake. Will try to retrain him as an AMR ready for the start of next season.

Nikita Pechenkin - Central Midfieder who weighed in with goals.

Kirill Kholodov - Pechenkin's midfield partner. Best current player.

Vyacheslav Steshin - Best striker at the club. Would of preffered more goals from him though.

Next Season

Hopefully not be involved in the relegation battle. Not sure how likely this is yet though. Will probably take a couple more decent intakes to kick on.

SV Spakenburg - 2021/22

Jupiler League | League Table | Dutch Cup | Transfers | Squad | Facilities | Finances | Best 11 

We continued to cut it close this season, only avoiding relegation on the final day again. It has been a tough save as now I'm 5 seasons in and still haven't finished more than 2 places ahead of the bottom. It makes me realize how this challenge in the Netherlands would be impossible if more than 1 team got relegated each season. Anyway, things are starting to look up I think. We only have 2 or 3 real players left in our squad and the last 2 or 3 intakes are looking much better than the first couple (obviously). So when those players get into the first team, we should be able to progress more. Got another training facility upgrade due for next year and then it's going to start taking a few season to build up the finances for each upgrade. Anyway, the grind continues.

Class of 2022

Daan Janssen (05a) - We're losing a player in CB this year, so he looks like he could be a decent replacement.

Brian Spaan (05b) - Can we just have 1 year where we don't get a LB or a GK?.

Class of 2021

Mitchel de Koning (04a) - Looks good, but he's behind van Berlo (02a) and van der Veen (04c) at the moment.

Erdem Yiğat (04b) - Hasn't played much this year, but has some potential.

Remco van der Veen (04c) - Had a really good season in the U19s, but unfortunately he has Kees van Berlo (02a) in his way.

Koos van Halst (04d) - We've got so many center mids older than him in the U19s.

Mike Kuijpers (04e) - Got thrown into the first team and was able to keep his spot. Keep an eye on this guy in the next few years.

Class of 2020

Emre Taylan (03a) - Played pretty well in the first team, but it's a bit concerning that he still hasn't improved much since we got him.

Dennis van der Wal (03b) - Made the DM spot his and averaged over a 7.00 rating in it.

Anouar Scholten (03c) - So close to the first team, but 6 tackling lets him down.

Sebastão Ntyamba (03d) - He's gone after his contract runs out.

Antonio Werleman (03e) - See above.

Class of 2019

Kees van Berlo (02a) - First youth player to average over a 7.00 rating.

Achraf Rahmani (02b) - Probably isn't good enough.

Nathan Felomina (02c) - Don't know what to do with him, he's a solid backup who won't play.

Hüseyin Boşnak (02d) - Still backs up Ed van den Beld (01a), who backs up an original GK.

Muhammad Wijaya (02e)

Lorenzo Babel (02f)

Class of 2018

Ed van den Beld (01a) - If we didn't have a good GK he would play.

Andy de Jong (01b) - Trying to keep him around for tutoring maybe.

Jamal Chihab (01c) - It's funny how he's our leading youth in appearances and he not very good.

Jan van der Heijden (01e) - Took his first team spot this year and was our leading scorer even though he didn't get into double digits.

Felizardo Costa (01f)

2nd Nationality Watch

Morocco x5

Turkey x4

Angola x2

Indonesia x2

Suriname x2

Aruba x1

Curaçao x1

Greece x1

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Dutch Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer                  Most Assists          Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol/Van der Meiracker (16)  Tol (7)               Tol (7.07) 
2018/19   Jupiler League    19th        4th Round      Basic                  Poor                 Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (17)                    Van der Meiracker (7) Van der Meiracker (6.97)   
2019/20   Jupiler League    18th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Adequate            Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (13)                    Oostinjen (10)        Custovic (7.09)  
2020/21   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (14)                    Tol (7)               Van der Heijden (01e) (6.98)  
2021/22   Jupiler League    19th        3rd Round      Adequate               Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    Van der Heijden (01e) (9)   van Berlo (02a) (5)   Veerman (7.06)  

I realised I have not updated any screenshots of my youth prospects, so here are 5 best ones (4 from 1st team and one in U19 squad)

GK: Sigurd Tønnesen (YP02a) - my star goalkeeper, 17 years old and he already has 4,5* ability, with clubs looking to snap him up, but for now he is happy with us, thus making me very happy , because he makes nice saves during matches! :)

DR/WBR/MR: Goran Aasen (YP02b) - after one year he is by far the best DR I have at disposal, with quite nice potential yet to achieve

ST/AMR/AMC: Stian Sunde (YP02c) - U19 striker with good potential, good to have him as I have just one great striker at the moment with no replacement, so he might be moving to 1st team during the upcoming season

MC/DM/AMR: Thomas Vestheim (YP03a) - I finally got a DM though intake, so I am not forced to play my other grey star one, he also has nice current ability right off the start.

DC/DM: Jørn Lorentzen-Bjørkan (YP03b) - Good DC and also DM to use with rotation with Vestheim mentioned above, his 2 stars are as good as the other defender I've been using.

@The_Gato_In_Goal keep plugging away, with those finances and continued survival, you will be in great shape soon with excellent infrastructure and foundations laid :thup:

@Shankly84 eek, close shave there!  Good luck next season

@darren1983 rough one there, but every season in the league system should = increased rep

So close @Duroliponte :( 

Having being a lurker for sometime and watching the progress of others on this thread, I finally decided to step up to the plate and give this a go.  Not the adventurous fella, I stay with my home nation Scotland.  Welcome to Dalbeattie Star aka as The Star.....well we are not known for originality when it comes to nicknames.

Dalbeattiestar.png

Dalbeattie Star

Season 1 - 2017/2018

Starting Profile - Moved as much as I could towards the youth sides of things, as you can see I've modeled my avatar on that creepy 1,000 yard stare guy in your local.

Starting Squad - Not much to go with but I have lucked in with a semi-decent DR and DC along with a competent striker.  Most will have their contract extended for another year at least just to build an experienced base to allow our youth players to play with.

Club background - Basic info.

Season Review

Scottish League Cup - a nice group with a big Premiership side at home gives a bit of a cash boost (little about that later on), 2 rather big losses agaisnt Rangers and Morton are offset by narrow 1-0 wins against Peterhead and Stranraer which gives us a decent confidence boost heading into the start of the season.

Challenge Cup - A narrow 1-0 loss to Annan in a game which truthfully we were never really in.  There's not much money in this so with the small squad I have I'm happy to not have the fixture congestion that comes with this.

Scottish Cup - This is where my best chance of getting some decent finance into the club, but need a fair bit of luck to get there.  Fraserburgh was the first hurdle in the 2nd round and a convincing, if not spectacular, 2-0 saw us into the bag for the third round.  Unfortunately that is where the story of our cup run ends after a through 3-0 thrashing at the hands of Clyde.

League 2  - The aim is too survive by any means necessary but it turns out that The Star are fairly competitive, at least enough to give us a fighting change.  We flirted with the bottom spot but going into the last day of the season we remained in 9th place with Stirling in 10th place 2 points behind (table), as luck would have the last game of the season is away to Stirling.  Game 36 was not pretty and was never going to be but we squeak out a 1-1 draw, doing enough to avoid the relegation playoff.  Stirling would then go onto lose the playoff 2-0 to Cove Rangers. 

Youth Intake - This is where I channeled my inner Oprah Winfrey and he got an contract and he got a contract and everyone gets a contract.  There is not any decent stand out to be honest but enough to bolster my 1st team and have an U20's to get some playing time for the reserves. 

Finances - Oh, this is where it turns nasty.  We have little to no funds, limited shirt sponsor and not a great home crowd.  We'll need a decent injection of cash from somewhere...can you sell the players kidney's on the black market???

Season 2 preview - Look to try and get into the 4th round of the Scottish cup for a decent payday, about the only way I can get some money.  in the league it's still about survival while trying to blend in our few decent youth players into the first team. 

Results to Date:

Season     League    Postion   Challenge Cup   League Cup   Scottish Cup   Traning Facilites   Youth Facilites   Junior Coaching   Youth Recruitment   Avg Attendance  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    League 2  9th       1st Round       Group Stage  3rd Round      Poor                Basic             Adequate          Basic               185 (5% Full)   

Edited by MackieStaggie

11 hours ago, Shakes said:

@darren1983 - I know the feeling of backsliding, and the dread of playing the next year wondering if it'll be quickly forgotten or the new normal. :(

Yeah, have been trying to come up with a new tactical plan today in the hope of getting the best out of my better players.

58 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

@darren1983 rough one there, but every season in the league system should = increased rep

Aye that's true, one exciting/good thing is that I've managed to get our junior coaching up to an excellent level. 

Urgh

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 23.57.45.png

The ;last game was a killer - We were 2-0 up at half time vs the bottom side and their winner came in the 91st  minute :( 

Edited by darren1983

SV Spakenburg - 2022/23

Finally I think we've started the ascent. Our training facilities are at the point where I can actually notice players improving during the year, so that's great. Additionally, our junior coaching is at a point where we can throw youth straight into the first team, which helps their development even more. We have another training facility upgrade due for next fall so that can only get better. We ended up finishing 16th in the league, so better than normal, and we avoided relegation with 3 games to go which we haven't done for a few years. Finances are still the same, cup runs are continuously mediocre, and hopefully next year we can start to improve even more and challenge for promotion in the next 3 or 4 years.

Class of 2023

Erik van Hoof (06a) - Probably could be a replacement for Jamal Chihab (01c), but he'll be in the first team next year regardless.

Rob Bergkamp (06b) - Will be retrained as a CM, but he looks like he could be good in the AP(A) role.

Gijsbert Loukili (06c) - Nice personality, decent stats, has some potential.

Toine Ruijmgaart (06d) - Looks like a fairly decent potential B2B midfielder.

Class of 2022

Daan Janssen (05a) - I'll try to throw him into the first team again next year.

Brian Spaan (05b) - Injured for a lot of the year, but he's an unimportant GK anyways.

Class of 2021

Mitchel de Koning (04a) - Still behind van Berlo (02a) and van der Veen (04c).

Erdem Yiğat (04b) - Played pretty well in the U19s and maybe he could play some RWB for us if he develops.

Remco van der Veen (04c) - Took van Berlo (02a)'s spot and never looked back. He's improved a lot defensively and is good going forward as well.

Koos van Halst (04d) - Not really too good.

Mike Kuijpers (04e) - Improved a lot this year and played pretty well in the first team.

Class of 2020

Emre Taylan (03a) - Still hasn't improved at all which is a shame since he looked really promising.

Dennis van der Wal (03b) - Another good year for the DM who I believe is now captain.

Anouar Scholten (03c) - I think he's almost first team quality, but will struggle to play over the more recent youth.

Sebastão Ntyamba (03d) - He's gone after his contract runs out.

Antonio Werleman (03e) - Let him go cause he wasn't good enough.

Class of 2019

Kees van Berlo (02a) - Didn't play so well and lost his starting spot a LWB.

Achraf Rahmani (02b) - Probably gone at his contract expiry.

Nathan Felomina (02c) - Hopefully he'll stay around for potential tutoring.

Hüseyin Boşnak (02d) - Still backs up Ed van den Beld (01a), who backs up an original GK.

Class of 2018

Ed van den Beld (01a) - Unimportant.

Andy de Jong (01b) - Wouldn't sign a new deal.

Jamal Chihab (01c) - Still a starter, still plays bad.

Jan van der Heijden (01e) - Very, very solid player for us now. Probably the most successful youth so far.

2nd Nationality Watch

Morocco x6

Suriname x4

Turkey x4

Angola x2

Indonesia x2

Aruba x1

Curaçao x1

Greece x1

Career Overview

2017/18   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol/van der Meiracker (16)  Tol (7)               Tol (7.07) 
2018/19   Jupiler League    19th        4th Round      Basic                  Poor                 Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (17)                    van der Meiracker (7) van der Meiracker (6.97)   
2020/21   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (14)                    Tol (7)               van der Heijden (01e) (6.98)  
2021/22   Jupiler League    19th        3rd Round      Adequate               Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (9)   van Berlo (02a) (5)   Veerman (7.06)  
2022/23   Jupiler League    16th        3rd Round      Average                Below Average        Good                Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (16)                    Oostinjen (8)         Oostinjen/van der Wal (03b) (6.91)  

Edited by The_Gato_In_Goal

Port_Talbot_Town_FC_logo.png

Season 08 - 2024-25

The Season As It Happened.....

Preseason
Professional status, but not for us.....  Cefn Druids and Haverfordwest (interestingly both of the newly promoted clubs) have now joined the ranks of the professional clubs, making it 5 in total...  I hate my chairman.
July 2024 and we make a little bit of Port Talbot history, our first win in the Europa League!  We drew part time Cliftonville in the First Qualifying Round and we won both legs!  2-1 away and then 4-0 at home!  The Second Qualifying Round saw us paired with SC Heerenveen from Holland and they were obviously far better than us.  A 1-4 away defeat before reputable 1-1 home draw.  Out again before we start our preseason friendlies, but we won a round! :)

August 24th 2024
First game of the season and it is a biggie, TNS at home.  A 2-2 draw after leading 2-0....  Time to start pulling back a little when I lead against TNS.  No need to do this against others as it stands (for the most part), but this was frustrating.  Granted they are fitter than us and that probably played a part, but Grrrr.

November 2nd 2024
The TNS away game and we are both still unbeaten domestically.  Again we take a 2-0 lead and again they come on strong late in the game, a dodgy penalty pulls it back to 2-1, but we stand tall this time and win!  This moves us top by 1 point.

November 5th 2024
While checking through my on loan players, I check in on Leigh Taylor 2022-A in more detail due to him scoring 10 in 14 games at Aberystwyth.  And his Determination is improving....  Why have I not been loaning my poor Determination kids (who I do not currently have any tutors for) out to clubs and see if there positive squad rubs off on them.....

December 14th 2024
We walked into a home game against bottom of the table Airbus UK on the backs of a record equaling 11 wins in a row and the press were making a big deal of it.  What could go wrong?  Almost everything....  We played poorly in the 1st half and went in 0-0.  We nicked a goal in the second half, but still played poorly.  They then equalized in the 79th minute with their first shot on target.  We continued to play poorly, but then undeservedly bundled in a corner in the 90th minute to keep the streak alive!....  
Gave me a good chance to tear into them, which they hadn't had in a while ;)

December 26th 2024
After another 1-0 win, our streak was finally snapped by 3rd placed Aberystwyth when we drew 2-2 at their place.  We had taken a 2-0 lead, but we were always vulnerable as both of our left backs are out.  A horrible GK mistake let them back in it and then they equalized halfway through the 2nd half.  No further goals, but a rocket from me at full time.  TNS drew as well, so no points lost, but we blew a chance to extend our lead.
Apparently the draw just set a new Port Talbot unbeaten record at 24 games, but still a little down on the result.
We need to hit our stride again soon, to get the good vibes flowing.

January 18th 2025
The last league game before the split and it was a doozy!  We raced to a 2-0 lead and looked comfortable and then Bala hit us for 3 goals in 5 minutes before half time!  We leveled midway through the 2nd half from the penalty spot, before a 77th minute winner sealed it!  Our unbeaten start to the season survives!  P22 W19 D3 L0 and an 8 point gap on TNS....  We play them at home first in the new set of  games after the split, just 3 days after our mickey mouse cup final.

January 26th 2025
A half rotated side took care of business against Connah's Quay 3-0 in the final!

January 29th 2025
We suffered a hangover from the cup final win, but as a measure to the progress the kids have made this year, that equaled a rather dull 0-0 draw against TNS.  Past years, a below par performance against them led to a whooping, but we may have reached parity with them.

February 16th 2025
A random check of my General Club page shows my Owner Status as "Happy to stay", this is a change from 'Enjoying his time at the club" (or similar, I forget the actual text).  Fingers crossed this means his time at the club is entering his twilight phase.  I cannot state how much I dislike this guy!

February 21st 2025
A big pair of results, even though both we and TNS won, we are 10 points ahead with 5 games to go.  We play TNS at their place in two weeks time in the next league game (we also play their next week in the quarter finals of the cup) and if we win the league game, we would win the league for the first time at the enemies ground.....

March 2nd 2025
Youth Candidates 2025!
Luke Gray 2025-A - A professional but aggressive left winger.  Not a position we have a need for at the moment, but you never know!
Pat Barlow 2025-B - We have started to get a run on central defenders with potential and Pat is another one.  Will probably see a lot of u19s or loan action.
Chris John 2025-C - Very similar to Pat, another central defender although temperamental!

March 8th 2025
Oof.  A tight 0-1 loss to TNS in the league.  Champagne put back on ice.  The lead is 7 points with 4 games to go.  The chase for an unbeaten league campaign dies at the 28th games.

April 6th 2025
Champions!!!!  A 3-0 win at home to Carmarthen gave us the points we needed and after 8 years and 4 consecutive 2nd place finished we have finally toppled the giants :)

May 11th 2025
Welsh Cup final time and a very professional performance secures the treble with a 4-1 win!  After so many years of frustration this season has been such a release of joy.

Random Notes / Thoughts
YES!  We have been gradually clawing our way up to TNS over the course of 7 years and this year was the year we bested them!  Now we have to cement this and prove it to not be a one off year.
The squad has nicely evolved over the course of the past 12 months.  Barry Lewis 2022-D has grown into our leading goal threat, Matty Jones 2024-B delivered on his promising potential and made the attacking right back slot his own.  We had 11 kids out on loan this year and a couple shone very brightly.  Leigh Taylor 2022-A scored 22 goals in 32 appearances for Aberystwyth and will be straight into the match day squad for us next year.  Liam Price 2023-G scored a hatful for First Division Rhyl, although he still lacks the pace we need.
Our first taste of Champions League action will come next season, and we should be able to start our preseason 2 weeks later as I think we will start in the Second Qualifying Round.
We are now worse off financially than ever, with the Junior Coaching costs outstripping anything we can bring in currently.  Two cash injections totaling ~200k helped, but cannot fix.
Our training facilities have had their categorization downgraded due to technological advancements, now only Below Average.
I think this close season will see a landmark occasion for the club, as we let our last non youth product leave the club.  Club captain Thomas Silva is 32 and not featuring much anymore.  Time to let go and be officially fully youth only :thup:
It has been one hell of a season, starting off with our first European tie win and finishing with our first league title and the domestic treble!

End of Season Screenshots
League Table
Results - League / Cups
Transfers
End of Season Awards
* Player of The Year 1st Place - Jordan Martin 2018-D (42%)
* Player of The Year 2nd Place - Mark Heyes 2020-B (32%)
* Player of The Year 3rd Place - Barry Lewis 2022-D (16%)

Season 09 Targets
* Try to retain the title
* Enjoy our first Champions League action

Edited by Braumiller
words are hard...

atlantis.png

Atlantis FC Season 1 2017

So to start of, we survived!!! it took to the final day of the season but we did it. Overall it was a hard season with our best 2 players away on international duty with Curacao for about half of the season but we managed to hang on to to survival with a 3-3 draw with KTP on the final day of the season to keep us up in the Ykkonen.

Youth Intake- http://imgur.com/a/do4yG

Pretty Good Youth Intake. Ari Hiltunen 17A (http://imgur.com/a/ReMXb) is a player who already is becoming a first team player and I am currently retraining him to be a CM as he is currently a LM. He also scored the final day off the season with the goal to give us a 1 goal lead which meant their 90th minute equalizer didn't send us down. The other notable player from this intake is Mattie Tilvitie 17B (http://imgur.com/a/p2uI1) a GK who will hopefully become a starter soon. No second nationalities surprisingly but a youth facility upgrade should make next years even better

Table- http://imgur.com/a/uxbRb

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST. We outdid KTP by a point as our final day draw ended sending them down. We were apparently overachievers of the year as we surpassed pre-season expectations of 10th. Again spent most of the season with a small amount of players the reserve goalkeeper had to play 3 games in the outfield so we have done outstandingly well in staying up. We also reached the second round in the Suommen Cup as we only lost to HJK (the best team in Finland) in the group stage

Season XI- http://imgur.com/a/MlRdp

Edited by GloryFan2002

@Braumiller Congratulations on finally getting that title! Hopefully the cash from the Champions League will help get your finances sorted out.

We've had a great start to the season, picking up 13 points in the opening 5 games. We just got hit with a major injury though, Yassin Mohamed, our star left wing back has just gone down with a damaged Achilles Tendon and will miss 4 to 5 months. Our back up retired in the summer so we will be forced to play some of our youngsters, and our best prospect at the position is out for the next 2 weeks as well.

The next few weeks are going to be interesting, we need someone to step up massively if we want have a good chance at promotion. 

@Braumiller Congrats! Great to see you get your first of what I'm certain will be many league titles. Also cool to see Haverfordwest being promoted and turning pro, hopefully they can establish themselves as a good welsh team in the years to come. Good luck in the CL-qualifiers, its possible to get some lucky draws and quickly get into the third round. And anything can happen from there on in, I should know:D

Edited by MCPlay

So in the second season our luck ran out. Despite starting with 5 straight wins (I thought we'd be going up haha) we were relegated with one game to go and I was sacked the following day. So I'll be back to the drawing board. Going to start again tonight. Not sure what country to go for yet.

Hi all,

Decided to give this challenge a try for the first time. Can somebody please direct me to the screen where I can view the promoted teams? Also, having gone on holiday until 5th June in Austria, I didn't get a league reset until 16th June, is this just a typo in the first post?

2 minutes ago, AliG said:

Hi all,

Decided to give this challenge a try for the first time. Can somebody please direct me to the screen where I can view the promoted teams? Also, having gone on holiday until 5th June in Austria, I didn't get a league reset until 16th June, is this just a typo in the first post?

Could be a typo, but you can search "Austria" and then click on the nation, then mouse over "overview" in the top left, and then click on "season summary"

It should be somewhere in their under "Promoted teams" from whatever the lower division is.

1 hour ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Could be a typo, but you can search "Austria" and then click on the nation, then mouse over "overview" in the top left, and then click on "season summary"

It should be somewhere in their under "Promoted teams" from whatever the lower division is.

Thanks, found it now!

Thanks for the welcome @Braumiller and congrats on the first of undoubtedly many titles in Wales.

Dalbeattiestar.png

Dalbeattie Star

Season 2 - 2018/2019

Senior Squad

Goalkeepers - Keeping Willie MacLeod as my first choice and Frank Polworth as the reserve keeper.  Halfway through the season Frank starts making demands to play but is not near the standard (nor is Willie but he's the better choice) and starts throwing his toys out of the pram.  Needless to say Frank will not be getting a contract extension by the end of the year.

Defenders - Added 3 players for the youth set up into the senior squad to make up the numbers, our captain Fabio Capuano who was a standout last season had a poor season by his standard leading him to being replaced after Jan with one of out youth players Grant Loy (2018) for a few weeks in a bit to give him a rest.  It worked and Fabio picked up his form in the vital run in to the end of the season.  All defenders will be given a contract extension.

Midfielders - Gary Johnstone 2018 was brought into the senior team to provide a little depth into the team.  James Batty proved to be a bit injury prone with a few non-serious injuries but was a key player when he did play.  Again all players will be getting a contract extension.

Strikers - The goals from Higgens and Wood from last season ran dry this season, not sure why and it took a fair number of tweks to the 4-4-2 formation to get it back rolling again.  Due to a decent find in the Youth Intake which I'll come to latter Greg Wood will not be returning, he suffered a number of serious injuries this season and sadly has seen his stats drop quite a bit.

Season Review

Scottish League Cup - No major big team for a bumper away day fund, but some tough teams to play and it shows.  Only one point gained after losing the penalty shootout for the extra point.  Still was not expecting much here.

Challenge Cup - This was rather embarrassing.  A game in which we were next to useless, the 1-0 defeat to Hamilton Accies U20's flatters us.  This should have been a warning for the season ahead tbh.

Scottish Cup - This was where I was hoping to get a decent run into the 4th round to gain some money and we got that.....kind of.  Narrowly beating Clachnacuddin and Stirling Albion in the 2nd and 3rd rounds sets up a home tie to St Johnstone.  Unfortunately the game was postponed on the Saturday and was rescheduled for the following Wednesday which may explain the rather poor attendance.  Still decent prize money at this level to getting this far in.

League 2  - Aim once again was survival and this was a brutally tough season to go through.  Spending most our time sitting in 10th but never far off it looked as if it was a relegation playoff for survival.  However the fixtures gave me a fighting chance going into the last game of the season.  I was only 1 point behind Peterhead where I had a home game against 4th place Elgin while Peterhead travel to League champions Arbroth.  Could the Star survive, could we get lucky.......oh yes we did.  A 2-1 win against Elgin and a 4-2 defeat for Peterhead means that once again we escape the relegation playoff.  Peterhead would then go on to lose that playoff 4-2 to Gretna 2008.  I seem to be a jinx at the moment.

Finances  - A bit better due to a semi decent cup run, still not enough for the chairman to develop our facilities however.

Youth Intake 2019

After filling up in last season intake, it's time to be more selective.  I decided anyone showing at least 3 star potential was going to have that chance to show their worth on a youth contract, so what did we get?  

Lewis McLean (2019) - The gem in the dirt, a striker with a current ability of 3 star puts him as our 2nd best striker at the moment.  He'll be going straight into the senior team but not necessary the starting 11, want to be careful with him.

Frank Paterson (2019) and Alex Gray (2019) - since we are losing our reserve keeper signed both to play in the U20's while the current U20 keeper gets brought into the 1st team.

Simon Wedge (2019) - Needing a DL so brought in, decent potential but sadly low determination, will see if I can tutor with a senior play to buck that up.

Peter Reid (2019) - Central defender with decent potential, will give him a chance in the U20 and look to see if i can loan him out at some stage.

Kyle Ballantyne (2019) - the U20 team is lacking in CM and 1st team is not exactly swimming in talent in that area either, another one will do no harm

Ronnie Carmichael (2019) - An attacking midfielder I plan to train as a CM if not an AML or AMR, will see how my tactic develops.

Season developments

At the end of the season, I got the message through that my chairman was looking to step aside.  It's still in the early stages so may not come to anything but fingers crossed I get one of those rich Saudi Sheikhs whose love of Scotland turns him towards The Star.......more likely I'll get a dodgy local businessman.

Season 3 preview - Like an episode of Pinky and The Brain, it's the same thing we do every night.  Try to take over th.......I mean avoid relegation and get a decent cup run.

Season     League    Postion   Challenge Cup   League Cup   Scottish Cup   Traning Facilites   Youth Facilites   Junior Coaching   Youth Recruitment   Avg Attendance  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    League 2  9th       1st Round       Group Stage  3rd Round      Poor                Basic             Adequate          Basic               185 (5% Full)   
2018/19    League 2  9th       1st Round       Group Stage  4th Round      Poor                Basic             Adequate          Basic               142 (4% Full)  

Edited by MackieStaggie

Bilderesultat for county haverfordwest

Season 24

2040/2041

League Table | Transfers | Season Review

Dafabet Welsh Premier League

19 in a row. Lost a game :(

Cup runs

2 of 2.

Champions League

Amazing performance in the CL groupstage this year. Beat Anderlecht in the first game, and then drew against Juve and Arsenal while massively dominating both games. Then we played Juventus out of the park at home, and ran out 4-1 winners before Arsenal brought us back to earth in a 5-0 loss. We qualified for the knock-out stages of the CL for the first time! The draw was pretty kind to us and we fancied our chances against Sporting.  A good home game petered out in a kind of disappointing 0-0 draw, before we totally collapsed in Portugal. We lost 4-1 as our goalie had a very poor game, we conceded in the first minute thanks to him deflecting a cross into his own net. And he screwed up on 2 of the other goals aswell.

Incredibly disappointing end to an amazing european campaign. Dave Owen 14B will remember that game in Portugal for a long time, and hopefully it inspires him to improve.

Youth Setup:

Youth Intake

A pretty meh intake by the looks of it. The best player is a 4-star rated left back. But only time can tell what will become of this bunch.

Big Fat Goalie Challenge:

Dave Owen 14B - 70 Goals. 8 this season, 2 free kicks. A bounce-back season scoring-wise. 8 Goals is very acceptable.

Danny Roberts Challenge

The aim in this Challenge is to get a player to score 1000 goals during his career, national team goals count.

Most goals:

Huw Price 4A - 447 goals in 669 games. The legend has retired.

Jacob Davies 10D - 391 goals in 354 games. Has left the club, so wont add to this. Is currently playing week-in and week out for the elevator team that is Burnley.

Matthew Rees 18A - Club: 286 goals in 264 games. 45 goals in  50 games this season. International: 9 Goals in 27 caps. 5 goals in 10 caps this year.

Total:  295 Goals

A pretty disappointing scoring season, that saw him come in at a paltry third place in the league top scorer race. 5 international goals was very nice though. Hopefully he will bounce back next year, we need him to grab 60+.

Semi-Interesting stuff

The amazing striker Bangor City bought before the season was crowned the Welsh Premier League top scorer with 25 goals in 30 games. He teared up the cup competitions aswell, adding 14 in 6 games there. The other teams keep adding decent players from Ireland and N. Ireland, great to see.

Jordan Jones 22B is starting to look insanely good, I might have screwed up not going for the Danny Roberts with him, but I am trying to mould him into a supporting striker. His development has been phenomenal no matter how you look at it.

I also for the first time have gotten some affiliated clubs from abroad. We have managed to negotiate a youth setup affiliation with three clubs, which should see us get more youngsters from abroad. Hopefully a scottish or irish star will turn up!

On 27/11/2016 at 20:38, Shakes said:

@QSF25 - The problem is Gibraltar has no promotion to the lowest playable league, so it doesn't meet the criteria of taking a previously unplayable team for the same reason that eg Republic of Ireland doesn't.

Wait... could I only make the top division playable and holiday a year and wait for a team to get up?

1 minute ago, QSF25 said:

Wait... could I only make the top division playable and holiday a year and wait for a team to get up?

You could do that, and Gibraltar would no doubt be quite a challenge to play that way, it just wouldn't be this challenge.

2 minutes ago, Shakes said:

You could do that, and Gibraltar would no doubt be quite a challenge to play that way, it just wouldn't be this challenge.

Oh well, I wanted to to kill three birds with one stone. 

• Academy Youth Challenge
  • Low league to Top League Challenge
  • Gibraltar Challenge.

I might need to look for wales then? Is wales rep lower than Gibraltar?

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C. 

Season 1 – 2017/2018

Squad // League Table First Phase // League Table Relegation Stage // Transfers

My first season in this years challenge and it was solid. But 2 days in i feared the worst. My very good goalkeeper got an offer from a professional club in the 2nd division and accepted and declined my offer i already made on my first day. Since he was – like the whole team at the beginning only on an amateur contract – there was not much i could do. All my other goalkeepers have really bad ratings and no potential. So this key position will be a challenge. Because my best striker got an heavy injury and my best midfielder refused to sign a contract because he wants to retire, i sensed bad days ahead for us. But that wasn't the case.

With Joao Gomes another striker stepped up and made the goals for us. And Rui Costa is far from retiring. Yes, he doesn't want to sign contracts anymore, but as an amateur he plays and he plays great. Solid stats overall and he can help us in a few positions. With this two players leading the pack we had never any fear to get relegated. At the end i experimented a little bit, otherwise we even could have finished 2nd instead of 4th in the relegation stage.

The Youth Intake: A lot of promising youngsters. Unfortunately the only goalkeeper is far from first team ready. Some highlights are:

- Luis Paulinho (YP01a): Promising left back and maybe future captain. Gets straight in the first team and will be a regular starter in my 2nd season.
- Leonardo Lobato (YP01b): low determation (like a lot of players in my squad, which leads to the rest declincing shockingly rapid) and i didn't play defensive mids in my first season. But will maybe change that in the future. For now he stays in the youth team, gets  retrained as a central mid, so he has more versatility.
- Francisco Funenga (YP01c) + Wilson Funenga (YP01d) alias The Funenga Cousins: We've so many talented central defenders (there were already 4 youngsters with 5-star-potential at the club). Here are two more. Will both stay in the youth team for now. Wilson will be retrained as a right defender, which should make him to a perfect rotation player for the defense.
- Jose Joao (YP01e): see Lobato
- José Trindade (YP01f): very much needed player for the left midfield. But far from first team ready yet
- Marius Toader (YP 01g): A very good finisher. And since our best striker Luizinho is again injured for 4 months, he will maybe make a few appearences in the first team.

Next season i will mostly rely on the players already at the club, especially 18 year old youngster Rodolfo Machado who developed in a first team central defender and who decided to stay at the club and extend his contracts despite a lot of offers from professionals teams in the 2nd division. The goal is to get more points than last year in the first stage. And maybe, maybe. Since we have no professional club in the first stage this year (last year: 2 pro clubs) and no team which looks really that impressive, maybe we have a shot of making it into the Promotion Stage.

Something else: We had good finances at the beginning, which helped me getting my first two coaching licences. But now the money is gone and it's going downhill. At the end of the 2nd season we could be 300k in debt. Only income at the moment is: my coaches are poached from other clubs and 3 of them are now managers...

Edited by Kazushi80

@darren1983 Sorry your season was such a let down after the success of last year, I am rooting for you as a fellow player in England. I am really struggling in league 2 so far.

@MackieStaggie Another solid season under your belt and Lewis McLean looks like a very good player, hopefully he can make the difference for you next season.

@Braumiller Well done! Amazing to have overcome TNS, fingers crossed it's the platform for Port Talbot to become professional.

I have just two goalkeepers on my books in my first season and now one of them has picked up a 6-7 week injury. What are the rules on selecting a grey GK on the bench as cover or do I just have to bite the bullet and play an outfield player in goal if it comes to it?

1 hour ago, AliG said:

I have just two goalkeepers on my books in my first season and now one of them has picked up a 6-7 week injury. What are the rules on selecting a grey GK on the bench as cover or do I just have to bite the bullet and play an outfield player in goal if it comes to it?

The way I've played it: Grey players only allowed to take the pitch when you have fewer than 11 real players. That means grey players can sit on the bench to meet league rules but can't play unless they absolutely have to. So no grey keepers unless you have no fit real outfielders to play in goal.

@Sanno11 cheers man, this season is proving to be just as hard (only 5 wins by middle of Jan) league two is tough, I thought the national league was hard but this is something else. Good luck in your season.

Greek Youth Adventure - Season 9

htMf2.png

Another season in our adventure, with some minor advancement, but the first season we played entirely youth products. We had three older player but I kept them in the Reserves all season to help tutor some of the youngsters. In this circumstance we did our usual selves, finishing 5th in the League and being eliminated in the Quarter-Finals of the Cup after a thriller match with Panathinaikos. So we qualified for the European Playoff where we performed poorly and finished dead last, but still qualified for Europe as Pan. the champions also won the cup. In the Europa League we entered the group stage with Tottenham, Braga and Dnipr, and a scrappy win in Portugal was enough to see us get through the knockout rounds, where we lost against Munchengladbach in a shameful manner. Still, the first time we progressed from the groups.

Our Finances are looking stronger than ever, at some point (although I don't exactly know why) we were the number one ranked team in all of Greece. Maybe it has something to do with the Takeover we went through the middle of the season. This also came with Upgrades to the Youth and Training Facilities and the Youth Development budget. Things are really looking great there, with our sources of financing increasing pretty much and we made a profit of 6.5 million last financial year.

An intense Transfer activity this season, but all of them going out, and I expect more of it to come next season as we are beginning to offload players not reaching their potential.  Performers of the season are: D Korouthianakis 24a - top scoarer and most MoM, T Andreadakis 19a - highest average rating, C Ntoupis 17a - most assists. Good performance for two of the prospects from last year's intake, as G Stergiopoulos 25e and S Vasilakakis 25b managed to get straight into the first team. Pretty large Youth Intake this season, as beginning with this season for the first time I didn't take all the player for long-term, but released the 4 worst prospects. Excited about this player as we lacked some depth in MC.

Our objectives for next season are simple: qualify for Champions League!