FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ilkeston F.C Season 4

65Nqm16.png

League| Squad | Finances |Transfers| Youth Intake|FA cup

Season Overview

I began this season with a revised system, in anticipation of us being outclassed most weeks. We were definitely outclassed in those first four weeks but I had a suspicion my tinkering was the problem. We reverted back to a how we played last season, with a little more attacking intent. It didn't prove to be the perfect solution, but we won 7 from our next 10 to sit safely mid table and to give us a bit of breathing room for the rest of the season. We slowly drifted into a period of inconsistency after this run and slowly drifted down the table. I really felt the amount of games taking it's toll on the small squad, with the addition of the cup run we had we just looked a bit sluggish. We kept chipping away and secured a huge win 4-1 over 21st placed club Sutton utd, despite playing with 10 men from the 2nd minute. We were not safe until the penultimate game of the season however, our form had picked up with 7 games to go and we managed 3 wins to finish the season in style. We survived and finished in 16th.

The highlight of this season was the hugely beneficial cup run. We were lucky with the draw and saw off fellow relegation threatened Stalybridge, VNN Dulwich and regional prem Dorchester after a reply. In the third round we drew Yeovil away (massive disappointment, no offence to Yeovil fans). We led 2-0 before being pegged back and taken to a home reply. Then the forth round draw happened and now the winner will play Man Utd. With a massive payoff for the winner at stake we turned in a hugely confident home performance that saw us beat Yeovil 2-1 and reach the forth round. Against Man Utd at home, I just let the team go for it, as if playing any other home game. We were 1-2 down in the 90+3 minute and I expected the final whistle, however a long freekick into the area, after a flick on from our veteran Anton Brown it dropped to Glenn Leverock (YP20b) and he tucked it in! Pandemonium!. In the reply, they missed a penalty and had a man sent off but still managed a 1-0 win. We netted around 1.3 million from this adventure.

Top Performers

Steven Mullarkey (YP18e) Played every single one of our 56 games, can be a bit hot and cold with amazing saves and horrible errors but overall now our best player according to assistant.

Ross Hope (YP18b) Keeps on improving and was more than equal to the step up in class, managed 22 goals this season.

Connor Brindley (YP19c) A great season for Connor, breaking Ilkeston's assist record, with 15 for year. Now one of the first names on team sheet.

Youth Intake

Another disappointing intake overall. I have to believe my brilliant HOYD will eventually turn this around, I will give him another season, but he has not had the impact I expected.

Omar Rowan (YP21a) He is a bit of a specimen, 6ft 4, quick and good off the ball, I didn't need a striker really but he should become a great member of the squad, he scored both goals in a 2-0 win on the final day of the season and became the youngest goalscorer in the Vanarama National (Just spotted his tag is wrong)

Steven Noble (YP21b)  Another striker, but he can also play out wide. Will have to be patient but will be given a chance

Aaron Clifton (YP21c) A really quick full back who will become second choice in the squad, needs work technically but I am optimistic about his future

Club overview

With the clubs position in the league secure for another year and the great cup run, Ilkeston are Looking good. With the money we have won this season I have had upgrades agreed to junior coaching, youth and training facilities. I believe the money will cover it, should leave about 200k to spare. So even if we don't have immediate success on the pitch we will soon have the infrastructure in place to produce some real talent.

Summary

A really positive season and one that sets Ilkeston up nicely for years. We coped well in this division and with my best youth players all a year older I would hope we can just become a little more consistent next year.

@Sanno11 - I guess I'll congratulate the right person on the cup run this time. :D

I'm lucky to have the best board ever, asked for youth recruitment, youth coaching and youth facility upgrades in the off season and got them all. We'll go broke but that's tomorrow's problem! :thup:

Amsterdamsche_FC_logo.png

AFC - Season 2018/19

League - We survived on the last day. Very poor season. And look at Doordrecht, they finished 20th last season!

Squad - Our squad is shrinking at an alarming rate.

Transfers - No business as usual.

Youth Intake - Even worse than last year, the future of AFC isn't bright.

Top 3 Senior Players

Pepijn Kluin - Topscorer, but doesn't sign a professional contract.

Johan Kulhan - Injured in the last match of the season.

Jordi van Gelderen - Ex-Captain and soon to be Ex-Player.

Top 3 Youth Players

Ruud van Dijk - I gave him some games but he didn't play very well, and he seems to be a real dijk.

Jeffrey Vet - Has zero potential but looks decent enough for a backup player already.

Dusan Sobot - A much needed midfielder, shame he's so bad.

Career Overview

Season   | League           | Position   | Achievements        
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Jupiler League      18th         survived!
2018/19   Jupiler League      19th

Club Overview

Season | Est. Value | Stadium | Training Fac.| Youth Fac. | J. Coaching | Recruitment
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    €2.3M       2,000       Poor          Basic        Basic         Basic 
2018/19    €4.6M       2,000       Basic         Poor         Basic      Fairly Basic

Selkirkfc.png

SELKIRK FC - SEASON SIX - 2022/23

Scottish Cup - Betfred Cup - Challenge Cup

League Table:

We improved but it wasn't a big step, we Same position as last season, we seem to lose form at the end of the season, really we could've finished 6th.

Squad:

We are slowly getting there, maybe another 2 seasons and we can push for the play off places.

Transfers:

Finances:

We aren't in the red but we are close, desperately needing an away tie at Celtic!

Youth Intake:

A few who could improve but no one of note.

Youth Watch:

Gerry Noble YP21a is improving and will probably one day command a good fee but happy to keep him here as long as we can.

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		SPFL2		10th		
2018/19		SPFL2		9th		
2019/20		SPFL2		8th 
2020/21		SPFL2		10th
2021/22		SPFL2		9th		
2022/23		SPFL2		9th

Image result for sv spakenburg

SV Spakenburg - 2017/18

Jupiler League | League Table | Dutch Cup | Transfers | Squad | FacilitiesFinances | Best 11 

Solid enough first season I'd say. We started very terribly, but luckily for us, Eindhoven started even worse, and by mid-season, we switched tactic to a defensive 4-2-2-2 with 2 DMs and 2 CMs and that saw us start to pick up some points for a stretch of about 10 games. At that point, we were 11 or so points ahead of relegation and I'd thought we would coast the rest of the season and avoid relegation. Then Eindhoven started to win games and caught up with us and by the penultimate match of the season, we were ahead of Eindhoven by 3 points. We managed to pull out a 1-0 win away to De Graafschap and secured our place in the division. Financially, the money keeps flowing in and I was able to successfully ask for training and youth facility upgrades as well as increased junior coaching and even a youth recruitment upgrade. That said, our facilities still have much to be desired and it might be a couple of years before we produce some half decent prospects.

As for youth, the level of quality in the league and my team makes it hard for any youth to really break into the first team, especially when our facilities are so poor as is. As you can see, nobody really had any good potential, but we had a few who i think can outgrow my assistant's judgement.

Class of 2018

Ed van den Beld (01a) - I like this guy. Some good technicals and mentals and outstanding physicals. I think he can be a solid keeper in the future for us, but he's not quite 1st team quality yet.

Andy de Jong (01b) - He's apparently got potential, but I don't play wingers and he doesn't look good in any other position (he's not even a good winger tbh)

Jamal Chihab (01c) - Not a very promising player as a short, weak, not technically gifted center back, but my assistant thinks he has some potential. Plus he's the first of my Moroccan/Dutch pair.

Rzeni Anillo Saidi (01d) - The second Moroccan/Dutchman looks better. We desperately need fullbacks and 13 determination and work rate are very well-suited for the role.

Jan van der Heijden (01e) - Not rated according to the assistant, but he's got some decent technicals, and some great mentals. 15 work rate, 15 determination, and 13 teamwork are outstanding. I also like his professional personality.

Felizardo Costa (01f) - My assistant doesn't rate him at all, but my favorite mental stats (especially for midfielders) are teamwork, decisions, and work rate. With 16, 11, and 11 in those stats, I think he could develop to a quality player. Plus he's got Angolan as a 2nd nationality.

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Dutch Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer                  Most Assists     Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol/Van der Meiracker (16)  Tol (7)          Tol (7.07)  

Bilderesultat for county haverfordwest

Season 21

League Table | Transfers | Season Review

Dafabet Welsh Premier League

16 in a row. 90 pointsand an unbeaten season. Hopefully we can beat our old record of 90 games unbeaten!

Cup runs

2 of 2, just keep rackin' up those trophies.

Europa League

Fixtures

We lost to Steaua Bucuresti in the CL play-off on penatlies, which meant we had to take on the Europa League. We advanced from a group consisting of Spartak Moscow, Ludogorets and Besiktas, in 2nd place with 8 points. We then drew Atletic Bilbao. Both games ended 1-1, both they were unforunately too strong in extra time, and pulled away for a 3-1 win. Hopefully we can make som real strides in this competition at some point.

Youth Setup:

Phil Wilson 21A

Nothing too exciting, the best prospect is a left back, which we have been crying out for for 10 years now. My re-positioning of a couple of players have left us with decent cover at that position, but if Phil Wilson 21A can make strides he will surely claim that spot as his own.

Big Fat Goalie Challenge:

Dave Owen 14B - 53 Goals. 10 this season, 5 free kicks. Has now amassed 20 caps, by far the most of any Haverfordwest player.

Danny Roberts Challenge

The aim in this Challenge is to get a player to score 1000 goals during his career, national team goals count.

Most goals:

Huw Price 4A - 432 goals in 625 games. 27 goals in 38 games this season. Due to Davies 10D leaving and an injury hit season for a couple other choices Huw found himself playing a lot more games this season than the last few. He really had a late career resurgence, conjuring up great performances throughout the season. Also added 16 assist. It's great to see that our legend still has some magic in him. Got third place for Welsh Player of the Year, amazing at 33 years old.

Jacob Davies 10D - 391 goals in 354 games. Has left the club, so wont add to this. Proved to be good enough for the Championship level, scoring 14 times in 33 starts for Burnley. By far the best season of any of my guys who have moved to England.

Matthew Rees 18A - 141 goals in 130 games. 62 goals in 44 games this season. Great season for Matthew, and it hasn't gone unnoticed. He was named Welsh Player of the Year for the third consecutive time, and clubs such as Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal have all been listed as interested during the season. After the season bids have come in from Everton and Tottenham, but when I told him he wouldn't be allowed to leave he was happy with that. Hopefully he will keep being contet with playing for us, because with such teams interested I think we could have a real gem on our hands.

Semi-interesting stuff

So I have reached 1000 games, no mean feat. My master thesis might be suffering a bit, but you got to prioritize, right?:rolleyes:

29liky9.jpg

Season 2017/2018

League table - Cups - Facilities - Finances - Transfers - Manager profile

It was a first season to remember with The Shire. We surprised everybody with our attacking style og football and came in 6th place. Never in any danger of getting relegated, so first season was most definitely a huge succes.

During the season we made a small deficit despite of an okay cup run (Falkirk in 4th round) and the final position price money was like 40K. I took the screenshot a little to early, so it will so a surplus.

This seasons profile has to my topscorer and assist maker Jordan MacRae.

The Youth intake was very good compared to what the team needed, so it was a very exiting first year. I signed all of them, so now there is finally some depth in the team!

I have chosen to "mark/tag" these 2 youngsters:

Jack Donaldson - He looks like a starter CD for years to come, especially when he is a lefty. I managed to start him 8 games already and he has not disappointed.

Allan Mackay - He can cover the central positions and the right wing. 2 positions  where I really needed a cover player. Hopefully he will develop into a starter at some point.

I just realized that all screenshots I took are with a different currency (danish). I will try to remember to change it for the next update.

JDWT2Eb.gif

Førde IL season 6:

Intake - All of the top three candidates for the first team. Abrahamsen lacks a bit of pace/acceleration, but the others would be in and around the first team immediately. 

Review/Table - In short: We did it. The original plan was to let the defence do the job and make the most out of counter attacks, but when we were 3-0 down home against Fredrikstad after 29 mins in round 5, we changed our approach. If we are going down, we might as well try to play good fotball in the process. 3-5-2 was introduced and, despite a few setbacks, we started to play some brilliant football from time to time. We struggled to convert our chances and let in (too) many easy goals the other way, but the domination in both posession and chances was encouraging. Still, it wasn't until the last 10 games we started to win games. I was about to raise the white flag when we turned it around away against Tromsø. From there on in we drew against the bottom teams and beat several of teams chasing promotion. The win against Tromsdalen in the final match meant we got clear of the relegation play off as well. Just a brilliant end to a tough season. 

For the future - We are moving in to a new stadium and have improved junior coaching to a "good" level, so we are moving in the right direction. Squad personality has reverted to Loyal after being professional, so that is a setback. Doubt we will go pro anytime soon, will probably have to get promoted first. The new resolute HoYD hasn't really impressed so far, might have to do with his coaching style, but I'm not sure. Don't have any good candidates to replace him, so he will get a few more chances. In one of the next updates I will do a introduction to the squad, so those interested will get to know the players. Until then, onwards and upwards!

Port_Talbot_Town_FC_logo.png

Season 04 - 2020-21

The Season As It Happened...

Preseason
Our second time around in the very first round of Europa League qualifying and I have not got down getting even semi ready for these games!  We lost 6-2 on aggregate to Bosnian outfit Zrinjski, with their professional fitness telling again.  We did however score our first European goals, even briefly taking a 2-1 lead in the first leg with Michael Shrimpton 2018-A and then Jordan Martin 2018-D scoring
the goals!
Again, we received a total of around 280k for it, which we immediately went to the boardroom with.  They denied my pleas for turning professional, but did throw me a breadcrumb by agreeing to up our Junior Coaching again, now to excellent!  Two edged sword though, as we will get more rounded youths at the get-go, but it is going to hurt our bank balance and I need one for turning Pro....
All 3 Welsh teams in the Europa League fell at the first hurdle.  TNS in the Champions League qualifiers won their first round tie and then took Dinamo Tblisi to penalties but lost in the 2nd round!

Late August 2020
The worst possible combination of starting league games and they held true to our fears.  Away at the rejuvenated Bangor City and we got hit 0-4.  We were not THAT bad, but we had to go chasing the game and got caught on the counter.  Then our first home game was against TNS...  I actually went in more defensive and it worked a treat until a beautiful 90th minute free kick broke our hearts.  Played 2, lost 2, scored 0 conceded 5.....

Early September 2020
The antidote for our league fixtures was a home MG Cup game against Airbus UK.  We romped it 4-0, but nothing ever comes easy... Injuries to Michael Shrimpton 2018-A and Rob Martin 2018-B (both 4-6 weeks) put a dampener on things.

November 18th 2020
Finally we break our recent hoodoo against TNS with a fantastic 3-0 win in the semi final of the MG Cup.  Thomas Silva with the hat-trick and hope that he is finally settling into his new shadow striker role (Mark Heyes 2020-B is now our left midfielder of choice)

January 24th 2021
We win the MG Cup for the second time in our history and second time in 4 years.  An easy 3-0 win in the final against 'non league' Connah's Quay saw us double our silverware total!   No European place given for this cup :(  Which may be important, as our transition year away from a couple of the old guard has seen us slide a little and sit in 4th place as the Championship stage of the league season kicks off in 3 days.

February 14th 2021
Injury siren!!!!  My outstanding youth from last year, Mark Heyes 2020-B has broken his leg :(  Out for 6-7 months this is a bitter blow!

March 3rd 2021
Youth Candidates 2021!
Steve Taylor 2021-A - A really nice looking central defender prospect.  We had a lot of defensive kids last year, but none were as rounded attribute wise as Steve.  Will be looking to give him sub appearances this season with an eye to first team action next season.
Michael Lloyd 2021-B - A versatile central midfielder.  I have a lot of options in the middle of the park currently, but I may be letting some go at the end of the season
Gareth Bonnell 2021-C - Another versatile central midfielder.  Would love to get a true defensive minded midfielder to either play at DM or retrain as a full back...
Liam Maggs 2021-D - A nice looking left sided midfielder.  Might give this kid some starts this year while Mark Heyes 2020-B is out with his broken leg
Michael Davies 2021-E - Youth GK prospect
Alex Webber 2021-F - Whadya know, another versatile midfielder!  Love the teamwork and work rate on this kid, may give him an edge
Scott Hurley 2021-G - A full back, who is lacking technically more than our low level normal.  I may need a new DR backup though after this season, so he might get a chance or two down the line

May 2nd 2021
The board just injected 80k into the club, in addition to 60k last month.  We are still 20k in the red, the junior coaching costs are keeping us in the red (but are very necessary!)

May 5th 2021
Last day of the season and we are sitting in 3rd, one point behind 2nd (but they are away to TNS) and one point ahead of 4th.  We win comfortably as expected, 3-1 and TNS take care of business!  Final position of 2nd again :thup:

Random Notes / Thoughts
We struggled during the middle of the season and only after too many games did I realize it was my fault!  I made a seemlingly minor tactical change, my Defensive Midfielder (Defend) to a Deep Lying Playmaker (Defend), as it suited the player better and I was hoping for more through balls.  The through balls actually dried up and therefore the number of chances created and goals scored did as well.  Turns out when we had the chance for a through ball, they played the ball to the usually wide open and deep lying playmaker....  A switch back and we started rolling again :mad:
Our starting XI on the final day now sports 9 youth graduates which I am happy about.  Just Joe Jones (24 yr old DC) and Thomas Silva (28 yr old ML/AMC) are hanging around, as they probably will for a while yet.

The newly installed reserves side came 2nd in their league behind TNS, only losing twice in 24 games.  The u19s won their league for the 3rd year in a row, this year unbeaten!  They won 20 and drew 4 in their league.

There will be a fairly substantial overhaul of the staff this summer.  Everyone is on 1 year contracts (as that is all I can offer) and they have been here 2-4 years each, and each year they ask for more money.  Time to bring in new guys, hopefully on less money and also to get more Determined staff.

End of Season Screenshots
League Table
Results - League / Cups
Transfers
End of Season Awards
* Player of The Year 1st Place - Jordan Martin 2018-D (75%)
* Player of The Year 2nd Place - Mark Heyes 2020-B (11%)
* Player of The Year 3rd Place - Thomas Silva (8%)

Season 04 Targets
* Overhaul the clubs staff
* Let a lot of the fringe, low Determination kids go
* Continue to bring on the long term viable kids
* Put in a good showing in the Europa League games

@Braumiller I had big problems with the first qualifying rounds aswell. It's impossible to get any match fitness going before those games it seems. I think I had the most luck when I didn't try to play any friendlies before the qualifier. Well done on another trophy and 2nd place!

XaW - Imortal - 2020/21

Imortal_DC.png

Table | Past postitons | Squad | Transfers | Finances

After the great success we had last season with the promotion, I was very unsure what to expect. I didn't know what the difference in skill was between Campeonato de Portugal Prio and Ledman LigaPRO was, so I had cautious hopes for the youngsters to step up. During the summer a some of the oldest youngsters started making fuss about joining better teams. Most of them I was able to get to come around, but we had one big sale. Franclim Carriço (YP18f) was determined to leave, so I managed to squeeze out more than one million pounds from Greeks PAOK. I'm trying my best to make sure the ones who are leaving don't join any of my opponents, as I would prefer them not to play against me if I can avoid it. When the league started we did better than I feared as we won some and lost some games to keep away from the relegation zone. As the season went on we continued to stay around 10th place getting some good results in. In January we also had to sell another one of the best youngsters when our playmaker João Carvalho (YP18a) to another Greek team, A.E.K. for almost another million. We kept the pace of the league, even with the loss of two of our best players, and in the end we finished where we had stayed for most of the season, a perfectly mid-table 10th place. During the season we upgraded our youth facilities, and got approval for an improvement to the training facilities. This is why our finances just hit red. Hopefully we can have another season like this to establish ourselves as a regular mid-table team.

The youth:

We had a very good youth intake this season. Some very talented players came through. For the first time we got players from other places than Albufeira. Since we haven't changed the youth recruitment, I guess it is because we are in a higher tier this season.

New players:

Tiago Falé (YP21a) - Talented midfielder I hope can replace João Carvalho (YP18a) in the long run.
Jorge Loureiro (Y21b) - Promising winger I hope can do well.
Marcello Gschwend (YP22c) - Very well rounded midfielder. Very high flair.
Pedro Bernardo (YP22d) - Talented goalkeeper. 3rd choice and will need to work hard to replace the others.

Third intake:

Pedro Araújo (YP20a) - Second choice, but got a lot of matches due to injuries. Very good stat improvement.
Paulinho (YP20b) - After we lost Franclim Carriço (YP18f), I've changed him to an inside forward on the left. Amazing progress.
Luís Antunes (YP20c) - Got more matches than expected due to the transfer of João Carvalho (YP18a), and did very good.
Jamie Bernardo (YP20d) - Was unsure before, but he have improved a lot. Part of the main squad this season.

Second intake:

Emerson Cordeiro (YP19a) - Another amazing season on the left back. Even got called up to the U19 side!
João Pita (YP19b) - Below par season, but does ok. Still our best choice of the right wing.

First intake:

João Carvalho (YP18a) - Left for Greece. Haven't played any for them, and I think he will fade due to this.
Régis (YP18b) - First choice goalkeeper and does well.
João Hugo (YP18c) - One of the first choices in defense. Does ok.
Duarte Pita (YP18d) - Does what's expected of him. Lots of yellow cards as he should.
Hélder Rodrigues (YP18e) - Our main striker. Was sour grapes most of the season due to wanting to leave. Came around towards the end and have signed a new contract.
Franclim Carriço (YP18f) - Left for Greece. Got subbed in a couple of times and did well when he got game time.
Selton (YP18g) - Great progress and great season. Improved his stats amazingly.
New - João Oliveira (YP18h) - Been under the radar for the last seasons, but have improved so much he deserve his tag. Central defender with some skill.
New - João Veríssimo (YP18i) - Left winger who got some matches due to the lack of great wingers.

Season	|         League	      |     Position	   |    Europe	  |         Top scorer             |    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18	| Campeonato de Portugal Prio |     2nd/7th	   |      N/A 	  |       Ivo Candelas (7)         |   Reached the promotion stage
2018/19	| Campeonato de Portugal Prio |     1st/6th	   |      N/A 	  | Hélder Rodrigiues (YP18e) (17) |   Reached the promotion stage
2019/20	| Campeonato de Portugal Prio |     1st/1st	   |      N/A 	  | Hélder Rodrigiues (YP18e) (25) |   Promoted as Champions
2020/21	|      Ledman LigaPRO         |      10th	   |      N/A 	  | Hélder Rodrigiues (YP18e) (18) |   Safely mid-table

Dulwich Hamlet - EFL League Two - Season 2022/23

Dulwich Hamlet Badge.png
League Table - EFL Cup - FA Cup - Checkatrade Trophy - Transfers - Squad - Finance

League - this was as tough as I thought it would be (graph) we actually started off OK with a couple of draws and a win making me think we could be a lower mid table side but then reality hit and we getting beaten week in week out. We suffered lots of injuries (lost last seasons top scorer for 6 months) and me changing formations all the time didn't help. We used the joint 2nd most number of players this year with 30. Around Christmas time I went back to the 433 (4-1DM-2-3 in game) that won us the Vanarama South back in 2017 but changed roles to suit the players we were now using. It wasn't an instant success but further tweaks meant we managed to just about keep our heads above water. 

Cups

In the league cup Championship side QPR were far too strong of us. In the FA Cup I was in the middle of my "try a different formation each game" and came unstuck at home to fellow league 2 side Peterborough. In the Checkatrade trophy we actually done OK, won a couple of games then got beat by Arsenal U23s when I was letting many youngsters play, in the next round league one Northampton killed us 6-1. Not helped by a young left back (playing thanks to an injury crisis) making his debut and giving away 2 penalties.

Youth Development

Courtney Hall (YP05C) started the season as 4th choice up top and ended as our top scorer. Was a sub quite a bit but when injuries hit he took his chance.

Danny Reed (YP05A) injuries (them again) hampered him this year with him missing 25% of the season due to picking up 4 different ones, when on the field he done ok.

Youth Intake

Not a bad one but some not great personalities in there which need changing.

Kennedy Agu (YP06A) - another CB, not a great personality but some nice stats
Nicky Wright (YP06B) - CM with some nice starting stats, another poor personality though
Donovan Hooper (YP06C) - yet another CB, good starting stats with lots of room to improve

Career Overview

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		VNS		1st		Champions
2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2021/22		VNL		4th		Promotion via playoffs
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 		

Next Season

Stay up again.

This thread is busy, trying to catch up now so if I miss anyone Im sorry but well done/unlucky (delete as needed) on your season(s?) 

@JWVG well done on staying up again. Have had the same issues this year with chopping and changing tactics, can be frustrating.

@TottenhamFan101 good first season in Northern Ireland there.

@The_Gato_In_Goal well done on staying up first season. Like the idea of hiring people for 2nd nationalities as well. Will keep an eye on how that does as might steal it from you :D

@MCPlay what more to say? 16 in a row. Well done, just need that little bit of luck in your european draws.

@Velodromè Well done on staying up.

@Braumiller another 2nd place and cup win. Well done. 

@XaW congrats on promotion and then staying up. 

I am being out-youth'd by Bangor City.  They have an 18 year old forward who came through their youth team in 2018/19 who has been their main striker for two seasons and played awesome.  21 league goals in 25 when 16 years old and 37 in 32 league games last year.

Then this year he has started out ridiculously.  Bangor won their opening game 6-2, he scored all 6!  They won their 2nd game 5-1, he scored all 5!  We are not out of September yet, but a hat-trick in the cup now has him at 17 goals in just 7 games....  

I'm already out of this challenge, 3rd season in a row fighting to stay up and the youth intake was abysmal again. I'm not doing it a 4th time, it is just too boring.

Maybe the wrong team, maybe the wrong league, maybe the gap from the dutch 3rd division to the 2nd is just too big, I don't know. :(

22 minutes ago, JWVG said:

I'm already out of this challenge, 3rd season in a row fighting to stay up and the youth intake was abysmal again. I'm not doing it a 4th time, it is just too boring.

Maybe the wrong team, maybe the wrong league, maybe the gap from the dutch 3rd division to the 2nd is just too big, I don't know. :(

I'm going through the same thing, but I'm hoping I can hold on long enough until I can get my facilities upgraded. If there's one thing the league does have, it's money.

Desperate times, desperate measures?

Below is the current breakdown of my squad determination.  Heavily weighted to the lower values and a squad average of just 7.24 :(

SquadDET.png

So, I see two ways out of this.

1 - Keep around any future youth candidates with decent or above Determination (I wish I had started this a season or two ago....).
2 - Let go most players with garbage Determination

1 is a given.  2 is tougher, as some of my KEY players have poor Determination (5 key first team youths have 4,4,5,5,6...).  I guess a 3rd is to prioritize opportunities to those kids with better Determination as well.

I am in November of my next season, and the semi regular Determination drops for the squad are very worrying.....  I foresee the above squad breakdown being more common moving forward to see if it is getting worse, tailing off or even getting a little better.....

Typing out issues in this thread can help you form plans :D  Squad average now up to 7.50 - Two non youths released who cost 20k to do so :idiot: and a five star youth with Determination 2 who was not going to get many/any chances.

I think I need to get more brutal, but chickening out currently.

Season 22

League Table | Transfers | Season Review

Dafabet Welsh Premier League

17 in a row. 5 draws and a loss makes it our worst league season in quite some time. We won 18 straight to start the season aswell, so the spring form was horrendous.

Cup runs

2 of 2, keep gettin' them trophies.

Champions League

Fixtures

We got a chance for revenge in the CL play-off against Steaua who knocked us out on penalties last year. We lost the first game 2-1 and I feared they would get the best of us again, but a 4-2 win at home saw us through to the group stage. We drew SLB, Liverpool and Juventus. Another though draw, but we fought bravely and secured the 3rd place by beating the scouser 2-0 in the last game.

We faced CSKA Moscow in the first knock-out stage of the Europa League. A good draw, as we have beaten them before in crucial CL-games. The game in Russia was about as frustrating as football can be. We were all over them and played them off the park, but somehow the score was 4-2 in their favour when the ref blew his whistle. We got an early 1-0 lead at home, but couldn't find the second goal to advance on away goals, and it ended in a very bitter 4-3 aggregate loss. We need to start winning some of these ties soon!

Youth Setup:

Youth Intake

The top two guys can become first-teamers if they develop, which I guess constitutes a good-ish intake at this point.

Big Fat Goalie Challenge:

Dave Owen 14B - 54 Goals. 4 this season, 2 free kicks. A down season for Davey. Converted at an abysmal rate from the spot, 2 of 7.

Danny Roberts Challenge

The aim in this Challenge is to get a player to score 1000 goals during his career, national team goals count.

Most goals:

Huw Price 4A - 445 goals in 659 games. 13 goals in 34 games this season. The legend has played a lot of games over the last two season, despite it looking like he was finished 3 years ago. Injuries and strikers sold opened up the opportunity for him. He is really starting to deteriorate at the physical side of things, but did find ways to make a positive impact. He mustered up 3 last minute winning goals for us this season, which is pretty amazing. Probably won't see much time next year, his stats are plummeting and he will turn 35 in the summer.

Jacob Davies 10D - 391 goals in 354 games. Has left the club, so wont add to this. He was a big contributer to getting Burnley promoted to the PL last year. This season he started 29 PL-games and scored 7. He is really making us proud.

Matthew Rees 18A - 184 goals in 170 games. 43 goals in  40 games this season. The season started in the worst posssible way with a 3 month hamstring injury in the first game. When he returned to fitness he wasn't as prolific as last year, we have higher expectations for this wonderful talent. Man Utd and Chelsea have both made bids for his services, but he is happy to stay in Wales! Good lad:D

Season 22

Squad Presentation

After 22 seasons I felt it might be cool if you guys could see how my squad is looking. In the regular updates you usually only get a glimpse of a couple of players, and it's mostly the same guys every year. We play a 4-1-3-2 formation and have done so for about 10 years. Before that we usually lined up pretty similarly but one of the midfielders was pushed out wide, making it an assymetric formation.

Goalkeeper

Dave Owen 14B - Career Stats

You know this guy, the goal scoring goal keeper phenom. He is a great keeper, and our most capped player. Unfortunatly Liverpool have now produced a very nice looking welsh goalkeeper, so his days as the Welsh number 1 might be coming to an end.

Right Back

Kevin Johnson 20A - Career Stats

Kevin has only been with us a couple of seasons, but his development has been nothing short of amazing. He has overtaken Gary Griffiths 11A for the right back spot, even though I named Gary ti be the greatest defender of my first 20 years in charge of Haverfordwest. Top clubs from England has begun sniffing around for Kevin, and he has sometimes been tempted to leave. His mind has been set straight for now, and hopefully he will be with us for a long time!

Central Defenders

Peter James 14A - Career Stats

Rory Cooper 12B - Career Stats

These guys have been rocks at the back for the last 8-9 years. They are pretty similar types, neither are tall but both are strong and fast. Peter is a little more rounded, having some ability with the ball aswell, but he is shorter. Being the Welsh Cannavaro, Peter is the better player and has gotten 8 caps, Rory has been called up but isn't capped yet.

Left Back

Kieron Williams 15C - Career Stats

A perpetual  weak spot in our team has been the left back. Kieron is the first choice now, and has been for some time, but he clearly doesn't possess the ability we need for us to take the next step. He is big and strong, but very limited going forward, which is a massive problem as we need our backs to provide width and good crossing. We got a 4-star prospect in the 21st youth intake, but his development has been disappointing this season even though we have given him plenty of game time.

Defensive Midfielder

Jamie Williams 15B - Career Stats

Jamie is our starting DMC, but he doesn't hold a massive quality advantage over Kevin James 10A. Jamie is a decent player in our squad, possessing strong physical and defensive ability. Hopefully we will get a great deep lying playmaker prospect in the future, but untill that point Jamie and Kevin will keep trying to replicate Makelele.

Central Midfielders

Dafydd Davies 7A - Career Stats

Steven Johnson 14E - Career Stats

Matthew Boyle 15A - Career Stats

Steven Johnson plays as a deep-lying playmaker, which he isn't really ideal for given his poor defensive skills, but I wanted to utilise his good passing ability to allow him to find through balls to my strikers and wing backs. He is performing well in the role, but I admit that I am considering changing up the roles. Ideally I would have the CDM being the playmaker, but I just don't have any good alternatives there. Steven was a bit of a late bloomer, I din't think much of him coming through the intake, but after a couple of seasons out at loan he caught my eye, and has pushed his way into the team.

Dafydd is the most attacking of the trio, regularly getting into the box to get scoring opportunities. He also holds the trait of going deep to get the ball, which might seem counter-intuitive to what we want from him, but in practice it seems to be balancing out his attacking runs in a positive way. Dafydd is a true legend, has been our captain for as long as I can remeber and brushed of an ACL-tear as if it was nothing to give us another great season.

Matthew Boyle 15A plays as a ball winning midfielder, but regularly also plays in the playmaker role as I am rotating the squad. Looking at him now, it seems obvious that he should play the playmaker role all the time, his stats and traits look perfect for the role. Doing a write-up like this really forces you to look at your players, and that can lead to realizing something you've missed. If anyone spots any other opportunities I have missed with player roles etc, please let me know!

Strikers

Matthew Rees 18A - Career Stats

Matthew Griffiths 17A - Career Stats

I've spoken enough about Rees in the normal updates, so wont take much time for him here. He has been the Welsh Player of the year for all 4 seasons of his career, and is an amazing talent.

Griffiths on the other hand wasn't as highly touted coming out of the intake. I wrote the 17th intake off as a abysmal one, and didn't tag anyone. But after a loan, scoring 11 times in 15 league games, and some great progress in training Griffiths really started to look like first-team material. He plays as a deep-lying forward, which doesn't really suit his abilities. However our setup is constructed with the fundamental idea of getting Rees the best possible working conditions, as he is our best player. Griffiths plays in this role even though he doesn't suit it, because he is just way way better than the other striking alternatives.

2 minutes ago, MCPlay said:

@XaW That's the worst feeling.. You've got my sympathies. Keep fighting the good fight, hopefully the board will get replaced at some point, they clearly don't get football:brock:

Thanks, they clearly don't understand at all. We don't even need the money at the moment, we are about £1M in white. And then they did it a 3rd time. And for small amounts even...

3 minutes ago, fabreth said:

Damn, you always have little luck with boards... I remember another challenge where you had the same problem :(

Yeah, in FM16 I had the same in Finland. But then the board sold anyone for a pack of crackers and a paper clip, this time it's at least some money even if it's far from enough...

A7NEhKR.jpg?1

Season 1 (Year 2018) - 10th

Manager | Club | Squad | Facilities | Transfers | Finances

League+Cup | Fixtures

Youth intake: Pretty decent intake for the first time. In Norway I get intake before the start of the season, so here you can see their development already after one season.

Manager: My stats grew a little as always after first year, but my board is refusing to let me study for next licence because they think I'll just use them as a stepping stone and leave for better club :D

Club / Facilities: Nothing major has changed here

Finances: We are in the red and for now I think it's going to stay like that for a while.

Cup: We were knocked out in the first round by a penalty defeat

League: Survival was the goal and we managed to achieve exactly that, finishing 10th. Young players will slowly start to develop nicely and then we can aim higher. For the next season, I hope we can finish at least on the same position.

@Braumiller - I like determination but it seems like the cure is worse than the disease if you start letting prospects go over it. I can see letting it determine (no pun intended) which of the fringe end of the intake you sign being sensible though.

@XaW - Tough luck, but those are decent amounts for a team in the second tier, I think a lot of boards would snap the money up sadly.

Relegated. :(

Tried to change things up with a 4-3-3 and we were defensively strong but couldn't score through the first half. Other teams better performed this year and we went into the relegation stage. After only getting a draw from our first three relegation group games the lack of scoring was making us slide into dangerous morale territory so I tried to switch back to our 4-3-1-2 but that just made us leaky without fixing our scoring woes. We did enough so that we controlled our destiny but we couldn't manage better than a 0-0 draw against the bottom, already relegated, team on the second last game when a win would have made us safe. Last day and we go in 2 points ahead of two teams and with previous results a draw meant at worst we'd face the playoff. We take an early 1-0 lead but surrender it and go behind 2-1, then miss a couple of really good chances, including a one on one with basically the last kick of the game. Fitting that we ended the season the way we played it.

Hadn't looked at the results elsewhere throughout the day, go to the end screen to see we're down. Very disappointing as with the club improvements I'd secured the intake was an improvement this year. Sometimes when relegation comes it's like a relief, putting the challenge attempt out of its misery. This one was a kick in the guts, I really wanted to do well with this club. :(

8 hours ago, Shakes said:

Relegated. :(

Tried to change things up with a 4-3-3 and we were defensively strong but couldn't score through the first half. Other teams better performed this year and we went into the relegation stage. After only getting a draw from our first three relegation group games the lack of scoring was making us slide into dangerous morale territory so I tried to switch back to our 4-3-1-2 but that just made us leaky without fixing our scoring woes. We did enough so that we controlled our destiny but we couldn't manage better than a 0-0 draw against the bottom, already relegated, team on the second last game when a win would have made us safe. Last day and we go in 2 points ahead of two teams and with previous results a draw meant at worst we'd face the playoff. We take an early 1-0 lead but surrender it and go behind 2-1, then miss a couple of really good chances, including a one on one with basically the last kick of the game. Fitting that we ended the season the way we played it.

Hadn't looked at the results elsewhere throughout the day, go to the end screen to see we're down. Very disappointing as with the club improvements I'd secured the intake was an improvement this year. Sometimes when relegation comes it's like a relief, putting the challenge attempt out of its misery. This one was a kick in the guts, I really wanted to do well with this club. :(

Ouch, sorry to hear it @Shakes

Image result for sv spakenburg

SV Spakenburg - 2018/19

Jupiler League | League Table | Dutch Cup | Transfers | Squad | Facilities | Finances | Best 11

This year was just another year where we flirted with relegation and then stayed up with 2 games to go (after which we threw in the youth and lost 6-0 and 5-0). It seems like a grind right now as our intakes don’t produce first teamers at least for a year or two after they come into the club. Not to mention our facilities are still 2-3 levels below the other sides around us. At least the finances are good, so all we have to do is wait 5 or so years with constant upgrading to get to a level where we start producing good players. For our intake, we got nothing good and not even any 2nd nationalities other than the “normal” ones for Dutch clubs. I’ll keep the foreign staff around though, since it’s not hurting our finances to do so.

Class of 2019

Kees van Berlo (02a) - I’ve needed left backs, so I’m very happy with him. He’ll probably play backup for the first team next year and possibly get a few starts.

Achraf Rahmani (02b) - Another Moroccan/Dutchman and this one is the best yet! A very good ball winning midfielder it seems. The only problem: he’s 5’2’’ and has 4 strength.

Nathan Felomina (02c) - 12 passing is a lot better than anything we’ve had, so he could be a good, creative force in the center in a few years (and cool 2nd nationality ofc)

Hüseyin Boşnak (02d) - Not so good in the air, but he’s got some pretty good stats when it comes to shot stopping. Will split time with Ed van der Beld (01a) in the U19s and we’ll see who comes out on top.

Muhammad Wijaya (02e) - 11 finishing is ok, but I really only tagged him because he’s part Indonesian.

Lorenzo Babel (02f) - He’s decent, but he got tagged for a 2nd nationality.

Class of 2018

The players all developed a bit, but with our facilities there’s no way they can reliably improve without first team matches which we realistically can’t give them.

Ed van den Beld (01a)

Andy de Jong (01b)

Jamal Chihab (01c)

Rzeni Anillo Saidi (01d)

Jan van der Heijden (01e).

Felizardo Costa (01f)

2nd Nationality Watch

Morocco x3

Angola x1

Curaçao x1

Indonesia x1

Suriname x1

Turkey x1

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Dutch Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer                  Most Assists          Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol/Van der Meiracker (16)  Tol (7)               Tol (7.07) 
2018/19   Jupiler League    19th        4th Round      Basic                  Poor                 Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (17)                    Van der Meiracker (7) Van der Meiracker (6.97)   

XaW - Imortal - 2021/22

Imortal_DC.png

Table | Past postitons | Squad | Transfers | Finances

My board, in their infinite wisdom, decided to throw me a curveball by starting to sell everyone we got a semidecent bid on. For some reason they seem to think we have a poor financial situation. We are even listed as having an "insecure" financial situation. I think it's because we have some loans from buying the stadium, but we are making money and have a lot of money in the bank. I don't know how the financial situation is handled by the game, but I think it might be some issues with this. The board also refuses to improve youth coaching and blames our "poor financial situation". Hopefully this will resolve itselft soon. Anyway, due to this we lost a couple of our best youth players at the start of the season, coupled with some injuries I had to play a couple of matches with only a few substitutes. Even with these handicaps we started the season great. Only one single loss in the first 10 matches made sure we were part of the fight for promotion. By January we were in a solid 5th spot and not far of promotion, though almost 15 point behind leaders Mineiro Ajustrelense. They, however, had a horrible last part of the season, going 11 matches without a win to drop down the table. It might be one of the worst forms I've seen from an AI side in FM! We found some form and some wins put us just around promotion for the remainder of the season. With one game left we were in second place and had everything in our own hands. A win would guarantee promotion, and a draw could see us through. Our final match was away against SC Angrense, a fighting to avoid the relegation playoff. Not an easy match by far. The matche started quite nervously for both teams with no one gaining the upper hand. Then, at the 38th minute, right back Ricardo Maja, one of the few remaining original players, crossed the ball in from the right and it was met by the head of João Veríssimo (YP18i). A scrappy header, but the goalkeeper still couldn't keep it out. Nothing much happened the rest of the period and at half time we were 1-0 up. As the second half started Angrense went more attacking, but we held them of. At the 60th minute we had a corner when João Oliveira (YP18h) rose up to meet the ball. His header hit the post, but the rebound fell into his feet and he passed the ball into the back of the net! 2-0 and a solid control of the match. Only 3 minutes later a cross was cleared by the Angrense defense, but only as far as just outside the area. There our new midfielder Óscar Mesquita (YP22a) hit a first time effort into the far corner to make it 3-0! An amazing shot from the youngster. With less than half an hour left of the match the team slowed down, and at the 80th minute we were punshed. A low cross found the Angrense striker alone in the box to reduce our lead. A few minutes later we saw almost a replay of the last goal when the same striker scored again from a low cross from their right side. I made a sub and dropped the team deeper to defend our lead. Angrense had some lackluster efforts, but not many dangers as we wasted as much time as we could. When the ref blew his final whistle we could start the celebration. We were promoted! This was also the time I checked the other matches and noticed GD Chaves had lost at home to Leixões. Looking at the table, it meant we had won it! We are the champions and ready for the top tier in Portuguese football!

In the Taça de Portugal we beat GS Loures and Paços de Ferreira before losing to Académica Coimbra in the 4th round. Taça CTT we won against Boavista FC and Desportivo das Aves to qualify for the group stage. Here we drew Sporting CP, Rio Ave and FC Arouca. A tough group and we finished in 4th with only a single point.

The youth:

A good youth intake this season. Some players I have high hopes for.

New players:

Óscar Mesquita (YP22a) - An amazing midfielder. Slotted into the main squad and even scored in the final match of the season.
Ivo Estebaínha (YP22b) - Promising right back. We don't have many so he is much needed.
David Candeias (YP22c) - Talented and speedy striker.

Fourth intake:

Tiago Falé (YP21a) - Rotated into the main squad. Capped by the U19s.
Jorge Loureiro (Y21b) - Great progress. Got some matches this season, but mostly used as a backup or sub.
Marcello Gschwend (YP21c) - Got a lot of matches. Scored some screamers and did well.
Pedro Bernardo (YP21d) - Good progress, but still 3rd choice.
NewJosé Carreiro (YP21e) - Had to use him due to the transfer of Emerson Cordeiro (YP19a). Did well enough.

Third intake:

Pedro Araújo (YP20a) - Fighting to be the first goalkeeper, and I'm unsure who to pick at the moment. Great progress once again.
Paulinho (YP20b) - A good season where he mostly played out on the wings. Scored and assisted a lot. Got his debut for the national U20s.
Luís Antunes (YP20c) - A good season, progressed well.
Jamie Bernardo (YP20d) - Had to step up after Duarte Pita (YP18d) got sold. Did that and much more. Great season.

Second intake:

Emerson Cordeiro (YP19a) - Got sold to PAOK, but didn't play much for them. Capped by the 20s.
João Pita (YP19b) - After the poor season last year he really stepped up and did great this season.

First intake:

João Carvalho (YP18a) - Went on loan from A.E.K., back to to the top tier of Portugal. Played poorly for CD Tondela.
Régis (YP18b) - Fighting to stay first choice goalkeeper. Had a good season.
João Hugo (YP18c) - A very good season in our defense.
Duarte Pita (YP18d) - Got sold against my will. Didn't play much for a team in our division.
Hélder Rodrigues (YP18e) - A very good season from our striking general. Both scored and assisted a lot.
Franclim Carriço (YP18f) - Didn't play much for PAOK, but when he played he did well.
Selton (YP18g) - Sold against my will. Played mostly for the B-side of Steaua București.
João Oliveira (YP18h) - A very good season as the rock in defense.
João Veríssimo (YP18i) - Didn't do as much as I had hoped, need to step up.

Season	|         League	      |     Position	   |    Europe	  |         Top scorer             |    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18	| Campeonato de Portugal Prio |     2nd/7th	   |      N/A 	  |       Ivo Candelas (7)         |   Reached the promotion stage
2018/19	| Campeonato de Portugal Prio |     1st/6th	   |      N/A 	  | Hélder Rodrigiues (YP18e) (17) |   Reached the promotion stage
2019/20	| Campeonato de Portugal Prio |     1st/1st	   |      N/A 	  | Hélder Rodrigiues (YP18e) (25) |   Promoted as Champions
2020/21	|      Ledman LigaPRO         |      10th	   |      N/A 	  | Hélder Rodrigiues (YP18e) (18) |   Safely mid-table
2021/22	|      Ledman LigaPRO         |      1st	   |      N/A 	  | Hélder Rodrigiues (YP18e) (19) |   Promoted as Champions

3 minutes ago, JWVG said:

@XaW Now that's some progress, wow! :eek:

Thanks. I actually thing the promotion was a bit too soon for us. I'm afraid we might go straight back down next season...

Nicely done @XaW, the 2nd tier in Portugal is often surprisingly soft after the dogfight of the 3rd. I reckon you can stay up, outside the big 3 nobody is really that good, just hope for a draw where they don't play you in a row and smash morale! You have some nice players and development should really start to explode playing at a higher level.

Archived