Sports Interactive Community
Braumiller

FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

@Pippadoc I think you could make a case either way and the large sell on clause has potential for a future lump sum. However I would prioritise your promotion aspirations and that amount of money isn't going to change much now, but losing him could set you back a season or two at worse. How long does he have left on his contract?

Had an interesting couple of days as Ilkeston boss. Notice the dates.

MoWhBJQ.png?1

9Z05I00.png?1

Offered an interview for the vacant Yeovil job a day before our FA cup match, trying to mess with me!

Edited by Sanno11

My general rule is never sell anyone you want to keep until forced. The only way selling makes sense is if they have not much time left on their contract, wont renew and you know the money you get can be put into an improvement. If it's just going to patch up the balance sheet because you're making a loss I wouldn't do it, the board will cover any losses so let them pay!

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Thanks! My coaches think he might have potential to play in the top tier, so I hope I can keep him. There are som clubs from all three levels sniffing around my best players, but I've managed to keep them at bay so far. I don't know how we get the talents we get, but we have a better youth recruitment than most clubs at this level, so I'm guessing we get first pick from the scraps of the top clubs or something. I was hoping we might compete for it this season, but the kids are to inconsistent so far. I can go from dominating games to barely getting a shot on target, but this is to be expected when I try to give so many youths their chances. 

If we get lucky and find form at the right time, then we might have a chance in the next couple of years.

One explanation is that the south of Portugal is devoid of top teams, the biggest Farense was bankrupt and only now is trying to get up the ladder again.

Portimonense and Olhanense are on the Second League, but it's 224km from the most southern team in the top league and Albufeira.

This in a country that is roughly 650km from top to bottom.

If your facilities/network are better/bigger than most of all the other teams from Algarve in your league you may get very good players.

It would be nice to see from which cities is your intake and the facilities/network of your Algarve rivals.

@Sanno11 @Shakes Thanks for the advice guys! He's contracted for the next 3 seasons, so I will take your advice and keep hold of him. You're definitely right that the financial benefits of promotion would out weigh £500k. He doesn't seem to have been fussed that I rejected the offer either, so hopefully I would have to deal with the squad getting annoyed about it.

Port_Talbot_Town_FC_logo.png

Season 03 - 2019-20

The Season As It Happened....

Preseason
So this first qualifying round business is new.... and VERY VERY early! :D  We drew the professional Norwegian outfit of Sarpsborg 08 who were in the middle of their season and fully fit.  We are a semi pro outfit, 7 weeks from the start of our season and some of our players at 75% fitness after playing against our u18s 10 days ago...  It went as well as you are expecting!  A 0-5 loss in the away leg and then a
face saving 0-1 loss at home.  So we are still looking for our first European goal of this new era....
Then it was on to our usual preseason and the search for fitness!
Finances from our very short European adventure were great though.  We totaled 271k in 'prize money' from it, which when put alongside our total income from the whole of last season (328k) is awesome.  Tempted to ask for our first facility upgrade, but going to keep it in the bank and hope to use it to our advantage to ask for Professional status the next time that option is available with the board!

August 24th 2019
The league starts with a bang!  7-1 hope win over Cefn Druids with Rob Martin 2018-B bagging 4!!

October 19th 2019
Our unbeaten start to the domestic season comes to an end in dramatic fashion.  We were 0-3 down away at Bala and pulled it back to 3-3, before a Bala winner in the 92nd minute broke hearts.

January 26th 2020
The MG Cup adventure comes to an end with a 5-3 extra time defeat in the final to TNS...  3-3 after full time, we went down to 10 men for a 2nd yellow card and never stood a chance .  The first of 5 games in 12 days, we could have done without the extra 30 minutes of play.

February 16th 2020
Achilles injury #2 at the club!  After Michael Shrimpton 2018-A suffered it last year, Jamie Latham had just done his :(  5-6 months out, so he may be back by the start of next season.  Another tough one, as Jamie had reestablished himself and the #1 MC.

February 29th 2020
My yearly 1st choice goalkeeper injury....  Liam Coleman 2018-E is injured in a fall during training and out 9-10 weeks!

March 11th 2020
Youth Candidates 2020!  The increases in Junior Coaching are starting to show, with the starting ability of the kids now being noticeably better.  An interesting bunch, with some good potential, not great determination and the odd need for retraining.
Ross Fisher 2020-A - A central midfielder equally adept with both feet.  Due to only playing one MC and having a lot of options currently, I will retrain him to be able to fully play at DM and AMC to give options
Mark Heyes 2020-B - I really like the look of this kid as my future ML and oddly he does not play there currently, even though he can play WBL and AML.  Retraining!
David Dyer 2020-C - A good looking youth GK
Rob Edwards 2020-D - An AMC with poor finishing and composure :(  Unambitious to boot
Daniel Fisher 2020-E - A pacy wideman with flair.  So far so good.  However, 1 Determination and a personality of Easily Discouraged.....
Matthew Evans 2020-F - Left sided midfield
Kevin Lloyd 2020-G - Right sided midfielder that will have a fight on his hands for first team chances
James Pugh 2020-H - Decent right back, but I have options there already he will have to battle through

May 5th 2020
Final game of the season away at champions TNS and a very creditable draw.  The downside though is that Bangor City scored a 90th minute winner in their game to slingshot past us and secure 2nd place at the death.  Not quite on the 'Agueroooooooo' level, but 'Stewaaaaaart' did cost us an automatic Europa League place.....

May 15th 2020
We announce our first affiliate club link with Pontypridd.  Just a simple deal for us to loan players to them.

May 15th 2020
European Places Playoff Semi and it was a nail biter.  Llandudno took a shock lead in the 2nd minute before we equalized from the penalty spot on 8.  Mark Heyes 2020-B then made me look a fool by getting a straight red on 37 and we were up against it.  I had started Mark due to good form instead of Thomas Silva, who I had to bring on after sacrificing a shadow striker.  We played the better even with 10, but no
more goals meant we went to penalties, where we won 3-1 thanks to their inability!

May 23rd 2020
European Places Playoff Final against Bala.  I cannot take much more of these!  A very even game, as would be expected but then we lose our heads again and Michael Shrimpton 2018-A gets a straight red card on 51 minutes.  Again we sacrifice a shadow striker and keep the rest of our shape intact.  This time no more action until extra time, when we concede in the 100th minute.  We immediately go attacking and manage an equalizer in the 104th.  Back to normal and we hit the woodwork in the 118th minute!  And then penalties for the 2nd straight week.  We hit the back of the net with all 5 of ours and with them missing their 3rd spot kick means we won!  As it turns out both Bala and ourselves qualified for the Europa League, so it looks like the game was just for fun!.....

Random Notes / Thoughts
So I think next season I am mixing it up at the club.  To date I have not signed up for the Reserves league but have for the u18s.  Time to activate the reserves and move the more promising kids into the reserves.  The main reason here is that the reserves play on Tuesdays, whereas the u18s play on Saturday which is the same as 90% of our first team games.  So if I have kids on the fringe of playing I either have them play in the u18s or sit on the bench of the first team and lose fitness.
We improved our points total, goals scored and goals conceded over last year, so the drop in finishing position is not too much of a concern.  Bangor City, though, may prove to be.

End of Season Screenshots
League Table
Results - League / Cups
Transfers
End of Season Awards
* Player of The Year 1st Place - Thomas Silva (61%)
* Player of The Year 2nd Place - Jordan Martin 2018-D (15%)
* Player of The Year 3rd Place - Rob Martin 2018-B (14%)

Season 04 Targets
* Regain the mantle of best non-TNS team in Wales
* Score our first European goal
* Continue the retirements of the old guard

1 hour ago, MadCatPT said:

One explanation is that the south of Portugal is devoid of top teams, the biggest Farense was bankrupt and only now is trying to get up the ladder again.

Portimonense and Olhanense are on the Second League, but it's 224km from the most southern team in the top league and Albufeira.

This in a country that is roughly 650km from top to bottom.

If your facilities/network are better/bigger than most of all the other teams from Algarve in your league you may get very good players.

It would be nice to see from which cities is your intake and the facilities/network of your Algarve rivals.

Good input. I'll check when I get home (damn work taking my FM time). If most of the players are from Albufeira/Algarve then that might explain it. I'm not that familiar with Portuguese football, or geography other than as the (south)westernmost part of the Iberian peninsula. I've never holidayed in Portugal myself, the closest would be my trip to Gibraltar a few years ago.

A quick google search gave me a list of teams from Algarve/Faro, and as you stated Portimonense and Olhanense is the biggest along with Farense. A few 3rd tier clubs are also in the mix (Quarteirense, Louletano and Lusitano), but other than that we are down to lower tier clubs. According to google Portimonense are based in Portimão, some 40 km west of Albufeira, while Olhanense are based in Olhão 55 km to the east just past Farenses city Faro. So while no one is based very close, those are in the same general area. Quarteirense and Louletano are somewhat closer, while Lusitano is from Vila Real de Santo António almost on the Spanish border.

Based on that I'm guessing Quarteirense and Louletano are my closest rivals to talents. I'll check their facilities and recruitment when I open my game. Louletano are my rivals as well, if I remember correctly, so it would be some hard fighting for talents there.

Checking a bit further, Beja is the only bordering region to Faro, and it seemingly don't have any major teams. Only a few 3rd tier clubs other than lower league. So this means there should be fewer teams close by who can steal the local talent.

AD_Pontassolense.png

Pontassolense - Season 3 - 2020/21 Campeonato de Portugal Prio

First Phase | Promotion Stage | Taça de Portugal | Squad | Transfers

Another solid showing of improvement from the team. We started out crazy hot, going 8 games undefeated to put us in pole position to qualify from our group. From then on we spluttered a little, teams started taking us more seriously and giving us less chances to counter and we did find it a bit hard to break down more conservative sides. We already had the points on the board though and despite more draws than I'd like we had the first phase group wrapped with a game to play! Into the promotion stage, which was great news. It's always more fun to play to go up than play to not go down!

Unfortunately the promotion stage was hard going for us. Similar to the problems we had against teams playing us conservatively, we also had problems beating teams who were just better quality defenders. At one point we didn't score in 5 games, not really helped by the fact our main man up front, Anton, who had been scoring at around a goal a game to start the season went down with a virus and seemed to come back having forgotten how to kick. That we lacked an alternative route to goal is very worrying given I had to promise him I'd accept a bid if it came for him and even though none did he doesn't want to sign a new contract. I have a year to get to work on him.

Anyway he - and the team - eventually found ways to score and we finished on a high, closing out on a nice little run of 2 wins and 2 draws to pull ourselves off the bottom of the group.

Youth Intake

The youth recruitment improvement didn't seem to have much effect, one pretty average keeper from Funchal, the rest still from Ponta do Sol. Still our best prospects did kind of come from further afield - Brazilian and Chinese for second nationalities.

• (21a) Altimar Tabach - AMC - I was complaining about needing to be able to break down defenses and the AMC playmaker in the 4-3-1-2 is the guy to do it, so hopefully this can be the one. A couple of minor injuries delayed him but he ended the season getting a chance in the first XI and took to it well, not showing signs of nerves.
  • (21b) Li Guotao - DC/DL - With his pace he's a fullback for me, not a centre back. Our captain at DR is in his 30s now so hopefully Guotao can be trained to be his replacement.

Youth Watch

Making some progress in introducing the young guys to the team, which should only accelerate as we get more that are worth playing!

• (19a) Tito Câmara - MC - 32 apps - Mixed bag. Showed a bit of a development burst over the pre-season, stalled for much of the year then started to grow again towards the end. I doubt he'll be the star he looked like he might be when he first arrived, but seems like he should continue to be solid.
  • (20a) Marco Aveiro - ST - 31(1) apps, 13 goals, 9 assists - A brilliant first year as the support striker, leading the team in assists and chipping in well on the scoreboard. Probably should have had more assists but for Anton's rough patch.
  • (20b) Marco Pestana and (20c) Rolando Bernardes - MC - 16(12) and 16(7) apps, 1 assist each - These two didn't set the world on fire as they were nursed into the team, taking much of the season to get over their nerves. But they seem bedded in and ready for more responsibility next year.

Next Season

I feel like we've proven that we're good enough to stay away from relegation, I hope we can do it by qualifying for the promotion stage again. I think we're a couple of years worth of development on our midfield players away from having a squad with enough quality to go up though. Hopefully we don't lose Anton and get left having to figure out who will score the goals.

Division League Cup Goals Assists Rating Profit/Loss
2018/19 3rd 10th / 5th 2nd Round Anton - 14 Anton - 8 Nova - 7.26 23,270
2019/20 3rd 6th / 1st 4th Round Anton - 17 Paim - 15 Gonçalves - 7.18 251,592
2020/21 3rd 1st / 7th 2nd Round Anton - 20 (20a) Aveiro - 9 Silva - 7.17 -10,318

Edited by Shakes

Dulwich Hamlet - Vanarama National - Season 2021/22

Dulwich Hamlet Badge.png

League Table - FA Cup - FA Trophy - Transfers - Squad - Finances

League - a bit of a rollercoaster here this season, at the back end of last season I adopted a 4-4-1-1 formation that seemed to suit our best players so I continued to use that this year tweaking things depending on who we were playing (going counter & dropping deeper against the top sides, going control at home to the bottom sides, that kind of thing) and on the whole it worked well. Our form was very streaky, as you can see from the position graph, we'd go unbeaten for a while then not be able to find a win anywhere. We set a new club record of 12 unbeaten which saw us move up to 2nd and within 2 points of the then leaders Chester with 10 games to go, we would then only win 2 of the final 10 games but somehow managed to finish 4th and secure a playoff place. In the playoffs we had a Tranmere side that was one of the 2 wins in our run in and in the home leg we picked up from that game and ran out 3-0 winners. This Dulwich team doesn't like to make things easy for me and the 2nd leg showed this. Tranmere took an early lead but on the 60 minute mark we levelled things up & meant they needed 3 goals just to get extra time, with 15 to go I was getting confident but then a couple goals from Tranmere had me nervy for the final few minutes nut we held on to book our place in the final winning the tie 4-3. In the final we played a Chester team that had the top scorer in the league (scored 39 in 44) but that we had beat twice in the league without conceding. The final as a nervy affair but a late goal from our top scorer Carr (who refound his form this year after 2 seasons of injury and poor form to score 26 goals in the league) saw us win 1-0 and be promoted to the football league! As a result we turned professional which means I can get better training for my youth players.

Cups - the FA Cup saw us lose to a 92nd minute goal at home to league one Fleetwood but the FA Trophy defeat to Hungerford came during one of our out of form times but was really frustrating.

Finances - on paper they look bad but after the playoff final at Wembley we had nearly 500k in the bank so I pushed for junior coaching upgrade and a youth facility upgrade so we took a hit.

Youth Development

Vangelis Bosganas YP01A - the move to 4411 was designed with him in mind as wanted to get the best out of him. He had his best season to date with 7 goals (slightly down on last season) and 7 assists (up on last season) and has played 160 games at the age of 20. 

James Daly YP02C - Made the right back berth his own this season. Injury right at the end of the season meant he missed the run in and the playoffs but am happy with him.

Kevin Williams YP03C - breakthrough season for Williams who ended the season with 10 assists from the left (most at the club) and pretty much nailed the left wing role for the foreseeable future.

Greg Brown YP04C - got a quick run in the team when Daly was injured, played the playoffs and didn't look out of place.

Youth Intake

Pretty happy with this one, gave us some players where we needed.

Danny Reed YP05A - A striker! Happy with this guy, good finishing, decent acceleration, some work needed but solid potential here.

Kris Bird YP05B - AMC, bit of work and should be ready to compete with Bosganas for this role

Courtney Hall YP05C - another striker, not as good (on paper) as Reed but a 6'3 target man provides us with a different option should we want/need it.

Ashley Roles YP05D - a much needed MC, some decent starting stats and with some work could be a decent option for out box to box role.

Career Overview

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		VNS		1st		Champions
2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2021/22		VNL		4th		Promotion via playoffs

Next Season

50 points! Staying up next year is all I care about.

@Braumillergood solid season there, annoying to drop to 3rd but am sure it'll be a one off. Like the look of Heyes 2020-B, decent dribbling and acceleration as well as not bad crossing,

@Shakes Another solid season there. Sounds like you just need that striker to come through to lead your line for a few seasons. Tabach looks good, I like his teamwork and bravery as well as his technique and work rate. With that personality as well he should thrive once he gets going.

@Shakes Could Marco Aveiro be from Ronaldo family? (Ronaldo full name: Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro)

Funchal is home to two teams from the top league, Nacional and Maritimo, Nacional usually fights for an european spot, Maritimo is also a strong team, a third team União da Madeira played last season on the top league but was relegated.

There are some Brazilians and Chinese living in Madeira.

Can't wait for the next update.

@darren1983 Congratulations on the promotion, after 5 years I'm on my way to maybe brake the club lowest position ever in the Vanarama North. :(

I tried to do the dafuge challenge this year, but buying players is not as fun as making it with your own players, so I'm back here.

In case anyone cares/remembers, I did this on FM15 with Real SC in Portugal and then I didn't get FM16 till like 4 months ago, so I was halfway through a save in Poland on my own time.  Anyways, I got FM17 now, so I'm back here and holidaying in a few countries to see if I can find a fun looking team.

And great job to everyone who has been taking the challenge on this year. Smp20 and MCPlay have stood out to me, but I've read through everyone's progress. KUTGW.

SC Bacau- season 2017/18 Romanian Liga II

download.png

schedule part 1 | schedule part 2 | League table | squad | transfers

The League: i chose this club for two reasons A) it was previewed to finish higher than the other promoted teams. B) it has a real badge in game. And what a choice this has been because i inherited a good squad. The season started magnificently as we had a perfect September, it continued inconsistently but we got the important wins and managed to stay clear of the relegation zone and challenge for promotion. When i took over we were previewed to finish 16th the last relegation spot as the season started we were previewed to finish 17th an by January we were finishing 20 by the "dynamic odds" although being  in contention for promotion all season long.

Cup: :( Knocked out in the first hurdle

Youth intake: Not an amazing intake, some useful players but not good enough and except the first three no one was moved to the senior squad immediately

• Catalin Pitaru 18a: a real prospect opened some games and in two seasons time he will probably be my starter ( if i will still play with RB then) 
  • Cristinel Cifor 18b: will get more chances next season as Alexandru Corban is making a fuss about leaving.
  • Valentin Prisaca 18c: Needed a LB and he is being trained there.

Other Screenshots and awards:

Upgrades: We got  junior coaching  upgrade and youth facilities upgrade

Next Season: i want another  top half finish as players are gonna leave and me trying to give the three players from the intake some first team opportunities. i except a tougher season next time around so lets hope the board doesn't get to greedy.

@darren1983 Great season and congrats on promotion. Danny reed looks pretty good for the fifth tier (now fourth). i am in a dire need for a striker, any striker as Gabriel Boghian isn't going to be here forever

@darren1983 Congrats on the promotion, great progress and Danny Reed looks like a fine prospect.

I don't usually share as often on here but this, I couldn't keep to myself. I have never been this far in the FA cup and hopefully we get enough money for an upgrade.

P4vd2ZE.png?1

JäPS

2018 Season: Ykkönen

JäPS.jpeg

League Position: 3rd (Media prediction: 9th)

Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2

A much improved second season, the only downside being the insanely small gap between 1st and 7th (five points), we might well have won the league. The first season youth intake were magnificent and I’m pleased to say that our youth training facilities will be improved during next season. I changed the team to be a bit less aggressive towards the end of the season (3 yellows equals a one match ban in Finland), and  with no defeat in our final 7 games, it seemed to work. We can hopefully make a real push for promotion next year.

Suomen Cup: Group Stage

We were unlucky once again here, conceding to KPV as we pushed for a deserved winning goal to put us through to the second round.

Season Records

Transfers

Notable Players

Christoffer Orenius YP1c: Remarkable stuff from 17 year old, contributing 10 assists and in so doing winning the player of the season award! He looks like a future international.

Yusuf Jama: Another solid year for our dependable and flexible defender/midfielder.

Mahdi Ali: The Somali defender was a model of consistency. Wish he had some better leadership qualities because he’s going to be here a while I hope.

Mikko Lehtimäki YP1a: A fantastic striker, capable of tap-ins, screamers and occasionally being completely anonymous. Top scorer and he should continue to become more consistent next time out.  

Tuure Nummi: When he’s good, he’s very good. Relieved to sign our Inside Forward for another year as he was starting to agitate for a move.

Notable Youth Players:

Jari Lönnström YP1b: Remarkable development in his first year, he became a vital first-team member in the second half of the season. Turned down a £100K deal from Odd in Norway for him, a big decision.

Ilkka Vasara YP1f: Here’s one I did not see coming! Not even worthy of a screenshot last year, the central defender was nearly always reliable when filling in at the back, with a 7.1 average rating.

Lauri Mäkelä YP1d: Already a good player at this level with 22 out of a possible 27 league appearances, the youth academy really has produced wonders this time round.

Tommi Virtanen YP1e: The keeper was far better than the ‘fairly average’ judgement I made upon his arrival, and is set to become our first choice in 2019.

Youth intake 2018

A level below the standard of last year, but given the rate of development of our youngsters, I can’t rule out that this lot won’t become key players.

Markku Vainio YP2a: It’s nice to get a decent right-sided option and I hope Vainio’s mental and physical attributes means that he gets over his technical deficiencies swiftly.

Jarmo Purosto YP2b: We have a strong midfield so I’m not expecting much in the short-term, but over time he looks like another first teamer.

Petteri Juura YP2c: As a left sided midfielder he’ll have to compete with Orenius, but he’s undoubtedly got great potential.

Mika Lehtimäki YP2d: Not to be confused with our mercurial striker from last year, I think I can develop him into an enterprising wing back on the left.

Jukka Henriksson YP2e: Has work to do but his best and worst features are in contrast to Vainio’s, so it should be interesting to see which right winger has the greater impact.

Season-by-season progress

Season Division Position Suomen Cup Top scorer Star man Top youth player
2017 Ykkönen 6th Group stage Nummi: 12 Ali Lehtimäki (YP1a)
2018 Ykkönen 3rd Group stage Lehtimäki (YP1a): 15 Orenius (YP1c) Orenius (YP1c)

Off-field progress

Season Finances Av. Attendance Capacity Training Facs. Youth Facs. Youth Rec. Junior Coaching
2017 -£84K 261 1,000 Average Basic Fairly Basic Good
2018 £110K 235 1,000 Average Basic Fairly Basic Good

Aims for next season

We are definitely capable of winning the league, so let’s try that. It would also be nice to get a through the group stage of the cup.

Edited by Duroliponte

@darren1983 Congratulation on getting promotion! I think the National League is the toughest league in England.

@Duroliponte Great second season, and great to see some youth players in key roles for you already. Good luck on the promotion charge next year!

Last update from me today.

I have never experienced anything quite as spectacular whilst playing this game, literally jumped out of my seat.

XD2vpAj.png?1

Just now, Sanno11 said:

Last update from me today.

I have never experienced anything quite as spectacular whilst playing this game, literally jumped out of my seat.

Amazing!  And now for some gate receipts from an Old Trafford replay...... :eek:

I decided to try this challenge in Norway, looks like it's going to be fun, because there's the following structure:

4 groups of 14 teams, 4 get promoted into higher league, and 7 teams from each division get relegated, that's 28 clubs getting relegated from 56 :D

EDIT: Seems like the game played me up, because the drastic structure changes after first year into two groups of 14 teams with 3 relegations...but that means those 2 divisions were filled from surviving clubs and no club from lower league got promoted :seagull: gotta holiday for another year to start the challenge

Edited by Tush

@MadCatPT Cheers, 5 years in National North, ouch. Couple reason's I went with Dulwich was their rep meant they signed some good players in the holiday season, plus the squad was young (my eldest player now is only 30 & only had 2 players over that age in 5 years) plus being London based gave me (I felt anyway) a wider range of potential players to bring in even with all the clubs in the area. Blyth are a tough challenge as where they are based will find it difficult to attract kids from further afield and the best will go to Newcastle/Sunderland, keep at it though, have a feeling once you break out of the National North you'll fly through the National league.

@The_Gato_In_Goal Welcome back, I too tried Dafuge's challenge this year but much prefer developing players these days. Good luck wherever you pick

@makovn Cheers, yeah a good striker can make all the difference. Congrats on a good season, pushing close to those promotion spots.

@Sanno11 Cheers, am excited by Reed, now I'm professional have got him on a 3 year deal training every day. Well done on the draw with Utd as well, that replay should set you up for some upgrades.

@Duroliponte Good season there, so close to promotion, good luck next year.

@Pippadoc & @Vevi yeah England can be tough, but once established in the poem the money should mean lots of investments into facilities.

@Braumiller Cheers, yeah 5 season's to the football league was a couple earlier then I hoped (and 5 earlier then I planned for) not sure where this years form cam from (a striker getting close to 30 was a massive help) so we'll see how I adapt to full time football now

@MADA I use a couple of face packs that I've used in the last couple of years. Got them in the skining forum, issue is the beards don't line up this year so some players look very odd. These are the 2 I use though 

20161123190851_1.jpg

seriously FM!?!?!  two years in a row!?!?! just what makes me hate FM

Best coaching in the league :cool: 

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 16.45.41.png

@makovn ouch, that's harsh. As a Brentford fan it reminds of of Scott Hogan, came on as a sub for his debut and done his cruciate in, was out for 8/9 months then in one of his first training sessions he done it again. On the same knee. Missed nearly 2 years of football for us, making uo for it this season though :cool: 

@darren1983 I started playing FM2017 with this save, so got me the two first seasons find my footing, I could have done much better those first years.

I really like these saves where I struggle strangely, I have adapted to the talent I can get, finally got a GK and in his second game made a save that I didn't saw the old one do in 4,5 seasons.

Just four non youths on my starting eleven, so maybe I'll just go up when I have all youths. :lol:

A7NEhKR.jpg?1

Stålkameratene

Manager | Club | Facilities+Stadium | Squad

Stålkameratene is the club I've decided to go with, they have nice facilities from start which I'm sure will help greatly. The squad has good depth, so that's also satisfying.

Let's do this!

@Braumiller Norway's league reset date is January 13th :)

It seems you might have a point @MadCatPT, since all my youth are born in Albufeira. I've added "place of birth" into my squad view, so in the future it will be obvious to see.

@Shakes - Another good effort to get promoted! You'll get it soon.

Great promotion @darren1983! Way to get into the football league!

@makovn - Solid season there. Possible promotion next season?

Very close to a promotion there, @Duroliponte. Next season for sure!

@XaW Living in Portugal and my mother being from the Algarve seemed to help with insight. :lol:

I'll also check where my youths are from.

@XaW sadly I think that not this time my best cm Alexandru Corban has a minimum release clause and it had been matched by a team from liga I . With out him our midfield is much poorer

EDIT: scrap that, he is still with us as he rejected the contract offer. the window is not over yet but i hope no other club come for him

Edited by makovn

1 hour ago, MadCatPT said:

@XaW Living in Portugal and my mother being from the Algarve seemed to help with insight. :lol:

I'll also check where my youths are from.

Heh, yeah, that would give you a certain insight into the Portuguese geography and football. I must say, this is one of the amazing things this game can cause for me. The investigation of local geography around Albufeira isn't something I would check without game, that I can assure you. :)

I can only bring the same from Norway should anyone have any similar question.

Thanks @Pippadoc, @darren1983 and @XaW, and good luck with your respective saves. There are so many on here at the moment that I'll have to take a bit of time out to give them due attention!

Season three started brilliantly, we won our first few games and were looking excellent. What could go wrong? Well, the board accepted a £44k bid for Jari Lönnström (YP1b) from HJK (top flight club, no sell on clause) and would not listen to my remonstrations! Bear in mind that I was able to turn down a bid for £100k last season and had I accepted it he would have been safely sent off to Norway. I was devastated, but it didn't end there. HJK then came in for Mikko Lehtimäki (YP1a) for a pathetic £30k (again, no sell on) and the board again accepted without any opportunity for me to protest! This time I was at least able to offer him to other clubs and negotiated the same fee with SJK but at least managed to get a sell on clause, but the transfer window could not have gone worse. That's two of my three best prospects (one of whom is my top goalscorer) gone to potential future rivals for less than £100k, and I think it will probably blow our chances of promotion. They won't even let me put the money towards the junior coaching budget :seagull:

Tempted to throw the laptop out of the window at this point, but I'll try to carry on...

Edited by Duroliponte

JDWT2Eb.gif

Førde IL season 4: 

Intake - Squad - Prediction - Fixtures - Table - Review

Youth Intake:

Good potential, but bad personalities. Theis Nordvik could have been "The One" up front, but the personality might stop him from fulfilling his potential. That might also be the case for Remi Ytterhus, who would be a potential replacement for Markus Attila if his determination had been around 10. Stig Tore Dæhlie on the other hand, got a good personality and might get a few chances in the first team during the season. Most of the players with determination above 10 got promoted to the first team as an attempt to change the squad personality, but it seems like the experienced players still dominate the group.

The squad: 

The process of phasing veteran striker Myrkaskog out of the team startet at the end of last season and would continue this season. The plan was that Nordvik, Holtvik and Dyrstad would be the candidates for the job, and the idea during pre-season was to play two up front, since the individual quality isn't that good. At the back things stayed the same with Lillevik, Attila and Zetterdal running the show with some more inexperienced fullbacks. In midfield Bernt Kvam would be the leading player for most of the season, until he got sold to Jerv for about £90k+50% of next sale. The money from the sale were invested in junior coaching, so hopefully it will help us in the long run. 

The season: 

As stated above, the plan was to play two up front, something that worked okay the first few matches, apart from the game against Alta. Then my inner idealist got the better of me and I decided to try and dominate/control most of the matches. This lead us into a string of bad results we struggled to fight our way out of, and for a while we were dangerously close to the relegation zone. Fortunately we managed to turn things around, some of it thanks to Bernt Kvam, who, according to my assistant, showed potential to be a Premier Division midfielder . His performances led to some interest from bigger clubs, and this interest again led to him wanting to leave. Originally I wanted to keep him at all costs, but when I got almost £100 000 for him, I decided to sell. He decided to go to Jerv in the Premier Division, only to be put in the 2nd team upon arrival and will only play training matches in the future. Good decision by him. His departure led to a change in formation, from 4-1-4-1 to 4-4-1-1, with Theis Nordvik as the new advanced playmaker and Martin Holtvik as a poacher. Despite his not very poacher-friendy finishing skills, Holtvik scored quite a lot of goals, and with his determined nature I have hopes for him in the future. The season itself turned out pretty good in the end, with us snatching the play off spot after a win against Fløy in the final game. In the play off I was a bit too optimistic and started with control in the first home game, only to concede after 10 mins and struggle from there on in. We lost 1-4 over the two games, but I am not in a hurry to get promoted. This season we also got through to the 3rd round in the Cup, only to lose against Tromsø. Still we ended up with over £100 000 in prize money, so that is something we will try to do again. 

Edited by Velodromè

Great to see all the activity!

@Braumiller - You're tearing it up with that goal difference even if some unlucky results meant the points didn't go your way. Point differential is more indicative of future performance than wins, so you have every chance to be challenging for the league next year.

@darren1983 - Wow nice promotion. And even better getting a result against Man U, did they underestimate you and send a weaker side or are you just that good? :D I need a striker like the one you got, I barely have anyone with finishing higher than about 5 in the entire youth setup.

@MadCatPT - No indication he's any relation to Ronaldo but I bet he tells people he is when he's trying to impress them. :lol:

@XaW - Most of what I know about European geography I learnt from Football Manager, Crusader Kings and Europa Universalis!

@Velodromè - Personality matters, but attributes matter more, so don't write Nordvik off. Especially this year where personality seems to change a lot just by being around the squad.

@makovn - That's a solid starting season, don't write down your intake, I know some people have been getting unbelievable ones but any intake with a 5 star potential player who starts with more than 1 star is really good.

@Duroliponte - I love those seasons when any number of teams could win it with a bit of luck. This less aggressive thing, what is that? I like to tell my teams to butcher opponents, I'm proud of us setting the record for worst discipline. Good to be first at something! :lol:

29 minutes ago, Shakes said:

Great to see all the activity!

@darren1983 - Wow nice promotion. And even better getting a result against Man U, did they underestimate you and send a weaker side or are you just that good? :D I need a striker like the one you got, I barely have anyone with finishing higher than about 5 in the entire youth setup.

Cheers but it was @Sanno11 that got the result against United. I had the promotion and good striker (easy to miss with so much activity these past few days) 

On 11/21/2016 at 21:03, MCPlay said:

@Braumiller Well done on 2nd place in your second season, you are well ahead of my pace at this point! :brock:

Trust me @MCPlay, I don't think I will be matching your excellent exploits any time soon!

On my list of things to do tonight while relaxing is to go through all of your season reports to get a feel for when you hit major milestones so that I can try and plan and manage my expectations :)

I am so desperately craving that Professional status!  (Minor spoiler alert, I have been turned down again for it after my next mini windfall since my season 03 update earlier)

Haha sorry I did mentally confuse the two England attempts! I got to the end of reading and obviously thought you just went on and smashed a team in the cup the season after being promoted when thinking back what I'd read. Hopefully it's a prediction for you? :D

@Shakes after writing the review I found out that there is a rule in Romanian Liga II that you to have 3 u-21 in your first 11 so I see it in diffrent insight now as they look more useful because of the rules. Just wanted to say that catalin Pitaru 18a didn't develop that well and my older RB is still opening. So we will see but I did underestimate how important it is to have 3 good prospects in your first team now knowing the rules.

Edited by makovn

Wow, great job everyone.  Had some serious reading to do at breakfast to catch up with everyone's progress, looks like the topic has really blossomed. Unfortunately not that much time for me to play my Greek Youth Adventure and update, hoping to do that in the weekend :)

Selkirkfc.png

SELKIRK FC - SEASON FOUR - 2021/22

Scottish Cup - Betfred Cup - Challenge Cup

League Table:

We improved but it wasn't a big step, we desperately need to get out this division so we can increase our attendances and improve facilities.

Squad:

The young players are improving but not quick enough..

Transfers:

Finances:

We need a cup run soon to boost our money so we can start upgrading.

Youth Intake:

Some good prospects but nothing special.

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		SPFL2		10th		
2018/19		SPFL2		9th		
2019/20		SPFL2		8th 
2020/21		SPFL2		10th
2021/22		SPFL2		9th		

Youth Watch:

Gerry Noble YP21a is probably one of the best prospects to come out our Youth system, some Championship clubs have been interested but it will take a decent bid for me to sell him.

44 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Not sure when they added in promotion/relegation in Holland, but I can now confirm the reset date is July 7th. Took charge of SV Spakenburg, but with the holidays here in the states it might be a while until my first season is over.

Ha, a coincidence! :)

I just wanted to start in Holland, was a bit weird, I simulated at first but forgot to add players to the teams, simulated the season again and suddenly there was no promotion. So I had to do it a 3rd time... lol

And now, finally I can take part in the challenge. My first time here on the forums.

- Manager Profile

Say hello to Jan Jansen, the new manager of the Amsterdamsche Football Club.

Amsterdamsche_FC_logo.png

Bilderesultat for county haverfordwest

Season 20

League Table | Transfers | Season Review

Dafabet Welsh Premier League

15 in a row. 87 points and 1 loss, it was a 3-0 beating to boot. Any league season we don't go unbeaten is a poor one at this one

Cup runs

2 of 2, just keep rackin' up those trophies.

Champions League

Fixtures

After beating Sparta Prague 4-3 on aggregate in the play-off we drew a very hard CL-group consisting of Man Utd, Juventus and Sporting. We need a much kinder draw than that to be able to grab a third place, and in the end we only got 2 points from these 6 games. It seems unlikely that we will get a better seed in the foreseeable future, so we need to get real lucky with a draw to gain some momentum.

Youth Setup:

Youth Intake

Kevin Johnson 20A

Kevin Johnson 20A looks like he could have the potential to become a starter at right back. The second best player in the intake is a goalkeeper, who will probably at best become a second choice.

Big Fat Goalie Challenge:

Decent season for Dave. He got 7 goals, but only 2 free kicks. He also missed 4 of 9 penalties which is very poor.

Dave Owen 14B - 43 Goals. 7 this season.

Longevity Challenge:

The aim in this Challenge is to get players to 1000 appearances for the club. We're currently playing just over 50 games a season, so it will require an incredibly injury-free player 20 Seasons to do it.

Most appearances:

Huw Price 4A - 587 appearances - 23 this season

Dafydd Davies 7A - 558 Appearances -  29 this season, tore his ACL in December which could be fatal at 30 years old

Ones to watch:

Callum Hart 12A - 345 Appearances - 47 this season

Peter James 14A - 253 Appearances - 42 this season

Danny Roberts Challenge

The aim in this Challenge is to get a player to score 1000 goals during his career, national team goals count.

Most goals:

Jacob Davies 10D - 391 goals in 354 games. 34 goals in 37 games this season. Jacob was moved to a supporting role this season, as I am prioritizing Matthew as our new Danny Roberts hope. Jacob still grabbed 37 goals, which is pretty damn good.

Matthew Rees 18A - 79 goals in 86 games. 30 goals in 39 games this season. His sophomore season didn't match his rookie season, but it's still decent. He is progressing nicely, and looks poised to become our best player. Was named Welsh Player of the Year for the second year running, and got his national team debut at 17 years old

31 minutes ago, Sanno11 said:

Good luck in Holland @The_Gato_In_Goal and @JWVG. The money is very good in the Jupiler league, you just need to survive a couple of seasons first.

Thanks, could be a short adventure though, 2 points from the first 5 games... :(

Just a fair warning to anyone, check no make sure your team doesn't have 'no youth recruitment' before you start, just wasted a whole season before discovering why I wasn't getting any youth through.

43 minutes ago, JWVG said:

Thanks, could be a short adventure though, 2 points from the first 5 games... :(

I'm still joint-bottom, but as long as you're not last, you won't get relegated.

Bilderesultat for county haverfordwest

20th Season Anniversary Update

After 20 season at the helm of Haverfordwest County I felt it was time to give a little summary of my time in Wales. Provide some info on my best players through the years, the best moments and other semi-interesting stuff that has happened throughout the years.

The Managers Choice Awards

Here I will award the best players from the different positions throughout the year. Being named the best player of the last 20 years is a great achievement and although some players will be disappointed to be overlooked there can only be 1 winner of each award.

Best Goalkeeper

Dave Owen 14B - Career Stats

Dave Owen 14B has surpassed all expectations after coming through the academy. At the intake he was seen as a good, but not great prospect, and I mainly thrust him into the first team because of his good free kick ability, which fit in nicely with me trying the big fat goalie challenge. I never thought he would turn out this good, as he is a extremely dependable shot stopper in addition to his amazing goal scoring feats. He has established himself as my only sure-fire starter in the national team, and has racked up 11 games over the last year. He has scored 43 goals in 269 matches. This season he set a Welsh Premier League record by securing clean sheets in 9 straight games! He is contracted to us for 4 more years, with an option for 2 more, so he will definately be here long term.

Best Defender

Gary Griffiths 11A - Career Stats

When Gary came through the intake it wasn't immediately clear to me where I was going to play him. My tactic at that point didn't include a right winger, and it hasn't since. He had great pace and dribbling ability, and very poor defensive instincts. In another world, where I wasn't so overloaded with striker choices, he would have definately been made a striker, and I'm confident he would have been a great one. However, we decided to turn him into a right wing back. This has proven to be very succesful, and he is bombing up the flank time and time again. He leaves quite a bit to be desired defensively, but his contribution on the offensive end outweigh the bad by an incredible margin. An average rating of 7.82 in 307 games, with countless assists and some goals is streets ahead of any other defenders rating. This is of course aided by his attacking prowess, and some of the unsung heroes in the heart of defense should be credited for enabling his attacking.

Best Midfielder

Dafydd Davies 7A - Career Stats

Dafydd has been our captain and driving force in the centre of the park for over a decade. He allways performs, ratings of 7.40 + for 10 years straight. To have such a dynamic player in the middle inspires the rest of the guys to greatness. He unfortunately ran into a ACL-tear this year, which could be a big problem given that he is 30 years old. But if anyone is going to overcome such an injury is this guy, he has a mind of steel. He has played 558 games for us which is the second highest of anyone, and scored 90 goals. When he retires he will surely be our leader in games played.

Best Attacker

Huw Price 4A - Career Stats

There was never any doubt about this one. Sure Jacob Davie 10D has been great, and Tom Coates 6A might be the greatest talent we have produced, but there could be only one. We can list the stats, which are all amazing: 587 games, 405 goals. 386 league games, 289 league goals, 126 league assist. All this numbers lead our club. His career avg. rating is 7.63.

But all of these numbers don't matter when matched up with another number, 7. The 7 goals Huw scored in Copenhagen is a moment I wont ever forget. By a country mile it is the greatest moment I have experienced playing CM/FM for 15 years. He then scored a hat-trick in the second tie, before suffering a heroes "death" and tearing his achilles. He led us to that first CL-group stage, the basis that our entire club is built upon. It is all because of him.

mScMaUf.jpg

Probably the greatest footballer to ever live

Rico Duck - Career Stats

The german sensation has put Ronaldo and Messi to shame. He has won the CL 9 times and World Player of the year 9 of the last 10 times with one runner-up. 130 goals in 160 matches for Germany is pretty decent aswell, but international success eluded him untill the last Euros where he final put Germany over the top at the ripe age of 35. He is 36 now, and isn't really showing signs that he will slow down. An amazing player, maybe we will never see his like again.

Academy Graduates Out In The World

There are only two of our graduates that have gone abroad, Tom Coates 6A and Dylan Rees 11B. Jacob Davies 10D is likely to join them, as his contract is now up and he won't renew. They are both playing in the championship for Blackburn and Bolton. Neither has lit the league up, but they are consistent championship players, and we are happy for their success. Tom Coates 6A is probably the best player we have produced in my opinion, but I think there is a chance that Matthew Rees 18A could overtake him.

Our Standing In The World

We are now rated as the 55th best team in europe. We have been hovering around 70-60 for qutie some years, the leap further up will require us to make some real progress in the CL or Europa League. I think our best chance of getting the coefficient up could actually be to qualify for the Europa League, as we were seeded 2nd there last time around. Advancing from the group, and hopefully winning a tie or two could give us a bit of a nudge toward not being seeded last in the CL draw. The Welsh Premier League is now rated as the 36th best league in europe which is nice given that it started out at around 150th I think.

Semi-Interesting stuff:

Manager Stats | Manager History | Club Information | Trophy Cabinet | Club Records | Best Overall 11 | Finances | Facilities