Sports Interactive Community

On 10/19/2016 at 13:45, FifaBing said:

One of the best threads for every iteration of FM. Can't wait to see what you come up with this time. 

Thank you sir

8 hours ago, skyblueintarn said:

Hi Ross,

Are you still generating these in the same way as you did in 2016 through the editor? cheers

Seems like tycoons are generated more in this version but seem to stop funding so much sooner, even the rich owners who arent new tycoons seem to stop quicker which is more realistic.  no more pumping out cash hand over fist forever.

Tottenham, year is 2022, in past three years they have wont the EPL twice, The Champions league twice and won the fifa club world cup also.  same leagues loaded as with the last one.

1d05c9595f6a476bbc673751fb80c85a.png     CLICK ME FOR FILE

Hello here is a Pontevedra Tycoon. A club in the Spain lower division.  The new owner come from Hungary. The club worth is now around 70 million... Enjoy the file! :)

Pontevedra_ Financien Overzicht.png

Bas van Gendt_  Home-2.png

Pontevedra_ Spelers Spelers.png

Pontevedra_ Overzicht Alle-2.png

Pontevedra_ Historie Mijlpalen.png

Pontevedra_  Profiel.png

Edited by BasOM2000

2 hours ago, BasOM2000 said:

Hello here is a Pontevedra Tycoon. A club in the Spain lower division.  The new owner come from Hungary. The club worth is now around 70 million... Enjoy the file! :)

Pontevedra_ Financien Overzicht.png

Bas van Gendt_  Home-2.png

Pontevedra_ Spelers Spelers.png

Pontevedra_ Overzicht Alle-2.png

Pontevedra_ Historie Mijlpalen.png

Pontevedra_  Profiel.png

what leagues are loaded?

4 hours ago, BasOM2000 said:

Ross. How can I increase the chances of tycoons  takeovers? In FM17? 

I suppose you could edit edt, haven't tried it but until the beta is over the editor wont be out so not much else you can do

Ross. Can you show a picture of your edit files? I mean the valid  takeovers  only files. 

It's possible to add a tycoon before you start a saved game by editing the sugardaddy.edt file. (With notepad)

Sugar Daddy parameters:

#  "SUGAR_DADDY" "Sugar Daddy Type" "Club Name" "Alter Starting Finances Flag"

#  e.g "SUGAR_DADDY" "FRONT_END" "Charlton Athletic" "1"

#  "Sugar Daddy Type":

#  FRONT_END - They throw money at the club to spend.

#  BACK_END - They spend enough to make them a force in their current league but if they go up a level or two it would no longer apply.

#  UNDERWRITER - They don't give the manager any extra transfer budget but come the end of the season they will always cover any loss the club is making and not expect the money back.

#  "Alter Starting Finances": 

#  1 = true, 0 = false.

#  Allow the sugar daddy to alter starting club budgets or use db values.

3 minutes ago, BasOM2000 said:

But how works valid takeovers only? i mean the file of it..

It sets which takeovers are possible in different countries. For example tycoon-takeovers are not possible in Germany, fans trusts takeovers not in Switzerland. If you want to change that, add or delete it in the edt file.

"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Germany"  ---> No tycoon takeover possible in Germany

Can you show a picture of your edit files? Please. The valid takeover files only.

Just now, BasOM2000 said:

Can you show a picture of your edit files? Please. The valid takeover files only.

I did not change anything, so it's the same as in your game.

What should I change to get more tycoon takeovers in Scotland, England and Portugal? What should I change to get the default files to more tycoons takeovers?

Edited by BasOM2000
no reason to post the list

It's the game mechanism that sets the amount of take-overs. You can only change what type of take-overs can happen in different countries.

I know it. xD. It is not realistic i know it. But Ebbsleet has a rich owner From the Middle East. But 45.000 budget is not a realistic budget for Ebbsfleet  [ the budget that they have in the begin]. That is why i give EbbsFleet so many money. 

Edited by BasOM2000

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 06:54, KUBI said:

It's possible to add a tycoon before you start a saved game by editing the sugardaddy.edt file. (With notepad)

Sugar Daddy parameters:

#  "SUGAR_DADDY" "Sugar Daddy Type" "Club Name" "Alter Starting Finances Flag"

#  e.g "SUGAR_DADDY" "FRONT_END" "Charlton Athletic" "1"

#  "Sugar Daddy Type":

#  FRONT_END - They throw money at the club to spend.

#  BACK_END - They spend enough to make them a force in their current league but if they go up a level or two it would no longer apply.

#  UNDERWRITER - They don't give the manager any extra transfer budget but come the end of the season they will always cover any loss the club is making and not expect the money back.

#  "Alter Starting Finances": 

#  1 = true, 0 = false.

#  Allow the sugar daddy to alter starting club budgets or use db values.

never tried it this way but works good, tested it on Paris Fc. Works good. They went from having no transfer budget to a 1.6 million one and wage budget from 1 to 3 million.  Not to mention Paris is in a low league so I am pretty sure if you were in a top league it would be more. going to use them in a save see how it goes  Club also jumped about 4 million in estimated value. I am going to sim a season and see what happens finances wise. This is a much better alternative to changing the valid takeover files. you could have tycoons popping up all over the place then

Edited by Ross Ingersoll

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 07:07, BasOM2000 said:

What should I change to get more tycoon takeovers in Scotland, England and Portugal? What should I change to get the default files to more tycoons takeovers?

as kubi said, game will determine that. Best you can do is make it so its either promotion within or tycoon, you cannot turn off promotion within.

It works good. My   estimated value is from 4.5 million to around 12 million gone. And the club is Pau FC from a French lower division. I think as you choose a club like Espanyol or Olympique Marseille or FC Copenhagen it will be more money.. Maybe a estimated value around 150-225 million.. 

Edited by BasOM2000

however if you do tycoons that way without the editor, the current owners resources rating will stay the same so wont get as much as you would from a generated tycoon. until the editor gets here at least

How do I upload the save for people to use? s3SzK.pngs3SAZ.png

I was managing Hull City, only made 2 cheap signings the rest is just AI transfers. It has a relatively big database so may not be suitable for some people.

s3SFw.png

It's now possible to add a sugardaddy/tycoon with the in-game editor at any time.

8 hours ago, KUBI said:

It's now possible to add a sugardaddy/tycoon with the in-game editor at any time.

How do you do this? Does it change the chairman or just keep the chairman in place and add extra funds as previously?

Could people please also state if they use attribute masking. I just cant deal with attribute masking (even if it adds realism) :(

In earlier FMs you could not toggle this in saved games, is it possible in FM 17?

On 05/11/2016 at 08:59, iolodavanki said:

Could people please also state if they use attribute masking. I just cant deal with attribute masking (even if it adds realism) :(

In earlier FMs you could not toggle this in saved games, is it possible in FM 17?

No, not possible

honestly, the easiest way to get a tycoon now is just go to editor, find the teams owner, change his resources to 20 and use the tycoon edt and add it there. unless you don't like the current owner/chairman

On 02/11/2016 at 10:49, WestHullTiger said:

How do I upload the save for people to use? s3SzK.pngs3SAZ.png

I was managing Hull City, only made 2 cheap signings the rest is just AI transfers. It has a relatively big database so may not be suitable for some people.

s3SFw.png

Do you still have this available to download?

3 minutes ago, kenek086 said:

can someone help me to edit the file so tycoon takeovers can be valid in sweden? thanks in advice

You need to remove this line in valid_takeovers_only.edt

"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Sweden"

Location is steam game location, Data, edt folder.

14 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You need to remove this line in valid_takeovers_only.edt

"NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "Sweden"

Location is steam game location, Data, edt folder.

aha thank u =)

Hey,

how do you get them to come up in messages to say a takeover is happening last years game and years previous have been easy you just tick board takeovers in manage subscriptions and it would you so you a takeover regardless if it was a tycoon or not. On this years game I have went into social media tab then manage then custom and ticked board takeover box, confirm but nothing seems to show.

If anyone has any help that would be great

Kind Regards