"Waalwijk know where we're going, but we don't know what we've RKC'n!"

Deisler26

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful save,always i want to start somerhing in Netherlands with Roda (i like their kits)....All you want is a better start in your seasons and you can make it to European play ofs..;-) By the way Deisler was great!!!:)

On 01/01/2017 at 15:15, Sheriff7 said:

Beautiful save,always i want to start somerhing in Netherlands with Roda (i like their kits)....All you want is a better start in your seasons and you can make it to European play ofs..;-) By the way Deisler was great!!!:)

Thank you very much, my friend

22566586548_8936818463.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2020/21 January Transfer Window Roundup

Results

Our first game of September and we managed to smash our bad run with an excellent 3-1 win over N.E.C Nijmegen, which included a debut goal from £14m signing Loïc Le Coz and a first goal from Mark Kooistra since his arrival. We then drew 1-1 with FC Twente Enschede, with Diego Biseswar scoring the equaliser on 64 minutes. Loïc Le Coz opened the scoring against Heracles Almelo, but we were then stung badly as they walked away 1-4 winners. Thankfully, the next time Le Coz opened the scoring, it was the winner as we beat Willem II Tilburg 1-0. 

An own goal set us on the road to a 2-0 victory against Roda JC Kerkade before Diego Biseswar made sure of the points with a 92nd minute goal. Biseswar popped up with the opener against FC Groningen before Özgür Demir thundered home a 20 yard strike to take all three points in a 2-0 win. A quite stunning result against perennial bogey team sc Heerenveen was next. They took the lead, before first Loïc Le Coz and then Mark Kooistra thundered in hat-tricks as we destroyed them 6-1. We then drew against the top two, a 0-0 vs Feyenoord Rotterdam and a 1-1 with AFC Ajax Amsterdam (in which they equalised via bar and post in the 89th minute!!). Sandwiched between those results was an excellent 3-0 against PEC Zwolle, Loïc Le Coz popping up with a double. The deadly duo popped up again with both Le Coz and Kooistra on target in a 2-1 win over FC Volendam. We then stuttered before the Christmas break, drawing 0-0 with NAC Breda & losing 0-1 to PSV Eindhoven.

We got back to winning ways with a tight 1-0 win over Vitesse Arnhem. A goalmouth scramble on 79 minutes saw the ball run to Özgür Demir on the edge of the box, who then lashed it high into the net for the game winner. We then kept up by beating Sparta Rotterdam 3-2, with returning loanee Cesarinho making his debut and mark with a brace to go with Löic Le Coz's team-leading 10th goal of the season.

Finally, we conceded early on against ADO Den Haag and, despite knocking on the door all second half, could not break through. We ended up losing 0-1 to round off the window.

- Table - Results -

In the KNVB Beker, we faced Jupiler League side VVV Venlo and, thanks to a goal from Nigel Robertha, progressed with a 1-0 win. This was followed by an excellent 4-0 Third Round win over Go Ahead Eagles, two down out of two for the Jupiler League. Our Fourth Round tie was against FC Twente Enschede and, although we were second best all game, a header from a corner by Timothy Fosu-Mensah gave us a 1-0 win!

- Cup Results -

Transfers

We got rid of a lot of dead weight this window. Forward Noël de Graauw was sold to FC Den Bosch for £22.5k. Goalie Stan van Bladeren never lived up to the promise he showed when I signed him from AFC Ajax Amsterdam and he was shipped off to Almere City at a £43k loss, going for £36.5k. Backup left back Erik Sarmiento was sold to AFC Wimbledon for £76k, as I became aware of a decent talent in the reserves that could do his job. Australian defensive midfielder Michael Oates was head-hunted by Arsenal. £150k later, plus 50% of his next sale, and he was an Arsenal player.

The Premier League came calling again as Manchester City came in with a £7.25m bid (inc add-ons & 50% sell on) for hot striker Mark Kooistra. Faced with that, I couldn't help but agree. Mainly as Cesarinho had come back from a two year loan in Brazil. Next to leave was backup right back Joåo Andrade, he went to Atletico de Madrid for £4.6M (inc add-ons & 50% sell on).

Only the one player came into the club for money. Croatian striker Filip Juric was signed from NK Zagreb for £1.2m and then immediately sent out on loan to GNK Dinamo Zagreb. I see no issues here...

We also loaned in a young defender (Zev Klomp from VItesse Arnhem) and a young defensive midfielder (Braima Djaló from FC Porto)

31947702742_0edb5f26ed_b.jpg

Just an quick update before the youth intake next month.

Biseswar was on the downslide of his career and was starting to get annoyed with the lack of game time. So, instead of waiting for his contract to finish NEXT season, I snapped him up as a scout.

Also, my contract runs out at the end of the season and, although we've had the odd attempt at negotiating the new one, they won't expand the stadium and thusly they break down. Let's hope I get an offer by the end of the season.

2021 RKC Waalwijk Youth Intake

31986777141_b8f22d65b2_b.jpg

Full Intake Overview

GK Wim de Groot

D/WBL Elson Martha 

DC Yassir Benali

DC David Sabag

ST Teun Veerman

M/AMC Brandon van der Horst

D/WBR Piet Gerrits

A bumper crop of prospects this season and the new HOYD's affection for the 5-3-2WB means that FINALLY I have prospects where I need them, thusly why the large amount of day one signings.

2020/21 KNVB Beker Final

25 April 2021

2000hrs, De Kuip, Rotterdam

RKC Waalwijk 3-1 Helmond Sport (AET)

This was to be a historic Cup Final, no matter the result. Our opponents, Helmond Sport, were runners up on three occasions in the 1930's/40's and had never made it there again. We were in our first ever Cup Final, having made three previous semi final visits before now.

Jupiler League Helmond had beaten Eredivisie sides Vitesse Arnhem, ADO Den Haag & Roda JC Kerkade before knocking off FC Utrecht in their semi final, so I wasn't taking them lightly. Cesarinho had recovered from being out 5 weeks with a twisted ankle, but I wasn't going to risk starting him. Other than that, we had no injury worries.

The match kicked off on a cold day in Rotterdam. The first few exchanges were brief and forgettable, with the ball getting quite bogged down in the midfield. However, just after the half hour, Özgür Demir picked up the ball on the halfway line and sent a raking ball over the top of the defence. Nigel Robertha outpaced his marker, took the ball in his stride and then fired home to the left hand side of the keeper, giving him no chance! 1-0! Magnificent!! 

Half time came and went and we were doing well. I passionately told them that they could be heroes if they came away with the result. When the teams went back out, it was more of the same. Helmond had only had 3 shots in the first half. The clock was ticking and they weren't creating in the slightest. On 70 minutes, I substituted the underperforming Abdelhak Nouri (6.4) & Loïc Le Coz (6.6) for Cesarinho & Markus Bay. On 82 minutes, a Helmond corner was swung out to the penalty spot, Leeuwenburgh came for it and missed, giving the Helmond midfielder a free header. However, the header lacked power and it was cleared off the line by Darren Sidoel. However this clearance was soft and it fell to a Helmond player who rammed it in from the edge of the box. 1-1.

Unbelievable!! They hadn't been a force all game, yet they had capitalised on our only real mistake. Then, worse was to come as Cesarinho crumpled under a heavy challenge. He's be ok, but he was limping. The whistle for 90 mins blew and we had extra time to contend with. I bawled out the team just before ET, disgusted with the way we'd given the game away.

Straight away from the kick off, Alexis Blin, a steady influence in the midfield this season, clattered one of their players, claiming our first yellow card of the game. ET HT came and went without much drama, before all the drama happened. First Alexis Blin picked up his second yellow card for coming together with a Helmond player on 112 minutesThis put us down to ten men for the most crucial part of the game, as Helmond had gone to a 4-3-3 in ET. I looked through the available midfielders and saw that Viktor Einarsson had the best penalty taking experience. So, I brought off the ineffective Cesarinho, leaving Robertha up front on his own as a False Nine. 

On 115 minutes, a laser guided ball from Markus Bay in the middle, found Mauro Savastano clear on the left. His whipped in cross beat the first two defenders and found Viktor Einarsson who cushioned a volley into the left-hand corner of the net! 2-1! We'd done it! Helmond looked absolutely broken by that goal and that was proved on 119 minutes, when Einarsson played the ball forward to Robertha on the edge of the area. He took a touch then slipped a neat ball through to the onrushing Tafari Moore, who thundered the ball into the far left corner! 3-1! That was the game. There was barely any time for a kick off, but it felt like hours until the ref blew the final whistle! WE'D WON THE KNVB BEKER FOR THE FIRST TIME!

32084016796_4d0a07c600_z.jpg32004629191_200c5474a4_b.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2020/21 Season Review

Results

The start of February saw us beat AZ Alkmaar 2-0 with a Cesarinho double, then also beat N.E.C Nijmegan by the same score. Then came a two game stutter as we battered FC Twente Enschede, but lost 0-1 and then followed the same formula, only to draw 0-0 with Willem II Tilburg. 

We were then behind the eight ball early against Heracles Almelo and despite a Loïc Le Coz equaliser in first half ET, we fell 1-2. Our form didn't get any better against Roda JC Kerkade. We went behind late on in the game, only for Timothy Fosu-Mensah to pop up with a header from a corner to level it up a few minutes later as it finished 1-1. We smashed our bad run in the best way, a good 1-0 win over title (very) hopefuls Feyenoord Rotterdam. Özgür Demir slammed home from the edge of the area to give us a vital win and end their chances of finishing on top. We then played spoiler at home to FC Groningen. Despite being pegged back twice, Loïc Le Coz scored to give us a 3-2 win and also ruin their title chances. 

A late goal from Özgür Demir failed to save us from a 1-2 defeat against sc Heerenveen, but we redeemed ourselves with a good 3-0 win over PEC Zwolle, a game in which 16 year old youth team striker Teun Veerman smashed youngest Eredivise & RKC scorer records with a sensational 20 yard strike late on. A 1-1 draw with FC Volendam set the scene for us.

Two games left to go and we were in 4th place, 1 point out of 3rd place. If we won both, we could finish 3rd... Sadly, our last two games were away against AFC Ajax Rotterdam & PSV Eindhoven. Ajax took revenge for their Cup defeat by hammering us 1-4. Then PSV beat us 1-0 at their stadium. These results meant that we fell away to 6th and, only due to Willem II's draw on the last day that we didn't finish lower..

Season Expectations: Finish Mid-table

Actual Result: Finished 6th

- Table - Results -

32018597651_4fb6531950_z.jpg

In the KNVB Beker, we beat Jupiler League opposition in VVV Venlo, 1-0, in the Second Round before beating Go Ahead Eagles, also of the Jupiler League, 4-0 in the Third Round. We then took a tight one, 1-0, against FC Twente Enschede to see us into the Quarter Final. That saw us matched up with AFC Ajax Amsterdam and, despite the odds, pulled off a magnificent 3-0 win with a Cesarinho double to see us into the Semi Final. That saw us face FC Volendam and it took a 70th minute Abdelhak Nouri penalty to see us through, 2-1, to the Final. We would then meet Jupiler League Helmond Sport in the Final and, despite going to extra time, we took the cup 3-1aet to win our first ever KNVB Beker!!

Season Expectations: Make the Fourth Round

Actual Result: WINNERS (3-1aet vs Helmond Sport)

- Cup Results -

2021/22 Johan Cruijff Schaal

1 August 2021

2000hrs, Amsterdam ArenA, Amsterdam

RKC Waalwijk 0-0p AFC Ajax Amsterdam (1-2 on pens)

Well, on a hot night in Amsterdam, we were finally here at the official season curtain raiser, the Johan Cruijff Schaal. Having been like the Titanic or Southampton in the last few months, I was just happy to get back to the business of football!

The game itself against league champions AFC Ajax Amsterdam was an utter bore. We nullified Ajax to the point where they had one shot on target in the 90 mins. One. We blocked 5 of their 11 as well. The defence played excellently as the regime of a lot of friendlies to get the team up to scratch had the defence working overtime to get acquainted.

The most note-worthy moment was on 90 minutes as a ball from Demir was played out wide to the on-rushing (and on-loan) Giliano Wijnaldum. His burst took him past the out-of-position full back and his cut-back cross found on-loan Barcelona attacker Francisco Triguero all alone, just yards from goal. However, his finish was lacking and he put the ball straight against the stranded keeper, who managed to scramble it wide. 

So, as per Schaal rules, we went straight to a shootout after 90 minutes.

Penalties

1. Ajax player stepped up to take the first penalty... SAVED!  0-0.

1. Nasuf Özbek was first for RKC... SAVED!  0-0.

2. Next Ajax player up... SAVED!  0-0.

2. Abdelhak Nouri, our regular penalty taker was up next... SAVED!  0-0.

3. Ajax's third taker to the spot... SCORED!  0-1.

3. Francisco Triguero was up next... SCORED!  1-1.

4. Next up was the Ajax midfielder... SCORED! 1-2.

4. We next went with Özgür Demir. He stepped up... SAVED! 1-2.

5. Ajax with a chance to win it all... SAVED! 1-2.

5. New signing and vice-captain Andrea Ranocchia stepped up to save the game for us... SAVED! Ajax win 1-2.

31991058582_d4b55ed900_b.jpg 32101042066_1136e33a44_b.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2021/22 August Transfer Window Roundup

Results

We'd finished higher than the club ever had before last season. We were also cup winners. So I were given a brief to put the club's Finish in the Top Half, make the Europa League Group Stage and Make the Quarter Final of the KNVB Beker. To do this, I was given a final transfer budget of £43.91m and a wage budget of £394k

The 2021/22 Eredivisie season kicked off at home to newly-promoted FC Utrecht. And we laboured and laboured against the team, before loanee Guillaume Dupont fired home from a tight angle on 89 minutes to give us the 1-0 win. We got a taste of our own medicine in the next match, however, as a 92nd minute bundled-in equaliser for Vitesse Arnhem meant that our own late goal (80 mins) didn't prove to be the game-winner, as we drew 1-1. Another late goal, this time on 77 minutes by on-loan Paris Saint-Germain striker Nasuf Özbek, gave us a 1-0 win over AZ Alkmaar. We then came up against Feyenoord Rotterdam and came away from De Kuip with all three points, thanks to a 2-0 win, with a goal from the returning Richairo Zivkovic and a 30 yard screamer from the on-loan FC Barcelona attacker Francisco Triguero. 

However, our confidence took a major knock as we were thoroughly outplayed and outmatched by an FC Groningen side who sent us home, 0-3 losers to round off the month.

- Table - Results -

Transfers

Well. I had to check I hadn't been relegated. We were Bomb-Burst Central as players flocked to leave the club. All of them, bar two or three, demanded to leave the club and promised to raise hell if they couldn't.

First off, Loïc Le Cruz was the subject of a £31.5m bid from Tottenham Hotspur, made up of £18.5m straight off plus a lot of nonsense clauses. The chairman automatically took it over my head and wouldn't even entertain a protest. One down. My other striker, Cesarinho wanted back to Brazil and Santos FC gave us £12m for the privilege. So we were two strikers down already. Two reserve players were flogged for peanuts to Jupiler League clubs. Nigerian striker Kenneth Baruwa never really made the impact that I wanted him to and he was sold to Stoke City for £1.5m. 

Next to beat a path to my door to leave was center back Timothy Fosu-Mensah and he ended up leaving for A.S Roma for £7.5m. Wing back Tafari Moore whined because I turned down a number of transfer offers that were not of any decent value. Finally, I managed to get him off to Toulouse FC for £5m. Even my goalie got in on the act. A player who I had turned into a bona-fide shot stopper now whined like a struck dog. I was happy to get rid of Peter Leeuwenburgh to Zenit St. Petersburg for £2m. 

We then sold striker Nigel Robertha (now useless and 5th choice) to Carpi F.C 1909 for £1.3m, rising to £2.1m with clauses and finally defender Menno Koch was sold to sc Heerenveen for £1.7m, rising to £2.4m..

Well, after that gutting of the cup winning side a la Southampton after one good season, we had to rebuild. We completed the signing of Liverpool FC centre back Sherel Floranus for £1m, along with the free agent signings of former goalie Zakaria Draoui & another goalie in Menno Vink, who had been released from FC Utrecht. They would platoon my Reserve side and serve as emergency first team keepers.

My scouts uncovered another gem goalie at FC Groningen. 16 year old Tim Holder joined us for £2m. He'll go into my U-19 side until he's ready to take the reins. I also loaned in a pair of superstar strikers. Nasuf Özbek came in from Paris Saint-Germain and FC Barcelona were very kind enough to loan me Francisco Manuel Triguero which more than made up for the loss of Le Coz & Cesarinho. I hope.

I picked up a veteran pair on free's as well. 33 year old Italian international central defender Andrea Ranocchia was signed to give our defence a bit of savvy and leadership with the young guys. To bring the same to the midfield, I picked up 32 year old Dutch international midfielder Vurnon Anita after his release from Newcastle United. On Ranocchia's recommendation, I signed Genoa C.F.C's 21 year old wing back Antonio Candela for £3.5m, then picked up AFC Ajax Amsterdam's defensive midfielder Matthijs De Ligt for £2.2m. I'd been tracking him since the day I took this job. I then picked up cover in the midfield, Justin de Haas came in for £500k from AZ Alkmaar. One of my last few signings was cover for the left wing back spot. Giliano Wijnaldum arrived on loan from Leeds United.

Finally, it was the return of two former players that iced the cake. Midfielder Guillaume Dupont came back from Paris Saint-Germain on loan for the season and, in a twist, I saw that Richairo Zivkovic was transfer-listed by VfL Wolfsburg. And barely a season after he left, he returned for £3m which 50% of it was returned to me, so for a £5m profit, Zivkovic came back!

- Transfers -

Wow, that's a huge income from transfers! I really like your two wonderkids on loan too. Might be hard to replace them once they're gone back to their parent clubs, but can't argue with taking the chance to use such talents.

18 hours ago, noikeee said:

Wow, that's a huge income from transfers! I really like your two wonderkids on loan too. Might be hard to replace them once they're gone back to their parent clubs, but can't argue with taking the chance to use such talents.

They will be hard to replace, but I am hoping that Teun Veerman kicks on to improve enough to start (He's only 17) and Filip Juric will be back from his loan at Dinamo.

Archived