Deisler26

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2017/18 Jupiler League, Matchday 38

27 April 2018

2000hrs, Timmemans Infra Stadion De Vliert, Den Bosch

RKC Waalwijk 0-0Ā FC Den Bosch

Once again, for the second season running, we were looking at the last game of the season to decide our fate. It seemed that all we needed was to match Go Ahead Eagles' result and we would be Jupiler League champions.Ā 

A wet, cold night in April greeted us in Den Bosch for this final match. De Bosch were floundering in midtable, although had something to gain if results went their way. The whistle blew and we kicked off. Straight away, Thierry Ambrose picked up the ball, ran at the defence on the right hand side, cut in around 40 yards out.. and fired hopelessly wide. We controlled the play from start to finish. Den Bosch managed one shot in the first half and it was blocked by Nieskins. Nieskins had become an important part of our defence, since signing on an amateur contract and his impervious play and excellent marshalling of the defence kept Den Bosch from seeing any clear cut chances.

Half-time came and we were in the ascendancy with nothing to show for it. I encouraged the team and sent them back out.

We continued our dominance of Den Bosch from the word go. Viktor Einarsson flashed two free kicks over the bar and Lopes Cabral's crosses were causing havoc in the defence. On 62 minutes, a free kick by the far touchline was whipped in by Lopes Cabral. The ball flashed across the goal, flicked on by Ambrose. ItĀ passed everyone in the middle of the goal until Mats Knoester, arriving late at the far post, toe-poked it in. 1-0.... WAIT! The linesman's flag was waving madly. An infringement? OFFSIDE! GOAL DISALLOWED!! 0-0.

Dammit. We started to grow desperate. I put on players, switched to an attacking 4-2-3-1 and tried to pound Den Bosch into submission. It wouldn't work. A corner was headed off the line. Einarsson tested the keeper with one free kick and blasted over the rest. Ambrose & Malen both put wide when in promising conditions.

Then came the shock, on 85 minutes, a murmur went through the crowd. Jong PSV were winning 4-0 and that, as it stood, put them top on goal difference. The title was at stake. I threw on two more attackers and went all out, but it wasn't to be enough. The full time whistle had gone and we'd missed out on the title on goal difference.. The fact that we were promoted was no comfort whatsoever..

30839154711_f9a602eea3_z.jpgĀ 30810738282_4ac662ba67_b.jpg

22566586548_8936818463.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2017/18Ā Season Review

Results

February ushered in an excellent 3-0 win over Almere City. Next was MVV Maastricht. Two goals from Ezra Walian put us on our way at 2-0 at HT, but a missed pen for his hat-trick in the second half at 2-1 proved the difference, as they equalised late in the game, before missing a 93rd minute penalty of their own, to make it a 2-2 draw. Leaders Go Ahead Eagles then comfortably beat a sub-standard performance by us, 0-2. Then came the Donyell Malen show. He scored TEN goals in the next five games, a 1-0 win over FC Eindhoven, two goals in a 3-3 draw with FC Oss, the equaliser in a 1-1 draw with Fortuna Sittard and thenĀ a hat-trick against SC Cambuur-LeeuwardenĀ in a 4-1 win.

His final three goals were in the game that changed the title battle. A blistering hat-trick put us up 3-0 on Jong PSV Ā after 65 mins. After 78 minutes, it was 3-3. Jesus wept. A 0-0 draw with Achilles '29 followed, before we got our act together and pumped SVĀ Spakenburg 3-0. Helmond Sport were next, beaten 3-2 by a Thierry Ambrose hat-trick and not the two goals conceded in the 85th and 89th minutes... A late winner at FC Volendam, courtesy of Thierry Ambrose, gaveĀ us the 1-0 win and set up the damp squib of the finale..

Season Expectations:Ā Finish Mid-table

Actual Result: Finished 2nd

- Table - ResultsĀ -

Ā 

Awards

30818841632_cfdd2b8a0c_b.jpgĀ 

30818841232_9d9033b751_b.jpg25299808719_011f2c4b18_b.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2018/19Ā August Transfer Window Roundup

Results

Season 3. Back in the Eredivisie. We were under orders to Avoid a Relegation BattleĀ and make the KNVB Beker Fourth Round. To achieve such, we were given a Ā£180k transfer kitty & a Ā£42k wage budget.

We kicked off the 2018/19 EredivisieĀ season away to recently promoted N.E.C Nijmegan. Not the toughest of starts, but one that could set the tone for the season. Ezra Walian followed last season's good form by scoring our first goal back in the top flight after 9 minutes, but a late first half goal meant the game finished 1-1 and we'd taken a precious point. Next up was FC Utrecht, the first team this time. Despite going a goal down to a summer transfer target of mine, Ezra Walian popped up just after half time to give us a share of the spoils in a 1-1 draw.Ā 

Thirdly, this season, we faced Roda JC Kerkade. We had an even record with them in the last few seasons and I was looking forward to a close game. It wasn'tĀ close. They had 3 shots, none of which were on target. Goals either side of half time; Thierry Ambrose before the break and Ezra Walian after, gave us a very comfortable 2-0 win. Finally in August, we faced another team we'd already met during my tenure. And it was a fun game as we continued to catch SC TelstarĀ on the break throughout the game as Thierry Ambrose ran riot. Two goals on the break and for the third, his run and cutback set up Ezra Walian.

- Table - Results -

Transfers

First off was the usual round of releases, including 2016/17's top goalscorer Rob von Sonsbeek. Angolan Robby Ndefe joined FC Dordrecht for Ā£20k, swiftly followed by right midfielder Thomas De Man, who joined vv Emmen for Ā£20k. Young midfielder Arnold Janssen went to Vitesse Arnhem for Ā£250k + 50%. I didn't think he would make the grade, so to make money on him was the next best thing. I dropped a few amateur contracts then, in a shock move, SD Eibar came in with a bid for Borja Sanchez. I tweaked their offer until it reached Ā£1m and they accepted! Fools!Ā 

Coming into the club were left back Mauro Savastano for Ā£275k from AFC Ajax Amsterdam.Ā Ā We were especially weak at left back so it was nice to clear that up so early. Coming back on loan were Tyrell Malacia (Feyenoord Rotterdam), Donyell Malen (Arsenal), Thierry Ambrose (Manchester City) and Ismael Bennacer (Arsenal). Joining them on loan was DRC/DM/MC Chidebere NwakaliĀ from Manchester CityĀ and defender Justin Bakker from AZ Alkmaar.Ā With a last gasp move, we snared the loan signing of striker Geoffrey Castillion from FC Zorya Luhansk. It might be a panic move and I'm not especially comfortable with it.

We also raided the free transfer market, bringing in Italian goalie Mirko Pigliacelli, defender Menno Koch, Danish midfielder Markus Bay and centre back Damian van BruggenĀ in for nothing. Finally, we splashed out Ā£625k on AFC Ajax's young starlet Anderson Lopez.

Ā - Transfers -

Ā 

Basically, my transfer strategy as long as my youth facilities are terrible, is to just constantly scout the Ajax/Feyenoord/PSV youth teams and raid them where possible.

2018/19 KNVB Beker, Second Round

26 September 2018

2000hrs, Stadion Spakenburg, Bunschoten

RKC Waalwijk 1-2 SV Spakenburg

On paper, this was a game for the people who like to see a team crushed. Eredivisie vs the bottom of the Jupiler League. It wasĀ no contest. A lot of players came in for their first start of the season. Young talent Maurits de Baar was given a starting spot, the misfiring Geoffrey Castillion was given another chance up front and academy products; midfielder Sami Boucetta and striker Bilal Houari earned spots on the bench.

We set up to attack them from the word go. It didn't work. It took until the 64th minute to get a shot on target from either side. Castillion was hauled off at HT for Sami Boucetta for his senior debut. Then, on 70 minutes, a corner came in from the far side and caused chaos in the box until the Spakenburg striker rammed it home. 0-1. Instant panic.

Anderson Lopez & de Baar were yanked off and on came Thierry Ambrose and Bilal Houari, for his senior debut. I threw everything forward and on 80 minutes, it paid off. A throw near the corner flag by the full back Mezghrani found Ambrose's feet. He then laid it back for Mezghrani to sling a ball high into the box. Suddenly, there was 5'7" Sami Boucetta rising to bullet home a header! 1-1!. Surely, now we could go on win it. However, with just seconds remaining, a quick break by the Spakenburg goalscorerĀ saw him shepherded out towards the touchline. His curling cross took everyone by surprise, arching over Ingo van Weert, who was covering, only to be met on the half volley by the opposing striker. The ball cannoned off his boot and arrowed into the top corner, a wonderfully sweet strike that would have lit up any game. 1-2.

Sadly, the referee's whistle blew seconds after the kick-off and we were out in the Second Round againĀ :seagull:Ā :mad:

31073864345_0e720d46c8_z.jpgĀ 31073864035_f457600c66_b.jpg

So, I had the chance to sign a Moroccan youth from A.C Milan, but I needed an extra Ā£20k, so I went to the club and asked them to increase the transfer budget. They refused, so I leaked it to the press.Ā I then spoke cautiously at the resulting press conference, which saw me summoned to the Chairman's office.

He wanted to know why I was bitching about it to the press. I apologised and was told it wasn't good enough. Recognising the danger signs, I grovelled and kept my job, under pain of dismissal, should I criticise the board again.

Two games later, I had the chance to complain about the board in a pre-match interview...

Wanting to test this, I saved the game and cautiously said that it wasn't the best environment for civil communication. INSTANT SACKING lol.

So I rebooted and carried on...

RKC Waalwijk

2018/19Ā JanuaryĀ Transfer Window Roundup

Results

We kicked off this September with an excellent 2-0 win over Willem II Tilburg. Thierry Ambrose scoring the first, just after HT, with Markus Bay scoring in second half injury time. We scored again in the 91st minute against SBV Excelsior. This time it was Thierry Ambrose scoring the lateĀ goal, after loanee Geoffrey Castillon's opener in a 2-1 win. Our next game was against one of the big Eredivisie sides, FC Twente Enschade.Ā And we were 0-1 down at half time. However, a plea to the team to keep going at half time saw us rattle in two goals in two minutes from Ezra Walian & Thierry Ambrose. Markus Bay then put the icing on the cake on 90 mins to see us through, 3-1 winners.Ā 

Vitesse Arnhem were up next and we gained a solid point in a 0-0 draw. ThenĀ sc Heerenveen were toppled 2-1 in the next match by a late Ezra Walian goal. Thierry Ambrose then scored four goals in our next three games as we lost 2-3 to AZ Alkmaar; drew 1-1 with ADO Den Haag and, finally lost 1-3 to PSV Eindhoven. We then faced leaders AFC Ajax Amsterdam and, although we led 2-0 at HT, we escaped with a 2-2 draw. Next was the final match against the 'Big 3', as we drew 0-0 with Feyenoord Rotterdam.

We then produced our best football of the season so far, thumping FC Volendam 5-1, with even Geoffrey Castillon scoring twice. As is so often with this team, however, our good results end up with a bad one just after, losing 0-1 to PEC Zwolle.Ā Geoffrey Castillon popped up again against N.E.C NijmegenĀ to level the scores, then, more stunningly, Mumar Tankovic scored his first goal in 28 games to give us a 2-1 win. We then battled FC Groningen to a 0-0 draw, before being pegged back twice in a 2-2 draw with FC Utrecht, our second coming from a Mumar Tankovic 20 yard strike that thundered down off the crossbar and in.

Sadly, our last game of January came with our worst performance of the season in a 1-2 loss to Roda JC Kerkade.

- Table - Results -

In the KNVB Beker, we were knocked out by a Jupiler League side

Ā 

Transfers

Leaving the club on 1 January were full back/midfielder Mohamed Mezghani to FC Den Bosch for Ā£250k and goalkeeper Etienne Vaessen for Ā£20.5k to FC Twente Enschede.Ā Then, midway through the month, attacking midfielderĀ Zakaria Hamadi came to me, wanting out back to Italy. So, when Hellas Verona came calling with a Ā£750k bid, I took it. Same issue with my goalie Mirko Pigliacelli. He was my main keeper, but to want out on the eve of the transfer window closing was quite annoying. Luckily, I could source a replacement, so Pig was off to Bologna FC 1909 for Ā£500k. Finally, Brighton & Hove Albion came in with a Ā£700k bid for Mumar Tankovic. He was just starting to warm up on the goals front, but it was too little, too late for me.

Coming into the club in were three loan signings from parent club Girondins de Bordeaux.Ā Centre-back Till Cissokho, attacking midfielder Yassine BenrahouĀ & goalkeeper Over Mandanda. Also coming in on a free was full back Tafari Moore, who had played for us on loan last season but had been released by Arsenal.

Finally, we were able to pay out Ā£160k for DC/DM/MC Mattia El Hilali from A.C Milan.Ā This being the player that nearly lost me my job...

3 hours ago, the--dud said:

I had one today that simply saidĀ "Obviously 200 PA" then hashtag the player I was trying to sign :D

Oh man, did you see the general thread? Some lad got that message, downloaded an editor to check and by chance the regen it mentioned had like 197 and he was raging that the game is broken and whatnot telling him his players PA's. :lol:

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

Oh man, did you see the general thread? Some lad got that message, downloaded an editor to check and by chance the regen it mentioned had like 197 and he was raging that the game is broken and whatnot telling him his players PA's. :lol:

What?? Hahaha!!

RKC Waalwijk

2018/19Ā Season Review

Results

February saw us beat SC Telstar 3-2 with a late Anderson Lopez goal, then thump SBV Excelsior 3-0 behind a Donyell Malen brace...

And that's where it ended folks. Seriously. We did not win for the rest of the season. 5 straight draws were followed by 5 straight defeats, the last half of which was utterly horrific. Feyenoord Rotterdam put six past us in a 2-6 defeat, then we were 3-1 up against AFC Ajax Amsterdam in the first half before embarassingly folding in the last ten minutes to eventually lose 3-7. Then we were 0-4 down in 30 minutes against PEC Zwolle, before staging a semi-fightback and ending the game 3-4.

Finally, this ballache of a second half of the season was completed by two draws, a 1-1 draw with FC Volendam and a 0-0 draw with FC Groningen.

Season Expectations:Ā Avoid Relegation

Actual Result: Finished 9th

- Table - ResultsĀ -

Ā 

Awards

30838691010_8f2e864053_b.jpgĀ 31062600042_4e50bd63fc_b.jpg

Archived