Sports Interactive Community
Boy_Wonda

FM17 - Slightly older set-up (Spec. related)

Is anyone playing on a slightly older rig? 

The reason I ask, is that last year, 'CanYouRunIt?' claimed that my laptop (a Lenovo T410) wouldn't be able to play FM16 due to the graphic card (or lack of - actually it was failed on GPU RAM* being about 64mb when it required 256mb) yet it played like a bloody dream.

This year, the processing specs are more or less the same but with a tad more GPU oomph. Do you reckon it would still run? I know I can just refund on Steam if not - I'd just like to avoid the disappointment of having it there on my hard drive, so near yet so far...

*Possibly, or something like that. As may be apparent by this post: I am a technical dullard.

Vram... 

Generally speaking, if fm16 worked... fm17 should..

If in doubt, wait till the demo comes out and try that or as you said, try on steam and get a refund if not I guess.

I bought my laptop 4 or 5 years ago and FM17 runs better than FM16 did. The fan still kicks in when watching games but it's still smooth and fast enough for me. I was going to buy a new one but there's no need now. I have a Intel Pentium 2020 M processor with 6 GB RAM.

my laptop (samsung rv520) is probably 5 years old, i set the graphics quality to medium and it looks ok to me. canirunit tells me i can't but i have no issues.

fm17 does seem to run a lot smoother/quicker than fm16, maybe the 64-bit thing (I also have 8gb Ram that i upgraded to a while back)

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably wait for the demo, but it's looking hopeful... Thanks!

I have an i3 with 4gb and intel graphics.

Runs acceptably with the 3D ME on medium detail with all features (crowd, sky etc.)

My 2013 MacBook Pro moved from FM15 to FM17 and it runs faster. Of course this is on a brand new save compared to a 40+ season save so that might have something to do with it.

Edited by civilservant

Anyone tell me if this laptop will run fm17 smoothly I have no idea on specs for laptops! Cheers 

• AMD A8 7410 quad core processor. 
  • 2.5GHz processor speed. 
  • 8GB RAM. 
  • 1TB SATA-III hard drive.
  • Microsoft Windows 10. 

Display features:

• 15.6 inch screen.
  • High definition display. 
  • Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels. 

DVD optical drives:

• DVD-RW (read/write).

Graphics:

• AMD.
  • Shared graphics card.

Interfaces and connectivity:

• 4-in-1 media card reader.
  • 1 USB 2.0 port.
  • 1 USB 3.0 port.
  • 1 HDMI port.
  • Bluetooth.
  • Wi-Fi enabled.

Multimedia features:

• Built-in webcam.
  • Built-in mic.
  • Dolby sound system.

General features:

• Up to 3 hours battery life.
  • Size H2.3, W37.8, D26.5cm.
  • Weight 2.2kg.
  • EAN: 190404717120

Additional Information

Edited by Db1990

The cpu isn't great, but it will play fm, just not very well , depending on your definition of smoothly.

Don't want to spend loads on a laptop but one that runs the game quicker than half a star like mine does at the minute ha could you recommend a laptop that would run it well enough for a fair price? 

Very vague with your details... how much is a fair amount? how quick is quick? how many leagues are you running etc? where can you buy from etc?

Please post here:  

And i'll certainly see what I can do about recommendations :)

Will the game run on an ancient Nvidia GF7600GS card? I prefer 2D match view and FM16 was OK with that graphics card. Guess I'll have to wait for the demo to find out.