Football Manager Touch 2017 Feedback Thread

• Administrators

With the pre-release out, I've now closed the 2016 thread and opened a new one for the 2017 version. 

iOS and Android versions to come on full release. Whether you are playing this on Windows, Mac or Linux on your PC, or Tablet when it arrives, please let us know your feedback.

We hope you enjoy it.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abit disappointed that there are no changes to the league rules of MLS or A-league that make them abit unique to manage in. I could sign more than 5 foreign players in the A-league and every club is loaning whoever they can get in MLS.

9 hours ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

iOS and Android versions to come on full release.

Hi Lucas

I was wondering if there is a confirmed date as yet, as some say 17th Nov and others say 4th Nov?

Hi all. I have just purchased the Touch only version of the game, hoping to download and play the beta on my iPad. Is it possible to do this yet - if not - when will it be available and how do i download it for the iPad? Thank you.

Has the way tutoring is implemented be changed at all - here's hoping

Pity we still are unable to view anything beyond the basic stats for players in squad views (eg NO interceptions, header % etc). If its the same ME why are these available?

@ainscoud

There wouldn't be a beta for the tablet version or the PC version of FMT. SI only release a beta for the full game of FM. In regards to when it comes out for the tablet it is widely reported to be 4th Nov, and this should be available on your app store.  

@ainscoud

When the game becomes available on the app store I would imagine that it will cost something in the region of £14-£16. I am assuming from your question that you have pre-order the PC version of FMT17 thinking that it could also be used on the tablet? If so, my advise would be to get a refund and wait for 4th Nov for it to appear on the app store.  

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Prim47 said:

Hi Lucas

I was wondering if there is a confirmed date as yet, as some say 17th Nov and others say 4th Nov?

The issue with the tablet stores is that Apple has a submission process, so can't confirm for absolute definite. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Prim47 said:

@ainscoud

There wouldn't be a beta for the tablet version or the PC version of FMT. SI only release a beta for the full game of FM. In regards to when it comes out for the tablet it is widely reported to be 4th Nov, and this should be available on your app store.  

There is already a pre release beta for the PC version. It's available now.

3 hours ago, ainscoud said:

Hi all. I have just purchased the Touch only version of the game, hoping to download and play the beta on my iPad. Is it possible to do this yet - if not - when will it be available and how do i download it for the iPad? Thank you.

The Tablet versions are not out yet, see my above post.

1 hour ago, Prim47 said:

@ainscoud

When the game becomes available on the app store I would imagine that it will cost something in the region of £14-£16. I am assuming from your question that you have pre-order the PC version of FMT17 thinking that it could also be used on the tablet? If so, my advise would be to get a refund and wait for 4th Nov for it to appear on the app store.  

The PC and Tablet versions are sold separately.

2 hours ago, ifinnem said:

Pity we still are unable to view anything beyond the basic stats for players in squad views (eg NO interceptions, header % etc). If its the same ME why are these available?

I made a request for this last year. Maybe we need more people to make this request for this to happen. I don't think it's too difficult to include this since it's already calculated.

So...

1) Can we play with more then 3 leagues (IOS/Android version)? No

2) Editor available? No

3) Can we select who acts as a tutor to? No

So basically my 3 top requests for FMT17 didn't happen.

Conclusion...

I will buy the game, i will play it a lot, i will love it, i will enjoy it... but i'll be a sad sad sad man! :):(:):(:):(:):(:)

5 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

So...

1) Can we play with more then 3 leagues (IOS/Android version)? No

2) Editor available? No

3) Can we select who acts as a tutor to? No

So basically my 3 top requests for FMT17 didn't happen.

Conclusion...

I will buy the game, i will play it a lot, i will love it, i will enjoy it... but i'll be a sad sad sad man! :):(:):(:):(:):(:)

Hmmm...looks like I'll be waiting until February again.  (Sigh).

15 hours ago, vasilli07 said:

No, at least from what I have played so far.

Thanks.

Can we compare two players regardless of position? For example, can I compare a LB to a ST?

Always been a pet peeve of mine as I regularly retrain players to other positions.

3 hours ago, max787 said:

Thanks.

Can we compare two players regardless of position? For example, can I compare a LB to a ST?

Always been a pet peeve of mine as I regularly retrain players to other positions.

No unless the player at least has a rating on that position.

Now that FM Touch is a separate Steam install, it's not possible to change the player attribute colour thresholds.

Previously, the changes to the full FM thresholds were honoured in FM Classic/Touch. Is there a workaround for this? It just seems like the option is hidden in the Interface settings.

51 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

This happened to me 3 times already on June 20th 2017 when trying to get to the second season in Liga II in Romania.

Any ideas or advice?

Untitled.jpg

I remember reading a thread in a bug thread with a user who got his save to work by holidaying till 1st July. Can't find the thread now. You may also want to report your problem at the bugs forum.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/?page=2

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

This happened to me 3 times already on June 20th 2017 when trying to get to the second season in Liga II in Romania.

Any ideas or advice?

Untitled.jpg

Please report the issue in the bugs forum so we can look into this

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, tyro said:

I promised a player when signing that I would develop him. Where can I see that promise and whether it was achieved?

You can't. There's never been a promises panel in FMT.

20 hours ago, vasilli07 said:

Did someone forgot to remove tactic familiarity from FMT? :D

Jorg Holzman_  Inbox.png

Just a bug, please post this in the bugs forum so we can sort this. Thanks.

1 hour ago, marris09 said:

Is there any difference at all between fmt17 on pc and ipad?

I don't know about FMT 17 (isn't released on tablets yet), but I'm pretty sure that, like for FMT16:

1. Maximum 3 countries on tablet, while on PC you can tick "remove restrictions" check box and play with more leagues

2. Detailed past statistics for players/clubs/past meetings/etc. isn't available (disk space limitations) - only current season.

3. No editor on tablet

4. No "assistant arranges friendlies" feature (but may be this is the same case on PC)

The list is not complete for sure, just a couple of things came in mind

But, for me, the FMT on tablet is far more convenient way to play FM, so I don't care about all the above too much...

2 hours ago, tyro said:

It's not. Why do you think it is? 

Because when your assistant gives you his monthly training report you can see tactic familiarity.

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

It isn't a thing and it's a known issue.

So it's a bug? Good to know

1 hour ago, RTHerringbone said:

Bad luck. A bug is something that repeats again and again. That's one match with a hell of a lot of bad luck.

Still won 2-0 but ended up with 8 men on the pitch. Unfrotunately, half of them have long term injuries and are out for months.

On 10/24/2016 at 12:23, Lucas Weatherby said:

You can't. There's never been a promises panel in FMT.

Is that the plan of how it's going to stay?

I've a player who is unhappy that I broke a promise to him, fairly sure I removed them all at the start of negotiations but I have no idea what he was expecting of me now, rolling back through saves doesn't help when the information isn't shown anywhere.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, iamcontrol said:

Is that the plan of how it's going to stay?

I've a player who is unhappy that I broke a promise to him, fairly sure I removed them all at the start of negotiations but I have no idea what he was expecting of me now, rolling back through saves doesn't help when the information isn't shown anywhere.

You'll need to use the wishlist thread if you want new features / screens in FMT.

Thanks

Archived