FM17: Gems of Fm17

Welshace

1 hour ago, ben carter said:

Every time I start up a 17.3 game and check his CA/PA it's always set to something crazy low like 45/67. I'm not sure what's happening but any database configuration I try the game never seems to show the player in relation to what the editor says his potential should be.  

This is the kind of thing I'm noticing.  Like when I mentioned the dearth of talented young Italians - they're all 4-star or below.  Not a single 5-star or 4.5.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/04/2017 at 01:29, CybrSlydr said:

This is the kind of thing I'm noticing.  Like when I mentioned the dearth of talented young Italians - they're all 4-star or below.  Not a single 5-star or 4.5.

He has PA of 146 for me.

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎18 at 18:29, CybrSlydr said:

Bear in mind that the star rating is in comparison to your own squad. So if you have a really good squad, or even just a really good player at that position, a youth with PA for 175 or better could still only rate as a 4 star prospect.

Regardless, a 4 star prospect is still going to have a good chance of developing into a top class player.

31 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Bear in mind that the star rating is in comparison to your own squad. So if you have a really good squad, or even just a really good player at that position, a youth with PA for 175 or better could still only rate as a 4 star prospect.

Regardless, a 4 star prospect is still going to have a good chance of developing into a top class player.

Wait.

So what you're saying is the star-ratings aren't just... over-all?  So a 3-star player means they're as good as my team on average while those in the 4-5 are vastly better? 

How the hell have I played this game for... 5+ years and am just now finding this out??  I thought it was an over-all rating, not comparative to your team.

This explains so much!  Why Marco Reus and the like when I scout them come up as like...3-star or 3.5.  Why these "world class" midfielders and stuff are in the 3s.  Holy crap.

This puts an entirely new spin on things.

7 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

I understand how the star system works in relation to your own squad but I'm seeing players with -8 PA being set at a PA of low 50's when I start new games and I'm not sure what's happening. Just using the vanilla 17.3 DB.

10 hours ago, ben carter said:

I understand how the star system works in relation to your own squad but I'm seeing players with -8 PA being set at a PA of low 50's when I start new games and I'm not sure what's happening. Just using the vanilla 17.3 DB.

Sounds like a bug that you need to report to report to SI and providing them with save game files where possible. I'd call that a serious bug where the variable PA system isn't working. I myself encountered a bug where the PA value would decrease after using the in-game editor to check exact figures for CA/PA.

3 hours ago, wpmk said:

Sounds like a bug that you need to report to report to SI and providing them with save game files where possible. I'd call that a serious bug where the variable PA system isn't working. I myself encountered a bug where the PA value would decrease after using the in-game editor to check exact figures for CA/PA.

Will do. Cheers :thup:

I'm in 2023 and managing Iran, they've got a lad who is my top forward, been at Rostov for the entire game Sardar Azmoun, he's 28 now and worth £6 million. got pretty great complete forward stats for second tier in major leagues and top division for smaller leagues.  Also, Morteza Pouralinganji (31 in 2023 cracking BWM (I am playing as DC due to nothing else) [he starts in China], Ehsan Hajsafi, has great WB stats for most teams (he's on 157 caps now at 33, so should be ok WP wise) and Saeid Ezzatollahi (26 now), a cracking little DLP (also with Rostov as game start). I'm playing FMT with a medium DB.   Throw into the mix the lad already in Holland and there's definitely talent to be found in the Gulf!

2 hours ago, mikcheck said:

Does anyone know this player?  Becomes good?

gem.jpg

Being a Brighton fan yes I know him very well! 

He turns out to be a very good cam

In my fourth season with Brighton now and in the prem/ Europe and He is currently my first choice b2b cm, well worth investing in. Decent prospect irl aswell

On 14/03/2017 at 09:34, Welshace said:

Still always criminally underrated by fm players imo:

f347e366acd04233b1cc91821b5f274a.png

I've just started a new Southampton save and signed him. Where do you play him? I know his best position is AMR as AP but he's not that quick and I like to play with wingers. Will be a rotation option at AMC for me. Great stats for either AP or SS for me

I can't see him mentioned on here, but I have just started my second season with Plymouth in League One and have picked up Pavel Vyhnal on a Free Transfer.

He plays for Bohemians 1905 and is currently murdering the league as a Target Man for my side and looks like he'll be my main man up front for a few seasons to come circumstance permitting!

• 1 month later...

I will like to recommend Sheriff Sinyan from the norwegian top tier team Lillestrom. 
Picked him up for 200k £ in the first season with Sheff utd. Good ball winner who can also play at the back. Lots of potential too. 

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if he's already been posted, but have a look at this beast! Available for less than £5m and can play all along the central midfield. I'm gonna try him out on my Watford save.  

5955168a31b63_Skrmavbild2017-06-29kl_17_01_49.thumb.png.05375dc0c7af341bc878af641a99f4ea.png

I also stumbled across this wonderkid and I couldn't believe my eyes. 18 years old and already this complete. He can play anywhere in the defense and even as a DM. All for less than £4m. Must-buy.

595517125ebd3_Skrmavbild2017-06-29kl_17_04_38.thumb.png.4d88c0d72f469dfdf74c1b9d1d9c9cd6.png

Not sure if he's classed as a gem, but he's certainly been that for me!

Connor Ronan, starts at Wolves, might be able to get him cheap as he starts in the u23's.

I don't know how much he costs because I started as Wolves.

As you can see, his performances for me since I started have been very good for someone so young.

Mainly plays as an AM or Treq behind 2 strikers depending who we play.

Connor_Ronan_Overview_Profile_2.png

Connor_Ronan_History_Career_Stats.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived