FM17: Gems of Fm17

Welshace

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Welshace said:

1d120de18f884d1e844a3b7e10d1b836.png

Don't think I've seen this fella talked about yet on the forums.. he's a full international on a free and will come to championship sides.. does wonders on the left wing cutting in and shooting... also has Belgian second nationality so no wp issues.

Lol he looks like the budget version of Yarmolenko, great find for the Championship!

Skärmavbild 2016-12-19 kl. 11.47.00.png

Found this guy in Reading for my Saints save. Haven't heard of him anywhere but he looks like a decent AMC prospect to me and he could be yours for somewhere between £5-6 first season. I'll give him game time and see how he does.

Skärmavbild 2016-12-19 kl. 11.48.22.png

Liverpool bought this CB youngster from Pribram in Czech Republic in the summer window 2017 and it cost them £1.5m. Cheap and could surely become a class centre half. I wonder if you're maybe even able to get him to Championship sides in the first season before the big guys starts lurking?

Skärmavbild 2016-12-19 kl. 11.49.40.png

Another young French GK prospect with solid attributes for a 17 year old. He'll need game time though as any young GK to continue developing. I'll keep my eyes on him. 

7 hours ago, fidelitywars said:

Not a world-beater and will need to work on his dribbling but Adam Lundqvist is a solid option for what is, for me, a problem position at left-back. A kind of lower budget version of FM favourite Ludwig Augustinsson:

lundqvist.png

It's his defensive side that worries me about him..  how does he perform? and how much does he cost you?

4 hours ago, Welshace said:

It's his defensive side that worries me about him..  how does he perform? and how much does he cost you?

No concerns at all from his performances; I get that the low tackling can look a concern but for me, full backs are more about interceptions and he makes an awful lot of those. Has very solid concentration and pisitioning for a full back of his age too and his pace is always useful. He's a typical professional, consistent Scandinavian defender, really.

I paid £750k with a few add-ons in Jan of the 1st season with Stuttgart and he's been a huge success (albeit initially as a back-up until Bayern came calling for Mihailo Ristic).

Not really unknown players but useful to know when starting a new game.

At the start of the game, Joel Veltman complains to Ajax he wants a new contract (or something that makes him unhappy) and for a period will be available at a cut price of 5-7.5m until he signs a new contract. Not bad for a pretty solid youngish centreback who would be good for any top division side.

Mauricio Lemos can also be grabbed, I got him by declaring him as my top target, and scouting till full knowledge, and going to watch a Las Palmas game unsettled him enough for him to be available for 6-10m, a lot better than the 20+m they wanted. Pretty good price for one of the top centre back prospects at the start of the game.

2 hours ago, thomas166 said:

Mauricio Lemos can also be grabbed, I got him by declaring him as my top target, and scouting till full knowledge, and going to watch a Las Palmas game unsettled him enough for him to be available for 6-10m, a lot better than the 20+m they wanted. Pretty good price for one of the top centre back prospects at the start of the game.

Re Lemos... When did you purchase him? First window season one? Or Jan?

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 13:12, SpillBlood said:

December 2020 and Atakan Akkaynak is up for World Young Player.  I've never heard of him before.  I wonder if you can get him cheaper earlier on.  Starts at Leverkusen and Roma purchased him in 2018/2019 for £18million.  I feel like I've missed something that I've never heard of him.   He looks insane.

5fae0948734b83d81c2754939f881952.png

Oooh he's going straight in my basket :eek:

Not sure if already mentioned, but Louis Schaub is a really great AMC and he can be bought for around 2-6m euros on the first season.

He can also play on the wings. He is fairly young and his value goes up really quickly.

I cant make a screenshot atm, but here is his PA on my game

Spoiler

PA : 150

Picked this lad up on a free at the start of 18/19 season and has been fantastic for me. He's only on very cheap wages as well and is now worth over 8 million! I'm sure you'd be able to pick him up in League 1 as well, he has been absolutely on fire for me this season playing in an Attacking Midfield role.

20170113131654_1.jpg

20170113131704_1.jpg

Locatelli may be a bit pricey but if you get him early he's worth the investment. Here he is along with Melegoni in my Liverpool save in Jan 2020. Melegoni has had a few bad injuries including a broken leg so dunno if that has stunted his development a bit. 

Filippo Melegoni_ Overview Profile-2.png

Manuel Locatelli_ Overview Profile-2.png

On 13/01/2017 at 13:26, BeadyRoller said:

Picked this lad up on a free at the start of 18/19 season and has been fantastic for me. He's only on very cheap wages as well and is now worth over 8 million! I'm sure you'd be able to pick him up in League 1 as well, he has been absolutely on fire for me this season playing in an Attacking Midfield role.

20170113131654_1.jpg

20170113131704_1.jpg

Posted him in the 'African gems' thread; absolute must for those in the lower leagues. Incredibly well-rounded for the price.

On 13/01/2017 at 16:21, Kevmcc87 said:

Locatelli may be a bit pricey but if you get him early he's worth the investment. Here he is along with Melegoni in my Liverpool save in Jan 2020. Melegoni has had a few bad injuries including a broken leg so dunno if that has stunted his development a bit. 

Filippo Melegoni_ Overview Profile-2.png

Manuel Locatelli_ Overview Profile-2.png

Melegoni is coming along nicely for you. I'm thinking after this season I'm going to stop him going on loan and bring him into the first team squad. Here he is developing for me. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.03.04.png

Some of these may have been posted already, but this thread is long so glance over if they have. A mixture of players who've made it into my first team, and those who I have very high hope for. I don't know if any of these are known or unknown, but in no particular order...

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.03.04.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.07.55.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.08.07.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.08.48.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.09.06.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.09.20.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.09.35.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.10.02.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.10.30.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.13.20.png

Can anyone recommend players for the championship? (2nd season) I've just got Coventry promoted, tight budget, small squad! I've signed Mikkel Rygaard, looking forward to see how he turns out. i have all major European leagues loaded. will load more if necessary. 

Needed;

- LB 
- ST
- LM  

This guy, Domagoj Vida is superb. Bought for £11m Dynamo Kyiv in the first season he's been one of the best defenders in the PL. Can play all across the back 4 and as a DM but is best either at CB or RB. Has superb physical stats, is strong in a lot of the mental stats you need to be a top defender and then has good heading, marking and tackling to go with it. If you're looking for a versatile defender in any of the top leagues, Vida is your guy. Been so impressed with him. His value has sky rocketed too, so a good player to make some decent profit off.

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 09.31.06.png

22 hours ago, eliteg2k9 said:

Can anyone recommend players for the championship? (2nd season) I've just got Coventry promoted, tight budget, small squad! I've signed Mikkel Rygaard, looking forward to see how he turns out. i have all major European leagues loaded. will load more if necessary. 

Needed;

- LB 
- ST
- LM  

Not sure of your budgetary constraints but might be worth checking out the following:

LB - Adam Lundqvist, Jakob Ahlmann, Alex Gersbach, Rafa Soares

LM - Mihailo Ristic, Asmir Suljic, Edison Flores, Srdjan Plavsic, Mikael Noro Ingebrigtsen. Likes of Nicolas Delgadillo, Arianit Ferati and Todor Nedelev are usually available on loan/get transfer listed too.

ST - Bruno Petkovic, Florin Tanase, Stanislav Tecl, André Claro.

8 hours ago, danm2501 said:

This guy, Domagoj Vida is superb. Bought for £11m Dynamo Kyiv in the first season he's been one of the best defenders in the PL. Can play all across the back 4 and as a DM but is best either at CB or RB. Has superb physical stats, is strong in a lot of the mental stats you need to be a top defender and then has good heading, marking and tackling to go with it. If you're looking for a versatile defender in any of the top leagues, Vida is your guy. Been so impressed with him. His value has sky rocketed too, so a good player to make some decent profit off.

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 09.31.06.png

Nice find! I was looking for a BP CB that's also comfortable in playing as a DM and and I think I've found my guy. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, OhHoopedOne said:

Lautaro Martinez has to be the greatest signing I have ever made, bought for 8 million playing as Palace and sold him two years later for 40 to Atletico Madrid

Did you get a work permit? If so when. 

Just a few championship/lower prem players.. No SS though, too lazy for that at the moment.

Josh Tymon - Hull - DL/WBL

Dennis Adeniran - Fulham - MC (as well as his more well known team mate Sessegnon)

Jack Payne - Huddersfield - AM

Christopher Schindler - Huddersfield - DC - Solid and always has the likes of Gelsenkirchen sniffing around. Can be pricey.

Bradley Dack - Gillingham - AM - One of my fave buys of my save so far - Got him for around £6.5m with Newcastle, Sat him alongside Perez and Payne in AM trio.. Scores for fun.

On 26.11.2016 at 23:14, Antauri said:

Alberto Cerri. He's a Juventus youth player. He has great stats for a young target man, and is a great acqusition for mid table teams. His mental stats are solid, but he'd be an amazing player if his mental attributes (anticipation, bravery, work rate, teamwork, off the ball, etc) went up with 2-3 points each. His PA is pretty good, between 140-170, so hopefully that comes to fruition. Even his tackling and positioning is at 9.

Unfortunately Juventus seem to be unwilling to sell him for a reasonable price. He tends to be loanable though.

cerri.png

Update:

qhbcceB.jpg

Plays for the national team now, and is doing well there. I just sold him for €42m to Bayern. Couldn't keep hold of him, sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

13.0 brings in new gems to the game...

one such talent is Benzar:

Amazing fullback or ideally a wingback for arond 500k...  solid defensive, mental and physicals along with top notch crossing, shots, teamwork and workrate... brilliant backup to a big team or instant starter for anyone below imo.

74e1d5a463014425ae9c55d56b2d361a.png

2 hours ago, Welshace said:

Wow....

918d5c2d1dac4b7b8c1c2b1a4b838296.png

62c5c7e5cc6c471583c51283bfdbb980.png

f63c783185244c63ab3d61880154324d.png

Two footed and decision.. brilliant

8d49a5da73994da8abc7d32968c33162.png

when going through the Danish leagues, you should try to have a look at Jens Odgaard from Lyngby, think that you would love him

Robert Skov from Silkeborg have deservedly had an upgrade

Archived