FM17: Gems of Fm17

Welshace

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Antonin Barak. Useful midfielder; has height, power and decent quality. Lacks a couple of (for me) key mental attributes a little but a cheap, solid rotation option for most sides, i'd have thought.

barak.png

Linus Wahlqvist. Great option either at full-back or as a ball-playing centre back.

wahlqvist.png

1 hour ago, fidelitywars said:

Kwon Chang-Hoon. For me, the absolute find of FM17; has it all to be retrained as a ball-carrying b2b midfielder, IMO.

kwon chang-hoon.png

Sead Haksabanovic. Looks a talent for his age; well worth a gamble as he's plying his trade in Sweden's 2nd tier and is available for peanuts.

haksabanovic.png

Kwon Chang-Hoon

holyyyyyyyyy shietttttttttttttttttt

On 10/27/2016 at 12:33, fidelitywars said:

Kwon Chang-Hoon. For me, the absolute find of FM17; has it all to be retrained as a ball-carrying b2b midfielder, IMO.

kwon chang-hoon.png

Sead Haksabanovic. Looks a talent for his age; well worth a gamble as he's plying his trade in Sweden's 2nd tier and is available for peanuts.

haksabanovic.png

Chang-hoon  is a shame.. basically the same story as this lad :

008244123c664f7db15ebffe0eb8413f.png

Alex Robles ( Malaga ) ( DRC/WBR ) 

Nicolas Tripichio ( Argentina ( Velez ) DR/WBR/MR 

Kuki ( AMC/STC ) ( Malaga ) 

Evander ( AMC/MC/AMRL ) ( VDG : Brazil ) 

Ezequiel Barco ( AMC/MC/AMRL ) ( Indepediente ( Argentina ) ) 

3 hours ago, dannydude1511 said:

Does anyone know what the work permit laws for European countries are? (E.g. Spain, France)  Highly doubt a player like this could play for an English team 

Only UK has work permit rules IIRC, other European countries just count the player Foreign/non-EU in your squad registration if they don't have a second nationality (eg, Argentinian with Italian second nationality)

10 hours ago, dannydude1511 said:

Does anyone know what the work permit laws for European countries are? (E.g. Spain, France)  Highly doubt a player like this could play for an English team 

This is what I was getting at.. the fella is pretty well known to be ridiculously good, but just will not get a WP. Shame really.

11 minutes ago, Nonlondoner said:

Bagged Angel Correa from Atletico for £17.5m. He's been superb in my Arsenal save as an AMC. 

Nice but pls I like to see new names Angel Correa is wel known since at least 2-3 years ! 

Milan Djuric - Almost always the 1st player I buy every version of FM.  Perfect target man

£1.5m Region from Cesena

20161029220712_1.jpg

Jaromir Zmrhal

£1.5m Region from Slavia Prague

20161029220749_1.jpg

Tomas Soucek

£2m From Slavia Prague

20161029220833_1.jpg

On 27/10/2016 at 12:33, fidelitywars said:

kwon chang-hoon.png

haksabanovic.png

He isn't loaded on my game......What leagues do you have loaded?

Couple more decent-looking prospects:

Phakamani Mahlambi: Decent impact sub from the off; potentially great if a few of those mental stats can be improved.

mahlambi.png

Christian Barrios: Awful physicals but phenomenal technicals and good mentals, espcially considering his age. Riquelme-esque playmaker.

barrios.png

Ariel Fantoni: Another from San Lorenzo's academy and again, excellent technician for his age.

fantoni.png

Joaquin Ardaiz: Wanted by the big guns IRL and on FM. 

ardaiz.png

Miguel Trauco: Not one for the elite but a good, cheap option at left back. 

trauco.png

Agustin Sant'Anna: Another talented Uruguayan teen, potentially a top full-back. Nicely rounded for his age.

sant'anna.png

I may be in the wrong post, but this seems to be one of the few active ones.

I was wondering what teams in England have a good-quality academy with good youth recruitment (excluding the big teams e.g United, Chelsea). Looking to start a save with the view of developing their academy preferably championship, league 1, or lower PL teams. 

As I don't have access to the beta at the moment any insight would be greatly appreciated

1 minute ago, dannydude1511 said:

I may be in the wrong post, but this seems to be one of the few active ones.

I was wondering what teams in England have a good-quality academy with good youth recruitment (excluding the big teams e.g United, Chelsea). Looking to start a save with the view of developing their academy preferably championship, league 1, or lower PL teams. 

As I don't have access to the beta at the moment any insight would be greatly appreciated

Crewe & Watford I've always seen producing good youth.

Few decent players from Europe's middle-tier leagues.

Nemanja Mihajlovic

mihajlovic.png

Nemanja Maksimovic

maksimovic.png

Barrie McKay

mckay.png

And a few old favourites who still represent exceptional value:

Miha Zajc

zajc.png

Domen Crnigoj

crnigoj.png

And finally, Louis Schaub. About as good a player CA-wise you'll find outside the major leagues. Contract up at the end of the 2016/17 season too so should be available on the cheap.

schaub.png

Check out:

Sassa - Brazilian attacker 23 yo with good stats which get better. Around 6mil including instalments

Edmilson Silva - Brazilian r/l winger who plies his trade at Standard Liege. 21 yo at the start and not very expensive bearing in mind what he offers.

Saint-Maximin - Owned by Monaco and out of loan in the first season. But in the second season you should make him a major target as he routinely gets player of the season awards etc. One of the best wingers in FM imho.

Augustin Allione - Still very young still brilliant right winger. Still not very expensive.

Gustavo Henrique- Relatively inexpensive Brazilian cb (22 yo at the start if I remember correctly) with good stats who quickly improves. Bought him for RBL for 9 mil including instalments.

Look also at Widmer (rb), Antonov (lb), Everton (am/c/l/r/cf - GREMIO).

Aissa Mandi and Enzo Roco are still only 24yo at the start and still quite brilliant.

2 hours ago, Welshace said:

My favourite find so far I believe:

754130188043487e8780cfc3c7ea0eb5.png

£200k for a top notch young talented targetman who will come to championship sides...  he's also got an Italian passport so no worries with WP ... brilliant.

Outstanding find Welshace - I'm on him

Hello all, just wanted to give a quick update regarding the young gems I've signed for my current Empoli save (March 2019):

First up, here is Rodrigo Bentancur who is just as amazing as he was last year. He is always the first player I buy whenever I start a new save. Won the European Golden Boy award his first season with the club, posting 14 goals, 11 assists, 9 POM awards and an average rating of 7.58 in 37 games. Loves to score belters! Can't recommend him enough. 

FF937B44C623BCDB18181451CFE5844AAB02CD1B

And here is Assane Diousse, another player who is just as amazing this year as last year. A standout defensive/ball-winning midfielder, his physical stats allow him to beast the center of the pitch and sniff out any loose balls. He starts ahead of Kranevitter for me.

FE68BE54DE0E88CDCEC9DC8C035E8EC91FD14CEA

Marco Olivieri has really surpassed my expectations for his development, to the point of giving me selection headaches. He's slowly but surely being blooded into the first team here: 

3FB503E4B869B7D7802241FFFC17C53EAEB7F5EA

Here is Matheus Pereira, another player who was a personal favorite of mine amongst the wonderkids of last year. I'm sure if he got first-team minutes from day 1 in my save he would have developed way better than this, but in my save his initial stats were good but not amazing, so I felt he needed some work in the youth teams. His potential is still there, however, and he has now earned himself first team rotation minutes. Like Bentancur, he loves to score top-drawer goals.

AC1670F026C96D57C57193F363BA868C1317C048

And here is Diogo Costa (Not the striker!) - a ridiculously talented young Portuguese GK - he won the Italian GK of the year award his first season with the club, at age 18 and ahead of Donnarumma. Signed him for a 775k euro compensation fee. Absolutely outstanding player. Good enough to play right away, too. Progressed better than Svilar with about the same game time. 

FC16F4881112947358930D8EA09E6231E022BAC6

Of course because we can't rely on just one GK all season long, also because Mile Svilar was absolutely determined to leave the club, ran his contract down and wouldn't even entertain any contract offers for two full seasons, I had to quickly find another GK. I present to you: Dimitar Sheytanov

A young Bulgarian keeper with excellent stats and growth potential. In a comparison between Sheytanov and Diogo Costa, they are very very close on most attributes, making his purchase for 1 million euros an absolute steal. I haven't seen this guy on any "wonderkid lists" this year yet, either. 

F4115B58A3B5F229F71BF1A582E044B1CB657210

Here's Diogo Dalot, who has developed quite nicely and now gets regular first-team minutes:

9C098165CFB8117C93CC887725DFF6533E41F685

And finally here is Ruben Dias, who I signed last summer for a pretty large fee, but I think he's worth it. Bonus points for leadership!

BE479661E2EA7B3FA5D007283E135A6897FA904E

I don't have the screenshots for them now, but I can also highly recommend Rui Pedro and Pedro Pereira.

In case anyone hasn't noticed by now, Portugal has a huge quantity of young talents this year... when in doubt, just scout Portugal!

4 hours ago, enigmatic said:

How much did you pay for Morlanes? Looks like everything I like in a DLP except his lack of stamina/strength which should have room for improvement in a teenager.

(Your players seem to be popular!)

Think I paid around 1m for him start of second season.

Haha yeah they do, I have found a few more gems which I should post soon! I look for low wage/low transfer fee.

My favourite find so far I believe:

754130188043487e8780cfc3c7ea0eb5.png

£200k for a top notch young talented targetman who will come to championship sides...  he's also got an Italian passport so no worries with WP ... brilliant.

Super find that.

Bruno Petkovic is fantastic. I got him on a free (3rd season) and he scored 30 goals plus 10 assists in his first season in the championship and I ended up selling him for £13m. Also Igor Coronado from the same team is reallly good , also got him on a free. Plus Jordan McGhee (free first season now worth £15m) and Renato Santos (bought for 400k now worth 12m) have been incredible.

13 hours ago, PandoraBox said:

Just a head up, Diogo Costa and Dalot won't be as cheap as they were in the BETA version anymore. they have signed professional contracts with Porto, therefore they will be pretty expensive.

Ahh, can't say I'm surprised by that. If they are anywhere near as good in real life as they are in the game, that's a great move to get them signed.

Who are your favorite Portuguese wonderkids this year? 

8 hours ago, forzajuve said:

Ahh, can't say I'm surprised by that. If they are anywhere near as good in real life as they are in the game, that's a great move to get them signed.

Who are your favorite Portuguese wonderkids this year? 

Both of them were european u17 champions for Portugal this summer

There are plenty, too many to name them, Portugal is at their best time ever when it comes to youth formation. Before, there was only Sporting, but Benfica and Porto's 1st generation of fully developed youngsters from their academies started to came out like 2-3 years ago, and they are only getting better and better atm.

Portugal is currently  u17 European champion, u21 Vice  Champion(lost on pks), u19 semi finalist (vice champion in 2014) .

So you'll find plenty of them at Benfica, Sporting and Porto, and a few others at Braga, Vit. Setúbal, Vit. Guimarães, Paços de Ferreira, Rio Ave etc...

the best one is Afonso Sousa imo, but also signed a contract renewal in real life like 2 weeks ago, so in the final version he will be very expensive.

Archived