dafuge's FM17 challenge

lLZ1pCL.png

Vanarama National League South 2018/19

end of season review  / Start of Season Preview 

We were predicted by the media to have yet another  relegation battle, i was looking to try squad rotate this season as i never did it last year. 

League Table

Past Positions Ghraph -We  had decent season again, just wish we were bit more tighter at the back. 

Fa Cup -A 3-1 defeat to  Welling seen us go out the competition in the qualifying rounds. 

FA Trophy- Took St. Albans to a reply  after a 2-2 draw in the first game, in the reply had to make few changes and we got beat 3-1 .

Squad- Try to rotate the team in order keep players fresh and fit.

Transfer History-This Season i  wanted to get rid few players to reduce wage bill.  

Finances Summary- Still in the red but players due to leave will hopefully help increase the wage budget a bit at the club we are spending way to much on players. 

Key Player Profiles:

Alex Bass - One Of  two players i bought in on loan was good season too. 

Kwame Asamoah- The young midfielder was joy to watch will be try get him in on loan again or permit deal.  

Reise Allassani-Top scorer again his contract is up at the end season wanting more than what the club can offer him so going to be big miss if he go's. 

Lee Ndlovu -Still not allowed to play him yet  due to work permit issues. 

Shane Franklin- Good Back up player got some goals too will be looking to start him more next season. 

season       Division           Position        Achievements     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18      Vanarama National League South  11th    
2018/19      Vanarama National League South  9th   

Next Season:

I've  signed a one year contract extension,so I'm looking forward to rebuilding the  squad and  try  and maybe have a cup run this season too. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am restarting the challenge. I deleted my save with Ilkeston due to frustration after 4 seasons. One quick question:

Since the Brexit outcome is generated in the start of each save, I would like to know if @G_D_K's provided saves are from the same starting point, because if they are, the outcome of the 3rd batch is the hardest Brexit possible (everyone needs work permit outside of the UK and there is no Bosman rule anymore)

This wasn't the reason I deleted my save, I just ask, just to be sure. I would like to avoid that outcome if possible, I don't find it realistic, even though it's still a possibility.

As per usual, I've been reeled in by this challenge - won't be posting regular updates though because it usually just fizzles out..

I'm in charge of Nantwich Town and have just completed my first season, successfully avoiding relegation (16th). 

OLiMQTZ.png
16/17 CORBY TOWN F.C. | DOMESTIC LEAGUE'S HISTORY (CLUB) | PROFILE (MANAGER) | OVERVIEW (CLUB) | SQUAD (CLUB)

Hey guys, giving this my first go.  Messed around with the Euro challenge a few years back and really enjoyed it, figured I'd give something else a try in FM17.

Corby Town's got a lot of work out ahead of them as their last promotion to the Vanarama North lasted a season in which they were only able to tally seven wins.  If they're hoping to stick around and improve this time around I'll need to really bolster the thin back line, grab a competent coach or two and get some help up front as well.  Former Derby striker Callum Ball will need to carry the squad and win a few games on his own if we're to avoid relegation in our first season.  Other notable players are former Aston Villa U18 keeper Aidan Grant, AMC Deri Corfe and the rare talented lower level wing back in Amon Walton Owen.  The club will primarily play in a 5-2-1-2 but I may look to create a four defender tactic in the future.  The plan is to schedule some easy friendly games, get the boys headed into the season with high spirits and go from there, should be a fun save.  Thanks for reading.

Basingstoke Town
Basingstoke_town_fc.png
Season Update 21/22
League One
Position 3rd

Squad - Table - Graph - CupsInjuries - Transfers - Finances - Profile - Manager Stats - Confidence Review - Season Review - Sponsors - Basingstoke Awards

A fine season with a very pleasing 3rd place. We were in the top all through the season, even had 1 week in first place! In the playoffs we started away vs Sheffield Utd and put ourselves in a great position with a 2-1 win. At home we followed through and won 1-0 placing us against Colchester, who we had struggled with in previous matches. In the final this was no different, and we lost 3-0

Worst part of this season was the chairman selling several of our key players. Granted it was a much needed income, which again led to investments in the facilities. Still frustrating to loose potential great players like: Aziz,  Most interesting part was the boards decision to look for a potential place to build a new stadium.

The cups were all in all pleasing. Went to the 5th rnd in the FA where Swansea beat us 2-1 (and we even missed a penalty). In the ELF Cup we lost in second rnd to Liverpool and finally managed to get to the semi finals in ELF Trophy, where we lost on penalties vs Southend, after 3-3 in ordinary time. This was the hardest one to swallow, as we had 2 penalties scored against us in ordinary time.

Many players performed really well, but as always a few are worth mentioning:

DR Tyler Parker (previously at Man Utd) looks promising and had a good season.
DL Rhys Holt (another Man Utd reject) Have high hopes for this one.
DC Glen Dyer (previously Arsenal) Was only meant to be a back up, but he proved to be a great signing.
MC David Parkinson Would have loved to keep him, but some bigger teams were constantly trying to poach him, luckily I got the best out of it with a sale to Swansea and a loan back for the season.
SC Rico Harte Had a good season and am currently retraining him to inside forward. His stats are interesting. Wouldn't mind, if someone bought him for his release clauses though!
AML Kazaiah Sterling (previously Tottenham) was intended as SC, but has played well and scored quite a few goals from the inside forward position.
AMR Drey Wright had another amazing season, but also had a few annoying injuries.

The finances are looking good for now, unfortunately the L1 restrictions has limited a few interesting signings. such as Theo Walcott, whom was "only" 3k short on wages to sign. Did have quite a few injuries and some quite long. This is the only pleasing bit about constantly having a too large squad :D

Season	League		Position	FA		EFL		EFLT		Euro Cups		Achievements
21/22	L1		3rd		5th rnd		2nd rnd		Semi Final	NA			Playoffs
20/21	L2		2nd		4th rnd		1st rnd		Final		NA			Promoted
19/20	VNL		1st		1st rnd		NA		3d rnd		NA			Promoted
18/19	NLS		1st		2nd rnd		NA		Semi Final	NA			Promoted
17/18	NLS		8th		4th Ql		NA		1st rnd		NA			None

Going to give this a go

Play the game fairly slowly with very limited success so don't expect  to see Buxton in the football league anytime soon.

Just in cast though here is my starting profile

Eddie%20Wakeley_%20My%20Profile%20Profil

Its all about playing 4-4-2 for me as well 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 06:25, BillHoudini24 said:

I am restarting the challenge. I deleted my save with Ilkeston due to frustration after 4 seasons. One quick question:

Since the Brexit outcome is generated in the start of each save, I would like to know if @G_D_K's provided saves are from the same starting point, because if they are, the outcome of the 3rd batch is the hardest Brexit possible (everyone needs work permit outside of the UK and there is no Bosman rule anymore)

This wasn't the reason I deleted my save, I just ask, just to be sure. I would like to avoid that outcome if possible, I don't find it realistic, even though it's still a possibility.

There were I think a total of 4 starting points in the batch posted this season.  Each one was saved about 2 weeks prior to the regen date --- then individually simmed forward from there.

Chippenham_Town_F.C._logo.png

Chippenham Town Football Club

Season 3 (2019/20)

Table / Position Graph / Squad / Finances / Transfers / Manager / Facilities / Annual Injury Report / Confidence / Competitions / Reputation

Season Three picked right up where we left off at during season 2.  A decent start was marred by a few early mid-season losses, but then things settled down and we went on long runs of unbeaten streaks to finish the season strongly (our team record tying unbeaten streak of 11 was snapped off by eventual title champions Barrow by a score of 1-0.  That was soon followed by an 8 match unbeaten run, with one loss, then another 9 match unbeaten run).  Our record of 21-16-9 (79 points) was enough to finish 5th place and attain our first ever VNL playoff spot.  Our 12-7-4 away record was tops in the league -- of course, it felt like ALL of our matches were away matches, still playing 45 minutes away in a rented stadium, with about 1/3 of our home matches enjoying an away crowd of equal or greater size than our own home supporters :(

As for the team itself --- we were solid on both sides of the ball.  Defensively, we ended up joint 3rd in goals conceded (w/ 48), and 3rd best in clean sheets (w/ 14).  Goalkeeper Mourhino picked up the slack early in the season when Danny Lewis went down injured, and in his first season as a started was rock solid, conceding 48 goals in 46 matches, and beating predecessor Lewis' clean sheet tally by 2 (14 clean sheets).  In order to help out the defense, I signed huge contracts for two defenders --- contracts I normally shy well away from---but with the 24th ranked defense in about a dozen categories I felt I had to try something:  First, DC Burke came in at a whopping £1100/wk --- more than double any other earner at the time he was signed.  As the team's highest earner, I expected him to play nearly every minute of every match --- and play it well.  He didn't disappoint --- 45 appearances, 1 goal (a huge playoff goal at that!), 3 assists, 3 PoM, and a 6.98 AvR -- he was the rock of the defence.  In my 4-1DM-3-2 he partnered Ryder, Gater, and, late in the season, Rhodes (loanee from Swindon), and worked well with each.  He'll be a huge asset going forward...especially if he develops toward his L2 potential.  The second defensive signing was one I struggled to finalize, (requiring concessions in both promotion wage raise and raise after 20 appearances).  Sam Nichols came in at the left fullback spot and had a steady, if unspectacular, first season.  Still struggling in the fullback spots -- he's one I'd have rather handed back and save the wage budget :)   He was okay, but just wasn't fitting well with the tactics, garnering only a single assist on the season.  His opposite, DR Marsden, struggled but still got 8 assists himself!)

Offensively, the player I had brought in last season to be my #1 striker finally showed up.  Michael Obafemi set team records in goals scored (27), league goals scored (24), AND assists (14).  He partnered well with Cunningham early and often, with the two setting up each other on multiple occasions.  Even when Cunningham got benched for a bit of mid-season let-off (20 matches w/o a goal), Obafemi sparkled, with Saunders coming in, or midfielder Evans providing the assists.  In the end, Obafemi fell short of the player of the season...but his goal of the season ended up 2nd in league voting.  Expect him to be huge in the coming season.  Partner Sandy Cunningham would end with a solid season, despite the mid-season slump -- ending with 18 goals and 10 assists.  He turned in strong appearances at the end of the season, when #3 striker Saunders (10 goals/5 assists) went away on international duty.  Given the opportunity to prove himself, he managed 7 goals and 2 assists in the final 7 matches of the season, paving the way for our playoff run.

In the midfield, it was DMs Deeney and Rehman alternating in my DM/Anchor role--and both were everpresent all season long.  Deeney (2G/1A/6.84 AvR in 32(20) appearances) will ultimately be released at end of the season, as I look for someone younger to fill the role.  Rehman (2 assist/6.86 AvR in 34(14) appearances) will be the starter next season -- and I'm hoping he develops toward his L2 potential (a hope I have for a lot of players on the squad!)  Newcomer Rob Evans (MC) was one of the key players in the midfield this season, scoring 8 and providing 7 assists in his 43 appearances.  His AvR of 7.04 was one of the highest on the team (only behind Obafemi and Cunningham at 7.14).  With a full season in the tactic, I expect him to really shine in the coming season.  Connor Browne started the season slow -- the loanee from affiliate Swindon nevertheless was a key player in the final third of the season, ending with a 6.98 AvR while scoring 2 brilliant free kicks and providing 4 assists.

All in all, it was a solid squad -- despite the extremely low overall ratings in comparison to the rest of the league, the team worked very well in the tactic I've chosen.  What I really need in order to really make a push forward:  Some of these players to actually become VNL level players!  Every single player on the squad has a CA (according to the coach reports) of Leading VNN/VNS or lower.  About 2/3 of them have potentials of Decent VNL or higher.  Four or five have L2 potential or higher.  I just need them to grow into their potentials a bit...and we'd be set!  Unfortunately---with our limited coaching facilities...I don't see this happening any time soon :(

PROMOTION/PLAYOFFS

We made it --- our first ever VLN playoffs (or first ever playoffs of any type)!  And...we got extremely unlucky, in my opinion.  First, we faced off against 2nd place Lincoln.  A 2nd place Lincoln that led the league in both total defense and shutouts.  But --- I welcomed the matchup.  Why?  We'd faced Lincoln, and beat them, twice (4-2 away, 3-0 home wins), earlier in the season.  In fact, of the 36 total goals conceded by Lincoln all season --- we'd scored 7 of them --- nearly 20% of all goals scored ALL SEASON against the team!

So --- what happened?  Well --- very bad luck.  In our final regular season match -- a 3-3 draw vs AFC Fylde --- we lost two starters.  MC Connor Browne went down 6-8 days with a dead leg....and DR Liam Marsden for 5-8 days with a.....bruised jaw????  A WHAT???

Yes....the bruised jaw kept my starting fullback off the field for our home opener against Lincoln.  And....I didn't have a solid option to replace him either.  That, coupled with a Browne absence in midfield absolutely hurt us----and the very flat performance by the team lead to a 3-0 home defeat---and a lot of dashed hopes.

But...we still had to play the away leg.  As fortune would have it, both players were available for the away match (if not 100% fit).  It's amazing what having starters will do for your team!  The team played with a heckuva lot more intensity, and when Obafemi popped up with a 19th minute goal (started by a Browne corner kick, it took two efforts by Obafemi to bury it, as his first shot bounced off of a defender and back toward him) our fans started to feel a bit of hope.  When center-back Burke scored his first ever goal for Chippenham --- off of a Browne corner kick (see a pattern?) the fans went into a frenzy.  When Cunningham got on the end of a through ball at the corner of the 6 yard box in the 86th minute....the home crowd erupted, as the keeper made a fantastic, reflexive, point blank save to deny Cunningham, and, ultimately Chippenham, from an advance to the finals. 

3-2 loss on aggregate.  Would would have been if we'd been able to field a full-strength team in the first match???  If a "bruised jaw" hadn't prevented my starting fullback from taking the field???  We will never know.....

CUP COMPETITIONS

Wins against Billericay (4-2), and St. Albans (1-1 away, 2-1 home replay win) set us up for our first ever FA Cup 2nd round.  And....what a draw.  You remember last year's 1st round trip to the FA Cup?  It featured an away draw vs League One Oxford?  Well, fates are funny things --- as, the final balls out of the draw were, Chippenham and Oxford.  Once again, we were headed to The Kassam Stadium to face what are turning into our FA Cup nemeses. All I was hoping for was an improvement on our 4-0 loss of last season -- and maybe a bit more in gate receipts, as we were now in the 2nd round! 

By half time...I was just hoping for a lightning storm to cancel the match...as it was obvious that 4-0 come and go very quickly.  3 goals conceded in the 1st half hour...and we'd not taken a shot yet.

Yep....life sucks.

And then you give a halftime speech...and things turn around. 

We manage three whole shots in the second half!

We score three goals.

We...earn a home replay???   Vs League One Oxford???  Hallelujah!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, two early goals by Oxford leave us chasing the match again...and while Obafemi's 74th minute goal gives us a bit of hope, in the end it's not quite enough.  We succumb for the second straight year to Oxford, and our FA Cup dream run is over.  There is always next year.  Oxford again, and a 3-0 win????? 

The FA Trophy saw us advance to the 2nd round and meet board expectations.  I took that as tacit approval to field a...younger...squad in order to concentrate on the league --- a move that ultimately paid us off with playoff appearance.  In the end, the 3-1 victory over a really poor Newport Co (predicted 4th...finished 21st in league) was our only win in the FA Trophy, as we dropped a 2-0 away loss to VNN Guiseley to crash out.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS

Team of the Season

Team Stats/Awards -- Sandy Cunningham edged out Michael Obafemi for Player of the season, but Obafemi wins the fan's hearts with the goal of the season (runner up League goal of season) as well as young player of the season.  MC Rob Evans (free transfer) was the signing of the season.

Best XI Inductees -- As it is only the 2nd season, it's not surprising that we have 5 new inductees into the historical best XI:  DC Joshua Ryder, DM Akeal Rehman, MC George Milner, and strikers Sandy Cunningham and Kwame Asamoah are now part of the proud history of this team.

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season -- Sandy Cunningham,(34%) followed by  ST Michael Obafemi (30%) and MC Rob Evans(23%)

ANNUAL TOP ACADEMY GRADS

S1: 

S2: 

• Daniel Iles ST/AM(LC)- Another 2* /4.5* potential striker, starting with decent physicals and mentals.  If he can develop the technical he could be useful.
  • Daniel Iles (2nd Season)

S3: 

• Lewis Hoskins AM(R)/M(R) -- Weakest of my 3 "Top" newgens thus far -- needs a lot of development in order to make the cut

TEAM, INDIVIDUAL, AND LEAGUE RECORDS

Chippenham Town -- Team

• Highest League Position -- 5th in Vanarama National League (2019/20)
  • Most points in a Season -- 79 (2019/20)
  • Highest Attendance -- 4548 (vs Lincoln, VNL playoff Semi Final, 6 May 2020) (previous record: 970, vs Dardford, VNLS, 28 Apr 2018 )
  • Lowest Attendance -- 257 (vs Boreham Wood, 15 Sept 2018)
  • Highest Gate Receipts -- £59.95K (Vs Lincoln, VNL Playoff Semi Final, 6 May 2020) (previous record: £12.34K (vs Dartford, VLNS, 28 Apr 2018)
  • Average Attendance -- 476 (2018/19) (previous record: 474 -- 2017/18)
  • Biggest Win -- 4-0 (vs Hampton & Richmond, 5 Aug 2017) (previous record: )
  • Highest Scoring Game -- 4-3 (vs Braintree, 4 Apr 2020) (previous record:  4-2 (Vs Whitehawk, 23 Jan 2018)
  • Most Games won in a row -- 6 (20 Jan - 17 Feb 2018) (previous record: )
  • Most Games w/o Losing -- 11 (Jan 20 - Mar 24, 2018) (previous record: )
  • Most Games w/o Winning 10 (Apr 14 - Sept 8, 2018) (previous record: 4 )
  • Most Games w/o Conceding 6 (Sept 5 - 30, 2017) (previous record: )

Chippenham Town - Individual

• Top Goalscorer --27 (Michael Obafemi -- 2019/20) (previous record: 18 (Andy Sandell -- 2017/18)
  • Top League Goalscorer --23 (Michael Obafemi -- 2019/20) (previous record: 18 (Andy Sandell -- 2017/18)
  • Most Goals in a Match -- 3 (Sandy Cunningham --14 Dec 2019) (previous record: 2 (Josh Jirbandey -- 22 Aug 17)
  • Most Assists -- 14 (Michael Obafemi (2019/20) (previous record: 9 (Alex Ferguson (2017/18)
  • Most Clean Sheets -- 14 (Jose Mourhino 2019/20) (previous record: 12 (Danny Lewis 2018/19))
  • Highest AvR -- 7.18 (Josh Jirbandey (2017/18 (previous record: )
  • Most Player of Match awards
  • Most League Goals for club -- 58* (David Pratt) (previous record: )
  • Most League Appearances for Club -- Alex Ferguson 181* (previous record: )
  • Youngest Player -- 16y102d Jon Fielder (previous record: )
  • Oldest Player -- 37y76d Danny Lewis (previous record: Danny Lewis: 36y320d)
  • Youngest Goalscorer -- 17y155d Kwame Asamoah (previous record: 19y337d Ethan Millar)
  • Oldest Goalscorer -- 34y 183d Andy Sandell (previous record: )
  • Fastest Goal -- 27 sec (David Pratt) (previous record: 2m 11sec David Pratt)

AROUND THE (ENGLISH) LEAGUES

Promoted from Regional Premier Division

• Billericay, Solihull Moors, Truro, Harrow, Blyth, Grantham

League Winners (relegated)

• EPL:  Man United (Crystal Palace, West Brom, Aston Villa)
  • Championship:  Burnley (Charlton, Preston, Port Vale)
  • League 1: MK Dons (Leyton Orient, Chesterfield, Northampton, Doncaster)
  • League 2: Shrewsbury (Cambridge, Aldershot)
  • Vanarama National: Barrow (Newport Co, Whitehawk, Eastleigh, St. Albans)
  • Vanarama Nat North: AFC Telford (Nantwich, Cambridge C, Ashton Utd)
  • Vanarama Nat South: Sutton Utd (Hampton & Richmond, Salisbury FC, Hemel Hempstead)

Cup Winners

• English FA Cup: Arsenal(vs Leicester)
  • EFL Cup:  Man Utd (vs Southampton) --- That's a domestic Double for Man Utd--- following last seasons domestic Treble
  • Checkatrade Trophy:  Luton (on penalties vs Man City U23s)
  • English FA Trophy: Wrexham  (vs Maidenhead)

Euro Qualification

• European Champions League Group Stage:   Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal
  • European Chamions League Playoff:   Tottenham
  • EURO Cup Group Stage:   Stoke, Man City
  • EURO Cup 3QR:   Leicester

Continental Achievements

• Man Utd  -- Won European Super Cup (vs Juventus) --Man United 3rd trophy of the season!
  • Tottenham -- Eliminated from European Champions League Group Stage
  • Man Utd -- Won Club World Championship (vs COR) -- Man Utd 4th Trophy of season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Arsenal -- Eliminated from European Champions League First Knockout Round (by Roma)
  • Chelsea -- Eliminated from EURO Cup Second Knockour Round Final (By A. Madrid)
  • Everton -- Eliminated from EURO Cup Second Knockout Round  (By Leicester)
  • Man City -- Eliminated from European Champions League Quarter Final (by Anderlecht)
  • Leicester -- Eliminated from EURO Cup Quarter Final (By Shakhtar)
  • Tottenham -- Eliminated from  EURO Cup Semi-Final (By Gelsenkirchen)
  • Man Utd -- Won European Champions League (against Barcelona)  ***********************Man Utd with 5 trophies this season, 12 in past 2 seasons!!!!!***********************

EXTRA DETAIL

WHAT'S NEXT?

I always target season 4 as my goal for entering into league football --- usually by going 2 years in the VNN/S, and 2 years in the VNL.  I'm still pushing for a year 4 promotion (if only by a different route!)  We had a very solid season and there is no reason to think we can't press on and earn promotion this year.  The core of the team is back, and while I'll be trimming some deadwood (and some possibly useful players that just won't be able to progress), I'm already looking at bringing in some fresh players to pick up the slack.  Another 2nd round or better push in the FA Cup would also do wonders!

Thanks for those that have been following (Twitch/you-tube) --- it was a long drawn out season----but you all kept me coming back to it!  Look forward to my run in season 3 with the Chippies!

CAREER OVERVIEW

SEASON                             TEAM               LEAGUE               POSITION(PREDICTED)                ACHIEVEMENTS

• 2017/18         Chippenham    Vanarama South                    1(22)                                Automatic Promotion/VNS Overachiever
  • 2018/19         Chippenham    Vanarama National              15(24)                               VNL Overachiever
  • 2019/20         Chippenham    Vanarama National                5(24)                               VNL Overachiever

Osv6bQA.png

Kingstonian - 2017/18 Vanarama National League South

League table | Cups | Squad | Injuries | FinancesTransfers

We started rocky with a few defeats, but we bounced back with an undefeated streak of nine matches. Then came October which saw a vicious spiral that lasted until mid-January where we managed to win only twice. I was scared for relegation at this moment, nothing seemed to work anymore, so I went back to my Dutch roots, switching from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3, Dutch style. From then on we only lost once more before the end of the season. All in all, an 11th place finish is definitely a bit above the relegation the pundits were expecting. Really hoping to build on that next season.

Player of the season

Our best player this season was a young striker named Yiannis Constantinou with 15 scored goals and 7 assists. This 18-year old was released from West Ham over the summer and was more than happy to sign with us. I would heavily recommend him to everyone at this stage and I'm betting he can still shine up until League 2, where I hope to still have him when we get there.

Disappointment of the season

This would go to either our negative balance, which was expected, our negative goal difference (-4) or the role of our second striker, the support target man. I had two players lined up for the role, Ody Alfa and Rob Worrall, but both failed miserably scoring 3 in 22 matches and 9 in 30 matches respectively. Where the goals from Worrall mainly came when I already switched to one up front while Yiannis was out injured.

Season    League                     Position    FA        FAT      Euro Cups     Achievements
17/18       Vanarama North    11th        4th Q    1st        N/A                Avoided Relegation

Next season already shapes up to be a disaster, I'm well over the wage budget so hardly any new signings will be coming in.

Just finished first season. Proper update coming soon. Struggling for motivation though. Really want to be Worthing rather than Bognor as I actually go and watch Worthing semi regularly. Anyone seen Worthing get promoted?

1 hour ago, Stukey said:

Just finished first season. Proper update coming soon. Struggling for motivation though. Really want to be Worthing rather than Bognor as I actually go and watch Worthing semi regularly. Anyone seen Worthing get promoted?

Worthing was one of the three clubs I was aiming for, St. Ives and Harlow being the others, but none of them got promoted once in 100+ reloads, so I settled for Kingstonian.

43 minutes ago, Fizzle said:

Worthing was one of the three clubs I was aiming for, St. Ives and Harlow being the others, but none of them got promoted once in 100+ reloads, so I settled for Kingstonian.

Was just about to give up after another set of reloads, then I got Needham Market promoted to the Conference North. So there must be a chance. Should have kept that save, sorry anyone who is interested in that save.

Osv6bQA.png

Kingstonian - 2018/19 Vanarama National League South

League table | Cups | FinancesTransfers

Good and Bad season at the same time. The good is that we did better than last season and we were more stable all around with only one real dry spell between December and January. The downside is the financial side of things. Halfway trough the season the board decided that the 7k a week was on the high side and reduced the budget to 5k a week, while I managed to stay just under the 7k budget. So mid-season I started annoying the board about being over budget, while players got concerned about the clubs finances. For next season I will cut wages massively while trying to contain the same level of players.

Player of the season

Rob Worral was definitely our player this season, scoring 18 times in just 26 apps, becoming the all time club top goal scorer. He also got the highest average rating of 7.17.  Most apps for the club goes to Michael Onovwigun with a massive 114 league apps. It will be a while before someone will break that record I think.

Where Yiannis Constantinou was our best last season he managed to score a whopping one goal this season. Still he's a nice backup for Worral. 

Season	League			Position	FA		Other Cup		Euro Cups		Achievements

17/18	Vanarama North		11th		4th Q		1st Round		N/A			Avoided Relegation
18/19	Vanarama North		9th		2nd Q		3rd Q			N/A			Did better than last season

19 hours ago, Stukey said:

Was just about to give up after another set of reloads, then I got Needham Market promoted to the Conference North. So there must be a chance. Should have kept that save, sorry anyone who is interested in that save.

I got Harlow to come up a lot simming a second season.

I started dabbling at my save again and started to get some good results in the first couple of months of championship life.

I think I was just disheartened when I signed someone and thought he will be a class winger, then Everton signed Iwobi or something and my guy was just rubbish in comparison.

I'm pretty sure Everton made a net profit of £40mil during the transfer window and I was getting excited about spending £300k on a player :( 

On 2/5/2017 at 14:00, Barnet said:

Never done this before but just discovered this thread.  I always play LLM to the above rules, so, I am now the manager of Stourbridge :)  (1000-1, predicted 22nd)   Let the "fun" begin!

Had to start again (that'll teach me to save games to cloud in future!)  Now have the mighty Tonbridge Angels.

Osv6bQA.png

Kingstonian - 2019/20 Vanarama National League South

League table | Cups | Squad | Injuries | Finances Transfers

Campione! Campione! Ole Ole Ole!!

What a season, we've been in pole position for almost the entire season, bar 6 consecutive weeks in the first half of the season. We even managed to put ourselves a healthy 8 points ahead of the second placed Welling in December. By the end of the season there was a gap of 11 points between us and the rest of the table, unbelievable! 87 points total with 79 goals scored and 40 goals against nets us a goal difference of +39. I believe I can honestly say we deserved the title.

Best of the season

What's left to say, we had a brilliant season! Our top goalscorer last season, Rob Worral, netted us 18 goals last season becoming all time top goalscorer, but decided to kick it up a notch this season scoring 30 goals in all competitions, of which 29 were in the league, becoming the co-goalscorer of the Vanarama South 19/20 together with Hungerfords Kayembe, both scoring and playing the exact same amount, they both played every league game this season. Our fans chose our rock in defense Kolade Salaudeen as player of the year, scoring a rating of 7.73 on average.

Again the finances, I did a lot of transfers in the summer, offloading our highest earners while contracting comparable players on less wage and signing a lot of reserve players on non-contracts to save money, who barely got any playing time, they were just back up for injuries and bans.

17/18	Vanarama South		11th		4th Q		1st Round		N/A			Avoided Relegation
18/19	Vanarama South		9th		2nd Q		3rd Q			N/A			Did better than last season
19/20	Vanarama South		1st		3rd Q		3rd Q			N/A			Champions!

I'm using a new tactic that's working quite well this season, it's a 4-1-3-2 DM with simple team instructions. Basically we just clog up the middle and run that to victory. I'm 11th in the VNL right now halfway through after almost being relegated last season! Also doing well in financials since I had a good cup run, I've cut down our debt by 1/3 so far.

Blyth Spartans - 2023/2024 - Championship 

Final Position - 12th

We had a surprisingly good start to the season, once the inital few games were out of the way we managed to hover in the playoff places throughout most of the season, there was notably a lot of draws, which was reminiscent of my first season in League 2 - in similar fashion to that season, once security was acheived the team just went on a losing streak and we dropped to 12th. I am pleased I didnt go up as my squad were barely ready for the Championship, never mind a promotion - at the end of the season we were W17 D 15 L 14

Cups
nothing of note :D 

Transfers
Finally got to spend some money!

Manasse Mampala - Striker, target man  style, decent but hampered by injuries - £30k
Ian Pino - decent centre half I found from league 2 - £80k
Lloyd Carter - another lower league centre half but cost £400k
Rhys Healey - a poacher I've used before, £400k
Aris Golemis - Free left back from Australia Centre of Excellence  - I dont have Oz in my scouting range but I sussed these players are usually good in L1/Champ, so you can offer them trials and see :D  (regen)
Jamie Sterry - £230k to bolster the right back position
Brandon Barker - solid winger, free
Yan Dhanda - AMC who was free but quite injury prone
Matthew Williamson - tried to use some of the remaining funds in january to help the squad with a regen DMC, £500k
 Sam Hart - needed another left back after 20 clubs met Aris Golemis' release clause of £900k- bought him in for £120k so that was good.

Other news:
I'm now a club legend and the board are improving the youth facilities. I lost a few staff this year to other clubs offers so I'm going to fill my vacancies over the summer and hopefully I'll get some better regens this year as I've mainly had poop.

Finances
On the final day of the season I have £12k in the bank so this should look healthy when all the prize / TV money comes in . :D 

Has anyone got a Hitchin Town save? Spending hours reloading trying to get them into the lowest league.

Surely there must be an easier way than this (despite Hitchin having such an average reputation score), is there some easy way to automate this? --> reload/check-for-teamname/reload etc..

On 2/20/2017 at 12:57, rich10 said:

Has anyone got a Hitchin Town save? Spending hours reloading trying to get them into the lowest league.

Surely there must be an easier way than this (despite Hitchin having such an average reputation score), is there some easy way to automate this? --> reload/check-for-teamname/reload etc..

I don't think there is.  Keep rolling and good luck!

FZZuFp2.png

Harlow Town - 2017/18 Vanarama National League South

League table

Best of the season

Promotion in the first season! We had a rough spell mid-season dropping to the second half of the table, but we bounced back to playoff places, which we won 3-2 away at Maidenhead and drew 2-2 at home. The final saw us against Bath. The match stayed 0-0 the entire 90 minutes, so we went to extra time. Bath conceded a penalty in the 103rd minute and we were crowned the winner.

17/18	Vanarama South		3rd		2nd Q		3rd Q			N/A			Promoted!

Tonbridge Angels

Season    League            Position    FA        Other Cup        Euro Cups        Achievements

17/18    Vanarama South        3rd        3rd Q        3rd Q            N/A            Lost in Playoff's Semi Final

P    42
W   21
D    14
L       7
GD 32

Trying to pass my way out of the Conference South!  A solid start unfortunately without a promotion  

STATS:  Best in the league for:
Possession (58.02%)  
Goals (76)
Goals from Corners (7)
Pass Completion Ratio (76%)
Passes Completed (22185)
Shots on Target (300)
Fouls Against (576)

Priority for next seasons is to improve my strike force and my central defenders.

Hi guys!

I'm in love with this challenge, but I have played only fm touch for the last two years. Could we create an alternative version of this challenge with its own specific rules for fm touch?

Just some tips:

1) We couldn't use any type of unlockables, except "attribute masking" which could be unlocked or bought

2) Through the advanced setup we could select a big database and multiple countries and competitions. I already tried a setup like this in order to check how many players from three feeder leagues have been loaded and how many of them appeared in newly promoted clubs' roster: not full squad unfortunately, only few members (maximum 10-14 real players). So loans or transfers are necessary.

3) Obviously we should create a specific leaderboards for FMT careers.

What do you think guys? Any realistic chance to create FM touch variation for dafuge's challenge?

On 2/21/2017 at 16:53, Tecmo said:

Absolutely cannot get Slough up this year. Makes me sad, especially since they have a decent shot of gaining promotion this year in real life.

Finally got them, albeit in 2022. Got Hastings Utd too, never seen them before.

16 hours ago, Ivs said:

Hi guys!

I'm in love with this challenge, but I have played only fm touch for the last two years. Could we create an alternative version of this challenge with its own specific rules for fm touch?

Just some tips:

1) We couldn't use any type of unlockables, except "attribute masking" which could be unlocked or bought

2) Through the advanced setup we could select a big database and multiple countries and competitions. I already tried a setup like this in order to check how many players from three feeder leagues have been loaded and how many of them appeared in newly promoted clubs' roster: not full squad unfortunately, only few members (maximum 10-14 real players). So loans or transfers are necessary.

3) Obviously we should create a specific leaderboards for FMT careers.

What do you think guys? Any realistic chance to create FM touch variation for dafuge's challenge?

I don't have FM Touch, so I can't really comment on it. I don't mind if someone else creates an FM Touch version of the challenge though.

2 minutes ago, Ivs said:

Who owns full fat FM version has FM Touch, too. If you have FM17 could you try by yourself to test and create a good setup for this challenge.

I didn't realise that, but I do indeed have FM Touch. Not that I've got any interest in playing it, I barely have the time to play FM!

tlfhw7R.png

Havant & Waterlooville FC - Vanarama National League South - 2017/18

So after a long break from FM I'm finally back and decided to start this challenge again. Going with one of the bigger promoted teams simply because I generally suck at this game and want to at least give myself a fighting chance of success here!

Results

League

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Well I certainly wasn't expecting to win the league this comfortably. There were an awful lot of games that were much closer than the scoreline would suggest and this was a season that could very easily have seen us finish mid table if it wasn't for some individual moments of genius and some luck along the way.

Bit disappointed with our FA Trophy run to be honest, we were the better side against FC United and should have taken it but it's not the end of the world.

The FA Cup on the other hand was outstanding. Knocking out League 1 Colchester, Vanarama National Barnet and picking up a gem of an away draw to Chelsea in the 3rd round. Added a very nice £900,000 in gate receipts to the bank balance.

Club Status

Squad

Finances

Season Review

Club Awards

Manager Profile

Manager Stats

Transfers

Transfers

As per usual with this kind of game the first season was very busy. A lot of players brought in but strangely (at least for me) a few sent on their way for an actual transfer fee. Patterson and Allen departing with a 40% sell on clause and Faulkner a 15% clause so hopefully they will pay off in the long run.

Key Players

Bradley Clayton - ST - Our best all round striker, scored his fair share and always looked likely to set up a goal and if it wasn't for some desperately ropey finishing by other players he would have comfortably hit double figures for assists.

Matthew Paterson - ST - One of the few original players to be a key part of the team still and partnered up well with Clayton. Absolutely shone in the FA Cup though, almost single handedly dragging us through the first and second rounds.

Nathan Ralph - WBL - I didn't really have high hopes for Ralph when I signed him but he proved me wrong. A proper live wire up and down the left flank, always looking threatening with balls into the area and scored a few absolute screamers too.

James Bransgrove - GK - A mid-season signing but stepped straight into the first team and looked very competent. Kept us in games more times than I can count.

History

Season	League			Position	FA		EFL		FAT		Euro Cups		Achievements
17/18	Vanarama South	1st			3rd		N/A		2nd		N/A				Promoted

I ended at 13th in the VNL which is great! The second half of the season was a great run for me since I trained Match Tactics extensively so everyone could get to full training with the tactic. Also reached the 2nd round in the FA Cup as well as the 4th round in the FA Trophy, which removed 1/3 of the debt (500k to 350k) and allowed me to take on Millwall as a senior affiliate as well as Fisher as a junior affiliate. Millwall provides loan players and the no-fee friendly and Fisher provides better training facilities (Chesham has poor facilities and Fisher has below average facilities). Unfortunately no annual payments for me, but League One loan players will be nice. Looking up for Chesham!

Goals for next season are to achieve another midtable finish and continue to cut down on the debt with away friendlies at bigger clubs and good runs in the cup competitions, hopefully down to 200k or so.

On 2/25/2017 at 01:26, Tecmo said:

Finally got them, albeit in 2022. Got Hastings Utd too, never seen them before.

Hastings? That's my home town! Never seen them as a playable club

I've made it to the Premier league with 2 games to spare!

I'll post a full update later but the highlights are:

Increased the stadium to 7000ish
Chairman retired, didn't get a sugar daddy though :(
21mil budget for next year :D 
Managed to hold on to most of my squad
Improved youth recruitment but didn't get any good regens this year :( 
Starting to buy in a few good youth players though - including a 5'7" centre half who is getting 7.5 avg rating in the bundesliga, hopefully enough to get him a work permit when he comes back as I will try him in the prem, not sure how that height will go though...

Tonbridge Angels

Season    League            Position    FA        Other Cup        Euro Cups        Achievements

17/18    Vanarama South        3rd        3rd Q        3rd Q            N/A            Lost in Playoff Semi Final                         P    42  W   21  D    14  L       7    GD 32

18/19    Vanarama South        1st         3rd Q        2nd R            N/A            Vanarama South Champions                  P   42  W   19  D    13   L    10    GD 22

This time I managed to pass my way out of the Conference South as Champions.  (we were a bit lucky as on the last day all results went our way and we lost!)

STATS:  Best in the league for:
Possession (57.12%)  
Pass Completion Ratio (75%)
Passes Completed (20362)

Seriously low on Cash.  Currently all players are too expensive to keep at the club.  Going to have to be a lot more disciplined next year with finances, so will have to consolidate in the Conference.  It's going to take me a good few weeks to trial enough players to build my new squad!

Met Police - League Two 2020/21 - Season 4

It took awhile to get through this season and that was mainly due to a Windows Update going badly wrong that resulted in me needing to do a fresh install of Windows aswell as all my programs and settings (thankfully I didn't lose any FM data as it is stored on a different hard drive), and provided nothing goes wrong again I should hopefully be able to get through a few more seasons fairly quickly.

So having made it to the Football League in my normal three seasons, the hopes were to stay their this season, though the Bookies gave us no chance of staying up with the Media Predicting we'd finish rock bottom.

Reputation - Winning the non-league double last season didn't do much for our rep as we are rock bottom.

Transfers - Frustrating season as we struggled to sign new players as we just couldn't afford the wages, though the bigger problem was our lack of a transfer budget which meant the board would veto the signing of anyone who's agent would want more than a couple of grand as a fee and in the end I just loaned in as many players as I could in the hopes that a couple of them would come good.

League Cup - Our debut didn't got that well as we drew League One Millwall and then the game decided to make us play on the Thursday with a league match on the Saturday, so I fielded my squad players and we somehow only lost 1-0 as it seems Millwall didn't want to go through either, with my Keeper gifting them the only goal in the opening minutes. Interestingly the fans seemed to enjoy the cup as the game set a new Club Attendance Record.

Checkatrade Trophy - My squad players put up a brave fight but we finished pointless after being drawn with two League One sides as a defence made up of non-contract players was utterly overrun in each game.

FA Cup - We easily dispatched National League side York in the First Round before drawing the strongest side possible in Charlton and we put up a good fight but they were far too strong for us.

League Two - Excellent season as we finish a solid 15 points clear of the relegation spaces and were never in any real danger of going down which was impressive considering the comparison screen showed us rock bottom for pretty much every attribute bar pace.

We didn't start that well failing to win any of our first five games, as thanks to injuries I tried out some new formations that didn't work so went back to 4-4-2 and tried to bring in some better players to fit that formation and we slowly started to pick up points that lifted away from the relegation fight, but we lacked any kind of consistency - our longest run of results were three 1-1 draws towards the end of the season with us eventually securing our place in the league next season with four games to spare thanks to a 5-0 thrashing of Mansfield as they just couldn't defend set-pieces.

Interestingly we did top the league on Away Form but rather worryingly were rock bottom of the Home Form table (seems the short trip to Kingstonian didn't agree with us). Also I think Gateshead might be the first side to get promoted with a negative goal difference

Stat Pack - Results were all over the place though again first goalscorer pretty much decided the match, whilst by far our most common result was a 2-1 defeat.

Salary - We did well to stay up considering our wage budget was less than half of the next sides.

Attendance - This was disappointing as whilst we weren't bottom of the percentage table, in real numbers our attendance was less than half of the next sides (though it looks like Gateshead promotion charge didn't attract the fans). Whilst our game game against Oldham set a new Attendance Low

Squad, Home and Review

Continuing in Goal was American Gabriel Rosario who had an error prone season and then things got worse as he did his knee in in March and missed the rest of the season which gave my Loan Keeper Will Agnew a chance to impress and he but in some decent performances to ensure we didn't fall apart.

At Right Back was Charlie Seaman who had a shocking season considering he was one of the few League Two Rated players I actually had, as did my NIrish Left Back Josh Doherty (former Watford Youngster who was signed after being released by Ilkeston) as the game just seemed to kill the ratings of both my fullbacks for some reason this season and there wasn't any thing obvious going on in the matches, though the fact that they both made 100 mistakes over the season might have something to do with it (though Midfielder Doyle-Hayes was just as error prone but the game never punished him), though their ratings did pick up at the end of the season so hopefully they'll carry that form into next season.

At Centre Back I brought in Matthew Platt (former Blackburn youngster who arrived via Darlington) and he had a solid season and was even named in the League Two Dream Team, partnering him was Daniel Ballard who did well considering he really isn't good enough for this level, though on Deadline Day I snapped up Moroccan Zakaria El Badaoui who'd been released by Italian side Trapani after coming through Inters academy and he proved to be an excellent signing as he helped shore up my defence.

In the Centre of Midfield was Irish Deep Lying Playmaker Jake Doyle-Hayes who did ok but proved fairly error prone as he kept on getting caught on the ball which is not what you want in your defenisve minded midfielder, he also became our record apperance holder this season ending the season with 157 appearances, playing alongside him in the Box-to-Box role was the highly rated Tim Breach who'd been snapped up after being released from West Ham and at just the age of 18 was pretty much my best player and was having a solid season until he damaged his achilles tendon at the end of March and will now miss the start of next season, providing cover was Conor Gallagher who did well enough but isn't really good enough for this level.

On the Right Wing was Highly Rated Italian Maurizio Sannino who'd been loaned from Man City and he had a solid season though I was hoping for more from him, on the Left Wing was another loanee Michael Mabiala who'd been loaned from Mboro and he had a good season and I'll hopefully be able to get both of them back next season, providing cover was Matthew Neale who had a disappointing season which also ended with an injury which is likely to be the end of him.

Upfront playing as my Target Man was Nigerian
Freddie Ladapo who had another solid season though he did go missing for large parts of the season, playing alsongside him in the Advanced Forward role was Scott Ciaran Lafferty who arrived for the pricely sum of £90 from Stenhousemuir after coming through Celtics Academy and he proved to be a useful goal threat, though again though he also had spells of completely forgetting where the goal was, providing cover was Italian Federico Visconti who'd been released by Perugia and picked up a bit of the slack along with my loan strikers.

Academy - Produced one player of note this season Midfielder Phil Camacho.

Best XI - Pretty much correct though I'd put Mabiala in ahead of Neale.

Overall XI - Neale is the only new player this season, with Platt, Doherty and Lafferty all making the bench. Next season Platt has a good chance of making the team, as could my loan wingers if I reloan them.

Finances - Not looking good as despite having bar far the lowest wage budget in the league we still lost a load of money, though having £140K worth of loan payments didn't help. However their was some good news as we got £525K kickback from the Premier League at the end of the season which more than covers our losses, though I couldn't get the board to improve our facilities :(

Stadium - We moved back into our newly expanded ground for the last home game of the season, though it doesn't look any different and thankfully it should need any more forced expansions until we reach the Premier League.

Profile - Gained my National B License this season which saw most of my attributes shot up, well apart from LoD. I also reached my 200th game and are now getting linked with loads of jobs - I was linked with Premier League Brentford and have been offered the Hibs job up in Scotland.

Brexit - We finally got notification of Brexit and it will go ahead at the end of the season and its a interesting one - the Premier League gets rid of Work Permits and just has a limit of 17 foreign players (which is pretty much the HG rules) - though not sure if this is a limit at your club or just in your 25 man league squad, if it's a league limit then U21 FGN players might not need registering, whilst hopefully EU players will start picking up UK passports - these rules do somewhat mess up my normal transfer plans as I'll no longer be able to scour the EU for U18's.

Just to make things more fun the Football League will still operate under the Work Permit scheme, which is going to make the next few seasons fun, considering I've only just started to be able to attract EU players, on the plus side it doesn't look like the rules go ahead until after the season change date, so at the moment I am snapping up as many EU players as I can before the rules change :)

- Actually scrap that despite what it said it seems the Football League won't be using Work Permits either - you are allowed 17 FGN players, but EU players only don't count if their contract was signed before 25th June - so any newly signed ones will count against the limit (as will contract renewals next season), it also appears Scotland have left the UK so Scots are now classed as FGN, though Irish and Welsh aren't. It also looks like we have Squad Registration aswell, but free transfers can be added any time. So the restrictions in the Football League don't look that bad (looks like the Conference gets WP though).

Plans For Next Season

The main goal is to stay up again, and try and bring some money into the club to start building it up, transfer wise some Wingers, a new Keeper and Strikers would be nice, though I have just snapped up two four star Italian Midfielders before Brexit goes through so it will be nice to have some actual League 2 standard players next season.

State of The World

Premier League - Utd make it three in a row pipping Spurs to the title, whilst Arsenal finished 6th and Liverpool 13th as Palace somehow finished 5th with Newcastle 7th. At the bottom Brenford, Derby and Swansea all went down.

Manager wise Bilic took over the England job and West Ham replaced him with van Gaal, also at the beginning of the season Chelsea fired Low and replaced him with the Benfica Manager Rui Vitoria. Arsenal fired Ancelotti and replaced him with Guardiola, Liverpool fired Fonseca and replaced him with Bento. Leicester fired Mancini and appointed Lambert who'd been replaced at Stoke by Dyche and Burnley replaced him with Mancini.

FA Cup - Chelsea claim the cup for the first time beating Everton.

League Cup - Utd retain the League Cup also beating Everton.

Champions League - Isco scores an extra time winner for Utd over Real Madrid. Chelsea went out to Paris in the Quarter Final, Arsenal went out to Barcelona, whilst Spurs lost to Inter in the Knockout Round.

Europa League - Monaco beat City on Pens to make it four out of four defeats for the country hosting the finals. City knocked out West Ham in the Knockout Round, whilst Stoke lost to AC Milan at the same stage.

Brazil - Cruzeiro reclaim their title from Gremio.

China - Shanggang claim the title for the first time. The only major transfer is former Sevilla Striker Correa arriving from Soton for £45m.

France - Another clean sweep for Paris.

Germany - Dortmund pip Bayern to the title, they also claim the Cup over Hoffenheim.

Italy - Napoli reclaim the title. Whilst Juventus beat AC in the Cup Final.

Portugal - Benfica make it five in a row and claim the Cup over Sporting.

Scotland - Another Celtic title with Rangers getting the Cup.

Spain - Barcelona retain the league and also win the Cup.

Leaderboard points (FM Mode)
(My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)
(points / position)
Single Game: 1,588,663 (168,648)
Single Season: 1,099,379 (117,351)
Single Season England: 1,099,379 (62,308)
Single Season League Two: 42,187 (17,658)
Single Season National League: 1,099,379 (100 :cool:)
Single Season National South: 436,272 (175)
(looks like a test game with Utd that didn't even get to Sept has more points than this so far so a score was only obtained for the NLS)

Career Overview

Season League League Finish Achievements Leaderboard Points Av. Attendance
17/18 National South 11th -  10,825 246 (8%)
18/19 National South 1st Promoted - Champions!!! 436,272 / 447,097 270 (9%)
19/20 National League 1st Promoted - Champions!!! FA Trophy Winners 1,099,379 / 1,546,476 571 (16%)
20/21 League Two 16th - 42,187 / 1,588,663 1,095 (21%)

Archived