Sports Interactive Community
dafuge

dafuge's FM17 challenge

9 hours ago, Hypanimz said:

@XaW Great work on promotion. Thats crazy that Salford have also had a tycoon takeover. I can see back to back promotions coming up for you. 

Thanks! Yeah, they had a Saudi take over the club a couple of seasons ago, but I didn't notice until half way into this season. Salford and Folkestone are aiming for the Premier League! Who knew? By the way, the Enfield Town of my save just got promoted to the Vanarama National, so they are trying to compete with you!

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

XaW well done on the victory and promotion. And of course one of your top players after your tycoon takeover and huge injection of cash has to be called Wealth

Yeah, his name was actually one of the reasons I had to check him out when my scout suggested him. With him being a much better center half than we had, it was a match made in heaven!

Blyth Spartans - 2019/2020 - Vanarama National League North

BlythSpartans.png

League Table | Finances | Transfers | End of Season Awards | Season Review | Youth Candidates | Injuries

Preseason:

I think I have a setup I'm liking, still needs some tweaks, but I train Balanced on Very High, get 3 team with a more higher reputation, 2 of the same and 3 local at the end to get morale back up if needed.

Season:

It was a strange season, started slow, but also slowly but surely I climbed the table on the back of a great defence, but always failed on the games that could get us to the playoff spots. Then I was able to start winning those games and was among the big boys, getting to 2 points from the league leaders!

Then Jarret Rivers who was having a great season (won PoY) got injured again and we slowly started dropping points until we dropped out of the playoff spots never to return, finishing just 3 points from the last playoff spot. We are getting closer, 11, 6 and now just 3 points to reach the playoffs at least. We had the best defence(again) with just 30 goals against!

Some collapses against teams on the relegation places costed us, also our inability to score goals on some games, I consolidated our tactics, seeing that the AI seems to be able to get good squads, since in terms of average each year I'm getting down, and each year I get more stats where I'm the worse in the league. Luckily the only one where I'm the best is determination, so the Spartan fighting spirit is getting us hard fought points, since we are almost always the underdog. Finally got a tactic that got me some wins when I'm the favourite and another to help and close games, having those 3 tactics all filled helped a lot.

Finances:

It was my worst season in the Cups with some early exits and not so much money entering, even if this year my board invested a lot of money in our running costs, so while in the red (at least until the takeover), we are not in the dire situation of having 400k in the red (now only aroung 100k).

Next year there will be another cut in the wage budget, so my fringe player will be put in non-contracts so I'll get under the wage budget. I may lose some of them but what can I do? I hope to be able to keep renewing with my best players so I can try and have a bit more luck and reach the playoffs.

So I'm in the middle of a quite crazy FA Cup run. Just reached round 4 after knocking out 3 League 2 teams. My reward is an away trip to Leicester who are currently playing in the Championship. Hopefully will get to bring in a little bit of money from this. 

Going to give this a crack i think,see with regards to posting up with progress how often is it? i usually think monthly updates?

53 minutes ago, Hypanimz said:

So I'm in the middle of a quite crazy FA Cup run. Just reached round 4 after knocking out 3 League 2 teams. My reward is an away trip to Leicester who are currently playing in the Championship. Hopefully will get to bring in a little bit of money from this. 

So we lost 5-0 at Leicester and unfortunately they only filled half of the stadium. We did bring in over £250k in gate receipts but it could have been so much better.

9 hours ago, yerug said:

There's also a switch from Quatar to a random better alternative for the World Cup, I believe my game changed it to China eventually. 

Pretty sure that China got my 2022 WC as well.  Seen a few posts with many other countries winning the rights to host as well.

5 hours ago, steff91 said:

Going to give this a crack i think,see with regards to posting up with progress how often is it? i usually think monthly updates?

Most people do a seasonable update, with a few doing a mid-season report as well.  Of course, you're free to post updates as often as you like!  I usually do two a season, with an odd extra note added if something important, improbable, or just plain funny happens :)

Enfield_Town_F.C._logo.png

Enfield Town FC - Vanarama National - 2022/23

After losing in the playoff final last season I was hoping we could push on and have another crack at promotion. We started poorly and this is likely due to me changing the squad and bringing in lots of new players. For a little while I thought we may have a struggle of a season and be in and around the relegation zone. We picked up massively in late November and then only lost another 5 league games all season. Unfortunately we were playing catch up too much and just ran out of time as we finished 4 points adrift of the playoffs. We did however have some fun in the cups. Next season I will try and keep this squad together and make less signings to keep the cohesion and hopefully get back in the playoffs. 

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - We had a blast in the cups this season. We knocked out 3 League 2 teams on our way to the 4th round of the FA Cup before facing Leicester away. We lost 5-0 but had a semi-decent payday as only 16,000 tickets were sold instead of a full capacity 32,000. We also had a run in the FA Trophy as we made it to the final where we faced Cheltenham and found ourselves 4-0 up in 26 minutes. We ran out very comfortable 6-0 winners at Wembley!

Squad - I upset the cohesion of the side with plenty of transfers. The best was Neil Brock who joined in October and after scoring 1 in his first 10 he went on to finish with 38 in 43. Next season I hope to keep hold of my star players and keep the cohesion by only signing a small amount of players. 

Finances - Still in debt but helped out with the cup runs.

Key Player Profiles:

Neil Brock - Amazing at this level. I thought I had signed a dud after 1 in his first 10 but when he found his feet in the division he couldn't stop scoring. 

Samuel Boateng - Another good return from the clubs all time top scorer. Took a while to gel with Brock but they both came good.

Andy Connor - Another great return from the right winger. Not as many goals this season but plenty of assists. 

Next Season

Playoffs at a minimum.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18         Vanarama South              9th                  
2018/19         Vanarama South              7th
2019/20         Vanarama South              8th
2020/21         Vanarama South              2nd               Playoff Winners
2021/22         Vanarama National           3rd               Playoff Finalist
2022/23         Vanarama National           7th               FA Trophy winners and FA Cup round 4

Ilkeston_FC_logo.png

Ilkeston FC- League Two - 2019/20

So our first season in League football was a struggle.  While we never really got played off the park by other teams, our biggest failure was that we couldn't find the 'scrap a late goal to draw' or 'hold on to lead' button.  There was probably like 10 games that we conceded a late goal that either turned a win into a draw or a draw into a loss.  Mildly infuriating as we needed the points to survive this year!  There were points in the season where we thought that we'd turned a corner and put the relegation scrap behind us, but the other teams around us kept finding points and we kept losing points.  Eventually we went on a bit of a late run and buried the teams around us with some good performances, finishing 19th, 5 points clear.

League Table

Cups -   Nothing to write home about, though we could have (and perhaps should have) beaten League One Fleetwood Town in the 2nd Round of the FA cup, but they managed to see us off in the replay.

Finances - Uh, well, not so good. Our wage budget actually got slashed going into next year, which is less than ideal. 

Transfers - Lots of ins and outs.  Polish team Ruch came in for our playoff hero keeper Wusiewicz.  I honestly negotiated the deal up to $250,000 pounds, expecting Ruch to come back with another, lower, bid.  But they accepted the negotiation and I bit their hand off to sell my backup keeper for 250k!  Managed to sell a few others for some pocket change as well.

Key Player Profiles:

Worrall - Rob Worrall again was our leading scorer.  Probably because he managed to stay fit the entire year.  16 goals is a good return, but he could have easily had 25 if he was a better player, and when you only play with one striker, you need that one striker to be absolutely lethal.

Bogle - Was signed to be our key striker in the offseason, got off to a decent start and them promptly broke his foot and was out for months.  He was never the same player after he returned, which was a shame, he has a great name and was a decent target man for this level.

Alnwick - A brilliant young midfielder that we got on loan, he played a deep lying playmaker role and was very proficient.  Really loved this guy.  He'll back back on loan for us next year which gives me hope.

Martin - Came in January and was instantly the best keeper in the squad.  I feel like he's a solid keeper for this level, though my assistant thinks he's only a decent Confernce goalkeeper, which is why I don't let my assistant run the club!

Hare - Love this kid.  In my opinion he's got just about every attribute you could want from a defender at this level.

Wassi - Solid right fullback that kept his place despite me trying to bring in an upgrade.  Serves me right, I guess!

Diaz - Excellent little loanee midfielder that could only score the most cracking of goals. Header from 6 yards? Over the bar.  One on one with the keeper? No goal.  Free kick from 35 yards?  Top corner.  Was somehow both really good and really infuriating at the same time.  Will be back with us next year.

Zmimer - Was a late January signing and played pretty poorly despite looking quite good.  Going to alter the tactic to give him a creative position that he probably needs.

Watson - Decent midfielder with a nose for the goal.  His ability to bank long shots off of defenders was uncanny.

Youth

Absolutely dreadful intake this year.

From last year's intake Sean McDonald looks like he might be able to make something out of himself.

Next Season

I feel like despite finishing well off the pace this last year that we have the places in piece for a promotion push.  I feel like I've finally got a handle of the tactics.  I thought that we had a lot of quality in midfield that we never really took advantage of, and I realize that I wasn't playing smart, tactically.  I'm going to try to keep the ball, possession style and try to bury teams that way, and initial results are quite good!

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18         Vanarama North              1st				  Promoted!                  
2018/19         Vanarama Conference         3rd				  Promoted via Playoffs
2019/20         League Two                  19th			  Survived!

14 minutes ago, Amethyst21 said:

Alnwick - A brilliant young midfielder that we got on loan, he played a deep lying playmaker role and was very proficient.  Really loved this guy.  He'll back back on loan for us next year which gives me hope.

Looks very good indeed. What club is he from?

EDIT: Found it! Sorry, I'm still not used to the UI.

Edited by Soviet

1 minute ago, Soviet said:

Looks very good indeed. What club is he from?

Blackburn Rovers.  He's in the England U19 set up as well.  He's labelled as a promising midfielder, so I think Rovers will want him in their team soon enough.  We'll just try to use him while he's here.

PPRPtxu.png

Pre-Season 2017/18

HrrCSjO.png

Pre Season wasn't a bundle of laughs but that was to be expected as a vast horde of trialists passed through the dressing room. I signed three scouts but the board wouldn't let me sign a goalie coach :(, my ass man left (didn't realize his contract ran out almost as soon as I took over) and my one coach was so rubbish I gave him a one way ticket to the job centre. My scouts had sent some my way and I kept an eye on the social feed to try and snatch a few as I attempted to improve the squad. I signed far too many in the end and exhausted my budget (currently spending around £7K a week while the board really wanted a limit of around £6,800 but the main problem is the scouts couldn't turn up any decent strikers that wanted to play for me. That's probably one of the main reasons the bookies really don't fancy us but I've agreed to avoid relegation to go an extra £243 in wages a week. Most of my new signings were young guns as I attempted to build a U23/U18 squad for the future, I don't appear to be in any league so I'll fix week to week friendlies for them, just hope that I survive long enough to see them in proper competition. My idea to use my favored 4-3-2-1 tactic went by the board after one and a half games as it was clear that my initial squad's wide players had no intention of running past anyone and I had to go to a safe 4-4-2. by the end of the pre season though the new signings had allowed  me to return to my preferred formation. It's still not as good as it could be but I like the solidity that the centre three gives me, my wide attackers need to learn to create more chances for my forwards though and I really need to find a decent attacker to put those crosses away.

Board Expectations | Staff overview | Bookies odds | Players signed

I don't think any of my players are world beaters but here's my three to watch for the 2017-18 season

Romeo Akinola MC

18-yr-old I spotted on Social feed linked with someone after being released by QPR. Excellent first touch, work rate and tackling makes him perfect for the centerpiece of my three midfielders. No pace at moment but high natural fitness makes me hopeful that it will develop

Niall Maher GK

18-yr-old goalkeeper released by Morecambe. Won't initially be in my first team plans but best aerial reach and reflexes in club might help him to force his way in.

Demetri Brown MR/AMR

22-yr-old speedy winger in his second year at club. This could be the season he breaks into the 1st team. Excellent leadership skills has him vice-captain of the U23's already and I'm hopeful he could be a future captain of Town

Got a televised FA cup game against Cheltenham, which was nice for the bottom line.

Then I draw Man City at home in the third round.  That should be a lark.  At least we're renting a stadium with a decent capacity.  Now to figure out a way to somehow manage a draw to get the away game.

Ouch, Just got sacked as manager of Buxton in March, 

We were 2nd from bottom, and not playing terribly (losing by 1 goal here and there, always 1 goal) Defence was awful and GK wasn't much better, try to strengthen it but had no money or wage budget to.

Officially got sacked due to wage budget and not getting it down, even had a meeting for it and promised to get it down in 1 month (which was impossible) sacked with now warning boom. that's that then. 

Back on holiday mode until 25th of june now! Going to try and get a job at a club that comes up! so hopefully that is still in the rules. 

Half way into my first season on League 2. We are just below the playoff spots, and might have an outside chance for promotion. I've been helped by getting in a fantastic striker in Benteke, and by opposition goalkeepers doing stuff like this.

11 minutes ago, XaW said:

Half way into my first season on League 2. We are just below the playoff spots, and might have an outside chance for promotion. I've been helped by getting in a fantastic striker in Benteke, and by opposition goalkeepers doing stuff like this.

That is some class goalkeeping. I've got my money on you to complete the challenge first this year. I can definitely see a promotion this season.

14 minutes ago, XaW said:

That kind of keeping takes some special skill, or a bag full of cash. Benteke looks excellent. Hopefully you can get into the playoffs.

49 minutes ago, Hypanimz said:

That is some class goalkeeping. I've got my money on you to complete the challenge first this year. I can definitely see a promotion this season.

I can only hope!

46 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

That kind of keeping takes some special skill, or a bag full of cash. Benteke looks excellent. Hopefully you can get into the playoffs.

Well, I've got loads of cash, though I can't claim any knowledge of any bags given to the opposition goalkeepers. :rolleyes:

I am more than a little surprised with my start to the first season with Grays. I rated the squad quite poorly, thought the defence was weak, the midfield okay, and the attack consisting of one 16 year old striker who had not scored in preseason. I have not found a striker I am happy to sign who was willing to join me without making outrageous demands.

So I was very happy with a 0-0 draw in the first game. However the dominating performance the side produced in the second game was totally unexpected, I went in just hoping not lose and perhaps score a goal. We defeated Weston-super-Mare 3-0, with 64% possession, 83% passes complete, 12 shots on goal including 4 clear cut chances to 1 off target shot and a average rating of 7.86. Perhaps this season will not quite as much of a struggle as I thought it would be. 

Edited by Upside Down

Kingstonian - Vanarama South - 2017/18

League Table - on paper a decent 1st season but at one stage we were top before only 1 win in nearly 3 months (including a run of 7 games without a goal) our main issue was being unable to break teams down (16 draws tells it's own story)

FA Cup - rotated a bit here and it cost us.

FA Trophy - game came during our non scoring run

Squad - needs work, will be a high turnover this summer I think

Transfers - usual high turnover 

Finances - bad, cup run and/or promotion would be nice (a tycoon would be even nicer)

Key Players

Jake Kempton - top scorer but even he had his spells without scoring (went 12 games without scoring at one point)

Dan Bennett - main source of assists

Jaanai Gordon - took a while to get going but when he did he was excellent, then got injured for 7 months 

Jack Edwards - key man in the middle of the park

Raekwon Smith - we struggled at the back at times but he was solid throughout 

Career Overview

Season		Leeague		Position	Achievments 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18  	VNS		13th		N/A 

Edited by darren1983
Forgot a couple of screen shots

175px-CorbyTownFC.png

Pretty successful first season, finishing comfortably in 13th with 53 points and a 0 goal differential

We started running a 4-4-2 and had good success initially, only losing 1 of our first 8 games. We slumped midseason before eventually switching to a 5-1-2-2 sweeper formation that brought some success with 4 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses to end the season.

Key Players

ST Charles-Anthony Weston-Hayles was our player of the year. The 20 year old finished with 28 total goals and 5 assists. He's resigned for next season, I imagine keeping him beyond that will be difficult.

MC Kieran Monlouis is our rock in the middle with solid defense and passing skills. 2 goals, 6 assists, 83% passing and a 6.98 rating in league play.

SW Liam Marshall is a young centerback we have converted pretty successfully into a sweeper. 

Cups

We bombed out of the FA Cup quickly, losing a tight game to a strong lower league Workington side 1-2.  The FA Trophy went slightly better as we beat league mates Solihull Moors in our first game 2-0 before losing ton National side Southport 0-2.

Youth Intake

Not much to love here with ST Ryan Sutton probably being the top prospect.

Finances

Not horrible all things considered, didn't quite lose 100K on the season despite being slightly above our budgeted payroll.

Upcoming Season

Hopefully we can push up closer to a playoff spot. Most of our players are returning although we're letting a few high earners go including our decent goalkeeper. Badly need to find a second striker/AMC as well to take some pressure off Weston-Hayles. We got lucky with injuries our first season as we had very little depth.

Incredible!  Man City had 2 players sent off against us!

And still beat us 4-1.  Oh well, money is money.

On 11/2/2016 at 11:34, t-zolla said:

So I am in...  I have decided on Buxton Football Club. 

Buxton FC Season 2017/18

Image result for buxton football club logo

Full name    Buxton Football Club
Nickname(s)    The Bucks

Founded        1877

Ground        The Silverlands, Buxton

Capacity    4,000 (490 seated)

Chairman    David Hopkins

Manager profile on my first day: 

My Profile Profile.png

Looking at the playing staff, and the strengths and weakness's, I seem to have a lot more weakness's than strengths! 

Most of the stronger players have already been offered contracts and when I have tried to reduce them early on the players are instantly getting a bit funny so will have to let them be offered at what they are offered at.  Full squad evaulation underway at moment and back room staff. If this is going to be done it needs to be a ground up approach. So i have to get everything in order and working the way I want it to.

Buxton_  Overview.png

Full update at the end of season. Wish me luck! 

Oh and on my updates I will be posting a 'tune or an album that i think sets the mood for that update!' enjoy (dafuge, please let me know if this is against any rules!!!) 

Yay! My hometown! Gl with them and hope you do well :) 

On 11/2/2016 at 11:34, t-zolla said:

So I am in...  I have decided on Buxton Football Club. 

Buxton FC Season 2017/18

Image result for buxton football club logo

Full name    Buxton Football Club
Nickname(s)    The Bucks

Founded        1877

Ground        The Silverlands, Buxton

Capacity    4,000 (490 seated)

Chairman    David Hopkins

Manager profile on my first day: 

My Profile Profile.png

Looking at the playing staff, and the strengths and weakness's, I seem to have a lot more weakness's than strengths! 

Most of the stronger players have already been offered contracts and when I have tried to reduce them early on the players are instantly getting a bit funny so will have to let them be offered at what they are offered at.  Full squad evaulation underway at moment and back room staff. If this is going to be done it needs to be a ground up approach. So i have to get everything in order and working the way I want it to.

Buxton_  Overview.png

Full update at the end of season. Wish me luck! 

Oh and on my updates I will be posting a 'tune or an album that i think sets the mood for that update!' enjoy (dafuge, please let me know if this is against any rules!!!) 

Yay! My hometown! Gl with them :) 

12 hours ago, FreddyGuarin16 said:

Ouch, Just got sacked as manager of Buxton in March, 

We were 2nd from bottom, and not playing terribly (losing by 1 goal here and there, always 1 goal) Defence was awful and GK wasn't much better, try to strengthen it but had no money or wage budget to.

Officially got sacked due to wage budget and not getting it down, even had a meeting for it and promised to get it down in 1 month (which was impossible) sacked with now warning boom. that's that then. 

Back on holiday mode until 25th of june now! Going to try and get a job at a club that comes up! so hopefully that is still in the rules. 

Unlucky, you just have to get the tactic right with Buxton otherwise it all goes wrong :( 

You'd think I'd get a better reaction than this to my first Manager of the Month award considering I won 3 of 4 league games and reached the FA Trophy semi finals...

MoMReax.png

It particularly hurts being called "the over-rated one" by what I believe are my own goddamn fans...

Edited by DizzyIzzyB13

Heh, I had the same before, @DizzyIzzyB13! I also had one who claim one of my players were faking it after he was out with a broken leg. It only lacks typos, racism and more general ignorance to feel like actual social media! :lol:

It's a surprisingly good simulation of actual social media, although if I was actually managing a team, I'd totally be remembering names just so I can call them out in my end of season press conference if and when I get promoted or win the FA Trophy.

1 hour ago, oohlala111 said:

Yay! My hometown! Gl with them :) 

Unlucky, you just have to get the tactic right with Buxton otherwise it all goes wrong :(

Yeah i just couldn't quite get it, I was missing a couple of decent players i think, which i did get at the tail end, sadly this pushed my wages up even further which was the death of me, I have however just taken over Enfield Town who have just come up and already seem to have got a bit more consistency. full report to follow! 

So I lose one game 4-1 where I dominate the games possession, create a number of close range shots which are spectacularly saved by their keeper. They score a couple of shots just inside the area, a penalty and a goal where my RB is off the field injured. Their goalkeeper rating 7.1. 

Next game I am getting smashed, they are tearing through my defence with quick passing, but my goalkeeper pulls off spectacular saves. I then score from a weak long range free kick which was a basic save but was fumbled into the net. Then I score again from a miscued cross which is an easy catch under not pressure, but it comes off hands and into the net. Only makes one other decent save, the goalkeeper rating, 6.8, second highest on the team. I was extremely lucky to win this game.

First time was a brilliant goalkeeping performance, second with two errors leading to goals yet only 0,3 of a point difference in rating, makes no sense.

stourbridge%20logo%20small_zpscf0hsd2j.j

STOURBRIDGE SEASON 2017/2018

Well... that was a very interesting start to my campaign in FM17.  The team is close, so very close to being good enough for promotion.

Final Position 

We ended up finishing 10th but as you can see from the graph, we rollercoasted around in the middle of the table all year coming agonisingly close to the playoffs with 3 games to go.  What really let us down was a mid-season slump in the mid 20's rounds.

Transfers

A lot of dead weight let go and a team's worth of players brought in.  There were a few gems already in the team that made my life a little easier.

Key Players

Dan Fletcher

Already at the club when I arrived.  My player of the season who was also voted as such by the fans and was the young player of the season as well.  He actually wasn't in my considerations for the first few games but injury forced my hand and he couldn't be removed after that.  Only 9 goals which was the story of my life with all of my forwards this season but 10 assists to go with that as well.

Panagiotis Artymatas

This kid has a bright future with me.  I have no intention of letting him go anywhere if I can manage it.  He was a colossus at the back for us and kept us in games that we had no right to be kept in.

Matt Gould

Another player who was already at the club.  He was another player that just kept us in games with some brilliant work between the sticks.  My backup keeper isn't bad at all either but he's got no hope of budging this Kiwi barring injury which, thankfully, he only had for about 2-3 games.

Other News

We are BLEEDING money at the moment so I'm not sure how that's going to affect me going forward.  

Our cup runs were completely non-existent.  Cup face-plants really.

Also, I believe that Canada has taken the 2022 World Cup rights off Qatar.

Next Season

I want promotion.  Or at the very least comfortably make the playoffs.  For that to happen I mostly need a striker who isn't afraid of the big net at the end of the pitch.  I could also do with a really creative midfielder and a free-kick taker wouldn't hurt.

The Story So Far...

Season   |    League       |    Position    |    Achievements  |
===============================================================
2017/18   |   Van.North    |      10        |    Not fired...  |
---------------------------------------------------------------

Season Summary - XaW - Folkestone Invicta - 2023/24

invictalogo.gif

Table | Past Positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Ahh, the Football League, we finally meet. Before the season started I once again cleared out rubbish and brought in some talent. Most on free transfers, but we also payed quite a lot for some much needed quality. As the season started I noticed that even though I was thought to end at the lower level of the table we still had one of the highes wage bills in the division. Even though our current wage bill (£40k p/w) are far below the budget (a massive £110k p/w) we still had something to prove. The season started promising as we drew the first 3 matches before winning a couple. We continued to have few losses and by December we only had lost twice in the league, though our number of draws was through the roof. As the season progressed we kept our place in and around the playoff spots. With 3 matches left it was up to us, a win would give us a playoff spot, but we could still make it if other matches went our way. The first one, a hard away tie against Bristol Rovers ended in a narrow 0-1 loss. The second was a home game against fellow promoted team and tycoon-owned Salford and a match we should have a good chance at wining. Even though we dominated the game it ended in a poor 2-2 draw. Before the last match we were still in 5th spot and with a good chance for the playoffs, and even with a loss we could go through. A loss was also the most likely result away against top of the league Exeter City, however Benteke went wild and scored 5 in our 6-0 demolishing of them. This meant we were in the playoff! Our opponent in the semi final was Bristol Rovers. The first leg was away at The Memorial Stadium and we almost snatched the win, but a late equalizer from Bristol Rovers ended the game 3-3. The home game was more of a fight than a game of football. The ref handed out an astonishing 15 yellow and one red card. It also went into extra time before we managed to score 2 goals against them. The first an amazing screamer into the corner! We are in the playoff final! Our rival for promotion was Yeovil Town, the team just above us on the table. I had hopes we could fight them as we won the away game against them in the league not long ago. The final started with a bang as right back and player of the year Chiori Johnson knocked the ball into back of the net after just 10 minutes to give us the lead. The match was even from there and to the 61st minute when Johnson was at it again. He took the ball past two defenders and slotted it into the net to double our lead. Just two minutes later Johnson got the ball out wide and picked Benteke with a lovely cross. Benteke met it strongly and the ball slammed into the net, 3-0. We held Yeovil from getting anything from the match and the final nail in the coffin came in the 75th minute when the heart of our defense rose, Wealth Da Silva, rose in the box and headed in a corner to end all hope of a comeback for Yeovil. We are promoted!

Of course a promotion is fantastic, though I feel it might be too soon for us. Hopefully this will not lead to a relegation next season, and I think we must fight to prevent it. We have improved our facilities quite a bit, though they still need improvement. We are also building a new stadium! That is also the explanation of why our balance is so low now, compared to last season.

In the FA Cup we beat Forest Green Rovers before losing to Colchester United in the 2nd round. In the EFL Cup we beat Bristol City before losing to Colchester United (again) in the 2nd round. In the Johnstone's Paint Trophy we got drawn into a group with Chelsea U23, Luton Town and Ipswich Town. We managed to end in 2nd place and got through. There we beat Cheltenham Town before losing to Leyton Orient in the 3rd round.

The best players this season were right back and Player of the Year in League 2 Chiori Johnson, the heart of the defense Wealth Da Silva and our top scorer Jonathan Benteke.

Season	|       League	      |     Position	   |    Europe	  |      Top scorer       |    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18	|   Vanarama South    |       11th	   |      N/A 	  |     Ben Pattie (17)     |   Mid-table
2018/19	|   Vanarama South    |       4th	   |      N/A 	  |     Ben Pattie (24)     |   Promoted through playoffs
2019/20	|  Vanarama National  |       17th	   |      N/A 	  |     Harry Smith (22)    |   Survived relegation
2020/21	|  Vanarama National  |       11th	   |      N/A 	  |     Euan Sahadow (20)   |   Mid-table
2021/22	|  Vanarama National  |       10th	   |      N/A 	  | Daniel Butterworth (20) |   Tycoon takeover! Mid-table
2022/23	|  Vanarama National  |       1st	   |      N/A 	  |   Leon Okubuyejo (23)   |   Promoted as champions
2023/24	|    League Two       |       5th	   |      N/A 	  |  Jonathan Benteke (29)  |   Promoted through playoff

@XaW Great work on promotion. I told you that you would get promoted. I dont think there is usually a massive difference between League 1 and League 2 so I think you will be fine next season and probably surprise yourself! 

1 minute ago, Hypanimz said:

@XaW Great work on promotion. I told you that you would get promoted. I dont think there is usually a massive difference between League 1 and League 2 so I think you will be fine next season and probably surprise yourself! 

Thanks, I hope we fare well, but we'll see soon. :)

Bought a guy for $20k in the offseason, just sold him in January for $375k.

Even though he was my best central defender, it wasn't by a wide margin, and we've got a ton of depth at the position.

Edited by Warhawk

34 minutes ago, Warhawk said:

Even though he was my best central defender, it wasn't by a wide margin, and we've got a ton of depth at the position.

Nice, stuff like that really help the economy.

In other news, I had this guy lined up after he was released by Watford, but work permit was denied....

1 hour ago, Warhawk said:

And then AFC Fylde who are running away with the league decide to poach the guy who became a starter in his place for whatever goddamn reason, and he signs with them despite me giving him a very good offer as a first-teamer where he would make a ton more money than he was as a non-contract backup.

Ah well.  I still have the third guy I signed in the offseason (who just got his first goal), plus Grogan and Fagbola still from last season, plus a couple high potential guys in my U23s who are probably good enough to be serviceable players in the league.  Think I'll just bring up Aron Pollock and see how he does, I don't really see anyone I like better at a reasonable cost on my shortlists.

EDIT: Actually think I'm gonna grab Niall Mason from Maidstone.

Edited by Warhawk

Anyone saw a really low rep team getting promoted, maybe in past editions? I wonder if It's even possible and if I should just give up on the reloading...

Edited by Soviet