Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ethem Ethemsoy

While we're all waiting...Anybody miss FM Live?

I remember being a part of the Beta for some new features in FM Live. Waiting around for this beta release got me thinking I really miss that game. Was by far the best online football management game I've ever played. I don't bother playing any others anymore. Every year I'm hoping it makes a return. It had it's problems but the community was great, and the depth of the game for an online game was amazing. I liked the fact you had to start from scratch with a new club and build up, live transfer negotiations with real people etc. Just brilliant. Any other old players? 

Yep I enjoyed FML & yes it had it's problems which I don't believe can be resolved even if it was released again today. People at the end of the day want to play a game to win & sign their favourite players. Unfortunately this isn't always possible & so players would sign up & then leave after 5 mins because they couldn't handle not being great at the game or bitter that they arrived too late in a game world & there was no way to catch people up. As a result the game worlds became barren & full of computer controlled teams etc.

Anyway just my view on it :)

2 minutes ago, Dawsey said:

Yep I enjoyed FML & yes it had it's problems which I don't believe can be resolved even if it was released again today. People at the end of the day want to play a game to win & sign their favourite players. Unfortunately this isn't always possible & so players would sign up & then leave after 5 mins because they couldn't handle not being great at the game or bitter that they arrived too late in a game world & there was no way to catch people up. As a result the game worlds became barren & full of computer controlled teams etc.

Anyway just my view on it :)

It's completely the wrong way to look at the game, by those folks. It's a shame because I didn't have the best team (I'm not used to having the best team, I play as Galatasaray in FM) but I still enjoyed getting home and logging on for an hour or two to get a few games and transfers in. Surely there's enough fans now that'll help have enough members. The big problem I saw was that it must have been very resource hungry for SI. And the price we paid was too low to cover the costs. £5 when all the other big MMO's were charging £8-10/month

1 hour ago, Ethem Ethemsoy said:

I remember being a part of the Beta for some new features in FM Live. Waiting around for this beta release got me thinking I really miss that game. Was by far the best online football management game I've ever played. I don't bother playing any others anymore. Every year I'm hoping it makes a return. It had it's problems but the community was great, and the depth of the game for an online game was amazing. I liked the fact you had to start from scratch with a new club and build up, live transfer negotiations with real people etc. Just brilliant. Any other old players? 

I absolutely loved the game also, was so sad it stopped I almost quit playing FM all together, took me a good 2-3 seasons before I started playing FM again (yes I bought the versions in between but hardly lpayed for those years after.)

Guys if you miss FM Live, try the client based game 90 Minute Fever... closest I have come across to fm live

enjoy

Loved FML as well, but thank god i found a replacement 

alot of ex fmlers playing 90 minute fever which is available on steam, I think even Mark Duffy had a team at one point.

It's similar to FML but with fake players names along with returning legends ranging from greats like garrincha all the way to carlton palmer.

Hopefully this isn't against forum rules apologies if it is

Would rather another product isn't advertised on our forums in all honesty. :D 

7 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Would rather another product isn't advertised on our forums in all honesty. :D 

Apologies Neil, thought as it was an MMO it may not matter so much but I understand your point.

If you want to discuss it, best to do so on the Off-Topic Forum as this forum is only about FM. Cheers. 

I miss it massively, it's still the best game i've ever played and no offline version of FM can ever hope to come close to how amazingly addictive and competitive that game was. FML actually killed my love of regular FM, but after two years without buying it i've decided to purchase it again to play the beta version and see what's changed in that time, hoping that i can regain some of the enjoyment i used to get from the franchise pre-FML.