Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay think I misinterpreted what you originally asked, probably worth logging in the UI forum. Thanks. 

Ah ok. Sorry about being unclear then.
Will do. Thanks :thup:

Edited by roykela

11 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

I'd imagine it's tactical , almost all my goals have come from crosses ( goal position varies between posts and middle of 6yd box) but then I'm playing a tactic that uses aggressive attacking wing backs. Overall it seems the lazor guided wingback cross is gone and wide play looks much more fluid and true to life.

Anyone else seeing  A LOT of deflected goals ?

Tactics are surely an issue - I'm just saying crossing doesn't appear to be the issue it was. I'm playing with a flat 442 and I'm comparing with FM16 where I saw loads of goals from crosses, but it's only three games so far.

Not seen any deflected goals, though I have benefited from one own-goal.

Still weighing up positional play on match engine, particularly between the lines. Think the amount of injuries to players to be of slight concern at the moment. Like that the UI is familiar and overall I would say this is the most positive I have felt about FM so early after release - so generally, well done SI... so far, so good.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Domathon said:

where is the option to turn off attribute masking?

This is found on the same page as choosing which leagues to add to your game after selecting the advanced set-up option on starting a new game.

• SI Staff

RE. Injuries.

The number is about constant with FM16 and at around 75-80% of the real life figures.
Numbers can appear inflated in the first season due to the injuries already present in the DB.
GK injuries are separate to outfield injuries, no other positions are differentiated. On average GK injuries make up less than 8-9% of the total.
An accurate assessment of injury levels is only really possible over an entire season, taking into account the entire league's numbers.
In my own save I have one injury currently, it is December 2016.

Hope that helps,
Seb.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Another nice small feature addition - When you hover over the WNT icon next to a player, it will now tell you the club(s) interested in him. 

Wow so instead of actually clicking on the WNT sign?

So my question is..is that WNT team is gonna put an actual offer for the player they are interested in? or is it going to be "we have to offer them out to get an actual bid scenario"

Or is it the same old same old?

Still see stuff like this happen.

The clip starts a little too late ,so I'll post a screen grab as well (and upload the match in the bugs forum)

1jOstge.png

But the 2 circled players started next to each other, the ball is then played out to the right where the guy circled in blue and 7 other players turn away and all run towards the ball. The player circled in red then waltzes into the box unopposed and scores (as can be seen on the video)

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Nikopol said:

Sorry if it has been mentioned before, there's too much to read it all.

The relevant attributes for new staff roles are not attributes when selected.

Thanks for taking the time to post. This is something we are aware of and is currently under review.

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, nicko said:

Wow so instead of actually clicking on the WNT sign?

So my question is..is that WNT team is gonna put an actual offer for the player they are interested in? or is it going to be "we have to offer them out to get an actual bid scenario"

WNT indicates that a club has shortlisted that player. Whether they bid or not is subject to many factors, similar to how a human manager may shortlist a player and either bid or not bid at a later date.

Also worth noting that money is tighter in the first couple of windows as clubs have spent the vast majority of their budgets already (in reality) and as such may not be in the financial position to bid on players that they otherwise would.

12 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Is Steam store down?  It's now Tuesday evening in America (Wednesday early morning in UK). I can't access Steam to download my pre-purchased beta... :-(

I'm having the same problem.  I bought the game via Steam on Sunday evening, USA time. 

4 minutes ago, nicko said:

Do you put bids in for every player on your shortlist?

18 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

WNT indicates that a club has shortlisted that player. Whether they bid or not is subject to many factors, similar to how a human manager may shortlist a player and either bid or not bid at a later date.

Also worth noting that money is tighter in the first couple of windows as clubs have spent the vast majority of their budgets already (in reality) and as such may not be in the financial position to bid on players that they otherwise would.

I know that thank you

Still does not explain what I was actually asking....Why we have to offer X/Y player out?

Surely wouldn't a player performing well be a subject of a bid without the need to offer them out?

Just my opinion

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, HappyStreet said:

Well, fair enough i guess. I mean im not majoring in design but i feel like you atleast could remove the black background behind the red text, it looks amateurish tbh.

It's their logo, not ours - STATS

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Cloista said:

Playing FMT, I've noticed a lot of injuries so far, enough that as Arsenal I've actually struggled to put out a full squad on a few occasions using the default squad.

Hi Cloista, 

Could you report this in the FM Touch Bugs Forum, would be worth taking a look at your save and evaluating.

Cheers.

i have started with 0 coaching badges and earlier i saw an option to start a coaching course at the expense of losing some focus on training, searching for some time i cannot find where this option has gone can anyone help?

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, nicko said:

I know that thank you

Still does not explain what I was actually asking....Why we have to offer X/Y player out?

Surely wouldn't a player performing well be a subject of a bid without the need to offer them out?

Just my opinion

Any issues in this area, such as scenarios where you feel a club should bid but they do not, would be best posted here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/517-transfers-contracts-and-scouting-issues/ 

Cheers :)

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, Domathon said:

i have started with 0 coaching badges and earlier i saw an option to start a coaching course at the expense of losing some focus on training, searching for some time i cannot find where this option has gone can anyone help?

'Home > My Profile > Start a Coaching Course'

Will obviously only be available if you haven't already started on one or had the option denied by the board recently.

8 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It's their logo, not ours - STATS

Yeah i get that, im just questioning which parts of said logo are actually intrinsic, as in, what parts of the logo can and can not be removed/changed. If we look at the first page you sent me, they use the red text against a white background http://puu.sh/rNJBs/2ccbf321f7.jpg

In the second logo they use it against a black background. As such, it seems as if only the red text is actually the logo, the background isnt included. Hence you could theoretically remove the black background from the stats screen in game and just use the red text.

Edited by HappyStreet

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, HappyStreet said:

Yeah i get that, im just questioning which parts of said logo are actually intrinsic, as in, what parts of the logo can and can not be removed/changed. If we look at the first page you sent me, they use the red text against a white background http://puu.sh/rNJBs/2ccbf321f7.jpg

In the second logo they use it against a black background. As such, it seems as if only the red text is actually the logo, the background isnt included. Hence you could theoretically remove the black background from the stats screen in game and just use the red text.

Feel free to raise it on the UI bugs forum. Thanks.

I believe I just encountered a crash with the match engine in first-half stoppage-time in a friendly between Dortmund and Dortmund II.

Was viewing highlights on the pitch and then suddenly the pitch went blank, the commentary froze and the camera seemed to just spin around showing various different angles of the field, minus any players. The ability to pause the match was also "greyed out" at this point.

The ability to move through various screens, stats etc hasn't been frozen, and I can see movement from the camera zooming around and switching angles, just the commentary - "Shinji Kagawa looks to beat Burnic for pace" - and the game clock at 47:51 (+3) are frozen in time, and it appears as though there is no way for me to progress from here.

Will report in the bugs section.

2 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Any issues in this area, such as scenarios where you feel a club should bid but they do not, would be best posted here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/517-transfers-contracts-and-scouting-issues/ 

Cheers :)

Thanx

But I wasn't saying it was an issue *where i feel a club should bid for my actual player* but more of an unrealistic part of the game.

As you can appreciate unless I offer x/y/z player out no bids will be forthcoming no matter how long a WNT sign or for how long that WNT sign is next to any player in my squad and any rare bids are mediocre, barely offering more the players value, That's my point.

Wouldn't you agree if a certain player is exceeding all expectations you wouldn't receive a bid at least 2 times their value with the current market valuations?

Again just my opinion

Re: above, I am able to rewind the game and view previous highlights but when switching back to "live", I get stuck at the same point with the exact same thing happening.

Before I forcefully exit the game (no other choice), are there any specific screenshots the SI team would like me to take here?

for my under 18 and 23 squads ( as Man u) when i add the scout recommendations next to say position, avg rating over 5 games so I know whos a up and comer when i click off the page and return the star recommendations disappear.

Would be nice to ensure they consistently remain