Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, moyesout said:

Am playing the beta, any patches SI make from here forth,will i have to start a new game to have them or will it self update on my beta game from now thru FM18?

Well saves have always carried over in the past, would imagine its the same now

29 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

The game is not programmed to work like that at all, it's just coincidence. 

UBQmUji.png

Out of 8 defenders, 6 are injured now.
Only midfielder that's accomplished  in a defensive role is also injured.

Three GKs got injured (one just recovered).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad, it's just beta, but it's annoying to have this thing happen in every version of the game until it gets patched.

On the bright side, I tried playing with the same tactic from FM16 which was successful on every save and it's not working.
I'm glad because it heavily relied on wingers and crossing.

6 minutes ago, Earnie is God! said:

So how can you tell if they can do the job well? Or are they all the same i.e. they can either do the job or they can't? If they are all the same, does that mean they all cost the same in wages? 

You can sign whoever you want, anyone can do the job.

Wages are up to you and the club you are managing.  I'd expect to pay more at larger, more reputable clubs however.

Played a couple more matches now and still liking what I'm seeing. No goals from crosses yet; no point-blank one-on-ones hit straight at the keeper; fewer incidents of goalkeepers parrying the ball back into play (and of the couple I've seen the defenders seem to react much better); much more proactive defending from the back four; no overblown ratings for full-backs and higher (more realistic) ratings for centre backs.

Other minor things noted: new and more varied commentary during matches; and a long-overdue upgrade to the hints and tips during saves.

By and large, I like the new UI, and the changes to staff input and feedback are a big improvement.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad, it's just beta, but it's annoying to have this thing happen in every version of the game until it gets patched.

What part of 'you're just unlucky' are you not understanding here. There has never been a problem in-game with injuries. It's the same every year, someone gets an injury crisis and their first reaction is to cry 'bug'. It's simply not the case. 

5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

UBQmUji.png

On the bright side, I tried playing with the same tactic from FM16 which was successful on every save and it's not working.

If you think it's a bug, raise it in the Bugs forum with a game save file uploaded.  Si will take a look at it.

I'd be interested in your pre-season Training program and match schedule first however.

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

What part of 'you're just unlucky' are you not understanding here. There has never been a problem in-game with injuries. It's the same every year, someone gets an injury crisis and their first reaction is to cry 'bug'. It's simply not the case. 

The part where I substitute an injured fullback and the substitute gets a knock which results in another injury.
Or the part where other sub in that game also gets injured. 4 knocks within like 25mins.

1 minute ago, herne79 said:

If you think it's a bug, raise it in the Bugs forum with a game save file uploaded.  Si will take a look at it.

I saved the game because I literally wouldn't be able to field a normal starting 11 over next 3-4 games and started over from pre-season, will upload if it happens again.

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I saved the game because I literally wouldn't be able to field a normal starting 11 over next 3-4 games and started over from pre-season, will upload if it happens again.

What's your pre-season Training program and match schedule?  When do you substitute players during friendlies?  How aggressive is your tactic?

I cant get the faces and logos to work with the default skin. They work with white and black one though..anyone knows why is that?

After playing my preseason games, the game seems kind of easy maybe. I am playing as Chelsea though but I won away to Marseille 7-1 and at home vs PSG 5-1..

Other than that the ME looks fantastic to me. No more crossing issues as far as I have seen, much more different goals beeing scored. I have seen some brilliant counter attacks and beautiful passing moves. Also 3d looks really good, I am still 2d classic guy though.

The game looks great overall.

Great job SI!

Before i post and read all the pages , i have to ask too many off the post goals ? Seems every two or three games i concede or score a goal like that , i've played friendlies and some competitive games so i am intrigued if anybody had this spike in off the post goals

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

The part where I substitute an injured fullback and the substitute gets a knock which results in another injury.
Or the part where other sub in that game also gets injured. 4 knocks within like 25mins.

So why is the thread not flooded with the same complaint? You're either unlucky or doing something wrong. I've gone through five pre-season friendlies and had one player injured in total. 

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

UBQmUji.png

The thing is, I don't think we've ever 'patched' (updated) injuries after a first version has gone out. On 16.0 injuries were the same as 16.3, on 15.0 they were the same as the last version of 15 etc.

It's just a general misconception that stems for coincidence which happens in games. May be you're working your team too hard, or you have high pressing/hard tackling which is causing problems for your defensive players. But I'm played five seasons across two saves and not once had a injury crisis as bad as that, certainly not for one specific set of positions. 

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, HappyStreet said:

Well saves have always carried over in the past, would imagine its the same now

Yes as said in the original announcement, as always it's save game compatible. 

7 minutes ago, herne79 said:

What's your pre-season Training program and match schedule?  When do you substitute players during friendlies?  How aggressive is your tactic?

Tactics focus and high intensity on team training until September. Normal intensity when two fixtrues a week start.

Six friendlies, every fourth day. 22 players x45mins or 11 x90 and then other 11 in the next game.

Nothing crazy pressing wise in tactics, I even have stay on feet for tackling.

1 minute ago, Mervmeister said:

Crossing goals are still OP for me. To ease myself into the game I took over England. 

from my 1st 5 games we have scored 15, conceeded 0.

9 goals so far have been from crosses. 2 from corners and 3 through centre.

playing flat 4411

1) You've conceded none, awesome :).

2) How many of your 4 wide players are set up to cross the ball (role/duty/PIs)?

3) If you have 4 players out wide, what other tactical options have you given them so that they can pass to somebody instead of needing to cross?

1 hour ago, Seb Wassell said:

There is an option in the in-match settings. I believe it is "Show player condition" or the like. That will reduce the overhead to just player names as in previous versions :thup:

I'd like to come back on this one.

In FM16 you had the player name, beneath that a subtle horizontal colour-coded bar to show condition, which was really useful.

In FM17, we have player name with this dark background that is intrusive to viewing the match when we have condition on.

Now when I de-select this, we have the name of the player, but no guide to condition so as a viewer I've lost information that was useful in FM16, unless I also include the intrusive dark background with the player name.

Is there something else I can do?

If not, I would request SI look at this.

So far I only have one small gripe. How they rendered Anfield this year (not sure if this is random or how it is designed) makes it look like the Britannia stadium. The stands have massive gaps in the corner and are way too far apart for a 54k stadium. 

Only just set up my initial career save and was somewhat surprised to see that my 3D graphics (i7,8gb ram, 64bit windows 7, Nvidia GeForce GT545) in FM17 is  assessed as being a lot less capable than it was for FM16:

3D Graphics                                                                                                4* FM16   3* FM17

Graphics quality                                                                                          High          Medium

Frame rate                                                                                                    Auto            Auto

Render quality, Match detail,Shader quality,Texture quality               High        Medium

Anti Aliasing                                                                                                 Medium       Low

Crowd quality                                                                                                 High        Medium

Sky,Scenary,crowd 7 seats,weatehr effects, stadium, players           all ticked    all ticked

Is this to be expected from animation/detail changes putting more load on graphics or just a recognition/assessment blip?

Edited by mhaffy
incomplete

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Tactics focus and high intensity on team training until September. Normal intensity when two fixtrues a week start.

Six friendlies, every fourth day. 22 players x45mins or 11 x90 and then other 11 in the next game.

Nothing crazy pressing wise in tactics, I even have stay on feet for tackling.

High intensity on unfit players at the start of pre-season may encourage injuries.  Six friendlies during pre-season may (I stress "may") not be enough to get players fully match fit before the season kicks off.  Unfit players are more prone to injury.

You have been pretty unlucky though, might be worth firing up another save and checking how you get on there.

Wingers are set to attack as part of a flat 4. All default instructions. Left winger Inhave set to shoot less often however.

wing backs (support) are all default, shoot less often and run wide with ball.

its a 4141 not 4411 sorry.

deep lying play maker on support as DMC and both mc's are box to box to stop the striker being too isolated and also aid defence. 

Exactly same tactic I spent all last year making on FM16, tweaking it all year.

netgame I had going last week (photos on twitter) season 1 with Derby we won championship, promoted to prem obv.

1st season in Prem with 7 of the 11 starters being original Derby players we finish 2nd some how.

3rd season we won prem and champs league at first time of asking. 

Crazy good tactic for FM16 I built.

22 prem clean sheets season 1 in prem and top scorers. 

1 minute ago, herne79 said:

High intensity on unfit players at the start of pre-season may encourage injuries.  Six friendlies during pre-season may (I stress "may") not be enough to get players fully match fit before the season kicks off.  Unfit players are more prone to injury.

You have been pretty unlucky though, might be worth firing up another save and checking how you get on there.

Injuries started occuring after the pre-season. All of my players always end up with +90% match fitness after the pre-season.

2 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

Only just set up my initial career save and was somewhat surprised to see that my 3D graphics (i7,8gb ram, 64bit windows 7, Nvidia GeForce GT545) in FM17 is  assessed as being a lot less capable than it was for FM16:

3D Graphics

Seems to be a lot of people reporting this. It might just be SI being cautious with the default settings. My graphics card, not high end, is coping fine on medium to high settings.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but where exactly is the screen that shows the player's individual ability on each foot?

You used to be able to go the player's Overview>Information screen and see Left Foot: Fairly Strong and Right Foot: Very Strong for example. Although it could have been the skin I was using on FM16.

Just now, bloodandfire said:

Will this be the same for full release as Bradford sold over 18k tickets in reality not the numbers it's suggesting here 

Rick Thorne_  Inbox.png

If you could raise this here we'll get that sorted for release: https://community.sigames.com/forum/324-database-and-research-issues/

3 minutes ago, arsenal3459 said:

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but where exactly is the screen that shows the player's individual ability on each foot?

You used to be able to go the player's Overview>Information screen and see Left Foot: Fairly Strong and Right Foot: Very Strong for example. Although it could have been the skin I was using on FM16.

Moved to Development > Tactics now.

• SI Staff
10 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

I'd like to come back on this one.

In FM16 you had the player name, beneath that a subtle horizontal colour-coded bar to show condition, which was really useful.

In FM17, we have player name with this dark background that is intrusive to viewing the match when we have condition on.

Now when I de-select this, we have the name of the player, but no guide to condition so as a viewer I've lost information that was useful in FM16, unless I also include the intrusive dark background with the player name.

Is there something else I can do?

If not, I would request SI look at this.

Your best bet would be to head over here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/516-user-interface-issues/

31 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Surely that's even more unrealistic, no? 

I'd imagine it's tactical , almost all my goals have come from crosses ( goal position varies between posts and middle of 6yd box) but then I'm playing a tactic that uses aggressive attacking wing backs. Overall it seems the lazor guided wingback cross is gone and wide play looks much more fluid and true to life.

Anyone else seeing  A LOT of deflected goals ?

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

i have started with newcastle as a sunday league footballer with zero coaching badges and determination 1/20 ( this affects how you can persuade the board into requests)

shockingly the first things i did was request 2 things and they were both accepted - increase scouting range and larger wage budget, thanks to big mike ashley!

23 minutes ago, herne79 said:

It's still in the same place.  Staff > Responsibilities > First Team > Coach Report Advice.

Yes! i am aware it's still in the same place im just wondering why it no longer gives you which coach is best suited for each job ie. training/player developement etc

4 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

No, most non-playing staff still have this. 

I can't see any attribute numbers on any of my staff when i'm setting the responsibilites.
I have to go back and forth between the responsibilities screen to all the profiles of all selectable staff; whereas in FM16 everything was presented on the one and the same screen (Backroom Advice under staff responsibilities).

• Administrators
Just now, roykela said:

I can't see any attribute numbers on any of my staff when i'm setting the responsibilites.
I have to go back and forth between the responsibilities screen to all the profiles of all selectable staff; whereas in FM16 everything was presented on the one and the same screen (Backroom Advice under staff responsibilities).

Okay think I misinterpreted what you originally asked, probably worth logging in the UI forum. Thanks.