Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, oche balboa said:

What's the difference between this version and the full version 

 

what is missing from this? 

Nothing is missing, it's just the Beta version.. I.E .. work in progress.. not finished completely as of yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

No, most non-playing staff still have this. 

so with the new ones we just have to guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bestbrother said:

Anyone been able to get logos from FM16 to work in 17?

 

Yes... it works exactly the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to get to first pre-season friendly, largely by ignoring everything else! (Have to deal with family dinner, and then I can settle in for a few hours late tonight.) However, first impressions of the match engine are positive, albeit from a very limited exposure. Those LCD billboards will getting switched off pronto - very irritating. Nice to report that the ball was visible on a bright summer's day (one of my biggest complaints about FM16). Not much else jumped out pro or con, but the absence of any obvious cons is welcome. It will probably take a few games before anyone can pronounce on the crossing issue which, in my opinion, was more about defenders not defending properly rather than crosses being overpowered. Will be keeping an eye open for that, plus goalkeeping/rebound issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Yes... it works exactly the same.

I copied my 16 logos into my 17 folder and they are not working :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bestbrother said:

I copied my 16 logos into my 17 folder and they are not working :(

Reloaded the skin and unticked skin cache?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

Anyone been able to get logos from FM16 to work in 17?

 

 

9 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Yes... it works exactly the same.

 

Not for me . club emblems  and Kits are Working fine for me . Player Faces don't !

 

Unbenannt.png

Edited by haffaz77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys.. check the FAQ .. if your issue isn't answered there, post details on the issue you're having in the relevant bug forums please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

I copied my 16 logos into my 17 folder and they are not working :(

Open your library, find FM17, right click properties and set launch options.

In that box, write:

--user_data_location="...\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017"

Full location path instead of the dots obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that 'highlight key attributes for role' is on by default for players when viewing their Overview - attribute page. Is there a way to turn this off by default?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

What's the difference between this version and the full version 

 

what is missing from this? 

Workshop access, the FM Store and In-Game/Pre Game Editors. Everything else is in, albeit still a work in progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9-2 odds for league, but when i get the news item about premier league favourites it says 

"Having priced your team at 200-1 the bookmakers obviously believe that you are one of a number of teams who shouldnt be worrying about relegation"

 

"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChelseaSince86 said:

9-2 odds for league, but when i get the news item about premier league favourites it says 

"Having priced your team at 200-1 the bookmakers obviously believe that you are one of a number of teams who shouldnt be worrying about relegation"

 

"

Could you raise that issue on our bugs forum here please? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

If you have a save game which shows it (ideally just before the news item is generated) that would be absolutely ideal. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the way I can now have an FM save and an FMC save running concurrently, as they've been separated now. Good work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I absolutely love this screen

 

team report.PNG

great addition imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Could you raise that issue on our bugs forum here please? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

If you have a save game which shows it (ideally just before the news item is generated) that would be absolutely ideal. Thanks. 

Done, attached a picture too.  Dont have a save just before unfortunately..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The GE is pretty slick , lighting is improved and the new animations make a difference. Saw a a goal with a striker sliding in behind a defender, can't ever recall seeing one like it in 16.

The Data Analyst camera is good too,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

I've noticed that 'highlight key attributes for role' is on by default for players when viewing their Overview - attribute page. Is there a way to turn this off by default?

Thanks.

Simply go to 'Highlight > Highlight key attributes for role' and deselect it. That should remove the highlights altogether for any role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the option to choose more varied managerial style focuses at the start of a game, such as Disciplinarian, Motivator, Youth Development, Knowledgeable, Tactician and Taskmaster.

I've never noticed this in previous FM's so I'm assuming it's a new feature or a prior oversight on my part?

Personally, I went with Taskmaster. :)

Nice addition (if this is indeed the first version where it's been included).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Simply go to 'Highlight > Highlight key attributes for role' and deselect it. That should remove the highlights altogether for any role.

Do you mean on the player attribute screen? We I do this it moves the highlights for that player but when I go back to that player later or any other player the highlights are back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Do you mean on the player attribute screen? We I do this it moves the highlights for that player but when I go back to that player later or any other player the highlights are back.

I was referring to the 'Overview > Profile' page. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Michael Zorc said:

I love the option to choose more varied managerial style focuses at the start of a game, such as Disciplinarian, Motivator, Youth Development, Knowledgeable, Tactician and Taskmaster.

I've never noticed this in previous FM's so I'm assuming it's a new feature or a prior oversight on my part?

Personally, I went with Taskmaster. :)

Nice addition (if this is indeed the first version where it's been included).

This is indeed new and we love that you love it, thanks Michael  :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Powermonger said:

Any changes made to the Team Instructions screen or is it still the same?

Still the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

This is indeed new and we love that you love it, thanks Michael  :thup:

Definitely a nice touch. Thought the attributes accurately reflected the descriptions, too, which is great.

Thanks for clarifying. :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the pressing been redone for FM17?

 

EDIT: By this, I mean has the types of pressing and the setup of pressing been redone? :)

Edited by Adzke
Words...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zigaliro said:

Still the same.

Ok cheers, disappointed as I was hoping SI would continue to refine it. 

Edited by Powermonger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

I was referring to the 'Overview > Profile' page. :) 

Thanks, appreciate your help.

Too bad that option isn't available on the Overview - attribute screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In FMT startup, what do a blue star beside a nation means?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Do you mean on the player attribute screen? We I do this it moves the highlights for that player but when I go back to that player later or any other player the highlights are back.

Best thing to do is to raise the issue in the bugs forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried reloading a start game and each time prem teams come in and offer jobs to all my sports scientists and daya analysts, I am NUFC...umm.

Suppose that could happen given we are starting in Champ League and they are offered a better deal presumably! Yet no offers for any other coaching or non-coaching posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of interest but is the safe standing section at Celtic Park in the game?

Not of great importance but would be a nice thing if they added it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vasilli07 said:

In FMT startup, what do a blue star beside a nation means?

It means it's a recommended nation to load based on the team you've chosen to manage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Thanks, appreciate your help.

Too bad that option isn't available on the Overview - attribute screen.

Last year I would retart the game and it would be off by default. Doesn't seem to work this time though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It means it's a recommended nation to load based on the team you've chosen to manage. 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carmi88 said:

Social media things alright, how dare a fan question me signing lacazette :mad:

Not sure I'm keen on the media officer retweeting some guy saying signing me was a mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone help me here?

I'm trying to upload a photo for my manager face, the photo is in JPG, jpeg format, and FM always says can not open file,

do i have to use a diffrent picture format or is the file to large, can not find anywhere what format/size to use

 

And i have tried clearing catche and restarting, and it still did not work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dan99 said:

Last year I would retart the game and it would be off by default. Doesn't seem to work this time though.

Same for me, unfortunately. I'll raise it as a bug. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...