Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to get to first pre-season friendly, largely by ignoring everything else! (Have to deal with family dinner, and then I can settle in for a few hours late tonight.) However, first impressions of the match engine are positive, albeit from a very limited exposure. Those LCD billboards will getting switched off pronto - very irritating. Nice to report that the ball was visible on a bright summer's day (one of my biggest complaints about FM16). Not much else jumped out pro or con, but the absence of any obvious cons is welcome. It will probably take a few games before anyone can pronounce on the crossing issue which, in my opinion, was more about defenders not defending properly rather than crosses being overpowered. Will be keeping an eye open for that, plus goalkeeping/rebound issues.

10 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

Anyone been able to get logos from FM16 to work in 17?

9 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Yes... it works exactly the same.

Not for me . club emblems  and Kits are Working fine for me . Player Faces don't !

Unbenannt.png

Edited by haffaz77

4 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

I copied my 16 logos into my 17 folder and they are not working :(

Open your library, find FM17, right click properties and set launch options.

In that box, write:

--user_data_location="...\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017"

Full location path instead of the dots obviously.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

What's the difference between this version and the full version 

what is missing from this? 

Workshop access, the FM Store and In-Game/Pre Game Editors. Everything else is in, albeit still a work in progress.

• Administrators
Just now, ChelseaSince86 said:

9-2 odds for league, but when i get the news item about premier league favourites it says 

"Having priced your team at 200-1 the bookmakers obviously believe that you are one of a number of teams who shouldnt be worrying about relegation"

"

Could you raise that issue on our bugs forum here please? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

If you have a save game which shows it (ideally just before the news item is generated) that would be absolutely ideal. Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Could you raise that issue on our bugs forum here please? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

If you have a save game which shows it (ideally just before the news item is generated) that would be absolutely ideal. Thanks. 

Done, attached a picture too.  Dont have a save just before unfortunately..

• SI Staff
18 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

I've noticed that 'highlight key attributes for role' is on by default for players when viewing their Overview - attribute page. Is there a way to turn this off by default?

Thanks.

Simply go to 'Highlight > Highlight key attributes for role' and deselect it. That should remove the highlights altogether for any role.

I love the option to choose more varied managerial style focuses at the start of a game, such as Disciplinarian, Motivator, Youth Development, Knowledgeable, Tactician and Taskmaster.

I've never noticed this in previous FM's so I'm assuming it's a new feature or a prior oversight on my part?

Personally, I went with Taskmaster. :)

Nice addition (if this is indeed the first version where it's been included).

3 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Simply go to 'Highlight > Highlight key attributes for role' and deselect it. That should remove the highlights altogether for any role.

Do you mean on the player attribute screen? We I do this it moves the highlights for that player but when I go back to that player later or any other player the highlights are back.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Do you mean on the player attribute screen? We I do this it moves the highlights for that player but when I go back to that player later or any other player the highlights are back.

I was referring to the 'Overview > Profile' page. :) 

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, Michael Zorc said:

I love the option to choose more varied managerial style focuses at the start of a game, such as Disciplinarian, Motivator, Youth Development, Knowledgeable, Tactician and Taskmaster.

I've never noticed this in previous FM's so I'm assuming it's a new feature or a prior oversight on my part?

Personally, I went with Taskmaster. :)

Nice addition (if this is indeed the first version where it's been included).

This is indeed new and we love that you love it, thanks Michael  :thup:

Tried reloading a start game and each time prem teams come in and offer jobs to all my sports scientists and daya analysts, I am NUFC...umm.

Suppose that could happen given we are starting in Champ League and they are offered a better deal presumably! Yet no offers for any other coaching or non-coaching posts.

9 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Thanks, appreciate your help.

Too bad that option isn't available on the Overview - attribute screen.

Last year I would retart the game and it would be off by default. Doesn't seem to work this time though.

Can anyone help me here?

I'm trying to upload a photo for my manager face, the photo is in JPG, jpeg format, and FM always says can not open file,

do i have to use a diffrent picture format or is the file to large, can not find anywhere what format/size to use

And i have tried clearing catche and restarting, and it still did not work