Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Also finding a lot of lag when clicking on players on the squad screen compared to before. No custom packs at all.

Feel free to create a thread in the bug reporting section about this... as the overwhelming majority of users are having a much better experience with the ui this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Welshace said:

Feel free to create a thread in the bug reporting section about this... as the overwhelming majority of users are having a much better experience with the ui this year.


Will do! It was very smooth on 17.0.1 it's since the update to 17.1.1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ScottGooner said:

Unless something has changed since last year, the moment an update installs you're 'stuck' with that version.

If I uninstall and reinstall will it go straight to 17.1.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, axehan1 said:

If I uninstall and reinstall will it go straight to 17.1.1

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, axehan1 said:

If I uninstall and reinstall will it go straight to 17.1.1

I think if you uninstall and then reinstall you'll get the current released build of the game, but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steam does always download and install the most recent version of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Double Indemnity said:

Good:

  • Match engine seems in great shape. Most dramatic leap forward in graphics in a while. Lots more variety in transitions. Quality of play at lower levels seems worse (in a good way!), with moves breaking down because of believably stray passes. Crosses aren't as absurdly dominant as they were in FM16 (although full/wing backs still get much higher ratings than other positions, and you can presumably still exploit this by selling them at inflated prices every year or two). Prior to 17.1 it felt like there were too many awful shots — and just low shot accuracy in general — but I'm not getting that sense now. Don't know whether anything changed in that regard, but I'm not scratching my head at bizarre row-Z shots as often post-update.
  • UI feels a little more polished throughout. I got confused about one or two things moving to odd places (like looking at a player's ability with their weaker foot), but in general it seems slicker than before. Little details like keeping the Tutoring menu in the same view/on the same screen are nice.
  • I like the player promises and greater detail in transfers and contracts. Remains to be seen how that all pans out over the course of a season or five, though. I've always felt Backup/Rotation players gripe over playtime a little more than is reasonable, for instance.
  • Genuinely love the Brexit stuff, though I'm surprised it's not a pre-game option you can just adjust for each save. I guess the idea is to force people to grapple with it rather than just turning it off?

Bad:

  • Not much to report here. I will say it seems people are having problems tinkering and modding behind the scenes, with the game not respecting changes to certain files after updates. SI probably can't comment officially on that sort of thing, but it might be worth taking a look at...
  • I guess I have a slight philosophical problem with how frequently your staff suggest things to you now and how much of the game can just be run from your inbox. I appreciate that it's good for novice players, but it feels a little too paternalistic and intrusive to me, especially because their advice is still pretty hit-or-miss, and I feel bad rejecting them over and over.
  • *Also disappointed that, from what I've heard, stranger player roles like inverted wing backs and half backs still aren't working as advertised.** It always feels like the engine respects more conventional tactics — and especially traditional English wing play — and doesn't always do justice to the diversity of global football. Sure, you can make some wacky asymmetric thing work, and you can trick the game into something resembling modern gegenpressing or la salida lavolpiana in very narrow contexts, but in general it's safer and more consistent to just bang in any old 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.
  • I actually loathe the player avatar. The jacket is horribly ill-fitting! He's not even wearing a belt! I wish you could turn him off entirely, especially how he appears on the main splash screen.

Confusing:

  • I'm not sure what the social feed adds except vague "immersion". And that gets eroded when you realize how predictable it is: in 90% of cases, everything that happens will get two positive comments and one contrarian one; you could sign Messi for Leeds and one of your fans would still say, "Not sure what all the fuss is about #Messi #Leeds". I get that it's just been rolled out, and it doesn't cost anything to glance at it or not, but any time the series uses writing or flavor text to communicate things it tends to get transparently repetitive over time. See also: press conferences and player interactions.

*Although I agree that some roles are not working as I expect them to, I am not sure whether they don't work as SI wants them to. I think I have different ideas(concepts) about those roles. For instance the wingers "debate".

** I always felt the same and a bit frustrated of not being able to apply deeply some kind of football. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are people finding freekicks just outside the area? The ones I see are always directed at goal but tend to always go over the top of the goal, occasionally bounce off the wall.  Not seen many real quality free-kicks, not complaining just observing.

Edited by Kazza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably old news by now but I've just noticed the black background has gone from the Stats logo - who says SI don't listen?


Is the fact it is now fairly easy to sell players the same window you buy them a deliberate change? I'm against it if its too easy but I suppose it could happen IRL, and the addition of agent fees and signing on fees make it very different to the money cheating technique from 15 years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kazza said:

How are people finding freekicks just outside the area? The ones I see are always directed at goal but tend to always go over the top of the goal, occasionally bounce off the wall.  Not seen many real quality free-kicks

My Man Utd team are doing fine - in recent matches Depay, Mata and Pogba have smacked them in from 18-25 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, warlock said:

My Man Utd team are doing fine - in recent matches Depay, Mata and Pogba have smacked them in from 18-25 yards.

Lol must be my NUFC lot, missing the barn door. Cheers for the response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, andu1 said:

Is it me or clicking on a player profile from your squad has a slight delay like half a second or so ? didn't happen in 17.0.1

I have exact same problem. Do you find clicking a player profile from another club, whoever that may be, is instant like yours was (in 17.0.2) ?

I also removed my custom graphics, deleted cache from in game menu and SI folder, aswell as preferences, made no difference

Edited by ChelseaSince86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kazza said:

Lol must be my NUFC lot, missing the barn door.

How far into the season are you? In my current save I'm now in January - seem to think it took a few games before they started to find the range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

You just went for the cheapest one, then? Were there others expecting more?

I think they all asked for the same wage. Looking at my save now, I think I went for the youngest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, warlock said:

How far into the season are you? In my current save I'm now in January - seem to think it took a few games before they started to find the range.

I have managed to get them promoted and now into my 10th game in the prem. Doing ok but free-kicks poor. Matt Ritchie playing well but has not scored from a free kick yet. Maybe switch over to Shelvey see how he gets on.

Edited by Kazza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kazza said:

I have managed to get them promoted and now into my 10th game in the prem. Doing ok but free-kicks poor. Matt Ritchie playing well but has not scored from a free kick yet. Maybe switch over to Shelvey see how he gets on.

He has scored a few freekicks for me in the champ.  Aswell as some absolute bangers

Edited by ChelseaSince86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

I have exact same problem. Do you find clicking a player profile from another club, whoever that may be, is instant like yours was (in 17.0.2) ?

I also removed my custom graphics, deleted cache from in game menu and SI folder, aswell as preferences, made no difference

Yes, only clicking on my players is delayed a bit. Also when looking at past meetings between clubs has a slight delay now unlike 17.02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

euqtq3n.png?1

Hit the woodwork 5 times in this game, all crosses to the far post that were easy tap ins that Martial(who isn't bad at finishing) managed to miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Yes, only clicking on my players is delayed a bit. Also when looking at past meetings between clubs has a slight delay now unlike 17.02

It is strange. Hopefully it is an easy fix, my staff profiles load instantly too.  Only the players which dont.   Tried going through my U23 earlier seeing who can stay and go.... was a chore with the "lag".   It is actually a lot more noticeable than i thought.... 

Edited by ChelseaSince86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree with the mysteriously hard to find comments that the electronic advertising boards are a bit of a disaster. Not gonna be an easy fix though seeing as one assumes companies have paid IRL for the right to feature on them.

One possible improvement is that, from what I can see, the board are tied to the speed of the match engine, and I'd imagine a large amount of players play on a sped up engine, even if a few stops short of 100% speed. If there was some way to isolate the 3d boards and have them flicker at 'real time' independently of the match speed I think this would serve the benefit of both improving visibility and enjoyment whilst also actually improving readability of the advertising time that IRL sponsors have paid for. win win win win.

Apologies if my base theory is wrong rendering rest redundant.

Edited by Per Annum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Have to agree with the mysteriously hard to find comments that the electronic advertising boards are a bit of a disaster. Not gonna be an easy fix though seeing as one assumes companies have paid IRL for the right to feature on them.

One possible improvement is that, from what I can see, the board are tied to the speed of the match engine, and I'd imagine a large amount of players play on a sped up engine, even if a few stops short of 100% speed. If there was some way to isolate the 3d boards and have them flicker at 'real time' independently of the match speed I think this would serve the benefit of both improving visibility and enjoyment whilst also actually improving readability of the advertising time that IRL sponsors have paid for. win win win win.

Apologies if my base theory is wrong rendering rest redundant.

I have had to resort to importing some FM16 AD pack. Took awhile to find and download them and a proper fuss to install them but that has removed the flashing boards with simpler ones. You are correct re the speed aspect having an impact but unless you drop below a snails pace it is still unbearable. As I posted earlier, the Dev's are looking into it, so you never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone feel there's too many superlatives for example my goalkeeper punted the ball down the field, the oppo centre half missed it allowing my striker to score. Apparently it was sheer magic by my gk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On release day I posted about how although my glitch 80 goal a season style goal from FM16 was gone I was still getting a different type of repetitive crossed goal. I don't even know if there have been much ME changes since then but something has improved massively. My fears in that regard have massively gone down for now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Also finding a lot of lag when clicking on players on the squad screen compared to before. No custom packs at all.

There's a few of us with this issue. it 100% has only occurred since 17.1 update.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

There's a few of us with this issue. it 100% has only occurred since 17.1 update.  

Agreed. Certain parts of the UI are really sluggish post update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Agreed. Certain parts of the UI are really sluggish post update

I've noticed it most obvious when clicking to view the profile of one of my squad members. and when I click the link to praise a players performance from my inbox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Marc Duffy is online. I wonder when other high up people in the company will come online later today ... :D

 

Also online are Alari Naylor, Mod Fratz and Mod Hunt3r.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Boss said:

Anyone else finding the new subscriptions style all over the place? In FM16 I'd receive match reports on every club I'd subscribe to, even for friendly games. However even when I 'follow' a club on FM17, I am never made aware of their results? It doesn't appear in the social feed, and I don't get news items about it.

Am I doing something wrong or has this just been taken out of the game now?

Can anyone help on this?

Also, is it a known bug that the goalscorers are listed in Black on the matchscreen and so very hard to read?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

since the last 2 updates the pressing has got much worse. players hunt down the ball in packs which in turn loses all your shape, this is not how pressing is done irl. if you type in Liverpool pressing into you tube you will see how pressing is done and only once does 2 players press the ball. what they do is they press the ball and position the other players near to where the opposition are so they can press again very easily but with the game at the mo as I say its like watching a benny hill sketch and sometimes 4 or 5 players run around the pitch chasing the ball. just leads to very unrealistic looking game and chances galore and open space for the opposition.

 

 

 

Edited by jacknjill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is this a bug should I bung it in the bug section? we had a break and rodriguez had the ball on the left wing but the player who was playing up front was suddenly my defender we lost the ball played up to him and they in turn played it up to the forward who was in acres of space due to my defender being up front and they scored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jacknjill said:

is this a bug should I bung it in the bug section? we had a break and rodriguez had the ball on the left wing but the player who was playing up front was suddenly my defender we lost the ball played up to him and they in turn played it up to the forward who was in acres of space due to my defender being up front and they scored.

As always- if you think that there is a bug in the game, then please open a thread in the relevant section of the Bugs forum and upload a pkm of the match to the ftp site,  advising in the thread the name of the upload and the exact circumstances that you feel are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've also noticed an increase in pack hunting but never more than two players. I have specifically thought those two players looked a little silly, but that it isn't that far off real life and has only been on occasional instances not throughout the match.  

I'd also slightly disagree with your views on Irl pressing. You are focusing on Kopp which is one type of pressing and even has its own fancy name as you've linked. I'll agree not many teams employ a form of pressing that continually involves four or so players but even non pressing teams will have occasional passages of play where that occurs.

I think the answer would be more detailed instruction options rather than whatever arbitrary player limit you seem to be seeking to impose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Earnie is God! said:

Might only be a pre-season friendly and it was scored against us, but this is a lovely goal and not something I have seen much of at all in previous FM versions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yG0aNwtRfI

Not sure why but it's telling me youtube won't allow embedding of this type of video??

The video is set to private. Can't watch it, and it could be why you're not allowed embedding.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really sure if it's a bug or just feedback so thought in here would be best.

Just started a save as an unemployed, Sunday League footballer with no qualifications. After whizzing through a few months Wealdstone sack their manager and I am linked. Soon after I'm approached by Eurosport to comment.

Given that at this point I'm barely even a manager and technically little more than a fan I'm not sure why a major news outlet would ask me directly? I'm the least qualified person for the job and at this point I've not even shown an interest in the role! Had I declared interest I'd understand.

Secondly Eurosport barely mentions the Vanarama National on their website, let alone North/South manager comments. I know it's only small but thought it was worth mentioning.

Oh, I also have been tipped for some jobs in the Vanarama National including recently relegated York City, who I am sure would be far from being interested in a nobody like me! Again I could understand if I had shown interest but I'm not sure how the press or bookies even know who I am at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I must say,the match before update was better.Players were smart and i saw good action on the field(backwards passes ,one to one,more running with ball or just

holding the ball).I watched (on full or comprehensive) some matches before update,with BVB,just simple tactic,no TI,no PI, no changes during match.It was good.
After update: players are stupid again- simply passes to nobody,long passes to nobody or to striker´s head(before up. was it to his foot)-just like fm 16.And there are more offsides now.I see now more goals from crosses then before update.
If you watch the match on key or extended,you don´t probably see this things. So,don´t worry.
For me it´s step back.

PS.1: pressing really doesn´t exist.last version with good pressing was FM 12.

PS.2: AI is winning and still plays forwards(fast), kick and rush football.Why??

PS.3: some pictures of AI

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

RBL plays 4-4-2 and in the end has 39-9 corners also 30 crosses(but not complete).
 

Edited by capri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, capri said:

Hi,

I must say,the match before update was better.Players were smart and i saw good action on the field(backwards passes ,one to one,more running with ball or just

holding the ball).I watched (on full or comprehensive) some matches before update,with BVB,just simple tactic,no TI,no PI, no changes during match.It was good.
After update: players are stupid again- simply passes to nobody,long passes to nobody or to striker´s head(before up. was it to his foot)-just like fm 16.And there are more offsides now.I see now more goals from crosses then before update.
If you watch the match on key or extended,you don´t probably see this things. So,don´t worry.
For me it´s step back.

PS.1: pressing really doesn´t exist.last version with good pressing was FM 12.

PS.2: AI is winning and still plays forwards(fast), kick and rush football.Why??

PS.3: some pictures of AI

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

RBL plays 4-4-2 and in the end has 39-9 corners also 30 crosses(but not complete).
 



I may be wrong but if that is actually an AI managed team, it almost looks like it were doing the same stupid thing players complaining did, which is just pushing everybody in central positions into/at the edge of the box, compressing play this much that ball retention, rebuilding of attacks, drawing out defenders let alone a sufficient shield of the defense was impossible. Even to the most casual of football fan if he's on a decent cam view it should be obvious that this is nothing like football, so therefore no much stats like football are to be expected. I'd be very much suprised, as one midfielder always sitting deep was usually always happening. I would upload this either way, as both the wide backs apparently sitting back looks a bit odd too and would fuel woes likewise.

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all honesty, i cba to go upload goals as bugs. I play little of the game as it is. 

The screenshot below shows my recent games. The 2-2 draw was the first game since the recent update. There have been goals galore (excluding one game where i just went all out defend against Millwall). No my problem isn't the goals. My problem is the way goals are scored. It's simply been appalling to watch in terms of defending and goalkeeping. Shots straight at the keeper going in. You've got defenders ignoring balls and letting it hit them and go in, letting them hit them and fall to an attacker. I've also had 3 goals (2 of which have been since the update) where a defender has smashed the ball into a team mate for that to go in. The game has just gotten appalling to watch and despite massively over achieving with my team i'm struggling to play the game.

20161103114835_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

In all honesty, i cba to go upload goals as bugs. I play little of the game as it is. 

The screenshot below shows my recent games. The 2-2 draw was the first game since the recent update. There have been goals galore (excluding one game where i just went all out defend against Millwall). No my problem isn't the goals. My problem is the way goals are scored. It's simply been appalling to watch in terms of defending and goalkeeping. Shots straight at the keeper going in. You've got defenders ignoring balls and letting it hit them and go in, letting them hit them and fall to an attacker. I've also had 3 goals (2 of which have been since the update) where a defender has smashed the ball into a team mate for that to go in. The game has just gotten appalling to watch and despite massively over achieving with my team i'm struggling to play the game.

20161103114835_1.jpg

If you've got any issues please raise them here and our match team can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/forum/515-match-engine-issues/

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yer Maw said:

Does the full version including editor drop at midnight tonight ?

The game is due for release on November 4th, that will include the editor.

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boss said:

Can anyone help on this?

Also, is it a known bug that the goalscorers are listed in Black on the matchscreen and so very hard to read?

Neil, any chance you or someone else can get back to me on my query?

Have posted 4 times now with no one getting back to me. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, roykela said:

The video is set to private. Can't watch it, and it could be why you're not allowed embedding.

 

Thanks for that, sorted it now, so you can see it. Not sure why it was set to private as I've uploaded many more before without having to change settings. Is this something youtube have changed in their default settings do you know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boss said:

Neil, any chance you or someone else can get back to me on my query?

Have posted 4 times now with no one getting back to me. Thanks

Could you please raise your issue here in the bugs forum so our team can look into it? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

As you say the reports should be appearing, so it'd be good to get to the bottom of it. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else experienced their custom squad views being gone after the latest update, except for one (probably the one that was currently active)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea where you can view the promises you made to a player before they signed? I made a promise of giving their preferred number and to play in cup games. Just a week after they signed they were unhappy that a promise was not kept. Bear in mind this was pre season and the time to submit squad numbers was still like a week away.

Tried to view the promises to review it but just can't find them. Are they not on the players information or are they stored somewhere else?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KF1990 said:

Any idea where you can view the promises you made to a player before they signed? I made a promise of giving their preferred number and to play in cup games. Just a week after they signed they were unhappy that a promise was not kept. Bear in mind this was pre season and the time to submit squad numbers was still like a week away.

Tried to view the promises to review it but just can't find them. Are they not on the players information or are they stored somewhere else?

 

Promises are under Home --> promises (top of the screen)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...