Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, penza said:

I have an in-game editor for FM and I edited 1 injury proneness to all my players I still get an injury every 2 weeks. In FM16 I did the same I would maybe get 1 or 2 per year. So... there is no injury bug then? okĀ :rolleyes:

Injuries are about 80% of real life rates. If you think you're seeing specific issues, please upload the save.

2 minutes ago, penza said:

I have an in-game editor for FM and I edited 1 injury proneness to all my players I still get an injury every 2 weeks. In FM16 I did the same I would maybe get 1 or 2 per year. So... there is no injury bug then? okĀ :rolleyes:

I'll gloss over the fact that your complaint is 'the game is different to last years' ....Ā 

Ā 

The fact that you are using an unsupported 3rd party editor won't win you any discussions on the forums.

Just now, Welshace said:

I'll gloss over the fact that your complaint is 'the game is different to last years' ....Ā 

Ā 

The fact that you are using an unsupported 3rd party editor won't win you any discussions on the forums.

I didn't know this wasĀ about winning Ā but anyways....its a shame to get these replies on repeatĀ as unsupported as an editor may be if your players have 1 injury proneness in every single FM I have played you would get always very few injuries... its a stat within a game so I am not inventing something new thus it is not different to last years' game as stats remain stats therefore clearly there is something not right! If your job is to #denyalways then fair enough.

Ā 

Just now, penza said:

Ā 

Sarcastic posts don't help. Cut it out.Ā The thread is for feedback on the game, not bug reporting or snarky posts.

Let's repeat: Ā If you think you've found an issue, report it with a copy of your save.

Thanks

1 minute ago, penza said:

Ā 

I think you missed the point here....Ā 

As has been mentioned a few times, injuries in the game are running at about 80% of irl stats .. the only difference between fm17 and fm16 is that the rate has been tweaked to reflect real life as accurately as possible. I have no idea what your hashtag nonsense is meant to mean, but why would it be denial if the facts are there?

Ā 

But as previously said, if you find anything seemingly off, feel free to provide more than just a statement saying so with some facts or figures to back up your claim

2 minutes ago, Welshace said:

I think you missed the point here....Ā 

As has been mentioned a few times, injuries in the game are running at about 80% of irl stats .. the only difference between fm17 and fm16 is that the rate has been tweaked to reflect real life as accurately as possible. I have no idea what your hashtag nonsense is meant to mean, but why would it be denial if the facts are there?

Ā 

But as previously said, if you find anything seemingly off, feel free to provide more than just a statement saying so with some facts or figures to back up your claim

right i see, is there a way then to tweak it down by any chance? therefore it isn't a bug as you said it is just a tweak fair enough good to know. It would be great if you can tweak it down, just feel like its a bit too much, not only for my team but AI teams too. thanks!

1 hour ago, penza said:

Did you guys see Steam reviews, nearly 700 negative and 300 positive whats going on!! Many are Chinese players who are unhappy but a lot about the ME... while on this forum most comments are positive!

Depends on which you mean. I don't mean this defensive, SI should take this seriously as there is something off. But a lot of comments about supposedly broken/still buggy ME are about inevitable comebacks, AI scores all the shots, poor players would completely outplay the player's good ones, injuries, and so forth. Those have existed every year and so far there has never been a case where the input of the player wasn't contributing to it, or his perception of the match play. There is more to than those, but so far every year I knew I personally could dismiss them as far as my own playing experience is concerned. That doesn't mean SI should. Honestly the "AI converts every shot" thing has been at least technically a click of the mouse and solved ever since the sliders were taken out which allowed for crazy gaps all over, provided the player doesn't go with crazy formations. The key is and has always been in the right balance between attack/support and defend duties. Either the game needs far more spoon feeding here, but then how far can you go with that given that the text descriptiond are pretty direct.

Does there need to be a far more direct feedback and nudges by the assistant when a tactics lacks the width/depth to break down massed defenses likewise, and that playing against deep defenses gets visibly completely bogged down if there isn't any movement between lines when the two sides eventually are "sitting ducks" in front of the goal? A couple years a couple of very simple entry level guides written by tactic mods adressed this in far simpler ways than what we have now. Maybe some of that needed be in the game. SI seem to have added some "weird" suggestions as to how many support/attack/defend duties you should consider when picking a specific mentality, but that seems a bit off to me in parts (will resever final judgment). This is crucial, as reportedly defending has become more robust, same as -- once again -.- AI tactics. Whilst I anticipate a hopefully added competition, anybody who doesn't grasp the basics may experience more of the above (unless he lets the assistant take over match days entirelly, perhaps, which so far has always been viable).

There's more to it than the above classics, such as criticism of decision making and defending and goal keeping behavior, which probably long-term could benefit of added contribution/guidance of SI's pro football contacts (if it isn't the case already). Same as how you still can't much tweak in the way of pressing, but in general as far as the tactics engine is concerned, some of the above seems to be about as prominent as ever. We'll see!

Edited by Svenc
words come too easy.

3 minutes ago, Preveza said:

Steam reviews are terrible. Wow

Not if you read a bit of them. Mostly Chinese bashing SI for not releasing a chineseĀ language pack.Ā 

3 minutes ago, penza said:

right i see, is there a way then to tweak it down by any chance? therefore it isn't a bug as you said it is just a tweak fair enough good to know. It would be great if you can tweak it down, just feel like its a bit too much, not only for my team but AI teams too. thanks!

There will be injury less datapack after the release of editor dataĀ :thup:

1 hour ago, penza said:

Did you guys see Steam reviews, nearly 700 negative and 300 positive whats going on!! Many are Chinese players who are unhappy but a lot about the ME... while on this forum most comments are positive!

If you filter out the foreign language ones the reviews are just positive , there are a lot of Chinese ones in English though.

Ā 

Their communities have decided to block negative review the game over language support or not being able to buy it or something. Just another example of how ridiculous the Steam review system is

6 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Don't really understand this - wouldn't SI simply integrate the fixes into the full game prior to releasing it?

It takes time for the game to be manufactured (CDs/packaging etc) and distributed to retailers.Ā 

In that window SI can still be working on fixes to release in a patch once the full game is released.Ā  If they didn't they would be sitting doing nothing for a few weeks or the release would constantly be pushed back.

1 minute ago, Cougar2010 said:

It takes time for the game to be manufactured (CDs/packaging etc) and distributed to retailers.Ā 

In that window SI can still be working on fixes to release in a patch once the full game is released.Ā  If they didn't they would be sitting doing nothing for a few weeks or the release would constantly be pushed back.

Ah yes, I take your point about the boxed CDs.

Not sure if this is a bug or not but my Projected Wage Budget for the Premier League is 5.24 million pounds per week, yet my actual wage budget is 4.6 million. I have been selling players and getting some off on loan with their full wage packet covered and the projected amount just keeps going up.

Just now, BoundedCascade said:

Not sure if this is a bug or not but my Projected Wage Budget for the Premier League is 5.24 million pounds per week, yet my actual wage budget is 4.6 million. I have been selling players and getting some off on loan with their full wage packet covered and the projected amount just keeps going up.

Please post this in the bugs forum. Everything you think is odd or a possible bug.

9 minutes ago, saints94 said:
Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Ā 

This may be a silly question, but is there a way I can play the beta and still get a "boxed" version of the game?

Yes buy the game twice. Or buy a box from someone willing to sell only the box.Ā 

Edited by Double0Seven

6 hours ago, Kazza said:

When someone comes on and says FM17 is unrealistic, and presents stats to justify the statement; just look at the stats re MU v Burnley and there you go!!

Yes but 37 shots for Man U today is, according to MoTD,Ā "the highest since records began" and that was still 4 short of the 41 posted earlier in this thread.

11 hours ago, penza said:

How many of those asian negative reviews are those with an honestly real purchased game of FM17? I thought it wasn't available in some Asian countries.

14 minutes ago, AustralianKopite said:

How many of those asian negative reviews are those with an honestly real purchased game of FM17? I thought it wasn't available in some Asian countries.

It's obviously a campaign and well organized, but also easy to see through.

12 minutes ago, Altair said:

Considering this is work in progress will be a match engine update for the official release? There are a lot of things to improve.

If there are lots of things to improve, why dont you tell us what needs to be improved. You're not really being helpful by this nonsense post. Be more specific and help SI out. Posts like this annoy me.

9 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

Yes but 37 shots for Man U today is, according to MoTD,Ā "the highest since records began" and that was still 4 short of the 41 posted earlier in this thread.

Part of that is ME likely, such as the inherent attacking positioning, how players make themselves available, marking, etc. etc. But a huge part also tactics applied -- by both sides involved. This has also been a constant since, in particular FM 2013, which for the first time saw matches go the fully 90 minutes and thus aĀ  massive increase in passes played, distances covered, and eventually, shots taken. It was still possible to completely stall games to both sides taking no more than ten combined, always, even though any set piece tends to produce a "shot".Ā  Naturally back on 2013 the AI defensive tactics encouraged very one sided matches, as they made for a struggle for AI to hold the ball much for long (often you would see no single full back would step up to support midfield for entire matches and just sitting back all the time), which fueled such massive 40-50 vs 2 shot matches too as without midfield support, the ball is much easier lost, and thus the waves towards their own goal kept a-rolling. Which too, is something you rarely see in real football.

Without looking it's pointless though. The real-football comparisons without seeing the actual match can end here, as Manchester United even under van Gaal likely didn't say push all players in front of the ball, possibly go all narrow (in a bid to up possession statistics, as often the case with players), never having anybody out wide, squeezing the area and basically force players to take shots as they would basically sit atop of each other in front of the opposing area with nobody to pass back to, and no matter what passing option is on, the defense is never stretched to shift over. Or doing that for the fully 90 minutes even against opposition "parking that proverbial bus". In the game you've been able to do all of this and more, and the only acknowledgement of that was to be displayed in the play and asĀ  a direct result of that, then the stats. This could borderline on the unwatchable, and not much football, as the positioning encouraged could be nothing much like in real football. Extreme stats have always been possible, as the game has never completely spoon fed that there was something iffy about the play that was encouraged. You'd see it in the shot conversion, which then would massively suffer, and the win ratio which can hugely decrease. There've been reports about an increase in shots off target too, I'm personally very keen on witnessing for myself whether that is down to reportedly more robust defenses, and possibly also better AI tactics. The problem in AI vs AI matches naturally is that they must have improved their attacking tactics as well, as well as being able to recognize when they are coming up against that stubborn bus. I.e. no more going 4-2-2-2 and having both of the wide defenders which are the only wide guys in that formation on defend duty, as else the opponent would be having a laugh as all play is channeled through the middle, and usually easier to defend than LvGs United even at their least penetrating (yeah, that's happend before). :D

Ā 

Edited by Svenc

Since this is the feedback thread, I'm gonna give you my feedback after 120 hours of playtime.

Ā 

1.Ā  First, I want to congratulate SI for the great job they've done in this edition of the game. It's only fair since last year I was outraged by the match engine (full backs - crosses stuff and I felt forced to switch back to FM15). So this year, congratulations, FM 17 is the game I was hoping for last year, but it's better late than never.

2. The match engine feels good to me overall, no major bugs, nothing broken. It's very well balanced and polished. However I do feel that the Regista role needs more work. Maybe it's not the role itself, but the way other roles interact with the Regista. Anyway, that's a discussion for another topic and I will leave it at that.

3. The user interface is nicely done, however here I must say that the light skin needs serious work. The colors you choose (nuances) could be much better and so the contrast. For example, I played as Schalke 04 and the White over Blue theme was very nice in the bar (where you have the club menu (the top part). However, when I played at AC Milan, especially with the light skin, the red over black was so eye-hurting. That is also the case in the dark skin aswell, but on the light one is even worse. You should give us an option to use a more gentle color combination. Regarding AC Milan, the 3rd kitĀ  (goldish one) looks horrible in 3d match. The colors seem washed away. In a word, the 3rd kit representation is ugly.

4. The new features seem to be well implemented, but there is something that I think was overlooked and quite neglected, both in FM 16 and in FM 17: Training. I'm not complaining about team training, but more about Individual Training. Back in FM 15 (let alone the versions before), the individual training felt so much better because it allowed you to control the intensity for each player. No ofense SI, but it feels to me that since FM 13-14, the individual training was nerfed instead of improving. Maybe this is not such a big deal for many people, but for someone who likes long term saves combined with development of their own young players, it is a very big deal. I am not going to ask an explanaition because I know I won't get one, but please, for God's sake, stop overlooking the Training. You can add features, slight improvements to the game, but the training area needs a serious revamp, from the ground up.

5. Lastly, I want to give you feedback about the actual performance of the game. I am playing it on an AMD FX-6300 + 8GB DDR3 @1866 MHz + nVIDIA EVGA GTX 950 FTW edition and I have never encountered the frame drops and stutterings that other are experiencing. I am able to play the game on Very High Settings in 3d, locked at 60 fps @1080p and my PC doesnt even break a sweat. I feel sorry for the people who experience crashes and massive fps drops, but on my system the game runs extremly well.

Ā 

In conclusion, good job. The game looks more than good in the beta stage.

18 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

I think it would be for the best if SI would stop releasing a new version every year, while instead switching focus to improve the game and release yearly DLCs/patches with team transfers, database updates and so on, and a new version every 2 years. This will give them time to iron out the bugs, ME problems, etc.

Also, is it really true that Arda Turan has 17 on Dribble, while Cristiano Ronaldo has 15 ? I refuse to believe that.

I'm currently reading through the reviews and there are alot of negative ones who aren't chinese at all.

Edited by Georgik

32 minutes ago, Georgik said:

I think it would be for the best if SI would stop releasing a new version every year, while instead switching focus to improve the game and release yearly DLCs/patches with team transfers, database updates and so on, and a new version every 2 years. This will give them time to iron out the bugs, ME problems, etc.

Also, is it really true that Arda Turan has 17 on Dribble, while Cristiano Ronaldo has 15 ? I refuse to believe that.

I'm currently reading through the reviews and there are alot of negative ones who aren't chinese at all.

It's not going to happen and it's not relevant to beta feedback, so let's keep on topicĀ 

28 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

It's not going to happen and it's not relevant to beta feedback, so let's keep on topicĀ 

What about Cristiano and Arda's stats on Dribbling ?

Edited by Georgik

2 minutes ago, Georgik said:

What about Cristiano and Arda's stats on Dribbling ?

You will have a data editor when the game is out, if you are unhappy you can modify their stats to be like you want them to be.Ā 

Frankly Ronaldo's attributes are spot on and he scores loads of goals already in the game.

5 hours ago, Preveza said:

If there are lots of things to improve, why dont you tell us what needs to be improved. You're not really being helpful by this nonsense post. Be more specific and help SI out. Posts like this annoy me.

Ā 

Really? It has been mentioned so much by a lot of users already but if you want i will say again:

-Too much own goals.

-GK needs to be better,a lof of stupid mistakes.

-Too much shoots outside the area.

-Cross problems as always.

Ā 

I see there's still that annoying thing when you click on 'fixtures' and it only displays the fixtures down to November or something prompting you to click away and click back to get the full list, this is something that's been happening in the last few editions of the game. It's not a huge issue, but it's a bit distracting.Ā 

I'm having a lot of fun with the game but there's some seriously funky stuff going on in the Scottish Premiership.

I started as Rangers manager but got the sack in November so scuttled off to the conference north.Ā  However, consider these events:

Ā 

- Partick Thistle won the league, finishing on 84 points, 12 clear of Celtic.Ā  Their manager, Alan Archibald, promptly resigned and is now at Bristol City.

- Brendan Rodgers is still in his job, despite losing the league to Partick.Ā  Not just losing it but being utterly kerb-stomped. Ā 

- Aberdeen sacked Derek McInnes and replaced him with Peter Houston who improved (finally finishing 5th) and won the Scottish Cup but his position is apparently now 'precarious'.

- After I was booted out of Rangers, David Weir was appointed interim manager and hauled the team up to 4th in the league (from 9th - yes I know,, I am an awful manager) and reached the Scottish Cup final only for the club to announce two days before it (their biggest game of the season by far) that he was being replaced by Paul Lambert, a man universally despised by the Rangers support who predictably lost.

Ā 

Now, not one of the above is even remotely likely.Ā  It's fine having the occasional odd occurrence in the game bat that is all FUBAR.Ā  Now this may be a one-off in my game but I'd be interested to hear how others are finding the Scottish Prem? Ā 

34 minutes ago, Altair said:

Ā 

Really? It has been mentioned so much by a lot of users already but if you want i will say again:

-Too much own goals.

-GK needs to be better,a lof of stupid mistakes.

-Too much shoots outside the area.

-Cross problems as always.

Ā 

Mentioning it doesn't help SI investigate. Ā They need specific examples of where you think these issues are happening. Ā That needs to be raised in the Bugs forum with .pkm of matches withĀ in match timings and/or game saves.

And if you are seeing too many long shots or "cross problems", it'll also be useful to detail the tactic you are using as well as the ppm / game save.

Is there any way to suggest your players to sack their agent without the new contract talk initiated by player themselves?

Because I have a 38milā‚¬ valued player who's perfectly happy at the club but his damn agent puts a 47.5milā‚¬ non-negotiable release clause in the new contract negotiation and wants 3x wage rise, from 5milā‚¬ p/a to 15.

Ridiculous.