Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

16 hours ago, Herbie2100 said:

Is it just me or:

I can now predict with 90% chance if there will be a goal from the way the buildup/counter etc is.

Player with the ball running down to the byline a cross backwards goal 95% of the time

Low cross behind the defence to the centre just infront of the goalkeeper, goal 95% of the time

Freekick just outside the panalty box, hoof it over 99% of the time, at least 3 times pr. match

I just played a match that ended 5-4, i predicted 8 of thoose goals, the last was a Panalty.

13 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

What Highlights level do choose when watching matches?

9 hours ago, Herbie2100 said:

Key, so it's 8 out of 20-25

9 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

So that's why you're able to predict goals. Key highlights will show you key highlights, basically goals and CCCs (good attacking chances).

This. 

Try watching one match in full and see if you're able to predict when the goals will go in. The vast majority of key highlights are goals. 

Payet is a free kick scoring machine in my game (18 for free kick taking). 8 goals so far this season (I'm in Feb); 6 from direct free kicks just outside the area into the top corner - typical Payet free kick goals really.

Edited by rp1966

Loving the beta, best version yet for me.

A couple of points Re the 3D match engine

Tackles, I know with the limited animation frames you are using it must be difficult portray the various moves fully, but in general tackles, are there some frames not working? I say this because there is occasionally a point where two players are challenging , but the just stand there, face to face, as if they are having a quick discussion on who should have the ball. Very polite I'm sure but not the game as we know it.

Is this going to be cleaned up in the release,?

Unfortunately, with this engine you don't really get the impression of the  physicality of football, an improvement in this aspect one year would take brilliant game up several levels. Seriously, just do a deal with Konami and use the PES engine :)

The ME is almost perfect for me exept the injuris

For me there is too many injuris in the game and in traning 

1 hour ago, Gruf said:

Loving the beta, best version yet for me.

A couple of points Re the 3D match engine

Tackles, I know with the limited animation frames you are using it must be difficult portray the various moves fully, but in general tackles, are there some frames not working? I say this because there is occasionally a point where two players are challenging , but the just stand there, face to face, as if they are having a quick discussion on who should have the ball. Very polite I'm sure but not the game as we know it.

Is this going to be cleaned up in the release,?

Unfortunately, with this engine you don't really get the impression of the  physicality of football, an improvement in this aspect one year would take brilliant game up several levels. Seriously, just do a deal with Konami and use the PES engine :)

Edited by Double0Seven

2 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

The ME is almost perfect for me exept the injuris

For me there is too many injuris in the game and in traning 

This been up multiple times, theres not too many injuries , theres only too less injuries compared to real world. SI tweaked it to be around 75% of real life. 

Edited by Double0Seven

These 'he certainly didn't mean that' shots are getting on my nerves. 2-3 of them every game. It's maybe a level thing, I'm in the Vanarama North

1 minute ago, harrycarrie said:

Which section would it come under? I'm happy to.

As Brexit is something special it's other gameplay issues. They could move it to contracts if they think it should be there.

2 minutes ago, KUBI said:

As Brexit is something special it's other gameplay issues. They could move it to contracts if they think it should be there.

Ok cheers for the quick response!

Re: Financial modeling and reworking of player value calculation

FM 2016 started to see a pretty dramatic shift in the way in which players were assessed by their in-game value. By 2017 it's basically tripled to quadrupled compared to FM 2015 and previous. Players that used to be valued at 3.5 M € are now safely in double digit values, fairly average Bundesliga players too are valued by the game multiple times what the fairly optimistic estimations of sides such as Transfermarkt.co.uk list. This used to be the completely other way around before, you could take the values listed there and as far FM is concerned cut them at least in half from the off. As far back as FM 2010ish, Bundesliga standouts players such as Dzeko were listed as less than 10M € in the game. That is and used to be what you could have realistically demanded if there was no demand for the players as such, but you wanted to get rid of him. As markets dictate the price, in-game he still moved to England or Italy for 25-30 M quickly, the same amounts he eventually went in real football. With values such as that, coupled with the ever-rising TV money, money never is a problem anymore in the game. Naturally the game has never replicated the strict regulations in detail that are in place in some countries, whilst others are/were allowed to pile up debts endlessly, in other words; in some countries clubs were forced to be run like business or face the consequences (up to getting relegated to the lower echolons of the league tier), in others such regulations were far less strict or unheard of. Rather than being forced to tighten your belts, if you ever were relegated from the Bundesliga in the game, by selling a couple of key players, you could amass a transfer kitty of 20 M for the next season, which is crazy. That was on FM 2016. How does this affect FM 2017? What are the thoughts behind this drastic remodeling of the player values ever since FM 2015? Don't they lead to further ballooning of money and prices in the game? Take a look at this and compare this to the squad screen of Hamburger SV in 2017, for instance (values displayed in Euro), the difference is drastic. http://i.imgur.com/UDELbB7.jpg

The German community does a thread collecting financial data, keeping a closer eye on the in-game reports by the end of each season announcing the profits made by clubs. It all  appears to balance out in the long-run, as player wages balloon eventually compared to the first seasons. But that even mid-table clubs would have announce profits after tax in the double digit figures right as the start is not at all replicating football finances. And that's not only Germany, Manchester City as far back as FM 2015 being able to announce profits before tax in three digit millions without selling anyone first season, even if they don't even make it past the CL group stages? https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/premier-league-finances-club-by-club-breakdown-david-conn What about La Liga clubs, who only fairly recently have gone from being long-time loss-makers to reaching profits if public figures are anything to go by. There's been consistenly too much money in the game, in particular the higher echolon for seasonsIs this is a particularly German thing, apparently some research is more keen on getting the numbers right, whilst other less so (that was the impression some German researchers voiced, actually, who look at all numbers made publicly available by the club, including the actual money made by merchandising, everything, but still can't tell to this day why Bundesliga clubs right from the start announce multiple times the profit they make in real life). Or is it a limit of how the game can so far realistically model the ever changing football world in terms of finances. All of this affects the budgets, and that is all the management in the game.  Taking a positive from this, budgets should never stand hugely in the way of improving AI squad development, as money is never much of a problem in the game, at least not in the way it currently still is for a lot of clubs. Whether that predicts future football, time will naturally tell. The money being flushed into the "beautiful game" doesn't seem to stop, quite the contrary. Although most of that goes straight into the players' pockets, naturally, which is into booze, birds and fast cars. The rest, they just bung. ;-)

Edited by Svenc

34 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

This been up multiple times, theres not too many injuries , theres only too less injuries compared to real world. SI tweaked it to be around 75% of real life. 

In 2 weeks five of my players were injuerd at traning

And the intensity level of my traning is avrage,very annoyning 

Edited by GOODNAME

29 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

In 2 weeks five of my players were injuerd at traning

And the intensity level of my traning is avrage,very annoyning 

Thats not a lot? 

As I mentioned in my previous post I'm now in Feb 2017 with West Ham. I had a flurry of injuries at the start of the season - mainly in the DM role. I'm never sure whether this focus on a single position is because of a problem in the injury generating algorithm or because a particular position is susceptible because of the number of tackles they get involved in (which might make sense for a DM and also for the most effective attacker on the pitch as being on the receiving end).

Once that set of injuries cleared, everything has been fairly kind injury-wise. Currently I have one injury in the whole squad (hip injury to goalkeeper; 2 months) and I haven't had more than a few short term injuries since about November.

One thing I do find that seems a bit 'off' is that I haven't received a single red card so far this season which seems a little unrealistic - I'd expect a couple even if just through bad refereeing decisions. I've seen a couple of opposition red cards, so it does happen, but not been on the receiving end yet (I'll probably end up with 9 men in the next match now I've mentioned it!).

Edited by rp1966

Well it seems that SI have stopped reading this at the moment. Maybe they deserve a wekend off! :)

You send a player out on loan and you get this: "the players timing of the challenge was evident  on occasion during this match" ----tell me how is that helpful?

Edited by Kazza

Does the full version of FM17 still include FMT17?  The reason I ask is Steam shows Touch was available as a pre-puchase special, and I see Touch is available as stand alone.  Just want to make sure the $49.99 includes all options, otherwise I'll just buy FMT for $29.99.

Also, upon release, would the editor work for FMT, or is that full fat only?

This game is frankly terrible. A few issues I have noticed...

insane match engine - my forward backpassed it from the oppositions half to my goal keeper, resulting in a goal for the opposition

Five injuries all from pre-season training

No fans in stadium

Clubs name spelt incorrectly constantly on social media feeds

Every player wants insane wages

The social media feed just has one fan praising and one criticising potential tranfer. e.g. 1. player Z would be a great transfer. 2. Don't sign player Z he's not good enough.

Zaza has just scored a hatrick in 37 mins against me. What am I watching? What am I playing? And Vardy just scored 5 against arsenal lol

3 minutes ago, bigbear said:

This game is frankly terrible. A few issues I have noticed...

insane match engine - my forward backpassed it from the oppositions half to my goal keeper, resulting in a goal for the opposition

Five injuries all from pre-season training

No fans in stadium

Clubs name spelt incorrectly constantly on social media feeds

Every player wants insane wages

The social media feed just has one fan praising and one criticising potential tranfer. e.g. 1. player Z would be a great transfer. 2. Don't sign player Z he's not good enough.

Zaza has just scored a hatrick in 37 mins against me. What am I watching? What am I playing? And Vardy just scored 5 against arsenal lol

Did you not say after a similar rant last year that you were never buying the game again? I'm beginning to think this maybe isn't the game for you, 

4 minutes ago, Phil930 said:

Does the full version of FM17 still include FMT17?  The reason I ask is Steam shows Touch was available as a pre-puchase special, and I see Touch is available as stand alone.  Just want to make sure the $49.99 includes all options, otherwise I'll just buy FMT for $29.99.

Also, upon release, would the editor work for FMT, or is that full fat only?

Yes. If you buy full version FMT is a part of that - though it will show up as a separate game in your Steam library.

I think editor is only for full version, but someone else should clarify that for you.

Just now, pedrosantos said:

Is the demo going to be released before the 4th November ?

Doubt it, the demo is normally released after the main game.  Usually within a couple of days.

1 minute ago, Cougar2010 said:

Doubt it, the demo is normally released after the main game.  Usually within a couple of days.

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

These 'he certainly didn't mean that' shots are getting on my nerves. 2-3 of them every game. It's maybe a level thing, I'm in the Vanarama North

I'm getting similar numbers in international football with England. I don't think it's a level thing.

12 hours ago, Kazza said:

What I do not understand is that I get the pre-match analysis saying my opposition is most vunerable to facing  (4-1-2-3 DM Wide) then my pre-match tactical advice tells me to play 4-4-2? Is that based on my players best positions and roles or is there a contradiction in these two sets of analysis/advice?

They might be most vulnerable playing against a 4-1-2-3 DM Wide but that doesn't mean that's a formation that suits your players, so that's why it's not been recommended.

Re free kicks - it's not that they're never scored, they just horribly lack variety. Anything from around the edge of the area is either row z or in the net. No saves or shots against the wall - it's like the ball physics only allow those from shots that are taken from a bit further out.

35 minutes ago, Äktsjon Männ said:

Re free kicks - it's not that they're never scored, they just horribly lack variety. Anything from around the edge of the area is either row z or in the net. No saves or shots against the wall - it's like the ball physics only allow those from shots that are taken from a bit further out.

Hi, mate.

Hmmm, i beg to differ.

In my save game, free kicks have been great. I have varieties; some goes straight in, some deflected n goes in, others deflected out of play or to my players/opposition. Overall, it looks realistic, thus far.

Game takes a really, really long time to load. Seemingly got longer after last small update. Maybe a coincidence. 20 mins at least.

Not sure if fixable, ie a bug, or my computer is just too old now. Using a MacBook Pro using Sierra from mid 2012. 2.5 Ghz processor, 16 gb memory.

24 minutes ago, ak71 said:

Hi, mate.

Hmmm, i beg to differ.

In my save game, free kicks have been great. I have varieties; some goes straight in, some deflected n goes in, others deflected out of play or to my players/opposition. Overall, it looks realistic, thus far.

From about 20-22 yards and closer? I don't think I've seen a single save from that distance and I've played over a season. Granted it's in lower league but then it shouldn't matter - if they can score them (they do) then they should also have shots saved. From a bit further out they do hit the wall occasionally and sometimes it's hit straight at the keeper so he catches it. Still rarely a save.

When you have a game in hand and can go top at 2 matches of the end : don't think you'll win this match : AI has decided you'll lose despite odds being with you ! Is this serious FM ? You'll tell it has happened IRL but in Football Manager it's too obvious : you'll lose ! AI is the boss at being a coward ! Could pick up players whoever I wanted or "changed" my tactics : the same result : A LOSS ! God I love that game ! 

Edited by Hingis

One problem I am having is keeping hold of my staff. Started a new game with Crewe Alexandra, and within a week, 5 of my staff have signed elsewhere. All private chats failed and they all said they dont appreciate me having a say in their business. Really frustrating as I have to sign staff to replace them. I understand a couple leaving, but 5 within a week (11 days to be exact) is quite unrealistic. 

17 hours ago, grahamf said:

Maybe this might just be me being colour blind but on the post match analysis screen the section for medium distance passes is a circle of solid colour rather than a circle with a number in it.

This issue has been raised in User interface bugs and SI aware of it.

i hope the corner thing will be fixed .. 80% of my games i have 10+ corners .  Other matches like cpu v cpu .. is the same. Right now im in a game vs Cologne , its 70th minute away from home and i have already 12 corners again. cologne has 7 . far from real life amounts imo. 

One example of what i mean . I dunno i could show hundreds of examples. Its pretty obvious imo ... 

This was a ai game

1.png

I will check more before i upload  or report something. Maybe i'm wrong and these are  exceptions !?

I'm another player who's been seeing a lot of "I don't think he meant that" crosses that almost went in the net. I'm in mid-September in the first season (managing Millwall) and I've seen seven crosses (some for me, some against me) that were pushed behind by the keeper, and one that actually went in.

I think I've stumbled upon a potentially bigger issue, though. There have been a couple of occasions in which a replay is NOT shown after a goal, but instead, it goes straight to the next highlight from the restart. On both occasions, the highlight in question results in another goal.

12 hours ago, Kazza said:

Well it seems that SI have stopped reading this at the moment. Maybe they deserve a wekend off! :)

We never stop reading sir! ;) 

5 hours ago, dSquib said:

Game takes a really, really long time to load. Seemingly got longer after last small update. Maybe a coincidence. 20 mins at least.

Not sure if fixable, ie a bug, or my computer is just too old now. Using a MacBook Pro using Sierra from mid 2012. 2.5 Ghz processor, 16 gb memory.

Is this on the 'loading' screen just after the splash screens? Are you trying to run a large number of custom graphics etc? That can sometimes slow down the game startup. May be worth deleting your cache and see if that makes a difference. Details for a Mac here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2017/84_how-to/90_mac/how-to-delete-my-cache-folder-mac-r201/

18 minutes ago, CFuller said:

I'm another player who's been seeing a lot of "I don't think he meant that" crosses that almost went in the net. I'm in mid-September in the first season (managing Millwall) and I've seen seven crosses (some for me, some against me) that were pushed behind by the keeper, and one that actually went in.

I think I've stumbled upon a potentially bigger issue, though. There have been a couple of occasions in which a replay is NOT shown after a goal, but instead, it goes straight to the next highlight from the restart. On both occasions, the highlight in question results in another goal.

Any chance you could raise this here so our match engine team can investigate? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/515-match-engine-issues/

Thanks. 

15 hours ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Can someone clarify if SI have said they're looking at fixing the regen faces?  Some of them just look like they should be behind bars

Might be worth raising in the ME forums (as the code is shared with the ME) just to make sure - https://community.sigames.com/forum/515-match-engine-issues/

Thanks. 

Will FMT be compatible across devices thru cloud saves again? I loved setting up a game on laptop (squads, tactics, transfers) and then just playing the game out on my iPad. 

9 minutes ago, turgi said:

Is that a bug?

Aren't takeover talks over?

Screenshot_14.png

Screenshot_15.png

I'll try this again.... If people think they have found a bug , or even suspect they have.. please post it in the bug reporting forums... and not just here and ask 'is this a bug?'