Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jc1 said:

njuries again, 1 friendly and a player out with abdominal strain for 4 weeks, this is a player who in real life never ever gets injured.

Does he have a name and could you add a screenshot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

Which is unrealistic.  He's nowhere near the first team in real life and is quite happy in the u19s.

How do you know he is happy in the U19s? Have you spoken to him?

Besides which it isn't RL as soon as you press continue, things happen & situations change.

You could mention it in the data issues forum if its happening in a lot of saves and maybe the researcher could look at it but tbh its probably down to hidden attributes like ambition & loyalty.  I don't know if they have been fixed but its possible they are random and in your save he has high ambition/low loyalty which makes the issue worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's agreed to sign a contract on his 17th birthday, so he can't be too unhappy. My mistake though, he's been promoted to u23s.

Fair point re random stats, I will raise in data section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Does he have a name and could you add a screenshot?

Never saved it, I generally play around with the game getting used to any new features etc, I don't start saving till official release.

 

It was Lewis Stevenson of Hibernian

Edited by jc1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only really annoying thing i've seen so far is the completely ridiculous and infuriating issue where players feel that "the club doesn't match my ambition" or "the players at club are not good enough to match my ambition for the future", so they run their contract down then leave, only to sign for team sin the same division, or worse, the division below. One of my star players just moved from my team who finished 14th out of 18 teams in the German second division after being a shoe-in to get relegated, to the team who actually did get relegated from my division.

 

His reason? Apparently they have a better squad to match his ambitions. To make it worse, the whole season his happiness remarks always said that he "wants to commit his future to the club", yet he would block every contract renewal attempt for the aforementioned reasons. This is happening to several of my players now, and it's really starting to kill the fun. 

 

Another smaller issue would be seeing my news items to find that i'd apparently had a bust-up with a player who now wants to leave, or is unhappy all of a sudden. I would really not like to be constantly hearing of this from the news items before i have a chance to do anything about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed a couple of players stating that either the defence or attack is lacking in depth, I have 4 decent strikers and cover for all positions in the defence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is going to put a crimp on my usual strategerie of bringing in lots of trialists.

I've brought in 5 trialists (all of them unattached 17-year-olds; hey, I have an empty U19 team at them moment) so far in preseason. Each one, the media asks if it's possible they could end up as a first-team member. And five times now I've had to say "We don't know. That's why we've brought them in on trial."

Which is bad for me, because in previous editions of FM I've had as many as a dozen players on trial with us at the same time. I've going to get seriously annoyed with the media. :D

On a related note, I tend to start saves as American/unemployed/no badges/Sunday League. A couple of times, the media has asked me to comment on MLS coaches who are on the hot seat. Pretty sure IRL literally nobody would seek out my opinion in this scenario.

 

 

Edited by Jason the Yank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The spanish language is not full translated,it's because is a beta or will be like this forever?¿

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Transfer market seems to have improve as well. Middle east clubs are now willing to loan some high wages unwanted South Americans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having an issue with promises. I signed Yaya Toure on a free in my second season with Villa on the condition I improve the coaching team, pay for his coaching badge, make him captain and assign him as our penalty taker. I've done all of those things but when I look at his information screen he's saying 'feels time is running out for club to find coaching course' and a similar message about the penalties.

 

Will the coaching promise be satisfied once he's completed the course? Also, my team rarely get penalties but we've had a couple and he's scored them. Is there a certain number we need to get to before he stops banging on about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jason the Yank said:

Well this is going to put a crimp on my usual strategerie of bringing in lots of trialists.

I've brought in 5 trialists (all of them unattached 17-year-olds; hey, I have an empty U19 team at them moment) so far in preseason. Each one, the media asks if it's possible they could end up as a first-team member. And five times now I've had to say "We don't know. That's why we've brought them in on trial."

Which is bad for me, because in previous editions of FM I've had as many as a dozen players on trial with us at the same time. I've going to get seriously annoyed with the media. :D

On a related note, I tend to start saves as American/unemployed/no badges/Sunday League. A couple of times, the media has asked me to comment on MLS coaches who are on the hot seat. Pretty sure IRL literally nobody would seek out my opinion in this scenario.

 

 

Yeah it's a known issue. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody else feel like it's too long-winded to get a player scouted until 'full knowledge'?  Right now I want full knowledge of every player who looks interesting (I'm not just blanket scouting hundreds) and it would be nice if there was a single click on the first drop down to have my team (pool) do it for me.  Incidentally, I have never once asked for videos to be included in these reports and I don't think I ever will - nice to have the option I suppose but must I uncheck the box and confirm every time?

 

The new way scouting reports are delivered to the inbox is fantastic :brock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Flashman said:

Anybody else feel like it's too long-winded to get a player scouted until 'full knowledge'?  Right now I want full knowledge of every player who looks interesting (I'm not just blanket scouting hundreds) and it would be nice if there was a single click on the first drop down to have my team (pool) do it for me.  Incidentally, I have never once asked for videos to be included in these reports and I don't think I ever will - nice to have the option I suppose but must I uncheck the box and confirm every time?

 

The new way scouting reports are delivered to the inbox is fantastic :brock:

My scouts are useless. I set an assignment for them to find me a replacement for Mile Jedinak and they haven't found any players across multiple regions. Hoping it's just a bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SGAV said:

My scouts are useless. I set an assignment for them to find me a replacement for Mile Jedinak and they haven't found any players across multiple regions. Hoping it's just a bug.

Can you please raise this here so our team can investigate? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/517-transfers-contracts-and-scouting-issues/

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think players get too muddy.

Fair enough at lowest active levels, but when was the last time you saw an EPL player covered in brown sludge? 

When was the last time you saw players covered in brown sludge on a pristine green pitch with no brown patch or slidemarks on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

I still think players get too muddy.

Fair enough at lowest active levels, but when was the last time you saw an EPL player covered in brown sludge? 

When was the last time you saw players covered in brown sludge on a pristine green pitch with no brown patch or slidemarks on it?

Worth posting any examples, along with the PKM, in here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/515-match-engine-issues/

Cheers,
Seb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anywhere I can use my own pic like before or an I stuck with the zombie lookalike manager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Altair said:

The spanish language is not full translated,it's because is a beta or will be like this forever?¿

It's because it's a beta, translations are continuing and should be complete for release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seem to be unusually few complains about the match engine so far. Cause for optimism?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Philip Rolfe said:

It's because it's a beta, translations are continuing and should be complete for release.

Good to know. Thanks for the answer.

I have to say that i'm impressed with the processing speed. Sometimes i have no time to clic with the mouse lol. I guess the 64bit version + 16GB RAM  + SSD do a lot but anyway the fastest FM ever for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one finding the number of shots hitting the target ridiculously low? It seems to hover around 20% for me, and that's making the effort to work the ball into the box and reduce long shots. The fact that the woodwork thing still exists doesn't help, since in my last match I managed to hit the woodwork 6 times. I'm finding the number of goals scored not too bad, but I'd prefer that goalkeepers might make the odd save rather than everything other than goals being off target.

Edited by Fabregas_04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if a bug so I'll stick it in here. On previous FM's I've been able to load 50k players without any problems, on a 5 star game speed. This year, despite having 16GB RAM and an I7 6th gen processor, my game speed is fairly low (2 stars for about 40k players). Is this correct or is the game just reading it wrong? Dxdiag attached.

DxDiag.txt

20161027151600_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, footy1 said:

Not sure if a bug so I'll stick it in here. On previous FM's I've been able to load 50k players without any problems, on a 5 star game speed. This year, despite having 16GB RAM and an I7 6th gen processor, my game speed is fairly low (2 stars for about 40k players). Is this correct or is the game just reading it wrong? Dxdiag attached.

DxDiag.txt

20161027151600_1.jpg

In previous versions the star ratings weren't that accurate and generally would view most machines as a bit overpowered. It's been tweaked now to be a bit more realistic - FM is a demanding game, so it won't process at split-second speeds. Best test is to just try it as it's difficult to know what you envisage '5 star' speed to be. It could well be the game runs absolutely fine from your perspective even when it's recommending 2 stars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that setting up the exact same game world can lead to different star ratings at different times. I'm guessing it's related to whatever else you have running at the same time as FM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/10/2016 at 20:43, cruyff14 said:

Sorry to bump this but I've carried out a few tests and applied for some jobs when I'm unemployed and not managing England any more and been offered the jobs I was previously rejected for when managing the England team.

Could this be a bug not being able to get club jobs whilst managing national teams even when offereing to step down as coach??

Has anbody else had a similar problem?

 

Sorry to ask again but I am finding this to be a tad annoying and wondering if it's a bug or something as the previous versions have never had this issue so can any of the SI team answer or investigate perhaps

Just wanna bump this again and see if i can get an official comment on this as it's bugging me now as I've applied for well over 20 jobs now and I don't really wanna quit managing England until after the 2018 World Cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else noticing lots of your goals come off the keeper? I would guess that 50% of goals I've scored the keeper has gotten a piece of the ball before going in. Is this just coincidence or is anyone else noticing this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not an 'issue', but any chance of being able to assign Squad Numbers in Fantasy Draft Mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that you should completely remove the ratings if you can't fix them after all these years.

Offensive contribution gives huge rating boost while defensive contribution does nothing.

Goalkeepers get +7 ratings in games you win by more than 3 goals and where they didn't have to do anything.
And in games where they save +10 shots on target and it ends 0-0, they rarely get over 7. Penalty saves aren't worth anything, either.

How can defenders all have 6.8 or more in a game where you concede 3 goals from 10 shots?

DM role for DM gets way worse ratings than BWM just because it's based on positional play and not running around like a headless chicken getting interceptions added to your stats.

Fullbacks being best rated players on the team since forever.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Fullbacks being best rated players on the team since forever.
 

Apart from Left wingers..... 

And Goal-scoring GK's.....

Oh, and strikers who score 50+ goals a season. Them too. 

And AP(a)'s always get great ratings for me. 

So yeah. Full-backs are the best rated players for me if you don't count any of the above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just like to say......

THANK YOU

....... to whoever came up with the Social Feed idea. I think it's quite hard to come up with completely new ideas that take us by surprise, but this is a really impressive piece of work that opens up all sorts of possibilities. I hope whoever came up with the initial idea is remembered when it comes to bonus time. 

I can't remember the last time something so innovative introduced. PPM's perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Apart from Left wingers..... 

And Goal-scoring GK's.....

Oh, and strikers who score 50+ goals a season. Them too. 

And AP(a)'s always get great ratings for me. 

So yeah. Full-backs are the best rated players for me if you don't count any of the above. 

Only roles which could compare to fullbacks over the past five games for me are strikers who score +40 goals and world class b2b midfielders on FM15.

Having two fullbacks with avg ratings over 7.5 through the season is ridiculous. Especially when they're not even remotely close to being the best players on your team.
You can literally exploit the game with fullbacks. Just keep reselling them for huge profit every season. Any decent fullback will do.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the quality of the advice in the new Pre Match Tactical Advice report dependent upon the attributes of the coach you assign to it (possibly tactical knowledge, judging player ability) or is it like the new Sports Scientist/Data Analyst roles where attributes have no impact?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I try to save an attacking corner set-piece, it looks like it has been saved, but I don't think it has. 

When I try to load a set-piece there seems to be nothing there and indeed the set-piece folder seems empty. 

Is this just happening to me and it's something I should report as a bug, or is it commonplace and has already been reported and I don't have to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I've read that it has to do with saving and loading being tied to the Steam Workshop, which hasn't been activated yet for FM17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I would just like to say......

THANK YOU

....... to whoever came up with the Social Feed idea. I think it's quite hard to come up with completely new ideas that take us by surprise, but this is a really impressive piece of work that opens up all sorts of possibilities. I hope whoever came up with the initial idea is remembered when it comes to bonus time. 

I can't remember the last time something so innovative introduced. PPM's perhaps?

Can I ask you, sincerely, what it is that you get from the social feed?

Personally, I've disabled it after the initial stages. I only get to see my inbox and I couldn't be happier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I would just like to say......

THANK YOU

....... to whoever came up with the Social Feed idea. I think it's quite hard to come up with completely new ideas that take us by surprise, but this is a really impressive piece of work that opens up all sorts of possibilities. I hope whoever came up with the initial idea is remembered when it comes to bonus time. 

I can't remember the last time something so innovative introduced. PPM's perhaps?

Thanks very much @Jimbokav1971.

This is a new feature, and we are always looking for positive and negatives about new developments to the game like this.

So, thanks to everyone who has given their opinion, or logged bugs on it so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eriktous said:

I think I've read that it has to do with saving and loading being tied to the Steam Workshop, which hasn't been activated yet for FM17.

This. If you have an issue after full release please flag it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I transfer listed my goal keeper and didn't set any price for him only added a 15% sell on fee and im getting no bids? Also i had "that chat" to said goal keeper that he is no longer wanted at the club and he accepted so him not wanting to stay is not a reason teams are not coming in for him, is this a bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.  Since I posted to whine about injuries, 8 pages have come and gone!  :eek:  I appreciate the non-snarky feedback some of you gave me.  I accept that there has been no changes to the injury occurrences within the ME.  So, Iaccept that dispite even more big injuries since then, I'll chock it up to bad luck.  

Feedback.   I really like this ME overall (other than the injuries).  There seems to be alot less "fat GK" moments (former Llamas will know what I mean).    The players seems to have higher IQs now.  THAT is a positive development. :applause:

Looking forward to the official release.  I would love to see a list of the final "fixes" post-BETA release.  Will that be happening?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my own experiences injuries are more common than last year, but they occur more often outside of matches. This doesn't bother me, in my perspective i had an unrealistically low amount of injuries in FM16 and this year seems a bit more authentic and challenging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm liking the variety of goals I'm seeing. Seems to be very well balanced. I was also very pleased when I had a forward get to the touch line just outside the goal mouth and actually PULLED IT BACK for a teammate to tap in. Used to be almost 100% of the time they'd fire away, ignoring wide open teammates.

The only gripe is I'm still seeing countless times where a player makes a great run only to have a dreadful shot. I don't think in the past two years I've ever seen someone actually score after one of these runs. Not sure if anyone else feels the same. I get that it's very rare for a great solo goal IRL too, but I can almost ignore these runs as they never produce a goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ignats75 said:

 I would love to see a list of the final "fixes" post-BETA release.  Will that be happening?  

I've always wondered why people feel the need to see this. If an issue's been fixed that never affected you anyway, you'll never notice, and if it's something you have been affected with, you'll realise when you play the game that it's fixed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Bradley21 said:

The only really annoying thing i've seen so far is the completely ridiculous and infuriating issue where players feel that "the club doesn't match my ambition" or "the players at club are not good enough to match my ambition for the future", so they run their contract down then leave, only to sign for team sin the same division, or worse, the division below. One of my star players just moved from my team who finished 14th out of 18 teams in the German second division after being a shoe-in to get relegated, to the team who actually did get relegated from my division.

 

His reason? Apparently they have a better squad to match his ambitions. To make it worse, the whole season his happiness remarks always said that he "wants to commit his future to the club", yet he would block every contract renewal attempt for the aforementioned reasons. This is happening to several of my players now, and it's really starting to kill the fun. 

 

Another smaller issue would be seeing my news items to find that i'd apparently had a bust-up with a player who now wants to leave, or is unhappy all of a sudden. I would really not like to be constantly hearing of this from the news items before i have a chance to do anything about it.

Would be interested in taking a look at your save game from a point before he left your club. If you a save could you start a thread on the issue over on the transfer and contracts forum? 

https://community.sigames.com/forum/517-transfers-contracts-and-scouting-issues/

Cheers,

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well. in my case for a couple of reasons.

1)  There are alot of things that I might not like, but didn't consider big enough an issue to raise.  To see that fixed would be a good thing.   It would also demonstrate to those who constantly whine about SI not doing enough to fix the game, how wrong they are.

2)  I'm not a professional gamer.  I really only play two computer games.  So I don't approach games as a competition between me and the game, if that makes any sense.  I can sometimes learn something new about the capabilities about the game by reading the fixes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ignats75 said:

1)  There are alot of things that I might not like, but didn't consider big enough an issue to raise.  To see that fixed would be a good thing.  

But surely you'd 'see it fixed' the next time you play the game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not necessarily.  Dave.  If its a smaller issue, not seeing it again doesn't mean it was fixed.  Seeing it on a list would increase confidence in the game.  Don't get me wrong.  I've been buying this game since CM01/02.  I'm not one of these guys who wants to throw the baby out with the bath water.   

Here's another thing.  I live in the USA, as you can see if you look at my profile.  I am an officer in the local American Outlaws Chapter.  I Am constantly proselytizing about how much better this game is than FIFA to my Outlaw brothers.  Telling them to grow up and play an adult simulation, not an arcade game.  One of the things I've told them about in the past is how much work goes into the game every year.  This would be more evidence.

Why are you trying to argue with me, any way?  What's this to you.  Who cares if YOU  are bothered by my request.  I wasn't directing it to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ignats75 said:

Why are you trying to argue with me, any way?  What's this to you.  Who cares if YOU  are bothered by my request.  I wasn't directing it to you. 

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, I'm merely asking a question, I just don't see why you'd need to see a list of fixes for a game you play all the time anyway. Each to their own though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...