Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

It changes depending on the amount of overhaul in your squad and whether or not you choose to look at a different tactic. I believe some tactics (say a basic 4-4-2) will have a higher familiarity starting point at the beginning of the game than say a 3-4-1-2 asymmetrical with unusual team instructions. 

In all the games I've played the difference is negligible. It always starts as awkward. For example playing short passing with Liverpool = awkward. Playing mixed = awkward. Playing direct = awkward.

However, go from short to direct in season 2 (or at any time after the tactic becomes familiar), the team will still be accomplished or fluid with the passing type.

The season 1 awkwardness is completely unrealistic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone tell me what information I am supposed to get out of the "Passing Network" in the Post-Match Analysis. It just looks chaotic to me and very difficult to see any differences from one match to the next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, torehj said:

Could someone tell me what information I am supposed to get out of the "Passing Network" in the Post-Match Analysis. It just looks chaotic to me and very difficult to see any differences from one match to the next.

I'm the same , it's just a blur of lines.

It's useless as a tool on an individual player level but I guess it kinda shows where the ball is mostly being passed about. No clue how it's meant to be used/interpreted , though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2016 at 02:43, Earnie is God! said:

In FM16, they apparently act more as IFs. They don't cut inside to play MC, they go further up the pitch and then cut inside to more of an AM position.

In FM17, they won't work either.
Herne: " It's not currently possible in FM17.  The Inverted Wingback role won't achieve similar positioning to what you may see at Man City. "

OK thanks for your answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I dont'see any section in which my observers put the match video of the interesting player.... is this a new feature of fm 17?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SuperSubFM said:

I love how this version of the game is full of explanations of Why things are suggested, instead of just - you should do this - has to be the most enriching thing for this version of the game

 

Same here.

However I wonder why the same thing wasn't done for the touchline talks... I'd like to have my assistant telling me when he feels a player is under performing, and which shout is more appropriate, since their descriptions are as vague as it goes to be honest... I wish they would specify the effect they have... or at the very least give more hints on which attributes/hidden attributes/tactical instructions are affected, and if they actually override/sum up with the normal tactical instructions or not.

Press conference and team/touchline talks are something I feel needs an overhaul as well rather than just adding some more questions/answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mirconek76 said:

Hi, I dont'see any section in which my observers put the match video of the interesting player.... is this a new feature of fm 17?

RTKJ4E6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoying the beta so far and will provide full feedback shortly, but in the meantime - I'm just watching Birmingham v Villa and I've noticed the attendance for away fans (good addition) only says 1,500 out of 30,000 capacity. Maybe this is me being a bit too nit picky but couldn't the away attendances be set a bit higher for derby games? Villa would have probably got around 3,000 for this game.

Match engine is really good - the stadiums look great and the matchday experience is far more polished. Good work SI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most stable beta EVER!! Well done SI on a terrific effort. Loving the game so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Most stable beta EVER!! Well done SI on a terrific effort. Loving the game so far.

make that 2 :applause::applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really liking what I've seen of the game so far, and I'll admit that I'm starting to warm to the social feed. I thought it'd come across as a bit tacky, but to be fair, I'm loving some of the fans' comments - particularly about the squad number announcements!

But this is why I'm here, though. I've just lost my second league game as Millwall manager 7-1 to Franchise FC. Kieran Agard scored FOUR goals. (Please don't ask. :() Here's what happened next...

refund_zpswvxzjh8p.jpg

I don't believe I have seen that before. Nice touch. :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

loving the beta so far, just a suggestion, maybe add responses to the social feed if a club signs one of their icons/legends as a player/backroom staff? Just think it'd be a cool thing to see :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now, 20 minutes into my very next game, I'm 4-0 up at Peterborough! :lol:

I really love this game sometimes! :D

EDIT: We won 7-1 in the end! Lee Gregory scored FOUR goals! (Please don't ask! :lol:)

Edited by CFuller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, josh381991 said:

Wonder if anyone can help,

 

i am attempting to sign this young lad in the picture however the team is adamant that the option for him not to sign until a replacement is signed is in the sale.

 

i have tried to sign him 3 times but each time they are unable to find a replacement ?

 

Is this the way its meant to work . . . if so how long would it take for them to have an open negation without a forced stipulation ?

 

Cheers

 

 

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 21.23.40.png

Anyone have any info on this for me ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, josh381991 said:

Anyone have any info on this for me ?

They are basically telling you that they aren't willing to sell unless they find a replacement first... the fact they can't find one should be seen as a 'they don't want to sell as there isnt a replacement'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Welshace said:

They are basically telling you that they aren't willing to sell unless they find a replacement first... the fact they can't find one should be seen as a 'they don't want to sell as there isnt a replacement'

Ahh I see , I wansnt sure if it was right that I was only able to delay it for 2 times. I would off thought you could delay as long as you wanted ( or with in that transfer window ) 

 

just need them them to sign a blooming replacement !!! I will get my man !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really love the comment "Doubt there was anything actually wrong with him, you know how modern footballers can be" when a player gets back to training after more than 6 months on the injured list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find on Job Security page sorting by "Job Status" mixes "available" with "under review"

So you need to sort by "current manager" to have those blank ones at top.

Sorting by Job Status should be Available > Under Review > Precarious  etc etc, not mixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had Samaras on the unwanted list, sell at any price - not sell or release. Unsuccessful

I then tried mutual release but it didn't work. So I just terminated contract.

I then got a message from DoF saying he'd decided to release Samaras. 

Bit off him trying to claim credit like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a bug report, but I'm finding it much harder to induce the AI into making offers for transfer listed players when the window is closed.
Is this a concious/deliberate change, an accidental quirk of another change, or am I just jumping to early conclusions based on my results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can have player convos with players asking them to be tutors, whilst they are out on the pitch playing

Didn't know which section of bugs that would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, torehj said:

Could someone tell me what information I am supposed to get out of the "Passing Network" in the Post-Match Analysis. It just looks chaotic to me and very difficult to see any differences from one match to the next.

it is supposed to be this:

 

slika 2.jpg

A map with positions and passing network. The tinnest line between the dots is 3 passes between two players, the thicker the line, more passes have been exchanged between two players. The position of the dots is average position on the pitch and the bigger the dot more touches player had had.

Very handy tool to understand who was involved, what were the passing patterns and where the ball and players moved. It is part of all game analysis'. However, it is really poorly implemented in the game since SI put all the passes and no differences in thicness so is jjsut a nonsense. also, the dots aren't representing the number of touches so it is really not as useful as it should be. However, I believe they will upgrade it quite soon to a normal standard.

Edited by MBarbaric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kingstontom88 said:

Enjoying the beta so far and will provide full feedback shortly, but in the meantime - I'm just watching Birmingham v Villa and I've noticed the attendance for away fans (good addition) only says 1,500 out of 30,000 capacity. Maybe this is me being a bit too nit picky but couldn't the away attendances be set a bit higher for derby games? Villa would have probably got around 3,000 for this game.

Match engine is really good - the stadiums look great and the matchday experience is far more polished. Good work SI

I think you''ll find they restrict away attendances in high profile local Derby's :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bradmcc134 said:

loving the beta so far, just a suggestion, maybe add responses to the social feed if a club signs one of their icons/legends as a player/backroom staff? Just think it'd be a cool thing to see :)

Oooh, good suggestion, I like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bradmcc134 said:

loving the beta so far, just a suggestion, maybe add responses to the social feed if a club signs one of their icons/legends as a player/backroom staff? Just think it'd be a cool thing to see :)

Best place for suggestions our feature request forum here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/353-football-manager-feature-requests/

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There shouldn't be away attendance information in games on neutral stadium such as Cup finals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've posted this as a bug, but it's possible I just don't understand how it is intended to work, so I will also post here

Hi. I'm quite big into tutoring and for that reason I give my players nicknames that include their personalities. 

I have just received the following message. 

Player%20Development%20Advice%20Summary%

It is saying that my (F.Pro) winger should be tutored by my (F.Sport) winger, and the reason is "same personality as".

Now I have 2 issues with this. 

1. They don't have the same personality at all. Gunnar Gunn is a (F.Pro) personality, (and I have double checked to make sure that his personality hasn't changed in the 3 months since I nicknamed him, and Ragnar Leósson is a (F.Sport) personality, (and again I have double checked to make sure that his personality hasn't changed either). So in actual fact, they are not the same personality at all. 

2. Even if they were the same personalty, why is that considered a good reason for one to tutor the other? There are no traits involved with either player for example. If passing on PPM's is not the driver, and the game thinks that the players both have the same personality, then what's the intended purpose of the tutoring in the 1st place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

1. They don't have the same personality at all. Gunnar Gunn is a (F.Pro) personality, (and I have double checked to make sure that his personality hasn't changed in the 3 months since I nicknamed him, and Ragnar Leósson is a (F.Sport) personality, (and again I have double checked to make sure that his personality hasn't changed either). So in actual fact, they are not the same personality at all. 

I don't know for certain but:

Its not as simple as having the exact same personality & its possible for players to fall into more than one personality tag.

Fairly professional simply indicates that the player has Professionalism between 15 & 20 + Determination 1-14.

Fairly sporting is Sportsmanship 15-20, Professionalism, Determination, Ambition & Loyalty all 1-14.

So a player can't be fairly professional & fairly sporting but I would guess that their personality traits fall within a coded range so that the game sees them as similar.

 

 

46 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

2. Even if they were the same personalty, why is that considered a good reason for one to tutor the other? There are no traits involved with either player for example. If passing on PPM's is not the driver, and the game thinks that the players both have the same personality, then what's the intended purpose of the tutoring in the 1st place?

The main point of tutoring is to improve a player's personality.

I believe though that if personalities are too far apart then there is more chance of the players falling out.  You can have players on the same personality but there could be a few points difference between them.

For instance you could have someone who is fairly professional with say 17 professionalism & 14 determination & someone else with 15 professionalism & 10 determination.  The first player would then make a good tutor for the second one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cougar2010I completely understand that there has to be some similarity between tutor and tutee, (and I often use stop-gap tutors to get the tutee to a level where they can then be tutored by the personality that I want. 

If this is a suggestion that one player is capable of being tutored successfully by the other then that's one thing, but it actually seems to be a suggestion that this is advice that should be followed, (and that's a whole different thing entirely). 

There is absolutely no way that I want to tutor a (F.Pro) player who has Det of 9 and Pro 15-20, with a (F.Sport) player who has Det of 9 and Pro of 1-14. It's just not a good idea at all. The "advice" is seemingly that you should, simply because you can. It's not good advice at all. 

I know not to do this and I'm sure you do too, but if you were even a relatively experienced FM player but just didn't know too much about tutoring and personalities, then you would be following poor advice.

This can't be as intended. :thdn:

The main point of tutoring is to improve a player's personality.

This says it all. 

The advice pic that I posted above simply does not do that. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not get an initial transfer budget for my Brentford side in the Championship before the second season.  Is this normal, or should I report it as a bug?

Edited by Viking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Invalid characters when setting player nicknames

I have used player nicknames since they were introduced and I have always used the following characters. 

( ) / . *

For some reason, the / is no longer valid, despite the fact that I can use most of the other symbols. 

I can use !"£$%^&*()_+_+[{]};:'@#~,.

What I can't use are < > ? / \ |  

Is there a reason for this or is it just an oversight?

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some more thoughts on the match engine. As per previous post, I'm very positive about it on the whole so these are just very specific issues that I think could be looked at.

Context, managing Sunderland in EPL.

1. I am seeing a lot of defender clearances hitting another player, often one of players on own side - seems like a little throw-back to FM13 IIRC

2. Too many crosses and goals from RHS of the pitch, seems unbalanced - that's observational rather than data based. Btw, its not because of Patrick Van Aanholt as I have a replacement :)

3. Too many free-kicks in dangerous areas.

4. Its too easy even with a poor team like Sunderland to keep the ball. 6 games in my passing accuracy is 83%, highest in the division. I got 52% of possession at Old Trafford (though I did lost 2-0). Home to Swansea, when I went 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 up, the AI opposition made no attempt to get the ball from me and continued to play in a deep 42(DM)1,2(W)1 formation, making it very easy for me to control & see out the game.

But, minor tweaks. At this stage, this is the best ME I've played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the fact that you're now notified about a player possibly becoming unhappy about their playing time before it actually happens. Instead of getting the dreaded player chat out of the blue and having to deal with ultimatums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jimbokav1971 The part where you are told "X would be a good tutor for Y because they have the same personality", but they don't actually have the same personality is correct to raise as a bug.  It's an issue SI are aware of, but more examples are good to supply.

However, if they did actually have the same personality that's not necessarily a bug as it's just one coach's subjective (and possibly incorrect) opinion.  Coaches are not infallible, nor do they know what it is you are trying to do with tutoring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, herne79 said:

@Jimbokav1971 The part where you are told "X would be a good tutor for Y because they have the same personality", but they don't actually have the same personality is correct to raise as a bug.  It's an issue SI are aware of, but more examples are good to supply.

However, if they did actually have the same personality that's not necessarily a bug as it's just one coach's subjective (and possibly incorrect) opinion.  Coaches are not infallible, nor do they know what it is you are trying to do with tutoring.

Thanks for that. 

Glad to hear about point 1 and of course you are correct about point 2. :thup:

[Edit]

I have already created a thread in the Bugs forum. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys how are the regen faces? I'm a long save player and the regens looking realistic is important for me, but they seem weird in the beta, like they have a huge forehead. Would like to know that before buying the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Silver Twilight Sparkle said:

Hey guys how are the regen faces? I'm a long save player and the regens looking realistic is important for me, but they seem weird in the beta, like they have a huge forehead. Would like to know that before buying the game.

I used a facepack last season for the 1st time and I just got used to it so much that I already really miss it. 

The name of it was..... Debski's world of hairstyles (I think), and again, (I think), it is created by the makers of FM Scout. Have a google and see what you can find. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the faces are an improvement on the past as they look less cartoony, but I have indeed seen some gargantuan foreheads. Worst was where face was about bottom 1/3 of head, but admittedly only once

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jimbokav1971 said:

I used a facepack last season for the 1st time and I just got used to it so much that I already really miss it. 

The name of it was..... Debski's world of hairstyles (I think), and again, (I think), it is created by the makers of FM Scout. Have a google and see what you can find. 

I use it and 2 other packs in FM15 and FM16, do they not fit for FM17 faces? The installation process should be the same if you want to try it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else seeing a problem with the number of fans visually in stadiums?

I have played 7 League Cup games in Iceland without seeing a single fan. I put it down to low attendances and in that they might all have been in the main stand where the camera was situated. 

I have just played an Icelandic Cup game where the stadium is meant to be 60% full and yet again, not a single fan to be seen, (but the stewards are still there). 

Is this issue limited to Iceland?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jimbokav1971 said:

Is anyone else seeing a problem with the number of fans visually in stadiums?

I have played 7 League Cup games in Iceland without seeing a single fan. I put it down to low attendances and in that they might all have been in the main stand where the camera was situated. 

I have just played an Icelandic Cup game where the stadium is meant to be 60% full and yet again, not a single fan to be seen, (but the stewards are still there). 

Is this issue limited to Iceland?

If it's 60% full, you should obviously be seeing people.

Check your graphic settings. Make sure the crowd/fans are set to show (tick box ticked) and also that your detail level isn't Very Low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

If it's 60% full, you should obviously be seeing people.

Check your graphic settings. Make sure the crowd/fans are set to show (tick box ticked) and also that your detail level isn't Very Low.

It was indeed very low. 

That's much better. Thanks very much. :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During the Scottish League Cup 2nd Round (should be called Knockout Round) the draw should be seeded and unseeded. All the rules for the new format of the League Cup have been available since last year so I don't know why this hasn't been added to the game. There should be 8 seeded teams (4 teams who were competing in Europe and 4 of the best group winners) and 8 unseeded teams in the Knockout round, then the Quarter-finals are drawn random and so forth. The Group stage draws should have a North section and South section. Both sections are then to be drawn with three categories "Top Seeds" - "Second Seeds" and "Unseeded"  

Can someone tell me if the SPFL has a winter break, starting 31st Dec to 28th Jan.

Fix this please before the release of the full game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stewart1111 said:

During the Scottish League Cup 2nd Round (should be called Knockout Round) the draw should be seeded and unseeded. All the rules for the new format of the League Cup have been available since last year so I don't know why this hasn't been added to the game. There should be 8 seeded teams (4 teams who were competing in Europe and 4 of the best group winners) and 8 unseeded teams in the Knockout round, then the Quarter-finals are drawn random and so forth. The Group stage draws should have a North section and South section. Both sections are then to be drawn with three categories "Top Seeds" - "Second Seeds" and "Unseeded"  

Can someone tell me if the SPFL has a winter break, starting 31st Dec to 28th Jan.

Fix this please before the release of the full game!

Hey Stewart,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Could you please report this in the relevant thread within our League Specific Issues forum, found here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/519-league-specific-issues/

The proper people can then either advise as to why this it the case or investigate the situation.

Thank you kindly,
Seb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Hey Stewart,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Could you please report this in the relevant thread within our League Specific Issues thread, found here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/519-league-specific-issues/

The proper people can then either advise as to why this it the case or investigate the situation.

Thank you kindly,
Seb.

We already reported this yesterday on the League thread but no one has replied back. Will they still be looking in to it? And are you able to tell me if the SPFL does have a winter break? I've heard many people claim there is a winter break and there isn't a winter break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally just downloaded the game and I'm not a fan of selecting a team to manage before loading/setting up the game, caught me out and I was wondering why I didn't have the option to select a team to manage after loading and assigning my badges and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stewart1111 said:

We already reported this yesterday on the League thread but no one has replied back. Will they still be looking in to it? And are you able to tell me if the SPFL does have a winter break? I've heard many people claim there is a winter break and there isn't a winter break.

Thanks for that Stewart. Fear not, they will be aware of your post and looking at your issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...