Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, ChelseaSince86 said:

yeh is there a way to check?

Can honestly without having the game pretty much 99% assure you that from a coding point and testing point its very likely its 64 bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Herbie2100 said:

Wonder how many start a game, quickly realise, they forgot to delete "thoose" files and start again :-D

 

At the risk of sounding 'durgggh' here but what files are you talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OLLMEISTER1 said:

At the risk of sounding 'durgggh' here but what files are you talking about?

This isn't the place (this forum) to discuss it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OLLMEISTER1 said:

At the risk of sounding 'durgggh' here but what files are you talking about?

Cannot be discussed here...  google is a wonderful tool though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

At the risk of sounding 'durgggh' here but what files are you talking about?

Sorry cant say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. Downloading now. Have to go foos shopping now with my GF... Gutted. I'll be back in an hour though then Salford City here I come. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaptainBanana said:

The translation in french isn't finished right? Just to be sure.

image:

  Hide contents

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone...

will cloud saves work even in the beta? ie if i save whilst playing at my house i can pick up that save elsewhere even though its still beta?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

yeh is there a way to check?

Yep, if you have a 64-bit operating system and the game launches, it's working. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sufcdan said:

anyone...

will cloud saves work even in the beta? ie if i save whilst playing at my house i can pick up that save elsewhere even though its still beta?

 

Yes, cloud saves will work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kuldaniss said:

Is there still a way to pick a club after loading the game? I want to check some squads before choosing, I don't want to choose at startup

Yeah when selecting the team, in the top left select 'pick team later'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely gutted I've pre-ordered from CDkeys and it doesn't include the beta. 2 weeks without playing what a joke :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who care, your graphics still work in FM17 as they did in FM16, you just have to enter the launch options in steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, janesy20 said:

Absolutely gutted I've pre-ordered from CDkeys and it doesn't include the beta. 2 weeks without playing what a joke :(

It does say on the page they don't offer the beta , has from day one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CaptainBanana said:

The translation in french isn't finished right? Just to be sure.

image:

  Reveal hidden contents

pghDCDc.png

 

Sounds like me speaking French :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, janesy20 said:

Absolutely gutted I've pre-ordered from CDkeys and it doesn't include the beta. 2 weeks without playing what a joke :(

Easiest thing to do would be to cancel your order and get it somewhere else which does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MartsMac1982 said:

For those who care, your graphics still work in FM17 as they did in FM16, you just have to enter the launch options in steam.

Indeed.. it's in the faq for fm16, which is still pinned on the forums here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chris21 said:

I've tried about 5 photos of myself but they don't work for the 3d face

What happens when you try and use them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

It does say on the page they don't offer the beta , has from day one

I didn't say it wasn't my fault. I just don't understand why some offer the beta and some don't. Seems daft. I received an email from Football Manager saying the beta had been released and didn't read the description just bought the game thought it was foolproof considering can pay with paypal....seems not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Easiest thing to do would be to cancel your order and get it somewhere else which does. 

There's no option to cancel it that I can see. I've tried emailing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

What happens when you try and use them? 

My guy looked like he'd lost a fight with Vladamir Klitchko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game is swallowing up all my ram (2015 mac). FM16 didn't. Other programs slow down and are less responsive, with 16 i could keep lots of programs open without anything slowing anything down. something i can tweak in the settings? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when i exit the game and restart it doesnt save all the info i gave about myself for instance my appearance

Edited by Wasma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone load custom graphics into the default skin? You could be surprised...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rasch said:

The game is swallowing up all my ram (2015 mac). FM16 didn't. Other programs slow down and are less responsive, with 16 i could keep lots of programs open without anything slowing anything down. something i can tweak in the settings? 

You can try lowering the graphics settings via the preferences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

What happens when you try and use them? 

Not to worry, sorted thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to download 2 games if I want to play the full game too? I'm a touch player.

Edited by vasilli07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vasilli07 said:

I have to download 2 games if I want to play the full game?

no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, montrosefc said:

Is SI planning to give us hard-working researchers access to the beta?

 

Are you a researcher for the game? Only says amateur and no other title in your name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installed. Now just to do facepacks and logos and will be ready to start.:hammer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, montrosefc said:

Is SI planning to give us hard-working researchers access to the beta?

 

It's something the Research Team are working on, however they've yet to receive the codes in order to do this. So please be patient for the time-being. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, luka_ said:

Installed. Now just to do facepacks and logos and will be ready to start.:hammer:

You should try background pictures too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neil Brock said:

It's something the Research Team are working on, however they've yet to receive the codes in order to do this. So please be patient for the time-being. Thanks. 

OK thanks for letting me know ;)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KUBI said:

You should try background pictures too...

why? I never do..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First issue: I like the new Squad Depth screen with player depth for each position, but 433wide isn't in the formation list, and you can't drag players in the 433narrow to recreate the formation. And there's no "current formation" option even if 433wide has been created in the 'tactics' screen. The same issue seems to apply if you want an asymmetric formation - the 4141-asym formations are included, but you can't create, say, a 442 with a wide-mid player pushed up to the AM line.

Unless I'm missing something, this seems like a major oversight! 

OK - skip this. You can select your formation setup in the tactics screen. I was confused by the fact that a 433wide is listed as 451wide. Odd, but I'm glad the feature is there.

Edited by warlock
Updated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You should try background pictures too...

Only on the default skin ? I'm not seeing anything on Dark....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, treble_yell_:-) said:

Only on the default skin ? I'm not seeing anything on Dark....

Try it with the default skin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MartsMac1982 said:

For those who care, your graphics still work in FM17 as they did in FM16, you just have to enter the launch options in steam.

It doesn't create the folders to the new location regardless of the launch options for me. I still don't get why SI removed the option from within the game... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jusander said:

It doesn't create the folders to the new location regardless of the launch options for me. I still don't get why SI removed the option from within the game... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...