Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, jockmick said:

Am I blind or is it not possible to see exactly how good a players weak foot is anymore? Now you can only know the preferred foot. There used to be a separate screen where the positions and PPMs were, and there you could see how good the player's feet were.

It's moved to development>tactics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jockmick said:

Am I blind or is it not possible to see exactly how good a players weak foot is anymore? Now you can only know the preferred foot. There used to be a separate screen where the positions and PPMs were, and there you could see how good the player's feet were.

If all else fails, you can add columns to your squad view to see both feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is difficult to make you're coach face like yours or is just me??:seagull:

Edited by Ropotas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ropotas said:

Is difficult to make you're coach face like yours or is just me??:seagull:

Mine's terrifying!! Might need to take hundreds of selfies before I'm satisfied.  :idiot:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florian Thauvin currently on loan at Marseille has in real life played the requisite number of games to make the move permanent.  In game the future transfer is finalised from the very start yet no games played. Has the fee been accounted for or is it still to be payed ? (I do not want to keep him).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed that scouting next opposition now revealed the attributes of all players in that club ( u23&u18 too). I don't recall that being the case last year. Is this working as intended?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jazzyboy said:

I noticed that scouting next opposition now revealed the attributes of all players in that club ( u23&u18 too). I don't recall that being the case last year. Is this working as intended?

Not happening for me - most of the atts are still masked. How good is your scout?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

Not happening for me - most of the atts are still masked. How good is your scout?

Tomasz guy from Arsenal. IIRC only 12 jpa/jpp. Weird, mine pretty much removes the attribute masking for the club scouted, even before we play them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jazzyboy said:

Tomasz guy from Arsenal. IIRC only 12 jpa/jpp. Weird, mine pretty much removes the attribute masking for the club scouted, even before we play them.

Arsenal? Are your opposition well-known players off the telly? I'm in Scottish League Two, we're pretty under-the-radar here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Is there a way to default from 'continue' to 'inbox'? I keep being sent to 'social feed' and sorry, but I don't find anything of the slightest use or interest in there whereas everything of interest appears in the inbox.

The game will still stop on the inbox on continues, but not on every continue, and the game is intended to make regular visits to the social feed to keep you immersed in the gameworld.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Arsenal? Are your opposition well-known players off the telly? I'm in Scottish League Two, we're pretty under-the-radar here!

I am still in pre season doing friendlies. I played Boreham Wood, Dynamo Kyiv, Fulham. Boreham is an affiliate, so I thought maybe that's why I could see atts. 

I couldn't even see Yarmolenko's atts before the opp. scouting report came in..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jazzyboy said:

I am still in pre season doing friendlies. I played Boreham Wood, Dynamo Kyiv, Fulham. Boreham is an affiliate, so I thought maybe that's why I could see atts. 

I couldn't even see Yarmolenko's atts before the opp. scouting report came in..

Do you have  a data analyst? May he scours Opta and Prozone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

Do you have  a data analyst? May he scours Opta and Prozone!

Lol doubt he's that good and do all that in 3 days span.. but yeah I have a chief DA and 1 DA. I guess I am gonna see if this is a friendlies thing only or if it continues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure if this is an issue but if you see the screenshot only some subbed players replace the players taken off ? is there a reason for this ?

 

I know the players do come on but they don't move into the XI stats screen

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 17.18.46.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, josh381991 said:

not sure if this is an issue but if you see the screenshot only some subbed players replace the players taken off ? is there a reason for this ?

 

I know the players do come on but they don't move into the XI stats screen

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 17.18.46.png

It's a known issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jazzyboy said:

I am still in pre season doing friendlies. I played Boreham Wood, Dynamo Kyiv, Fulham. Boreham is an affiliate, so I thought maybe that's why I could see atts. 

I couldn't even see Yarmolenko's atts before the opp. scouting report came in..

Arsenal and Boreham Wood are affiliates I believe, which may explain their increased knowledge of one another. If not, please do post the example along with a save in our Scouting issues area.

Cheers,
Seb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It's a known issue.

Excellent , no worries. Do they need any uploads to help ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Luke Warrington said:

 

It's likely that this has something to do with the city you've chosen for your club, the issue is under review but for a short term fix if you avoid a city with brackets in the name - such as Dallas (TX) - then you should be able to advance and pick your squad. The capital city of the nation in which you are playing will always work. 

Thats a little disappointing, but at least its being looked at. thanks for the update Luke

guess ill wait to start my full save for this year until after this is resolved as im determined to get from Vanarama South to Prem with my own club this year! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After starting a new save, can you not use the same information and 3D model of the manager you created in an old save? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First impressions are....it's not much different to FM16 at all. I suppose when a new camera angle is one of the main talked about features then I shouldn't really expect anything too groundbreaking. All in all a much more stable beta than previous releases but nothing really to write home about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone check if Scottish Lowland team "Stirling University" are in this game? And if they are is the manager Shelley Kerr? She's the only female manager to manage a senior men's team and just wondered if she was in the game? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stewart1111 said:

Could someone check if Scottish Lowland team "Stirling University" are in this game? And if they are is the manager Shelley Kerr? She's the only female manager to manage a senior men's team and just wondered if she was in the game? Thanks.

They're in the game, but they're not a playable team so they start the game with only a few real players and no staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, torehj said:

Why are all the stadiums empty?

If I had to guess, it's because your graphics detail is set to Very Low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

If I had to guess, it's because your graphics detail is set to Very Low.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2016 at 20:55, RTHerringbone said:

How should it work? ?

FIrst of all, as you can see I am not a native speaker so It may be just a language problem. I think a inverted wingback should operate as wingbacks do in Man City this year. When trying to get the ball out of defence DM goes deeper, as a third Central defender, and they(wingbacks) come inside (acting almost like MC's). I don't know whether this is the case in FM2016 (still playing FM2015) but in FM2015 they stay wide till they get the ball and then cut inside. 

I hope I made myself clear, sorry if I don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Hey Dave,

There is an expected discrepancy between the two for this injury type. I myself had shin splints and could not run, nevermind play rugby or football, for over 4 months. Specialist treatment will reduce this period significantly. In this instance the difference does look quite large, but I suspect this may be to do with the very poor quality of your physio? Testing here sees Specialist = 4-5 weeks, Physio = 2-3 months, which is more reasonable. 

If you have any further issues with this or would like us to look into it from a save could you please post in here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

Cheers,
Seb.

Thanks for this. Yeah, I'm at Vanarama North level so my physios are generally quite poor, this probably explains it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A staggering amount of shots are off target. Bayern just battered me for 90 minutes and ended up having 2 shots on target out of 26 shots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SmurfDude said:

A staggering amount of shots are off target. Bayern just battered me for 90 minutes and ended up having 2 shots on target out of 26 shots. 

Thanks for taking the time to feed this back SmurfDude. This is best posted in the ME issues forum along with a PKM illustrating the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to be wrong with this but just now the Social Feed trend of showing 3 tweets, one positive, one neutral, one negative, is boring already and far from "immersion-building"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Hoping to be wrong with this but just now the Social Feed trend of showing 3 tweets, one positive, one neutral, one negative, is boring already and far from "immersion-building"

It's a lot more varied in my save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the ME so far, especially how the players behave and respond to tackles. I've seen instances where they tried to resist falling down, tried to win the ball back after getting tackled. No more standing around, doing nothing, wondering what just happened like last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Hoping to be wrong with this but just now the Social Feed trend of showing 3 tweets, one positive, one neutral, one negative, is boring already and far from "immersion-building"

Hi Per Annum.

Thanks for your feedback on the Social Media Feed.
You should find that it is not always the case that you get one positive, one negative, and one neutral comment. 

Let us know if certain things are coming up too often, or if you are finding that the variation is not as much as you would hope for. 

This is a new Feature that we are just introducing to the game, so we are really interested in what you all have to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Hoping to be wrong with this but just now the Social Feed trend of showing 3 tweets, one positive, one neutral, one negative, is boring already and far from "immersion-building"

 

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It's a lot more varied in my save.

That's good. 

Thats what I meant by hoping to be wrong, wrong that it was always ++, +, - 

If it varies and e. G.  Spending £47 million on Heskey as Real Madrid gets you three negative tweets then that's better. I'm well aware I've only played a few hours so small sample size

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ed Hewison said:

Hi Per Annum.

Thanks for your feedback on the Social Media Feed.
You should find that it is not always the case that you get one positive, one negative, and one neutral comment. 

Let us know if certain things are coming up too often, or if you are finding that the variation is not as much as you would hope for. 

This is a new Feature that we are just introducing to the game, so we are really interested in what you all have to say.

 

2 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

 

That's good. 

Thats what I meant by hoping to be wrong, wrong that it was always ++, +, - 

If it varies and e. G.  Spending £47 million on Heskey as Real Madrid gets you three negative tweets then that's better. I'm well aware I've only played a few hours so small sample size

It is something I noticed quite early on with my contract renewals and signings in that the pattern seems quite obvious. Haven't yet to see anything really deviating from this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Thanks for this. Yeah, I'm at Vanarama North level so my physios are generally quite poor, this probably explains it. 

As a qualified Physiotherapist and someone who had shin splints for over two years there are varying degrees to which the duration of shin splints can last. A 'Speciailist' will have the time, resources, experience and equipment to sufficiently deal with shin splints more so than a Physio within a lower league club. Shin splints is a very generalized term and often can be misdiagnosed.

A specialist may have access to Resources such as MRI scans, video gait analysis, access to private Orthotists and training equipment that can limit repetitive weight bearing through the affected limbs. They will probably have spent the majority of their qualified years studying the evidence of the most efficient way of dealing with shin splints and will probably have completed a PhD on the subject. Not only that they will be referred specifically and therefore have the time to look at the root cause of shin splints to ensure that it doesn't return and/or correct the defect itself. Experience of exploring poor Hip control, over pronation, weak calves, tight calves etc is something that is time consuming and only someone who has the time to investigate will probably find the root cause more so than others.

In contrast a Physiotherapist from a lower league club may simply tell them to buy some orthotic insoles online, ice the shins post exercise, take pain relief and stretch the calves. Not because they are necessarily poorer at treating people but because there are 25 other players in the squad who all need seeing for various other things and only one pair of hands, limited resources and less equipment.

Anyway I digress from the topic! (Hope this helps!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very happy with the game so far, match engine is very good and loving some of the new features. Minor additions to the contracts and transfers is a good touch.

The only issue I currently have is with injuries. And it isn't the number of injuries as I feel this is just about perfect, it is the seriousness of injuries.

I am playing as Manchester United and have just reached the 1st January. I only have 5 injuries at the moment, however 4 of these are serious. Ibrahimovich was ruled out for 4-5 months, then Eric Bailly ruled out for 8-9 months. Nabil Fekir (new signing) then ruled out for 8-9 months and finally, Pogba ruled out for 5-6 months.

Overall, 4 of my key players have been ruled out for a good 3/4 of the season. I think this could do with tweaking before release. Or I'm just very unlucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, janesy20 said:

As a qualified Physiotherapist and someone who had shin splints for over two years there are varying degrees to which the duration of shin splints can last. A 'Speciailist' will have the time, resources, experience and equipment to sufficiently deal with shin splints more so than a Physio within a lower league club. Shin splints is a very generalized term and often can be misdiagnosed.

A specialist may have access to Resources such as MRI scans, video gait analysis, access to private Orthotists and training equipment that can limit repetitive weight bearing through the affected limbs. They will probably have spent the majority of their qualified years studying the evidence of the most efficient way of dealing with shin splints and will probably have completed a PhD on the subject. Not only that they will be referred specifically and therefore have the time to look at the root cause of shin splints to ensure that it doesn't return and/or correct the defect itself. Experience of exploring poor Hip control, over pronation, weak calves, tight calves etc is something that is time consuming and only someone who has the time to investigate will probably find the root cause more so than others.

In contrast a Physiotherapist from a lower league club may simply tell them to buy some orthotic insoles online, ice the shins post exercise, take pain relief and stretch the calves. Not because they are necessarily poorer at treating people but because there are 25 other players in the squad who all need seeing for various other things and only one pair of hands, limited resources and less equipment.

Anyway I digress from the topic! (Hope this helps!)

Thanks for taking the time to post this janesy20, an interesting read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 11Clarkie11 said:

Very happy with the game so far, match engine is very good and loving some of the new features. Minor additions to the contracts and transfers is a good touch.

The only issue I currently have is with injuries. And it isn't the number of injuries as I feel this is just about perfect, it is the seriousness of injuries.

I am playing as Manchester United and have just reached the 1st January. I only have 5 injuries at the moment, however 4 of these are serious. Ibrahimovich was ruled out for 4-5 months, then Eric Bailly ruled out for 8-9 months. Nabil Fekir (new signing) then ruled out for 8-9 months and finally, Pogba ruled out for 5-6 months.

Overall, 4 of my key players have been ruled out for a good 3/4 of the season. I think this could do with tweaking before release. Or I'm just very unlucky.

Hey 11Clarke11,

Each injury has a chance of occurring, with the majority of the more serious injuries obviously having a lower chance. However, such is the way with chance, these could all occur at once.

Thank you for taking the time to post your findings. It looks like poor fortune thus far, but if this theme continues over the course of a whole season (or close to) could you please open up a post in the Other Gameplay Issues forum and we'll take a look? Additionally keep an eye on the specific type of injury and let us know if any appear to occur too often.

I can also assure you that there is no bias towards key players other than the fact that these are the players you are most likely to give the most game-time to and as such expose to the highest chance of picking up an injury.

Cheers,
Seb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

It is something I noticed quite early on with my contract renewals and signings in that the pattern seems quite obvious. Haven't yet to see anything really deviating from this.

Not every person will happy (or as overly positive) with these in real life though, and we can't put in 10 positive and 1 negative one,  :D
You should find that a lot of the Social Media does not follow this pattern, but if you do find it is getting very repetitive and is taken you out of the immersive experience of the game, then that is something that we will bear in mind in future.

Cheers for your feedback Wavelberry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone confirm that, literally, the only change to the tactical aspects of the game ie. Team/ Player instructions,  set piece instructions / creator is the replacing of 'limited' with 'defensive' in regards full backs and central defenders to appease certain markets? Or conversely,  educate me to the list of changes to this cornerstone of the game. I haven't found anything else yet but realise there must be much more than a few tweaks and a new paint job. Lovely new paint job that it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, buddiemirren said:

Could someone confirm that, literally, the only change to the tactical aspects of the game ie. Team/ Player instructions,  set piece instructions / creator is the replacing of 'limited' with 'defensive' in regards full backs and central defenders to appease certain markets? Or conversely,  educate me to the list of changes to this cornerstone of the game. I haven't found anything else yet but realise there must be much more than a few tweaks and a new paint job. Lovely new paint job that it is.

I'm not sure what you want to change? The tactical set up worked really well in FM16, there was no real need for any revolution with it. I'm quite happy they've not messed around with this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know where in the player scouting report can I see what his tactical familiarities are? I am trying to sign players with similar tactical traits to my team, but even with100% scouted I cant find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to stop a player's key attributes for their 'best role' being auto-highlighted whenever you click on them? Really annoying.

Edited by CSF90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Altair said:

I will ask again: Real and Atlético can buy players or not?¿

They still can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seb Wassell said:

Hey 11Clarke11,

Each injury has a chance of occurring, with the majority of the more serious injuries obviously having a lower chance. However, such is the way with chance, these could all occur at once.

Thank you for taking the time to post your findings. It looks like poor fortune thus far, but if this theme continues over the course of a whole season (or close to) could you please open up a post in the Other Gameplay Issues forum and we'll take a look? Additionally keep an eye on the specific type of injury and let us know if any appear to occur too often.

I can also assure you that there is no bias towards key players other than the fact that these are the players you are most likely to give the most game-time to and as such expose to the highest chance of picking up an injury.

Cheers,
Seb.

Cheers Seb

I know 2 of the injuries were cruciate ligaments. Can't remember the other 2 but will check later and also feedback if this continues. 

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...