Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's just me...but when you take over at a 3rd-division German club one game before their mid-season break, and the team has 6 strikers...you shouldn't come back from the break with a player threatening mutiny because although you didn't start him in that ONE GAME you were in charge, you did bring him one as a sub (which apparently his former coach only bothered to do twice in 21 games, where he averaged a 6.0). Is it going to be "Morale Manager 2017"?

1 minute ago, podunkboy said:

Maybe it's just me...but when you take over at a 3rd-division German club one game before their mid-season break, and the team has 6 strikers...you shouldn't come back from the break with a player threatening mutiny because although you didn't start him in that ONE GAME you were in charge, you did bring him one as a sub (which apparently his former coach only bothered to do twice in 21 games, where he averaged a 6.0). Is it going to be "Morale Manager 2017"?

So he's had 3 sub appearances in before the winter break. Why wouldn't he ask for more football?

as a CM player since the very beginning but a lapsed FM player for about 8 years (yes i have had each edition but it has never quite gripped me like it used to...have not done more than a season for a good few years) i would like to know what the general consensus is on FM17...had a quick look through the thread but can't get a overall feeling. is it mostly positive?? really want to get into it again this year but i dunno there is something about it that doesn't draw me in like it used to. 

Just now, kamackeris said:

as a CM player since the very beginning but a lapsed FM player for about 8 years (yes i have had each edition but it has never quite gripped me like it used to...have not done more than a season for a good few years) i would like to know what the general consensus is on FM17...had a quick look through the thread but can't get a overall feeling. is it mostly positive?? really want to get into it again this year but i dunno there is something about it that doesn't draw me in like it used to. 

Why don't you just wait until the demo version is released? FM is played in that various ways, that everyone has there own preferences on what is good and what could be improved.

7 minutes ago, penza said:

I just finished 1st season with AS Roma and I came 2nd in Serie A which is normal ... 

but in I won the CL against Leicester in the final???!!! thats in FM Touch a bit unrealistic no? and the score even less realistic... 8-0!!!!

Hmm, as unrealistic as leicester winning the PL? Topped their group RL and have some kind of record holding too if iirc. Almost as crazy as Roma in a CL final no? 

2 minutes ago, moyesout said:

A thought,

During the match when you sub a player off, the replacement doesn't visually replace the sub so you dont have a view of all 11 players on the pitch and have to scroll down, minor but be nice to see all players in 1 viewshot

There used to be a setting to change that but I've not been able to find it so far. 

2 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

Hmm, as unrealistic as leicester winning the PL? Topped their group RL and have some kind of record holding too if iirc. Almost as crazy as Roma in a CL final no? 

sure I know but the score was more of a shocker ... the fact that we both got there was a miracle in itself but trashing them 8-0 was just too much!

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Why don't you just wait until the demo version is released? FM is played in that various ways, that everyone has there own preferences on what is good and what could be improved.

i think i read this forum too much, see the negative comments and think oh i will wait till bugs etc are ironed out and then never bother again lol....i should stay away from here !! suppose i just need it selling to me in glowing terms. i come to this from someone who used to be seriously addicted and a former researcher for Scarborough AFC (RIP). i have the beta right now but again i played through to the 1st game of the season as Hull but it just doesn't seem to grab me...i want it too !!! 

Just now, penza said:

sure I know but the score was more of a shocker ... the fact that we both got there was a miracle in itself but trashing them 8-0 was just too much!

But pleasing nonetheless. Even when they lose in a fictional match in a computer game I'm pleased, the jumped up little upstarts. :lol:

Just now, kamackeris said:

i think i read this forum too much, see the negative comments and think oh i will wait till bugs etc are ironed out and then never bother again lol....i should stay away from here !! suppose i just need it selling to me in glowing terms. i come to this from someone who used to be seriously addicted and a former researcher for Scarborough AFC (RIP). i have the beta right now but again i played through to the 1st game of the season as Hull but it just doesn't seem to grab me...i want it too !!! 

Why not try the classic version (Touch), that's more reminiscent of the older games. Uses all the same match engine and tactics etc, but it's streamlined to take away all the unnecessary fluff. 

What are you exactly looking to get out of the game? 

I quite like the new standard Football Manager skin with the green background.

However, I find it strange that the 'Inbox' has a white background like the lighter skin. This hurts my eyes when I flick between screens, then land on the white inbox page. Could we not put it in green also, or at the very least, black?

I've attached two simple screenshots to illustrate the differences in background colour and contrast.

Squad.jpg

Green.jpg

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, moyesout said:

fix required

When 3rd round EFL cup draw was made, the team crest + teams on right once drawn all jump to far right hand side of page. And ive no logo packs or nothing added to my game

Hey moyesout,

This is an issue known to us that is currently under review internally.

Cheers,
Seb.

15 minutes ago, KUBI said:

maybe i should. i want it as sim as possible so i have always thought the classic version was a cop out almost. i remember your name dave like ten years ago when i used to be extremely active on this forum when i had a previous username and was addicted. i see you are still here...you play the full game?? also someone else posted about average ratings seemingly being too tied to goals and assists....always a massive bugbear of mine that

1 minute ago, pedrosantos said:

Indeed :)

I don't remember an FM being so peaceful... which also means, awesome work from all the SI guys.

Have been a avid player for 15+ yrs and trust me having played the demo now about 8 hrs includ. matches there is very little wrong from what I have seen

Just now, moyesout said:

Have been a avid player for 15+ yrs and trust me having played the demo now about 8 hrs includ. matches there is very little wrong from what I have seen

same here. I was used to see some players doing odd things with the ball (crazy passing giving goals to opponents) when each FM edition was released and this year I'm finding strange there aren't such things. A kind of "where are the stupid things that players always do????"

this all sounds great...think i'm gonna force myself through and give it a proper shot ...i always find pre-season to be arduous which doesn't help me get into the game properly. also starting at Hull City i was really struggling to find any decent back-up RB, LB and CB to help with our injury crisis. 

Just now, pedrosantos said:

same here. I was used to see some players doing odd things with the ball (crazy passing giving goals to opponents) when each FM edition was released and this year I'm finding strange there aren't such things. A kind of "where are the stupid things that players always do????"

I hadnt intended too but am using the demo as my main game now

potential fix: (sorry i dont know how to add pics)

The new feature of the two little heads above Quick Pick and Show Filter on squad page that offer advice on player; I had the yellow notification i.e a msg but didnt click it immediately, I went off the page and went to go back & view but the yellow notification advice was gone so I dont know what that was from my staff.. either that is intentional & lesson learnt for me or else it needs to remain till a player views it

Getting a player in on trial doesn't instantly tell you everything about them. Much needed change from last year good stuff. 

I was a championship team with mid quality scouts and found a conference player who I'd only got a brief scout report in and scouts said 4star. Thought I'd hit the jackpot so signed him and ass man says two star. I'm aware that kind of was the case last year but to see it so quickly and comprehensively is fantastic (assuming of course prolonged scouting would have dropped the reports to two star or closer to it). 

Glad to see the above changed and hope it is accurate of game as a whole, where appropriate. Kinda makes me sound like a masochist 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, AustralianKopite said:

I had 2 updates in my steam, 1 for the beta and 1 for touch version.

1.png

I'm mistaken, there was a tiny update for some kits which needed changing. Sorry about that! 

Sorry if already mentioned ! 

Potential issue sue I think , please correct me if I am wrong thou ! 

I tried to sign odegaard for for man Utd , he is on silly wages at RM - £85k pw and when offered him a deal he was very interested in being a hot prospect but wanted £145k pw which when I offered a lower amount I soon found out this was non negotiable ! 

is this wrong ? 

I have generally noticed players asking for very high wages but I could see how this is because of the money in the premier league and because of the big name signings Man Utd have made on big wages 

Thoughts ??

Edited by josh381991

36 minutes ago, kamackeris said:

maybe i should. i want it as sim as possible so i have always thought the classic version was a cop out almost. i remember your name dave like ten years ago when i used to be extremely active on this forum when i had a previous username and was addicted. i see you are still here...you play the full game?? also someone else posted about average ratings seemingly being too tied to goals and assists....always a massive bugbear of mine that

Classic mode is definitely NOT a cop out, it's incredible how many people think this. It's not an admission of defeat that you can't handle the full game, as it's the same tactics and ME. What it does well is that is speeds through the seasons, and a lot of the superfluous stuff is taken out. The amount of people who refuse to play the version when you KNOW it would suit their needs down to the ground is incredible. 

I've always got at least one save on both versions of the game. 

12 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Can anyone who's played a few matches say if the in-match team talks (shouts) actually do anything this year, or are they still just placebos?

Still wondering about this myself.

As far as I am concerned, I see absolutely zero difference in using them. I understand that you shouldn't expect a huge difference, and I believe all the mods and devs assuring us that they "work as intended", but honestly, I can't see the point of something so "obscure" that is supposed to grant maybe a 0.1% change that you can't even spot anyways.

To give a real example, if I am seeing a player slacking off, not pressing enough, I am expecting that after yelling at him in an angry voice to put more effort into it, he should be running not even at 100% of what the tactical engine allows, but at 110%. That's the only way these shouts would have any meaning.

So far I can't say I noticed them making any difference whatsoever.

Same applies for tighten up or go forward... can't really see my players taking a narrower shape when defending, or more players making runs in the space.

I was excited about this feature when it was implemented, I thought they would be those small tweaks that would reward those watching the full match to notice players underperforming or that needed a bit of extra incentive.

However, if they do anything at all, that's not nearly enough to justify the existance of the feature and the time wasted to use it to be honest. Can't notice any difference from FM 15 and FM 16 on this regard.

35 minutes ago, Pendraz said:

Still wondering about this myself.

As far as I am concerned, I see absolutely zero difference in using them. I understand that you shouldn't expect a huge difference, and I believe all the mods and devs assuring us that they "work as intended", but honestly, I can't see the point of something so "obscure" that is supposed to grant maybe a 0.1% change that you can't even spot anyways.

I will say that my experience in FM16 is that some shouts had an appreciable impact, in particular "Concentrate" was good for keeping players from getting lazy and letting a team back in from several goals behind.

2 hours ago, KUBI said:

Injuries in FM are in general just about 75% to 80% as high as in real football. That does not mean that you can't have 12 injured players in your squad. It just means that other clubs will have just one or two. As in real football, it's all about good or bad luck. And a little in heavy training and a lot of tacklings.

What is the reason to not making it closer to 100%?

21 minutes ago, Warhawk said:

I will say that my experience in FM16 is that some shouts had an appreciable impact, in particular "Concentrate" was good for keeping players from getting lazy and letting a team back in from several goals behind.

Indeed. They were never placebos. Nor did you have to use them to succeed. It was never a binary choice as some people see it.

Kosovo National Team is manageable ,which excitied me 

however ,without unlocking the domestic league, is it unsustainable to manage  as few Kosovoan will generate as regen ?  Also ,will players allow to represent Kosovo even they have represented other countries before (just like real life case)

Just played 8 hours tonight, got to the end of October with Halifax Town, the game crashed my entire PC. Re-loaded, the crashed replicated in exactly the same point. Re-loaded, corrupt save data, lost all progress (and no the auto save took me back to pre-season). I'll upload the corrupt save to the bugs forum tomorrow.

I completely undertand it's a beta but I'm livid at the moment, having wasted my entire evening for nothing. I'm done with FM2017 until the full release.

2 hours ago, KUBI said:

When the demo?¿ I hope before release because i would like to try it before buy it

Edited by Altair