Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

13 minutes ago, Domathon said:

im looking at the premier league and clubs have there full names but when i checked out the brzilian naitonal 1st division all the clubs dont have there full names they are just the first 3 letters in capitals eg. GRE - gremio 

Licensing issue cant use the real names

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me, though i can't exactly back it up, that passing ratio is quite high for relatively low-rated teams. I had the impression in my friendlies, and now in the first round of the german cup i play against Lotte as Dortmund, and despite me playing a pressing game (high defensive line, close down more, 4 players in central position), they have a passing ratio of 81% after 40 minutes.

Oh, and over 250 passes in the first half.

Edit: Lotte plays in the third german division by the way

Edited by Nikopol

4 hours ago, Firehouse said:

d0e30b3a08fedbe858c9faca575d6d0a.png

So this was my first official game. I am playing as Milan. lol

Of course, this is only based on one match, but I think that at least 4 goals were headers coming from crosses, but on the other side, I saw my striker scoring one on one, something I haven't seen in a while. 3D is good, running smoothly so far. I'm having problems with injuries, my preseason training was first fitness on average, then tactics also on average, with more match training (tactic). Tackling is default, and I'm closing down more. I really don't like not having an option to set my central midfielder (att) to act more as central winger, because I can't set him to run wide with ball, that's stupid for me. And it seems that I can't save my set piece routines. When I click on save, it does nothing. I'm reserving my judging untill I play more of it, but it has got some issues on first glance. I know it is still beta, so hopefully it will be resolved. Default skin is very nice, apart from that abundance of white in inbox screen. I like new social feed feature, I laughed so hard when fans were protesting against Poli sale, when in real life it would come as Christmas to us fans. I still have to get used to some new features, as I think that some screens feature a lot of features, but this is always a problem in the start.

EDIT: And yeah, those wages that new players want are ridiculous. They start with 160k per week for some player, and you can't get them lower. Yarmolenko was asking for 250k a week, and my highest paid player is on 125k a week.

Incredible score ! Seems you have found a glitch :))) Tell us your tactic

7 minutes ago, Nikopol said:

It seems to me, though i can't exactly back it up, that passing ratio is quite high for relatively low-rated teams. I had the impression in my friendlies, and now in the first round of the german cup i play against Lotte as Dortmund, and despite me playing a pressing game (high defensive line, close down more, 4 players in central position), they have a passing ratio of 81% after 40 minutes.

Oh, and over 250 passes in the first half.

I'm managing the worst playable side in Scotland and i can assure you, the performances are pretty damn poor! My successful passing stat is currently 64%.

27 minutes ago, penza said:

Hi all in the data folder of FM there used to be all tactics used by the AI where are they saved now? Thanks! they used to be in .TAC format?

Not sure what you mean here?  We've never had access to tactics that the AI uses, only our own saved tactics.

Just now, Miravlix said:

The staff insist on setting pre-season training to very high.

Shouldn't it consider the age of the players and scheduled matches, because it seems to me very high is a surefire way to an injury crisis.

Check out the intensity of the training workload in the training menu. I had set the slider fully towards match preparation and thus the the workload was only light. So if you train a team in a new tactic it makes sense to increase the general training intensity

Has the Screen Flow, which was under Preferences, been taken out?
If it has. How do i set it up so i can see the matchday fixtures and matchday results for, let's say, Champions League on every matchday?
If not, where is it?

22 minutes ago, Georgik said:

Incredible score ! Seems you have found a glitch :))) Tell us your tactic

Well it's a bad result really. Of course I wanted to win, but I didn't expect it because Juve is strong. And yes they played some u21 players (which they really shouldn't in Supercoppa final, but ok) And the finals are being played during preseason, and in RL it's being played in winter, but I suppose it's hard to put it in a game. Tactic is simple 4-1-2-3 DM

1 minute ago, roykela said:

Has the Screen Flow, which was under Preferences, been taken out?
If it has. How do i set it up so i can see the matchday fixtures and matchday results for, let's say, Champions League on every matchday?
If not, where is it?

It's still there. Select Interface.

13 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Not sure what you mean here?  We've never had access to tactics that the AI uses, only our own saved tactics.

Hi herne79 in previous FM's if you go in the data folder there used to be a folder called tactics where all the AI's tactics were saved (preferred formations) for example: 4-4-2.tac 3-4-1-2.tac where are they now saved? in the pre-game editor you can see the list but they are nowhere to be found thanks!

1 minute ago, penza said:

Hi herne79 in previous FM's if you go in the data folder there used to be a folder called tactics where all the AI's tactics were saved (preferred formations) for example: 4-4-2.tac 3-4-1-2.tac where are they now saved? in the pre-game editor you can see the list but they are nowhere to be found thanks!

The tactics saved in that folder are your own aren't they? I'm fairly certain the AI's tactics have never been saved.

5 minutes ago, decapitated said:

Even though I'm following England as a nation/national side as was suggested, I'm still not getting any posts about any international football on the social media feed. :(

You will find it in the news tab. There are also news about squad selection in the social tab. Click on manage, go to nation, social and news should be ticked to receive these messages.

Maybe a little offtopic but how do i get the discount in the FM17 purchase? 

Really eager to start with FM17. Played FM15 for over 1800 hours, FM16 23 hours (****** version imo). Oh and FM14 for almost 600 hours, so of its good, its gonna be a good time! 

14 minutes ago, penza said:

12 minutes ago, GriffiN94 said:

The tactics saved in that folder are your own aren't they? I'm fairly certain the AI's tactics have never been saved.

@penza I think the folder you are referring to contained simply the blank template files for the default formations you can load into the tactics screen.  They're not actual tactics.  None of those .tac files could be loaded into the game in the same way as you can load your own saved tactic files.

After FM14 those files seem to have been moved/changed, and probably a good thing too as messing around with them could corrupt hard coded game files.

Why do you want access to them?

Has the club info screen you used to see when selecting your team been removed ?

Previously you could see finances, stadium size etc , now I only see select the team by club badge or start a save with no club ?

Edit : nvm ,being impatient.

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, arneaux said:

Maybe a little offtopic but how do i get the discount in the FM17 purchase? 

Really eager to start with FM17. Played FM15 for over 1800 hours, FM16 23 hours (****** version imo). Oh and FM14 for almost 600 hours, so of its good, its gonna be a good time! 

Sorry to say this promotion ended a few days back so you're too late, Best to check around and find the best deal available now, but pay particular attention to whether the offer includes access to the pre-release beta. 

4 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Sorry to say this promotion ended a few days back so you're too late, Best to check around and find the best deal available now, but pay particular attention to whether the offer includes access to the pre-release beta. 

Too bad, gonna purchase via Steam because i always do and it always worked good for me. 

Just now, LPQR said:

are nations like Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Georgia and Armenia playable in the Beta? Also, are the save capped at one season as usual?

There are no new nations added as playable leagues.

19 minutes ago, LPQR said:

are nations like Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Georgia and Armenia playable in the Beta? Also, are the save capped at one season as usual?

i dont believe the beta is capped at one season no.  we have had people sim to 2023 ;)

This is for sure the most polish beta version, well done SI :applause:Congratulations !!! All is very smooth and the 3D is so much improved, players performance on the pitch really seems they are a lot more faithful to what they are expected to do, fluid movement, closing down seems a lot improved. Well done sirs :applause:A few fine-tunnings here and there and this has all to be a phenomenal edition. Thank you !

P.S. FB / WB seems they are giving a little to much space to their opponents although using zonal tight marking, its not they won't tight mark or close down, its more the positioning. Wingers and IF still seems they occupy interior zones to much.... oh and social media really seems great !

47 minutes ago, herne79 said:

@penza I think the folder you are referring to contained simply the blank template files for the default formations you can load into the tactics screen.  They're not actual tactics.  None of those .tac files could be loaded into the game in the same way as you can load your own saved tactic files.

After FM14 those files seem to have been moved/changed, and probably a good thing too as messing around with them could corrupt hard coded game files.

Why do you want access to them?

I see I had fun with them in the past, they must be saved somewhere though?

2 minutes ago, penza said:

I see I had fun with them in the past, they must be saved somewhere though?

No idea where they are saved now, but as said before they're just the files that contain the default formations which you load into the tactics screen when you pick a formation.  Load up one of those formations in game, save it as your own tactic and you'll have an exact copy that you can mess around with which will be saved in your own tactics folder as a .fmf file.

Taking actual game files to "have fun with" isn't really a good idea and could corrupt your game.

5 minutes ago, herne79 said:

No idea where they are saved now, but as said before they're just the files that contain the default formations which you load into the tactics screen when you pick a formation.  Load up one of those formations in game, save it as your own tactic and you'll have an exact copy that you can mess around with which will be saved in your own tactics folder as a .fmf file.

Taking actual game files to "have fun with" isn't really a good idea and could corrupt your game.

fair enough :(

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Which graphics do not work? Are you using the default skin and did you empty the cache and re-loading the skin?

The player faces .  Strange thing is some work some dont. For example in my save (Hamburger SV) in my HSV II squad are some player faces that are working . But in my main squad none . And yes i have packs . they worked since i started with football manager 2012.  Like i said the emblems and kits are working so the graphics folder must be in the correct place.

4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Check it the player faces have all the same file extension. It must be lower case like png, not PNG.

its lower case .png and yes im using the default skin (light)  . cleared cache , reloaded skin many times . i have no idea what's the problem

Edited by haffaz77

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Why don't you download a new facepack?

I will try . I thought its an issue and already reported by some players ? At least that's what i read a few hours ago in this thread .