Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Still see stuff like this happen.

The clip starts a little too late ,so I'll post a screen grab as well (and upload the match in the bugs forum)

1jOstge.png

But the 2 circled players started next to each other, the ball is then played out to the right where the guy circled in blue and 7 other players turn away and all run towards the ball. The player circled in red then waltzes into the box unopposed and scores (as can be seen on the video)

 

 

From the video this looks as if Rangers are completely overrun too in parts, like hit on a break. There's like two players behind the ball when the clip starts and nobody at all responsible anymore for the wide guys which eventually sneak into the box... agree with that run the player makes even though it's hard to guess the context of the situation and formation applied however some kind of error and unmarked player was always likely to be in there. I know there's a lot of detailed and fantastic player reports, but this second to second match engine stuff -- this is so much of an area where SI should much more involve all their pro football contacts to check it out, preferably some that actually play and inhibit the positions. Unlike Fifa where errors don't come off as pronounced anyways due to matches lasting like two times a commercial break on TV in between halves, they are meant to be in here too and look somewhat "believable".

Would be interesting to know how much if it's being utilized. By the way, any referees in the game that average barely a booking or two a game, long-term (prevsiously connected to that there's a very small range of discipline rating given to refs that produce "realistic" performances/stats). As a comparison for those playing in the Premier League for instance: http://www.transfermarkt.de/premier-league/schiedsrichter/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=2015

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Running me a quick long term simulation test and I'm noticing that bookings for sure are on the lenient side, possibly penalties as well but I'm having trouble finding last seasons stats for a sample size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if it's been mentioned but I won my first CL qualifier Leg 3-0 and one of the reporters questions was "You hit the woodwork 3 times and still never won".

I'm assuming it's because it's only the 1st leg done and the system is registering it as the game not actually won because the 2nd Leg is still to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am absolutely loving the data analyst camera angle. Assuming that is new, if not I have been missing out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit disappointed. Absolutely no tactical changes? Creative freedom and team shape are still linked? All (!) AI teams still line-up in the same way they do since FM 15 for defensive corners? Still no option to decrease or increase the vertical compactness of your team? Still no advanced options for defending free kicks? (Marking tall or short player, specific player, zonally...) Underwhelming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys can we use FM 16 graphics, player photos and kits and stuff for FM 17?  It's hard to look at my squad with no player photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, extremeskins04 said:

Hey guys can we use FM 16 graphics, player photos and kits and stuff for FM 17?  It's hard to look at my squad with no player photos.

Yes, I tried it my old logos pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vasilli07 said:

Yes, I tried it my old logos pack.

 

Yea just got that to work, but skins don't load for some reason.  Trying to use one or two of my FM 16 skins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting really frustrated with my team's inability to score goals.

Chances are there, some decent offensive build-up, but every game is like someone put some kind of spell on that damn goal.
Idk what to do because there's no tactical option which prevents your team from missing absolute sitters every game.
It's FM11 (I think?) all over again. Artificial difficulty based on your world class players having their stats lowered by 80% as soon as they're in the box.

And Central Defenders with Defend duty and no special instructions in a tactic with normal defensive line are just running at opposition offensive midfielders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mariuscascada said:

U have make a mistake with Ronny deila former Celtic FC manager he win the Scottish premiership in 2014/15 , 2015/16 & also win the Scottish league cup in 2014/15 

Please post any Data errors in the relevant sub forum of the FM 17 Bugs forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just tried starting a game as international manager of Papua New Guinea. I was suprised to see I was able to pick the country, but after creating the game I got a message saying it was not possible to play them. I understand why, but would be nice if I could be told that before the waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

You can do this and his coaching stats will be generated at the end of the course I believe. 

 

5 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

He will only generate a staff profile when he either retires or is ready to move into this part of the game.
Players as young as 28 are now able, under the right circumstances, to go on coaching courses. If they gain the badge it will be recorded under 'Information' and will mean they generate a staff profile with a higher CA when the time comes. Think of it as them preparing for life after playing.

Great stuff lads. Thanks. :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Welshace said:

17mb? luxury!

 

I live in rural wales... I get 1.6mb at best.

1.6mb? I get 450kb here in Australia. Looks like I'll be downloading all night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh heh...I hired a female coach. Cool. I haven't actually witnessed any games yet, but I'm figuring out the adjusted menus and new features.  (I got a late start...work, family stuff...the download.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I'm getting really frustrated with my team's inability to score goals.

Chances are there, some decent offensive build-up, but every game is like someone put some kind of spell on that damn goal.
Idk what to do because there's no tactical option which prevents your team from missing absolute sitters every game.
It's FM11 (I think?) all over again. Artificial difficulty based on your world class players having their stats lowered by 80% as soon as they're in the box.

And Central Defenders with Defend duty and no special instructions in a tactic with normal defensive line are just running at opposition offensive midfielders.

Managing Arsenal, by any chance? :Dhttp://www.skysports.com/football/news/15118/10189870/wasteful-arsenals-premier-league-title-hopes-hit-by-poor-finishing
Looking around it seems like the game still hasn't introduced a stats breakdown of which of the 1001 shots are actually from open play (i.e. actually breaking a defense down and stretching the defenders and putting the forwards into a decent position) and which from set pieces (all defenders aboard deck!) then. Seeing that some download/Workshop monstrosities create matches with 25 corners alone and every shot on target off them, and that you don't need to engage quite as absurdly to have the majority of your attempts from set pieces, which inflates numbers in the game hugely, it's puzzling that they don't see this as an issue. Post-match you'd have to click on every shot dot in the match manually to see that you were struggling to break down, and that those 15 shots on target in the statistics and a few actually quality attempts popping up as a highlight barely tell half the story. In particular considering that players on FM can grow frustrated if that's what their average shot looks like during a match, which they are less likely to convert, which lessens the chance slightly that those decent attempts are put away. You could think of it as the game's attempt of simulating the Ronaldo effect. http://en.as.com/en/2016/06/19/football/1466354537_215720.html

 

A statistics and fully page that manually calculates the shots and SOT conversion for players would also be nice. It could gloss over the actually buggy finishes (forward regularly takes wrong foot to finish, some bad decisions from close range, etc), but it would mostly show if the overall conversion really is that bad or not. So far there's but the team reports and overall team stats, and lots has to be calculated manually. Overall conversion from my perspective at least so far has never been a major issue. Which is not to argue it's just completely like football, but I've always manually calculated SOT conversions etc. for every major forward in the leagues to compare it to real life numbers. It's pretty accurate on that front. FM 2017 would be a first in many years. More importantly, the game has never made the game artificially more difficult for the human player like that. Punishing you because you are too good. It's been disproven every single version (and officially, completely opposes the design ethos in behind the series). One may feel like it. Few are actually looking for possibly solutions. If there's buggy finishing, it will affect every team in the save. If you are one of the big boys always "dominating" stats by default as teams drop off, watch out what the other big boy teams perform like (on FM 2016, they occasionally performed like poo-poo compared to a human player or their real-life counterparts). Hopefully the AI tactical overhauls have improved this some (and made them more competitive).

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never mind, figured it out.

Edited by Warhawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Still see stuff like this happen.

The clip starts a little too late ,so I'll post a screen grab as well (and upload the match in the bugs forum)

1jOstge.png

But the 2 circled players started next to each other, the ball is then played out to the right where the guy circled in blue and 7 other players turn away and all run towards the ball. The player circled in red then waltzes into the box unopposed and scores (as can be seen on the video)

Hey, sorry for the unrelated question but I noticed you're managing Rangers. Will you be able to tell me if the Betfred Cup (League Cup) has been revamped? It has been changed to a group stage format, and if so are these matches played at the start of the season? Also the Irn Bru Cup (Challenge Cup) has introduced the 12 SPFL teams Under 20's side during the first round and two teams that finish top of the Welsh League and two teams from the N.Irish League during the fourth round. SPFL also has a 2 week winter break in January. Are you able to check if these have been changed in the game? I would appreciate if anyone could let me know. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if anyone has posted this bug. Also, where is the bugs forum

fixtures.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stewart1111 said:

Hey, sorry for the unrelated question but I noticed you're managing Rangers. Will you be able to tell me if the Betfred Cup (League Cup) has been revamped? It has been changed to a group stage format, and if so are these matches played at the start of the season? Also the Irn Bru Cup (Challenge Cup) has introduced the 12 SPFL teams Under 20's side during the first round and two teams that finish top of the Welsh League and two teams from the N.Irish League during the fourth round. SPFL also has a 2 week winter break in January. Are you able to check if these have been changed in the game? I would appreciate if anyone could let me know. Thanks.

I'm playing as Hibs and yes, they've been changed and are the same as the real-life format :)

Managed to get my side into the Europa League play-offs with upset victories against FC Admira Wacker Mödling and Maribor. Fairly leniant draw too against Rapid Wien when the other options were AZ Alkmaar and West Ham - maybe we have a chance?! Got to say it's very intense before a ball's even been kicked in the league - although I guess in all likelihood next season we won't be in Europe so we can **** about with the League Cup group stage instead :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kcinnay said:

I'm a bit disappointed. Absolutely no tactical changes? Creative freedom and team shape are still linked? All (!) AI teams still line-up in the same way they do since FM 15 for defensive corners? Still no option to decrease or increase the vertical compactness of your team? Still no advanced options for defending free kicks? (Marking tall or short player, specific player, zonally...) Underwhelming.

Agree with this. The game is solid overall but these little minor details are of huge importance to me as well. How on earth do I ask my 2 forwards to drop very deep to defend in the last 5 minutes without changing their positions to AMC/AMR/AML? Even on 'Contain' mentality with V.fluid to H.Structured shape, they refuse to drop deep. I don't want to score or counter attack, just defend my lead and hang on to the result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

I'm playing as Hibs and yes, they've been changed and are the same as the real-life format :)

Managed to get my side into the Europa League play-offs with upset victories against FC Admira Wacker Mödling and Maribor. Fairly leniant draw too against Rapid Wien when the other options were AZ Alkmaar and West Ham - maybe we have a chance?! Got to say it's very intense before a ball's even been kicked in the league - although I guess in all likelihood next season we won't be in Europe so we can **** about with the League Cup group stage instead :p

Thanks so much! I take it you weren't in the group stages of the League Cup because you were in European competition? I think it's the four teams playing in Europe that don't have to play matches in the group stages. Also during the group stages if a match ends in a draw it goes straight to penalties with the winner getting a bonus point (2 points) is this the same as well? I'm still waiting for my new laptop to be delivered so that's why I'm unable to check. Good luck in the Europa League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stewart1111 said:

Thanks so much! I take it you weren't in the group stages of the League Cup because you were in European competition? I think it's the four teams playing in Europe that don't have to play matches in the group stages. Also during the group stages if a match ends in a draw it goes straight to penalties with the winner getting a bonus point (2 points) is this the same as well? I'm still waiting for my new laptop to be delivered so that's why I'm unable to check. Good luck in the Europa League.

Indeed :) And yep, that's in as well with the penalty shootouts. Thanks, hope you get your laptop soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minor, but should be corrected:

Approached Christian Pulisic as Liverpool in preseason, had a pre-contract offer conversation (nice addition btw) I promised him that we would finish top 4 and win the league the next season and give him a big pay rise. He is on 5k a week at Dortmund, so I was thinking along the lines of 30-50k a week to start. The contract negotiations start at 160k a week (as a backup which he agreed to) and I can't change the amount lower than that.

'That word doesn't mean what you think it means'. 

 

20161018213242_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tarzanofmars said:

Minor, but should be corrected:

Approached Christian Pulisic as Liverpool in preseason, had a pre-contract offer conversation (nice addition btw) I promised him that we would finish top 4 and win the league the next season and give him a big pay rise. He is on 5k a week at Dortmund, so I was thinking along the lines of 30-50k a week to start. The contract negotiations start at 160k a week (as a backup which he agreed to) and I can't change the amount lower than that.

'That word doesn't mean what you think it means'. 

 

20161018213242_1.jpg

You're best copying and pasting everything you wrote to the bug forum. https://community.sigames.com/forum/512-football-manager-2017-pre-release-beta-bugs-forum/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have dual monitors.

Since installing FM17 when i press somewhere on the second monitor with thew mouse it will minimize FM.

Never used to to it with FM16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mervmeister said:

Wingers are set to attack as part of a flat 4. All default instructions. Left winger Inhave set to shoot less often however.

wing backs (support) are all default, shoot less often and run wide with ball.

its a 4141 not 4411 sorry.

So all the wide players are crossers? And all are set to shoot less often and therefore are asked to effectively cross / pass from wide areas of the pitch? I'm not surprised you score lots from crosses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

But the 2 circled players started next to each other, the ball is then played out to the right where the guy circled in blue and 7 other players turn away and all run towards the ball. The player circled in red then waltzes into the box unopposed and scores (as can be seen on the video)

Personally, I don't think that's bad. If the defence doesn't shift over then there's a spare attacker on the side of the pitch where the ball is. A decision has to be made and the switch of play works well, but if the defence didn't shift over, there would likely have been an overload of players and plenty of space for the attacking team on that right flank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FestyF said:

Agree with this. The game is solid overall but these little minor details are of huge importance to me as well. How on earth do I ask my 2 forwards to drop very deep to defend in the last 5 minutes without changing their positions to AMC/AMR/AML? Even on 'Contain' mentality with V.fluid to H.Structured shape, they refuse to drop deep. I don't want to score or counter attack, just defend my lead and hang on to the result.

The reality is that short of using Defend Duty Defensive Forwards, the best you can do is use the AMC positions you are reluctant to use. Is it ideal? No, but it's a compromise that works, especially if all you want to do is see out the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

The reality is that short of using Defend Duty Defensive Forwards, the best you can do is use the AMC positions you are reluctant to use. Is it ideal? No, but it's a compromise that works, especially if all you want to do is see out the match.

This was the case last year as well, I don't think SI is at fault here ; it's more that we need to adapt to how real football teams are playing. Most of the big teams use strikers that drop deep or start from deep, I don't think the ST roles replicate that very well but the AM roles do and I think this is how it should be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

d0e30b3a08fedbe858c9faca575d6d0a.png

 

So this was my first official game. I am playing as Milan. lol

Of course, this is only based on one match, but I think that at least 4 goals were headers coming from crosses, but on the other side, I saw my striker scoring one on one, something I haven't seen in a while. 3D is good, running smoothly so far. I'm having problems with injuries, my preseason training was first fitness on average, then tactics also on average, with more match training (tactic). Tackling is default, and I'm closing down more. I really don't like not having an option to set my central midfielder (att) to act more as central winger, because I can't set him to run wide with ball, that's stupid for me. And it seems that I can't save my set piece routines. When I click on save, it does nothing. I'm reserving my judging untill I play more of it, but it has got some issues on first glance. I know it is still beta, so hopefully it will be resolved. Default skin is very nice, apart from that abundance of white in inbox screen. I like new social feed feature, I laughed so hard when fans were protesting against Poli sale, when in real life it would come as Christmas to us fans. I still have to get used to some new features, as I think that some screens feature a lot of features, but this is always a problem in the start.

EDIT: And yeah, those wages that new players want are ridiculous. They start with 160k per week for some player, and you can't get them lower. Yarmolenko was asking for 250k a week, and my highest paid player is on 125k a week.

Edited by Firehouse
Added something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kuldaniss said:

This was the case last year as well, I don't think SI is at fault here ; it's more that we need to adapt to how real football teams are playing. Most of the big teams use strikers that drop deep or start from deep, I don't think the ST roles replicate that very well but the AM roles do and I think this is how it should be. 

I agree. We know that formation is defensive shape, so if you want "strikers" to defend, you need to create AMCs that go forward in attack, rather than STs that drop back in defence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I provide a bit of positive feedback here from my short experiences yesterday. 

I love the pre and post match analysis in the inbox. Everything is nicely condensed in one place and it shows the passing heat map (representing circles of the player involved in most passes).

In fact most things can really be seen directly from the inbox and action taken. I found myself rarely going to another screen to set up staff, training etc. unless I want a very detailed look. It reminded me to find staff for certain roles that hadn't been filled. 

All in all very visual and much improved. 

I also like the new view in the tactics screen showing you the tactical familiarity by player. They seem to learn at different rates too. Not sure what the slightly darkened area there means ? What it will be soon? Curious to see the impact of that. 

The squad depth is excellent. You can easily see how many players can play what position and you can also specify roles etc. Makes life easier.

There's always this little "people" icon on the top right giving you tips about your players or something to look into. 

Match engine in 3D is much improved. I see different movements and Crosses and goal scoring opportunities. The skin in general seems polished. 

All in all so far I'm happy with the changes. While FM16 seemed like a bigger change as the tactics screen changed there are a lot of subtle but important changes this year making things more fluid and better accessible.

I tried FMT for a moment and created a save. Can't turn off 1st window budgets still :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't really read about FM release this year. Are they still doing the classic mode? I just can't see that its available in the beta.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nzleeds said:

Didn't really read about FM release this year. Are they still doing the classic mode? I just can't see that its available in the beta.

Thanks

Football Manager Touch is its own standalone game this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, waldywaldy said:

I am absolutely loving the data analyst camera angle. Assuming that is new, if not I have been missing out.

That used to be prozone camera in FM16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FMT is there any way to share the graphics folder without copying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nzleeds said:

Didn't really read about FM release this year. Are they still doing the classic mode? I just can't see that its available in the beta.

Thanks

Its separate now there should be fm2017 and fm2017 touch in your steam library

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, abhid30007 said:

Where can I find a players preferred move in my squad....cant find

Trying going into Player Porfiles>Development>drop down menu. Think it is in there?  Under "Training" after Physical Attributes/Stats shows Player Traits e.g. gets forward etc.

Edited by Kazza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found an issue that has happened a couple of times now where when i sign a player (in this case Youri Tielemans from Anderlecht for Man Utd) , the social feed says "we can confirm that YT has agreed to join Anderlecht" from the "official Man Utd social media account in game" it should be the other way around, Utd posting he's joined United from Anderlecht 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of questions to those who have the beta about staff:

When managing a big club can I choose which players I want my DoF/Chief exec to offer new contracts to, or is it the same way of having to negotiate new contracts myself with players I choose, which I find unrealistic, or they do the negotiating AND choose which players, which again I find unrealistic.

Also are the sports scientists and data analysts big new features, as in they can really make a difference to a club if you find a good ones, or do they just add a few more UI screens which will be broadly similar who ever you employ. I would want a really good sport scientist to really be helping me avoid injuries/help with stamina ect with both feedback and gradual improvements to professional players over time and a rubbish one not really help at all.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kazza said:

Trying going into Player Porfiles>Development>drop down menu. Think it is in there?  Under "Training" after Physical Attributes/Stats shows Player Traits e.g. gets forward etc.

that means I wont be able to see preferred moves for players I have scouted ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Another nice small feature addition - When you hover over the WNT icon next to a player, it will now tell you the club(s) interested in him. 

I LOVE this. It's been something i've wanted (but admittedly i've never got off my backside and asked for it) for a few years now. :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, abhid30007 said:

that means I wont be able to see preferred moves for players I have scouted ?

According to the game you need to do a full scout by the looks of it. if you check under Scouting > Shortlist and Player Development>Tactics..it says in bottom right hand corner" Player Traits" need scouting (if you have not done so). interesting will do some more research into that! You may need to scout re "full knowledge": looks like a new aspect to the game.

Edited by Kazza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing as Southend United in league two....every match i have played, home and away there are NOBODY in the stands? anyone else getting this?

 

Was up till 2am playing the game last night...love it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...