Advanced rules FM 2017 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, krlenjushka said:

So just to be clear- no need for regional divisions settings?

I removed it, because it did screw-up everything in my file as it does strictly put clubs into the divisions that was set, not matter how many clubs were already in that division.

49 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I removed it, because it did screw-up everything in my file as it does strictly put clubs into the divisions that was set, not matter how many clubs were already in that division.

Not sure what you're saying - is there a "use regional divisions" check button somewhere?

The state of play at the moment is that the competitions have regional boundaries, but not the club (they have no regional divisions set, I did try clearing regional boundaries and only having regional divisions set for every club, to no avail). There's little, if any, overlap between them. 

Ideally, I'd like to tell the game to promote an extra team from below if needed or to just not relegate the bottom team, rather than make teams from a different island travel for every match - is there a way to do that?

Here's the problem;

promo and reg.PNG

leads to...

7 teams.PNG

That league has a min of 8 and max of 10, so last season due to playoff success Stokely Vale was promoted, but in the league above no Tobagoan team was relegated, leaving 7 teams. For some reason a team wasn't promoted from below (inactive leagues with teams in them). Tried unchecking "Keep teams in region" to no avail.

Tried adding the inactive league to the nation, now it won't test trinidad... Every year something happens... Had to roll-back to a previous version of the file :(

On 18/11/2016 at 00:32, nom245 said:

Athletic Bilbao is hardcoded in the game. It will be interesting if, in a superleague, you can specify for a club that foreign players are all with a nationality different from where the club is based, also players with the same nationality of where the league is based. I.E. if I put a club based in Bhutan in the Indian League, for all I know, until now it was impossible to specify indian players foreigners for this club

If you set your superleague in, say, India, and you want your Bhutanese club to only be able to have Indian players in the squad, you can do that. They will have their nation and based nation set as India and then you can specify that there can be no foreign players in the squad. This will effectively mean that any non-Indian players are considered foreign. If you want non-Bhutanese players to be considered foreign you just set their based nation to Bhutan. Is that what you want?

3 hours ago, chucklechuck said:

If you want non-Bhutanese players to be considered foreign you just set their based nation to Bhutan. Is that what you want?

I want to have only Bhutanese players. Unfortunately, if you set based nation to Bhutan, togheter with Bhutanese also Indian players are considered not foreign, and the team can purchase indians without limits. This because you are obliged to leave the nation in the same nationality of the league (or you will have an error when you verify the competition, in the editor). You can only change the based nation and eventually the nation for continental cups, but this can not include the indians between the foreigners (from a certain point of view this make sense, since your team is playing in the indian league). At least in fm15 it was like this, I have not tried this year yet.

Urgh, I'm creating a new nation file and have 2 relegation playoffs set up in my Derde Divisie (one in child competition Derde Divisie Zaterdag and one in Derde Divisie Zondag), everything should be allright but I get an "Derde Divisie has not finished in time for season update day" error. If I verify the file manually through XML and then holiday to the playoffs then everything works fine; the playoffs are played and teams won the playoff, the league table does say which team became champions, won the playoff or get relegated however the next season will never kick off (no new season fixtures list) so I'm still seeing the results of (may) last season halfway into the new  season. I can't seem to find what I did wrong. 

The last Derde Divisie playoff match is in the first week of june (the last Hoofdklasse relegation match is 15 june or something but never got to test the Hoofdklasse yet), I moved the Season Update day from 1-7-2016 to 26-7-2016 but still get the same "league not finished before season update day" error. I'll upload it and hope one of you could take a peek. The Derde Divisie playoffs are in the Derde Divisie Zaterdag/Zondag stage 2.

My project may be to ambitious because I splitted the playoffs from Derde Divisie (parent) division and put them in each child competition seperately (also did this in Hoofdklasse Zaterdag A and Hoofdklasse Zondag A). 

Dutch Football League Test.fmf

6 hours ago, nom245 said:

I want to have only Bhutanese players. Unfortunately, if you set based nation to Bhutan, togheter with Bhutanese also Indian players are considered not foreign, and the team can purchase indians without limits. This because you are obliged to leave the nation in the same nationality of the league (or you will have an error when you verify the competition, in the editor). You can only change the based nation and eventually the nation for continental cups, but this can not include the indians between the foreigners (from a certain point of view this make sense, since your team is playing in the indian league). At least in fm15 it was like this, I have not tried this year yet.

Ah I see what you mean now. I have the same problem with my world league. Sorry I can't be of any help.

1 hour ago, Slabbekoorn said:

The last Derde Divisie playoff match is in the first week of june (the last Hoofdklasse relegation match is 15 june or something but never got to test the Hoofdklasse yet), I moved the Season Update day from 1-7-2016 to 26-7-2016 but still get the same "league not finished before season update day" error. I'll upload it and hope one of you could take a peek. The Derde Divisie playoffs are in the Derde Divisie Zaterdag/Zondag stage 2.

My project may be to ambitious because I splitted the playoffs from Derde Divisie (parent) division and put them in each child competition seperately (also did this in Hoofdklasse Zaterdag A and Hoofdklasse Zondag A). 

Dutch Football League Test.fmf

In the Hoofdclass Zadertag A competition you need to set the end month from June to July. No more error message after I did that.

21 minutes ago, KUBI said:

In the Hoofdclass Zadertag A competition you need to set the end month from June to July. No more error message after I did that.

Good to here that it can be solved but where exactly? I still get the error if I change it in Hoofdklasse Zaterdag A -> Competition -> Date Range.

I've run into a problem that can't seem to figure out.

I created a new Serbian League system where I created a new top tier league of 13 teams playing each other 3 times, replacing the SuperLeague. Second level is the existing "First League", but numbers 21 teams playing each other twice. Then I also made playable the current "Second League", which is divided into separate four divisions. Nothing too complicated.

I kept the Serbian Cup, Super cup and added a League Cup for Top Two tiers.

Under the Reserves option, the First Reserve team is the Under 19, using the existing divisons (I think thats the option). The second reserve team is the reserves.

Game loads fine, simulates well...but...:

Teams are using an obscene number of Youth players and keeping the good first team players in Reserves, while the U19 team is always empty. Every team in the league does this and I have no clue how to fix it.

On 11/19/2016 at 15:47, KUBI said:

It does not work when you set both regional divisions and boundaries. You need also to be sure to untick "use regional divisions".

It works well in my game with competitions boundaries only, I did delete all regional divisions set, as this made the editor and game to shuffle clubs around in a very strict way.

What do you mean by " You need also to be sure to untick "use regional divisions"?

Where is this option?

EDIT: i think i have a solution for our regional issues- when one more team from one region is relegated to lower league with sub - divisions- we usually have problem because in 1 region we are short for 1 team and in 1 we have 1 team more than we need. in this case game need to move 1 team to other regional division to fill number of teams rule. 

We can change number of teams to min/max but this isnt ideal solution. we want relegation number to be min/max caused by number of teams relegated from higher division.

I think i have solution for this and i will test this tomorrow.

Will inform you about this :thup:

On 11/5/2016 at 01:11, harrycarrie said:

Attached is my edited file, to save you the bother of setting it all up. Its not been tested thoroughly (English leagues only, small db, holiday through the seasons) so up to you if you use it :)

brex_974304DC-1F9E-4510-BB55-BB544657B097.fmf

hi guys, sorry im a big noob when it comes to the editor. can i ask how you load this file when you are starting a new save?

7 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

What do you mean by " You need also to be sure to untick "use regional divisions"?

Where is this option?

In the competition tab of the parent competition is the option "Use Regional Divisions to organize teams". If this is ticked in combination with regional boundaries I had problems with the size of the groups.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-21 um 10.32.29.jpg

18 hours ago, KUBI said:

I just wanted to post that I fixed it last evening. Saved it as a new file, made sure the language was English UK and I cleared the run competition test page and it verified correctly. It'll also verify when I move the update day back to the first of july. So I don't really know what went wrong in the first place but your advice worked. Thanks!

9 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

I think i have a solution for our regional issues- when one more team from one region is relegated to lower league with sub - divisions- we usually have problem because in 1 region we are short for 1 team and in 1 we have 1 team more than we need. in this case game need to move 1 team to other regional division to fill number of teams rule. 

We can change number of teams to min/max but this isnt ideal solution. we want relegation number to be min/max caused by number of teams relegated from higher division.

I tested this on serbian league level 3 - with 4 regional sub divisions and everything works. Number of relegated places depends on the number of relegated teams from higher level for that region.

6 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

I tested this on serbian league level 3 - with 4 regional sub divisions and everything works. Number of relegated places depends on the number of relegated teams from higher level for that region.

could be that used in my croatian system?? because its same like in serbia...i mean how to make it possible??

16 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Where is this option?

EDIT: i think i have a solution for our regional issues- when one more team from one region is relegated to lower league with sub - divisions- we usually have problem because in 1 region we are short for 1 team and in 1 we have 1 team more than we need. in this case game need to move 1 team to other regional division to fill number of teams rule. 

Any luck?

Under Nation > Competition there is a column for 'Game Version' containing FM, FMT and FMH. From what I understand the editor files cannot be used with FMT but this would indicate otherwise? Is it possible to add extended league system to FMT using these advanced rules?

Thanks

On 14/11/2016 at 11:36, Alastairhufc said:

I can see people have found ways to eliminate brexit but has anyone found ways to force a certain brexit scenario to happen? I assume the scenario is picked when the game starts and therefore reloading the save the day before the announcement comes won't make a difference? I'm interested to try an English career with hard brexit for an added challenge.

Yeah I've been able to force Brexit using Advanced editor - Set the trigger date to 1st July and the % chance of happening to 100% for 2016 and change the % chance for each country within the UK that you wish to get it if you wish. Set a country to 0% if you don't what that country to have it (e.g. Scotland, Wales, NI, etc.)

Also set the % of Bosman not happening and existing players getting permanent WPs both to 0%. You won't get hard Brexit each time but as the trigger date is set to the first day of your save, just start a new game and try again. It avoids having to waste game time initially before later in the save getting a soft Brexit.

Just now, Radz said:

Under Nation > Competition there is a column for 'Game Version' containing FM, FMT and FMH. From what I understand the editor files cannot be used with FMT but this would indicate otherwise? Is it possible to add extended league system to FMT using these advanced rules?

Thanks

I think in theory, the files could be loaded into FMT, but the game itself are blocked for that. So this is probably something for the future.

4 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

yeah. this can be done but i need to test season 2

Variable relegated spots based by region of relegated teams from higher level - it works :onmehead:

That's a big improvement.

16 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

yeah. this can be done but i need to test season 2

h7Hzb3e.jpgk9vK2nO.jpg

OLaMaBx.jpgFCf1mo2.jpg1hHicZs.jpg

Variable relegated spots based by region of relegated teams from higher level - it works :onmehead:

Wow nice, I've never been able to figure this out. Please tell us how you managed to do this.

17 hours ago, holidaysong said:

Yeah I've been able to force Brexit using Advanced editor - Set the trigger date to 1st July and the % chance of happening to 100% for 2016 and change the % chance for each country within the UK that you wish to get it if you wish. Set a country to 0% if you don't what that country to have it (e.g. Scotland, Wales, NI, etc.)

Also set the % of Bosman not happening and existing players getting permanent WPs both to 0%. You won't get hard Brexit each time but as the trigger date is set to the first day of your save, just start a new game and try again. It avoids having to waste game time initially before later in the save getting a soft Brexit.

Ah I had't thought of that work around. I'll do that, thanks :)

9 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Wow nice, I've never been able to figure this out. Please tell us how you managed to do this.

with some hidden stages added to each competition. stages are used to determine how many teams should be relegated based on relegated teams from higher level.

i tried on 1 level with sub divisions and one level above (1 league above for every regional league just to check relegation) and everything is ok in season 2. 

need more testing but i will inform you all about progress.

Can you imagine system with 5-6 levels, 30-40 leagues or more, 500+ teams and without single team in wrong division? :D

10 year old dream :hammer:

Please guys, a little help here:

I have a problem with duplicated competition unique ID, I was able to fix most by uploading a competition to the editor and duplicate the competition and then deleting the original. I am sure that I don't have any more duplicated ID. The problem is that when I start a new save the ID changes for whatever reason. An example: I have the 3 editions of the International Champions Cup posted in the download section, which have the ID 100000024, 100000025 and 100000026. These were repeated with 3 other competitions, so I duplicated each competition of the ICC and the ID became 100000029, 100000030 and 100000031. But when I start a new save the ID 100000029 changes to 100000048 resulting this one to be only one that is visible in the new save. I have compared the ID in the editor and in FM and all customized competitions have their ID changed, resulting in some not existing. Why does the ID changes when I start a new save ???? :seagull:

7 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

have you merged 2 or more files?

The International Champions Cup although is a single file, it has the 3 competitions inside (america, china and australia). I have duplicated all three to have 3 new and non-repeated ID but it continues to be a single file.

13 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

with some hidden stages added to each competition. stages are used to determine how many teams should be relegated based on relegated teams from higher level.

i tried on 1 level with sub divisions and one level above (1 league above for every regional league just to check relegation) and everything is ok in season 2. 

need more testing but i will inform you all about progress.

Can you imagine system with 5-6 levels, 30-40 leagues or more, 500+ teams and without single team in wrong division? :D

10 year old dream :hammer:

Great! hopefully you can post the file when you're done so I can reverse engineer it:B. Would it also be possible to relegate 4 teams, 2 of the northern region and 2 of the southern region, meaning that even if the last placed southern team did finish mid-table it would still relegate? I need to be able to do this for my future BeNe-Liga file.

Regarding your reserves question, I was able to edit reserves (somewhat) by doing this: (but do note that the old reserve rules are still there so changing some of them would not give the exact results.) You'll have to create your file from scratch if you want to make sure it works (as I am doing now with the Dutch Leagues project).

On 18-11-2016 at 16:05, Slabbekoorn said:

For adding new reserve rules to existing leagues (using ' 'Add Lower Division And Cups To Existing Structure'), convert to Advanced Rules and save your game as an xml file. I always do this by saving uncompressed (click settings at the top of the editor, untick 'Compress Editor Data Files'), go to the file location on your computer (My Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2017 -> editor data), delete the uncompressed save file, go back to the editor and save again, Now go back to the uncompressed save file and it should have the .xml file type. Now open this with notepad.

Now search for game_rules (using CTRL+F) and make the following changes:

- change all <boolean id="use_game_rules" value="true"/> into <boolean id="use_game_rules" value="false"/>

- change all <string id="use_game_rules" value="active_comp"/> into <string id="use_game_rules" value="not_in_game"/>

Now, save, close, load a new database in the editor and import the .xml file. And now the file is converted into a "Create New Competitions And Rules" file meaning that you can edit reserves now. But also make sure that the season update day is correct because the default is 1 january in the editor but if your leagues run from summer to summer (like in Holland, England and almost everywhere accept for Scandanavian countries) and change it (7 juli for Holland). You also have to add transfer windows manually etc. Now save compressed and verify your file.

And there you have it.

Oh and if you're having trouble chosing local regions when you add reserve leagues and chose 'Regional divisions', the problem is you can only select the default 'South-East' from England (if you change it then it'll become blank), then you need to apply the same trick as above. Save as xml, go into notepad, search for the South-East Unique ID (it is 156580) and now change it to the local region of your choice by deleting 'South-East' its Unique ID and replace it with the local region. You can copy, paste and edit all regions in the XML file. Now save, load again etc.

6 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Great! hopefully you can post the file when you're done so I can reverse engineer it:B. Would it also be possible to relegate 4 teams, 2 of the northern region and 2 of the southern region, meaning that even if the last placed southern team did finish mid-table it would still relegate? I need to be able to do this for my future BeNe-Liga file.

I think this can be done. When i catch some time i will test this for you

Quick daft question. i have 2x20 team conferences feeding into 1 league above.  2 up, 4 down.  At the start of each season can i have the teams randomly drawn into the 2 divisions from those 40 now in that level? 

On 11/18/2016 at 23:05, Slabbekoorn said:

Sorry for the double post (again) but @nom245 I have found the solution. Editing XML files in notepad does work! Here the tutorial:

For adding new reserve rules to existing leagues (using ' 'Add Lower Division And Cups To Existing Structure'), convert to Advanced Rules and save your game as an xml file. I always do this by saving uncompressed (click settings at the top of the editor, untick 'Compress Editor Data Files'), go to the file location on your computer (My Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2017 -> editor data), delete the uncompressed save file, go back to the editor and save again, Now go back to the uncompressed save file and it should have the .xml file type. Now open this with notepad.

Now search for game_rules (using CTRL+F) and make the following changes:

- change all <boolean id="use_game_rules" value="true"/> into <boolean id="use_game_rules" value="false"/>

- change all <string id="use_game_rules" value="active_comp"/> into <string id="use_game_rules" value="not_in_game"/>

Now, save, close, load a new database in the editor and import the .xml file. And now the file is converted into a "Create New Competitions And Rules" file meaning that you can edit reserves now. But also make sure that the season update day is correct because the default is 1 january in the editor but if your leagues run from summer to summer (like in Holland, England and almost everywhere accept for Scandanavian countries) and change it (7 juli for Holland). You also have to add transfer windows manually etc. Now save compressed and verify your file.

And there you have it.

Oh and if you're having trouble chosing local regions when you add reserve leagues and chose 'Regional divisions', the problem is you can only select the default 'South-East' from England (if you change it then it'll become blank), then you need to apply the same trick as above. Save as xml, go into notepad, search for the South-East Unique ID (it is 156580) and now change it to the local region of your choice by deleting 'South-East' its Unique ID and replace it with the local region. You can copy, paste and edit all regions in the XML file. Now save, load again etc.

Any idea how to get it to work if I've moved teams into different divisions? For example moving Newcastle into the Premier league keeps giving me an error saying "Newcastle not in Sky Bet Championship". Same with other teams I've tried.

Can't verify any of my divisions after moving teams across divisions when I'm using advanced rules. I just want to get my U23s into a better group while changing divisions.

I'll try to keep it brief as to not be too annoying, i created a customized league system for the Dominican Republic, now my question is, how can i add the champion of my league to the CONCACAF Champions League? I have tried everything in both regular and advance rules to no avail, could anyone help me out? 

League file:  https://www.mediafire.com/?f6838u11ryjg94y

When you set league system for some nation - its not related to continental cups. If you want to add club from that nation to CONCACAF CL you need to change club continental rules for that continent.

Its often very difficult because lot of things are hardcoded. Im not sure about CONCACAF but maybe someone can give you more specific answer about that competition.

Archived