Advanced rules FM 2017 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

56 minutes ago, DifferentKindOfG said:

Hi!
I have a problem with transfer dates in my custom league.
I set a transfer period for summer to be: 1.7. - 1.9. and for winter: 1.1. - 1.2. but the problem is that this dates changes every season. Next season it was 2.7. - 2.9,then 3.7.-3.9. etc..
What do i need to do? 

delete day from transfer date line- leave only date.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey - So these forums don't seem too active anymore, but hopefully someone may be able to help...

As pointed out by others, the FFP systems in FM17 are broken.  The calculations are not accurate for the values, so that when the board stores money in a reserve account ("Dividends") , these are captured in the calculation of loss.  Effectively, by doing so well that you are well within the FFP rules, the Board take these dividends and you miss out on Europe.  Ridiculous. 

Anyhow, the questions on this did not seem to be answered properly by SI, so I have spent today trying to resolve on my own.  I downloaded the Editor (had no desire to edit previously) and tried to learn it (the pre-game, official one) and I believe I found the problem (advanced rules, england, match rules, for groups 6 and 9 expand FFP and the the expenditure includes dividends.  I unchecked dividends and other, I believe this should resolve the problem for the Premier league.).  

Now - My problem is that I CANNOT find the problem in the Champions League.  Eventually, I think I have managed to tag a nation (England) to the competition, and therefore bring up the settings in the Advanced Rules under England.  The FFP rules do not appear there, like they do for the Premier League, so instead, I changed the flag in the competition details (Fixture Rules Index) to "6".  This is because the Premier League uses 6, so I am hoping that the resolution I made above will also work for the Champions League, as they will now use the same set of rules.  I have no clue if this will end up with some undesired consequences... but I am a complete newbie to this and it's as good as I can work out... SO - After doing that, I tested the competitions and it tells me that there are the wrong number of teams for the U19 Champions Cup Stage 2.  I have not touched either the number of teams, or the U19 Champions Cup... Help?!

4 hours ago, lukejones2 said:

Hey - So these forums don't seem too active anymore, but hopefully someone may be able to help...

As pointed out by others, the FFP systems in FM17 are broken.  The calculations are not accurate for the values, so that when the board stores money in a reserve account ("Dividends") , these are captured in the calculation of loss.  Effectively, by doing so well that you are well within the FFP rules, the Board take these dividends and you miss out on Europe.  Ridiculous. 

Anyhow, the questions on this did not seem to be answered properly by SI, so I have spent today trying to resolve on my own.  I downloaded the Editor (had no desire to edit previously) and tried to learn it (the pre-game, official one) and I believe I found the problem (advanced rules, england, match rules, for groups 6 and 9 expand FFP and the the expenditure includes dividends.  I unchecked dividends and other, I believe this should resolve the problem for the Premier league.).  

Now - My problem is that I CANNOT find the problem in the Champions League.  Eventually, I think I have managed to tag a nation (England) to the competition, and therefore bring up the settings in the Advanced Rules under England.  The FFP rules do not appear there, like they do for the Premier League, so instead, I changed the flag in the competition details (Fixture Rules Index) to "6".  This is because the Premier League uses 6, so I am hoping that the resolution I made above will also work for the Champions League, as they will now use the same set of rules.  I have no clue if this will end up with some undesired consequences... but I am a complete newbie to this and it's as good as I can work out... SO - After doing that, I tested the competitions and it tells me that there are the wrong number of teams for the U19 Champions Cup Stage 2.  I have not touched either the number of teams, or the U19 Champions Cup... Help?!

Update - By removing the English nation from the competition, that error went away.   That's a good thing.  I then went into a game, however, and Manchester United (and all the other teams) aren't in the Champions League any more!  Bright side - there is nothing about FFP in the rules (which I dont understand, as I was only trying to modify the incorrect calculation) but on the negative side, there are not eams so the competition kinda sucks... Gonna try and edit one more time.

Further update: I can turn off FFP in the Prem, and other domestic leagues, but not for Europe.  I have changed the fixture rules to 6 (no teams in the competition!) and I have unchecked the fixture rules index box (nothing changes).  Neither works.  This leads me to believe the Champs League fair play rules are housed somewhere else but I can't see it, clicking through all of the competition advanced editor screens.  Frankly, it is ridiculous that I have spent 8h on this today, because I am trying to resolve an error by SI that they have been aware of for years.

Can anyone help me? I must be missing something?... Really appreciate any thoughts.  I gotta sleep!

ONE FURTHER UPDATE: I have now downloaded the in-game editor.  This will allow me to change my bank balance such that there are no dividends required when I receive income.  For the premier league, the 'other' expenditure which this causes, still flows into the expenditure: Does aanyone know if that is also the case for the Champions League?  Otherwise at this will mean I only have Premier League sanctions (do not out of Europe!) in my existing game / I can turn off the FFP in the Premier League going forward anyhow, as described above, if the 'other' category isn't counted in the Champs League?...

All insights appreciated

here you go yo

20 hours ago, lukejones2 said:

Update - By removing the English nation from the competition, that error went away.   That's a good thing.  I then went into a game, however, and Manchester United (and all the other teams) aren't in the Champions League any more!  Bright side - there is nothing about FFP in the rules (which I dont understand, as I was only trying to modify the incorrect calculation) but on the negative side, there are not eams so the competition kinda sucks... Gonna try and edit one more time.

Further update: I can turn off FFP in the Prem, and other domestic leagues, but not for Europe.  I have changed the fixture rules to 6 (no teams in the competition!) and I have unchecked the fixture rules index box (nothing changes).  Neither works.  This leads me to believe the Champs League fair play rules are housed somewhere else but I can't see it, clicking through all of the competition advanced editor screens.  Frankly, it is ridiculous that I have spent 8h on this today, because I am trying to resolve an error by SI that they have been aware of for years.

Can anyone help me? I must be missing something?... Really appreciate any thoughts.  I gotta sleep!

ONE FURTHER UPDATE: I have now downloaded the in-game editor.  This will allow me to change my bank balance such that there are no dividends required when I receive income.  For the premier league, the 'other' expenditure which this causes, still flows into the expenditure: Does aanyone know if that is also the case for the Champions League?  Otherwise at this will mean I only have Premier League sanctions (do not out of Europe!) in my existing game / I can turn off the FFP in the Premier League going forward anyhow, as described above, if the 'other' category isn't counted in the Champs League?...

All insights appreciated

I am PM you with a file to use

it will do what you want re continetal rules and accessing ffp please dont pass it on 

I had an idea today for a new kind of league format(to football manager anyway).

In many sports(originally chess) a style of tournament called a Swiss system is implemented. In each round each team plays the team with the closest record to themselves that they haven't played before that season. This isn't used generally for football as it useful to know fixtures in advance to allow planning ahead. There are a few variations that I can see working better in football especially football manager. 

One variation is doing this in a grouped way. Split the teams into groups of 4 for each round. The teams will then play a group stage and the teams will get points based upon their position in the group these points will influence the draw for the next round. 

I am not quite sure how it would be possible to do the points in the above system based upon position in the group. I suspect that it may be easier just to use the points from the groups and add them into one big table. 

What I like about this system is that it doesn't require a huge number of rounds in order to get a clear winner(same as a knockout tournament). After that it is completely flexible as to how many rounds you play. I think that there are two good possibilities for using a swiss system. One would be as a cup with a small number of games per season. Another would be as a replacement for a league competition. This just needs more rounds allocated. An advantage is that the number of games is very loosely connected to the number of teams. As such the whole competition could cover all the teams from the English Premier League down to League 2(116 teams) without issue.

I would appreciate input on how easily these formats could be implemented. I am assuming that advanced rules are necessary in order to set this up. 

2 hours ago, henryzz said:

I had an idea today for a new kind of league format(to football manager anyway).

In many sports(originally chess) a style of tournament called a Swiss system is implemented. In each round each team plays the team with the closest record to themselves that they haven't played before that season. This isn't used generally for football as it useful to know fixtures in advance to allow planning ahead. There are a few variations that I can see working better in football especially football manager. 

One variation is doing this in a grouped way. Split the teams into groups of 4 for each round. The teams will then play a group stage and the teams will get points based upon their position in the group these points will influence the draw for the next round. 

I am not quite sure how it would be possible to do the points in the above system based upon position in the group. I suspect that it may be easier just to use the points from the groups and add them into one big table. 

What I like about this system is that it doesn't require a huge number of rounds in order to get a clear winner(same as a knockout tournament). After that it is completely flexible as to how many rounds you play. I think that there are two good possibilities for using a swiss system. One would be as a cup with a small number of games per season. Another would be as a replacement for a league competition. This just needs more rounds allocated. An advantage is that the number of games is very loosely connected to the number of teams. As such the whole competition could cover all the teams from the English Premier League down to League 2(116 teams) without issue.

I would appreciate input on how easily these formats could be implemented. I am assuming that advanced rules are necessary in order to set this up. 

Just spent a while trying to get this working. Not quite sure how to start. I was hoping that it would be possible to split a league into many sections. It looks like it is only possible to do two. It looks like group stages will be necessary but I am not sure how to combine the points into a table before every round. Any ideas? I am fairly new to the editor and think I might have bitten off more than I can chew.

Hey guys would really appreciate some help from an editor!

I have spent the previous three months of my holidays working on an FM database that adds the Irish Lower Leagues to the leagues already available in the game but when I go to verify the rules it does not give me permission to verify the rules for the extra leagues that I have created only the ones in the original game and therefore I am not able to use the created lower leagues that I spent a lot of my time working on.

When I created the rules I used "Add Nation Rules" >> "Add lower leagues to an existing structure"

Does anybody on here know a possible solution that allows me to verify the created leagues and competitions and make them available for use in-game. I am willing to share the file with anybody who wants to mess around and see if they can figure out a solution! Thanks in advance guys.

20170820213754_1.jpg

19 minutes ago, Mark Loves Erica said:

Hi guys i keep getting this error when i try and start a game with this file its frustrating the hell out of me now.lol hopefully somebody can fix it for me please?

League & Data Updates_2EE8BDE7-A1D0-4468-934A-87271C2EF843.fmf

20170818_073729_HDR.jpg

Its simple. You need 20 teams in that league because your settings are min/max 20/20 and you have only 19 teams in it.

16 hours ago, PrinceMalu said:

Hey guys would really appreciate some help from an editor!

I have spent the previous three months of my holidays working on an FM database that adds the Irish Lower Leagues to the leagues already available in the game but when I go to verify the rules it does not give me permission to verify the rules for the extra leagues that I have created only the ones in the original game and therefore I am not able to use the created lower leagues that I spent a lot of my time working on.

When I created the rules I used "Add Nation Rules" >> "Add lower leagues to an existing structure"

Does anybody on here know a possible solution that allows me to verify the created leagues and competitions and make them available for use in-game. I am willing to share the file with anybody who wants to mess around and see if they can figure out a solution! Thanks in advance guys.

20170820213754_1.jpg

Have you added lower leagues to "competitions" list under "Ireland" nation section?

It's possible to have 'back up' teams in a league? I refers that one club don't participe that a league for a season and return in next.

In Argentina's structure is normal that some clubs don't participe every years in officials leagues. They may be disenrolled or exclude by its own decision, or also for relegation in lowers leagues (like 'Primera D' or 'Federal C', for who have a better understanding of the argentinian system).

Hey, I'm making a UK League database right now but it seems to have a problem with the continental qualification. For example Celtic might finish last in the first division but they still qualify for Champions League and there are some random teams from lower divisions qualifying for Champions/Europa league. I don't know what is wrong. 

UK League Database 2.0_5E45233E-86AA-47C4-9903-D0A17CD9841C.fmf

Hello everybody, I want some help with the advanced editor please..

All I want is to remove the qualification stage of Champions Cup (UEFA Champions League).The rest competition's stages and all the rules, I want them to remain the same(seedings,draws,times,etc). I want 32 specific for the group stages.

I've tried by removing the qualifications from advanced editor,but in game i got this message :''this competition has not scheduled yet''.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks in advance

I have a problem with my custom Cup.

The Cup consists of 2 stages (which i need) and everything works like it should work - except the qualification for the Europa League. Instead of taking the winner of the whole competition it takes the winner of the first stage every time. I tried different things but nothing seems to work for me. I just don't know where exactly i have to take the correct adjustment.

Is anyone familiar with this and can help me? I think its pretty simple but i'm just too stupid for that. That drives me crazy. Looking for hours now.

1.png

2.png

1 hour ago, krlenjushka said:

set ranking levels under every round. winner is 0, runner up 1, semi final losers 2 , winners max 0/ min 1 and so on...

First of all: thank you for your reply. I previously had the settings only for the Final. Now i added it, maybe correctly, but im not sure, for all rounds of the second stage and all rounds of the first stage. But it still don't work. If you have a guide or an example it would maybe be easier that way. But if it is not the case i show you my options here.

The first one shows the final competition stage. This works because this was the necessesary option for me to show cup winners and runner up correctly in the history tab. The question is: are the numbers for Semi Final correct? And what are the options for the last round of stage one? 0/1 or the increment of the following stage?

The second picture shows SemiFinal, then comes the QuarterFinal. The last picture is the last round of the first stage. If i understand the ranking levels correctly, then the Current Position of the Winner and the best possible position, the highest ranking, have always to be 0. The lowest ranking have to be the current ranking of the loser of the next round. Right?

But this still don't work. Maybe there is something else missing? What still distracts me is that the correct winner is shown in the competition history. I mean why the hell the game is using another team then the cup winner for european competition?

Final.png

SemiFinal.png

QuarterFinal.png

4th.png

Right now i use it to show stage 1 as preliminary and to delete yellow cards. So just cosmetic. But it is my first try and initially i wanted to have 2 different qualification stages (like in UCL) for the main round. Because it didn't work i tried to simplify and get a simple system to run. But it seems no matter what i do, it doesnt work. Maybe the Cup winner is taken from stage with index 0 everytime and i cant change that. Thats why i am asking here.

My cup later should have about 20 different rounds and it would be better, if they are grouped in different stages. But yes, i thought about making a simple cup too because i want to play.

On 22/8/2017 at 05:17, joaquin87 said:

It's possible have 'back up' teams in a league? I refers that one club don't participe that a league for a season and return in next.

In Argentina's structure is normal that some clubs don't participe every years in officials leagues. They may be disenrolled or exclude by its own decision, or also for relegation in lowers leagues (like 'Primera D' or 'Federal C', for who have a better understanding of the argentinian system).

:onmehead:

On 22.8.2017. at 10:17, joaquin87 said:

It's possible have 'back up' teams in a league? I refers that one club don't participe that a league for a season and return in next.

you can use "ignore teams" option or "get random teams from division" with X number of teams.

Right now i use it to show stage 1 as preliminary and to delete yellow cards. So just cosmetic. But it is my first try and initially i wanted to have 2 different qualification stages (like in UCL) for the main round. Because it didn't work i tried to simplify and get a simple system to run. But it seems no matter what i do, it doesnt work. Maybe the Cup winner is taken from stage with index 0 everytime and i cant change that. Thats why i am asking here.

My cup later should have about 20 different rounds and it would be better, if they are grouped in different stages. But yes, i thought about making a simple cup too because i want to play.

If you set ranking levels everything should work.

Later you can try to use "get contenental cup teams from this stage" under "general" section in stage.

Just untick this option for stage 0 and test again.

Hey guys, I posted this a while ago but it's been buried amongst everything. If anyone could help me out that would be great!

On 8/8/2017 at 16:20, joeseph145 said:

Hello,

I'm trying to change the dates of the Africa cup of nations for 2019 onward to the summer in line with the new changes. I tried adding international rules and setting the year to 2019 and the start and end months to June and July, however in the test save I've made the AfCON has just not happened in 2017 (which I expected) and 2019. Any advice and help to make this work would be greatly appreciated.

On 21/08/2017 at 14:34, krlenjushka said:

Have you added lower leagues to "competitions" list under "Ireland" nation section?

Thank you that was the problem however I am having another problem now which is possibly also easy to fix. I keep getting this error when i attempt to verify the rules, the Cork AUL league is a child competition and i cant figure out how to solve this. The rules for the parent competition are set.

20170904181116_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Change parent competitions and all child competitions to "overrider rules". You probably have "cobined with rules" settings now.

I have changed the parent competition to override rules but it still doesn't work, how do I change the child competitions to also override rules? I could send you the file if you want.

3 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Upload if you want but i dont have time now. Testing my own files for financial stability.

I'm not sure if this helps but it does say error in "Nation Rules" so do i have to change something in the nation? My last resort is having to send you the file as I know you're busy so does this help?

errrr.jpg

Hey guys,

I've been trying to edit continental cups so I can change their prize money. The way I found to do this is setting the competition to a nation, adding nation rules for that nation and going to the advanced editor to mess around with its settings. To be specific, I'm talking about Copa Libertadores and I'm using Chile as the home nation for the editing.

I can change the money and save the file with a successful rules testing. But when I load a game and start playing, the competition never starts, no fixtures are generated and there's no club registered to it. I tried to manually setting the registered teams for the first year, but that doesn't do any good.

Does anyone know how can I solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Hello to all

I am practicing with the advanced rules,
with whom I am creating a championship with a new structure

the highest division has two groups of 20 teams each

Regarding the relegation, the lasts will go down directly
while the 18th and 19th of each group would cross to the playout

However, despite my many attempts, verified within the game,
I can not impose that teams in the 18th place, meet those at the 19th place of the other group

I'm going so crazy, but everytime there is a problem

someone could help me, please?

thanks in advance!

Hello,

I am working on developing some lower leagues for the Mexican league. I created the 2nd Division with an Opening and Closing Stages, with 1 promotion position that will be defined in a match between the winner of each stage. So far everything works fine.

The issue is the following, in this division there are several B teams that are not allowed for promotion. I have set the corresponding flags. These teams should not participate in the playoffs in each stage (opening/closing). For the opening stage, it works fine. But for the closing stage, the flags are ignored and B teams are allowed to go to the playoffs and sometimes get promoted. I have been making several changes but it is in a point where I don't know what else to do. 

I have uploaded the file hoping that someone can help me learn what is wrong and how to correct it.

Thank you in advance!

Mx D I 3_B8ECF0AC-81CC-40FC-801E-205903760AB7.fmf

Hi, Italian Serie B squad registration rules are as follow

2w256bo.png

Spoiler

2w256bo.png

In real life from 2017-18 season they change from Over-21 to Over-23. I can easily change in advanced editor from "Maximum of 20 Over-21 Players" to "Maximum of 20 Over-23 Players", but I can't find any way to exclude the Club Icon Players. Any one can help me? Cannot find any rules talking about Icon Playes, are they hardcoded? Thanks in advance for your help

I’m tearing my hair out. 

I have amended the FIFA League of Nations that I downloaded from here to include continental cups.  

What I want is the continental cup winners and runners up to go to a World Cup at the end of the season but I don’t know how to qualify them. 

Im using the World Cup in an advanced competition rule and I am totally stuck.  It will either qualify random teams OR qualify no one. 

HELP??!

On 12/09/2017 at 21:18, FCCK said:

Hello,

I am working on developing some lower leagues for the Mexican league. I created the 2nd Division with an Opening and Closing Stages, with 1 promotion position that will be defined in a match between the winner of each stage. So far everything works fine.

The issue is the following, in this division there are several B teams that are not allowed for promotion. I have set the corresponding flags. These teams should not participate in the playoffs in each stage (opening/closing). For the opening stage, it works fine. But for the closing stage, the flags are ignored and B teams are allowed to go to the playoffs and sometimes get promoted. I have been making several changes but it is in a point where I don't know what else to do. 

I have uploaded the file hoping that someone can help me learn what is wrong and how to correct it.

Thank you in advance!

Mx D I 3_B8ECF0AC-81CC-40FC-801E-205903760AB7.fmf

Can anyone help?

Hi there I have been using the advanced editor to make the isle of silly league, that ,only has two teams, the issue is i created scilly a new nation not ranked. Both teams in the league qualify for Europe even though it has been set so no teams qualify, does anyone know how to stop this happening. In the league rules there is no continental qualification, however on the finance screen there is FFP, and we enter the start of next season.   

Thanks in advance!

cometitions.png

league rules.png

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to reward the teams (with cash) for playing U21 domestic players on a match-rate?

I've found the the advanced rules/(nation)/Fixture Rules/Squad Reward Rules panel, but other than rewarding the 1st appearance of an U21 domestic player, I couldn't set up anything else.

I've tried to set it up like this:

youth_reward_editor.thumb.png.66d7d407a9046255d210d9ff2ab4ac9c.png

But in-game it appeared like this:

youth_reward_game.thumb.png.2c70550f7dfce7eb2cd309b13e377d26.png

Please tell me if I did a mistake or if it is a bug that should be reported!

Thx for help in advance!

Roland

• KUBI locked this topic
  • Wolf_pd unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Wolf_pd unpinned this topic

Archived