Advanced rules FM 2017 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

This can be done using "number of extra lower division teams to be promoted" option under competition section.

Also you should make 2 instances of second and third league with start/end year set (first instance: start 2016-end 2016/  second instance:  start 2017).

This will work for second league but im not sure about third because i had problems with this in past when i used this on leagues with sub-divisions.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to set up additional stages in a nation rules for teams in different positions in sub divisions to qualify for different stages of a combined competition in the second stage of the season. I want teams 1st-3rd to qualify for champions playoff, 4th-6th for a Second Competition in a separate stage, 7th-9th and so on. 

Ive set up using qualification rules in the sub division, and set up stages with separate indexes, but when I load the game up, only 1 additional stage is being set up. Been attempting to work this out for months and I'm not getting anywhere - could use some help @Dave Fairbairn?

I'm having a problem where group stages are being drawn immediately following the final match of the previous round, instead of at a later date which I've set in the editor.

For example I've set the group stage draw for Friday 6th September at 3pm, but the draw is instead happening automatically at 9:39pm on Wednesday 10th August after the final whistle. This means I can't even view the draw as it happens.

Hi there, i'm newbie here

I'm not able to find answer to my question, i hope to solve my doubt here.

I want to modify foreign goalkeeper rules in chinese super league and put it to unlimited.

Do i have to set all transfer rule settings to configure gooalkeeper limit? Can i change just that one keeping others as always?

If not, can i found somewhere default transfer rule values so i can just copy them (except the gooalkeeper one)?

Thanks en advance

Hi guys, I'm trying to change some UEFA Champion League rules but can't find any good way to do it.

I've tried assigning it to a nation and edit that nation rule but the competition doesn't start in-game.

I've also seen @kingrobbo change the rules by editing Europe rules but after 6 hrs I still have no idea how to get to that. Can anybody give me some tips?

4 minutes ago, Lapillus said:

Hi guys, I'm trying to change some UEFA Champion League rules but can't find any good way to do it.

I've tried assigning it to a nation and edit that nation rule but the competition doesn't start in-game.

I've also seen @kingrobbo change the rules by editing Europe rules but after 6 hrs I still have no idea how to get to that. Can anybody give me some tips?

It really depends on what you're trying to do with the competition in terms of the format. If you want to change anything about it, you'll have to make it from scratch while using the real rules as a guideline on what to put where.

23 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

It really depends on what you're trying to do with the competition in terms of the format. If you want to change anything about it, you'll have to make it from scratch while using the real rules as a guideline on what to put where.

So I have to recreate the whole competition? Here the thread where I see him do it.

1 minute ago, Lapillus said:

So I have to recreate the whole competition? Here the thread where I see him do it.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it still needs to be recreated. Basically the real rules is just there for you to use as a guideline, or at least I'm 90% sure it is. As far as I'm aware I don't think you can export the competition and import it into a new file, but it may be worth a shot.

Good day all!

Can anyone help me out by answering how (if possible) I can make my favorite team BANNED from participating in the Champions League (Euro league too) for the next 2 years? EVEN if I manage to make them champions?

CSKA SOFIA received a BAN for the next 2 years, so I want to make a fresh start with them, by applying this rule. So it can be more realistic ... ;)

On 7/21/2017 at 20:30, Lapillus said:

what you want to change?

Any idea how I would create a competition that allows for multiple "honors" in a season?

I'm trying to replicate the US system where there are two conferences in a league, under the following rules: a team wins their conference by finishing top of the league in points, and then plays the other conference champion in a playoff to determine the overall league champion. If a team wins the Eastern Conference, and then beats the Western conference champion in the playoff, under club honors I'd like the game to recognize them as both the East champions and the overall league champions.

I'm using regionalized groups, so I guess the easiest way to ask this is "is there a way to have a won group show up under club honors"?

14 minutes ago, bdavies26 said:

Any idea how I would create a competition that allows for multiple "honors" in a season?

I'm trying to replicate the US system where there are two conferences in a league, under the following rules: a team wins their conference by finishing top of the league in points, and then plays the other conference champion in a playoff to determine the overall league champion. If a team wins the Eastern Conference, and then beats the Western conference champion in the playoff, under club honors I'd like the game to recognize them as both the East champions and the overall league champions.

I'm using regionalized groups, so I guess the easiest way to ask this is "is there a way to have a won group show up under club honors"?

Try to add groups as stages 0 and 1 and add "other competition to use" for both stages.

5 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Try to add groups as stages 0 and 1 and add "other competition to use" for both stages.

I've tried to set it up so stage 0 in the league (usa_level4) pulls the groups, then qualifies the teams for the respective conferences. Stage 1 is the actual league, which uses usa_level4east and usa_level4west as other competitions. Now I'm getting an error when I test competitions that says "stage in usa_level4 uses sub competition usa_level4east which isn't set to be another competition used by usa_level4". I have set east and west to be child comps of usa_level4. Not sure what the problem is now?

11 hours ago, bdavies26 said:

I've tried to set it up so stage 0 in the league (usa_level4) pulls the groups, then qualifies the teams for the respective conferences. Stage 1 is the actual league, which uses usa_level4east and usa_level4west as other competitions. Now I'm getting an error when I test competitions that says "stage in usa_level4 uses sub competition usa_level4east which isn't set to be another competition used by usa_level4". I have set east and west to be child comps of usa_level4. Not sure what the problem is now?

Not sure. Upload your file and i will take a look when i find some free time

12 hours ago, hoangtan1998 said:

Is there any way to block clubs qualified for other competitions from entering, like rules of Intertoto Cup?

I think you could do "all teams qualified for comp [x]" and then  check ignore teams?

A few small questions, any idea guys?

1. I started a save with San Marino Calcio (Serie D) and modified La Fiorita (San Marino League) as my B team. Everything's working as planned, but can't get La Fiorita to qualify to continental competitions from San Marino League. I think the reason is in EL and CL rules as I modified some club rules which may would have prevented this also, does anyone know for sure?

2. How to change international eligibility rules? I'd like to try 3 or 4 years instead of current 5, and take off the age limit..

Here is a bit of a pickle...

This is the setup: I have several competitions setup, which send qualifiers to a "Championship" competition. However, most of the teams go on holiday (or vacation) AFTER the first competition and BEFORE the Championship competition is played which means the teams that qualify are forced to play with "Gray" players. 

On 7/27/2017 at 16:42, Uncle_Sam said:

Here is a bit of a pickle...

This is the setup: I have several competitions setup, which send qualifiers to a "Championship" competition. However, most of the teams go on holiday (or vacation) AFTER the first competition and BEFORE the Championship competition is played which means the teams that qualify are forced to play with "Gray" players. 

Is this championship competition parent comp or totaly separate?

1 doubt regarding xml files (when adding players for example):

Some attributes have random numbers that I can't really make sense of:

db_random_id and db_unique_id

When I create a player he is given a db_unique_id but they are somewhat random (not consecutive, not even close)

And db_random_id is given for every field from name to dates or attributes.

If I were to generate these somehow with some script/java program would I just add some high random numbers? Something to figure out here?

And are there any tools for generating xml files like these? From Excel or .txt data. I remember someone creating a thread about something similar at some point.

On 30/07/2017 at 18:53, wkdsoul said:

Forgot to check if my "created" by team can be promoted before i started a save. anyway to change the fact they dont? with the ingame or 'other' editors? 

Not in an already running game - before starting, you should be able to amend this using the editor.

15 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Not in an already running game - before starting, you should be able to amend this using the editor.

Yeah, i had a look :(

I'm gonna use FMRTE or this game to see if i can make it an affiliate before season end, and then change it back after the season update or my u18 will trounce the league they are in every year. (Highland Div).

Can someone please tell or even show me how to edit prize money for continental competitions ? I suffer from a reading disability and so the FAQ honestly makes no sense to me.

I would like to know how to edit prize money for the AFC Cup in asia, please if anyone can help.

thanks

Hello, a few questions about Advanced editor.

So, I have a custom international league, with a few stages: qualification, group stage and play-off.

1) I can't apply fixture rules for the competition. I want to set something similar with European CL, 25 players in squad and two registration windows. I created a fixture rule in Continent Europe, set there my competition, and also set the same fixture rule index (0) in my competition. But the rule doesn't apply.

2) Awards don't work. At the beginning I tried to copy some awards from existed competitions, but they still had the same names and they didn't work. Then I've tried to create new awards, but they are not displaying in the game.

3) How to add history to the game? So, in the game section "Past winniers" is empty, I see there only winners that I added before in the editor. One complicated thing, that I have to add winners from final cup stage, not from a general group championship (I have 14 teams in one group and then top 8 teams play playoff). Any ideas?

4) And if it is possible, would be nice to add "Season preview" for a custom competition stage, with bookmaker odds (like in domestic divisions)

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm trying to change the dates of the Africa cup of nations for 2019 onward to the summer in line with the new changes. I tried adding international rules and setting the year to 2019 and the start and end months to June and July, however in the test save I've made the AfCON has just not happened in 2017 (which I expected) and 2019. Any advice and help to make this work would be greatly appreciated.

I would appreciate some help with a database for FM 2017 that I'm creating.

It is based on the soviet league structure, as follows:

• top league (2 relegated)
  • first league (2 promoted, 3 relegated)
  • second league (composed of 9 child leagues, that should divide at season end into 3no groups of 3 teams each, with the winner of each group being promoted to the first league)

My problem is with the promotion of the second league teams. I cannot for the life of me managed to make the parent competition promote 3 clubs at season's end. Not only I cannot manage to make the winner of the child leagues move into the group stage, but even by trying a desperate thing (make promotion dependant on average points) I cannot make it work. My work file is attached to this message. Any help would be much appreciated.

jmlima_SU_FM2017.zip

hi

i have two groups in stage 0 with 10 teams in per groups and 8 teams qualify to stage 1 (4 teams per group)

i want

1st in group A against 4th in Group B

2st in group A against 3th in Group B

4st in group A against 2th in Group B

4st in group A against 1th in Group B

please help me what should i do?

9 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

In stage 1, in round 0 - set fixed draw 1x2, 3x4.

In teams section of stage 1 - set "get qualified teams from stage 0"

In general section of stage 1 set team order like this:

0, 7, 1, 6, 5, 2, 4, 3

hi dear friend

i do that but failed

please see pictures

doesnt need edit "team mappings from previous league/group stage"?

or editing "cup match mappings" in round 0?

ScreenHunter 539.jpg

ScreenHunter 540.jpg

ScreenHunter 541.jpg

1 hour ago, peymanch said:

hi dear friend

i do that but failed

please see pictures

doesnt need edit "team mappings from previous league/group stage"?

or editing "cup match mappings" in round 0?

ScreenHunter 539.jpg

ScreenHunter 540.jpg

ScreenHunter 541.jpg

it's solved

just how can i determination which team second leg at home?

1 hour ago, peymanch said:

hi

why "use Runner-Up team as backup" in qualifying team isn't working?

Probably its broken option- not sure i dont use that option.

About second leg home issue- you can use "dont randomize home and away team" option. Its under draw rules also..

40 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Probably its broken option- not sure i dont use that option.

About second leg home issue- you can use "dont randomize home and away team" option. Its under draw rules also..

thanks my friend

and one question more

i add club continental rules and convert to advanced but i want now revert to basic rules to change season update day

what should i do that rules not lose?

21 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Dont change season update day - just change setup date in that continental cup

i do that but still give this error

"Ligue 1 has not finish in time for the season update day 19/6/2019"

my setup date is 25-July-2000!

3 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

upload your file

before that please help me

my game didn't go to main menu and crash before that

disable my mouse and keyboard

only i ticked "Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences"

clear caches and preference and graphic folder but still doesn't go to main menu!

20170813_005610.jpg

Archived