Advanced rules FM 2017 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked into the real rules but because my competitions are structured differently to the current setup, it's been really confusing to follow.

For example if I set the fates "set competition, losing team, Europa League" and "add team to cup stage, losing team, Europa League, stage 2", then add an extra 16 team spaces/matches to the total of the Europa 3rd qualifying round to accommodate the UCL dropouts, instead of adding the losing teams it's grabbing teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern, who aren't even in the 3rd qualifying round of the UCL.

My problem is kinda similar to Carlito85... I want to create a Super Cup which occurs a week after the Champions League final, between the loser (e.g Atletico Madrid last year) and the winner of Europa League (Sevilla). I don't know how to set the date to occur a week after the final, or at least not clash with it. Please help me.

Besides, does anyone know how to create a world manager award? This has been bugging me every version of FM together with lack of Europa League awards.

Thank you in advance!

8 hours ago, hienhoanc11 said:

My problem is kinda similar to Carlito85... I want to create a Super Cup which occurs a week after the Champions League final, between the loser (e.g Atletico Madrid last year) and the winner of Europa League (Sevilla). I don't know how to set the date to occur a week after the final, or at least not clash with it. Please help me.

Besides, does anyone know how to create a world manager award? This has been bugging me every version of FM together with lack of Europa League awards.

Thank you in advance!

Did you set the requirements in the Super Cup stage? Make sure that the final stage of the Champions League is set to finish before the Super Cup begins, that should fix it.

Edit: I think I've solved the competition awards issue lol. Didn't see the awards type section on the left hand side of the editor. Derp!

Hello,

I have a little question!

I would change something on the FIFA World Cup Qualifying Section.

That the second place of each group plays against another second place of other groups. but i can try all I want every single time this message come:

Unbenannt.png

What am I doing wrong?

Settings for all groups:

Unbenannt2.png

Qualified Teams for this round:

Unbenannt3.png

9 hours ago, andelafitrilya said:

Hello all,

I'm editing Indonesian League, but somehow all the out-of-contract players (including amateurs) cannot be selected

20170402175947_1.thumb.jpg.3c718bac3aaa86fa8cc66f5b13d08c86.jpg

Can someone help me? I attached my editor file as well. Thanks!

Indonesia Mulai_4B758324-F4F0-4763-85EE-9104F0A6E68A.fmf

You need probably to change the contract types for the Indonesian League. It's part of the Indonesian nation rules.

What exactly did you change in your file?

21 hours ago, KUBI said:

You need probably to change the contract types for the Indonesian League. It's part of the Indonesian nation rules.

What exactly did you change in your file?

The problem happens after I change the fixture type. In the file above I set them to these

20170404013851_1.thumb.jpg.215db84bb8c67b5069c14b2fffc74567.jpg

20170404013900_1.thumb.jpg.65bade3e6f5f22dd998e87d5c9aeb959.jpg

Then last night I delete all the fixture rules, and it works fine in the game, minus the squad selection rules...

So I experiment a bit and create a new fixture rules, below:

20170404013638_1.thumb.jpg.d24e0be1909a8ef8eae2965cfbaf89a4.jpg

20170404013658_1.thumb.jpg.9bde72ec9a11355c56992ecf6995cfd6.jpg

Now it works, but I still does't know what's wrong with the first setup.

but Where is the "contract types" section in nation rules though? I didn't found it.

Thank you :D

20170404015233_1.thumb.jpg.7f540f75a0b7bd75ee87b510384081ed.jpg

Trying to change European competitions so that clubs do not get the benefit of TV money (or for top divisons)

Really struggling to work out how to do this. I've tried googling but can't get anywhere (honest!)

Here's what I try:

1) Add nation rules

2) Add England

3) Add Premier Division (if I try converting to advanced it says at least 1 division must be added)

4) Convert to Advanced

5) Go down to prize money - there's nothing there!

Please help or point me in direction of existing edited database pleeeeeeeeease.

How do i go about on creating a separate league division. like amateur leagues that have no promotion to the pyramid but have promotion/relegation within its own lower divisions

League A - League A1 

↨         -       ↨

League B - League B1 

Is there any way of having a league contain more teams for one season, for example the Premier League having 22 teams incorporating the Old Firm for 16/17, to drop back to 20 teams in 17/18; with relegations for that one season set up like the 94/95 Premier League season when the league initially dropped to 20 teams.

1. Is there a way to edit a certain club's foreign transfer policy? Like for example I make a save in the Philippines and my club only wants to get Japanese foreign players.

2. Is there a way to edit the 3+1 foreigner rule in Asia when making a new competition. For example I would like to limit my clubs to have 3 foreigners +1 foreigner from Asia.

Would appreciate all the help.

Yesterday the Football League annouced from next season clubs will be have to name at least one club-developed player in the match-day squad. A club-developed player is defined as one who has been registered to the club for at least a year before the end of his under-19 season. How could I add this to fixture rules? The closest I can see is three years at a clubs between 0 and 21.

Hello.

Would anybody be able to help me I really want to start a Long term save in the Czech Republic but I don't want the wage cap in place that is part of the rules for the league can somebody advise how I can edit this out please.

Hi,

I've created the portuguese lower divisions, and i have some minor problems.

There is some few competitions that dont recognize the right winner, 3 regional division with this problem, and 3 regional cups that dont regist the winner

Also, dont all the competitions change the number of participants when some teams are relegate from the national competitions.

There is another bug, sometimes when i try to validate the file that says 1 division is not ending at the end of season.

FMPT Portugal Completo v1_509DA6B5-C46C-45D2-8622-21CFFF12350C.fmf

Is there a guide anywhere explaining what Stadium 0 - Stadium 12 actually means when selecting stadiums for a fixture? 

I'm making a county cup and the final should always be at Hereford's ground but I don't want to set it to Edgar Street so it will still be at Hereford's ground if they move to a new ground in a save. Setting it to the biggest stadium from the teams in the competition, the team in the highest league or the highest reputation will have the same effect if these are possible although I think none of these are possible.

Hi,

I got a question, if i made a regional division, but i added the wrong teams to it (teams that are not in that region) would it be filtered at the start of the game? (for example the regional divisions are on the same heigth in the competition, so would it change them up, so they are in the right division?)

Thanks in adavance! :)

Joagamecube

5 hours ago, Joagamecube said:

Hi,

I got a question, if i made a regional division, but i added the wrong teams to it (teams that are not in that region) would it be filtered at the start of the game? (for example the regional divisions are on the same heigth in the competition, so would it change them up, so they are in the right division?)

It depends how you did set the regional bounderies for the divisions. The game does usually not shuffle teams in sub-divisions for the first season, but when the second season starts. But if the boundaries are set very strict (with both regional bounderies and regional competitions set for the clubs) it should shuffle teams that are set in the wrong div.

I am trying to re-create the World Cup and all the other major international finals (Euros, Gold Cup, Copa, AFCON, etc.) as well as qualifiers for these cups and am having trouble with the advanced international rules on the Editor. When teams are being drawn into the group stages, I want it to be set up the same way as it originally is in the unedited version, with teams being separated by seeding/pots by their FIFA world ranking. Currently in my version, I have been unable to separate them by seed/pot/world ranking. So for example, Germany, Argentina, Spain, and Brazil could all be drawn into the same World Cup group even if they are all in the top 8 teams in the world rankings. If anyone could show/explain to me how to use the advanced international rules editor to seed teams properly, that would be great!

I've created a custom league and players in the editor where I overwrote a previously existing nation. I've got a major problem when doing an in-game test where not a single one of the players I've created will play in league games, only in cups and friendlies. There aren't any rules preventing them from playing since there's no "ineligible" markers, but the only people who play are greyed-out players that don't exist. Is this a bug that I should be reporting?

On 4/16/2017 at 13:48, bpeth said:

I am trying to re-create the World Cup and all the other major international finals (Euros, Gold Cup, Copa, AFCON, etc.) as well as qualifiers for these cups and am having trouble with the advanced international rules on the Editor. When teams are being drawn into the group stages, I want it to be set up the same way as it originally is in the unedited version, with teams being separated by seeding/pots by their FIFA world ranking. Currently in my version, I have been unable to separate them by seed/pot/world ranking. So for example, Germany, Argentina, Spain, and Brazil could all be drawn into the same World Cup group even if they are all in the top 8 teams in the world rankings. If anyone could show/explain to me how to use the advanced international rules editor to seed teams properly, that would be great!

Here are some pics of the international qualifier draws. The NAGC one is how my edited advanced rules currently looks. The European WCQ one is how it is when left unedited and how I want my draws to look in my edited advanced rules.

2017-04-16.png

2017-04-20.png

Hi All,
Need help using the PRE GAME EDITOR.

How do I edit the asian champions league, so that the winner of the North Korean top league enters the asian champions league. I'm assuming I would need to take a spot away from another asian league but am not sure how this is done. (I have downloaded the north korean leagues from a third party)

hi guys..

currently I have a plan to create a custom tournament involving an u23 team for club from the same continent. (similar to Italian youth invitational format). the problem is I cant seem to find the right competition type for it (international friendly, club finals, etc) .is there any custom rules available that have similar setup where I can learn the structure?

Quick question on merging fmf files.  Do we know which takes precedent when importing? 

I.e will info from the imported file always overwrite anything in the first file? or will it just take information it can find, like when loading mutiple files in alphanumeric into the game? 

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a new season of Champions league football on editor data to include 5 English teams assuming Manchester United win the Europa League and don't finish in the top 4, which is looking quite likely in real life. I've added Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool and Manchester City in as registered teams for the champions league and United as Europa League winners yet when I go to start a new game it has City in a Europa League playoff and Liverpool in a Champions league best placed playoff. But I have all 5 teams registered for champions league football. Is there any way round this?

Feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Hello,

Is it possible to change  the labels from the knock-out rounds competitions ? For instance, after the Champions League stage group, I would to change the knock-out rounds from the current labels to semi-finals, quarter-finals and so on. Same for Europe League and other competitions. And if its possible, is it only with the pre-editor ?

Thanks

Hi! I just started using the editor, and I wanted to recreate the Serie A's and Serie B's structure from scratch. I wanted to make two different playoffs in the Serie A, the first between 4th and 5th place to qualify to the Champions League Playoffs Round, the second between 7th and 10th place to qualify to the Europa League Playoffs Round. I wanted to know if it's possible to have two different playoffs in one competition, and if so, how to do it. Please help me!

Thanks

EDIT: I'll leave a picture of how I'd want the competition to work. 

screenshot_64.png

• 2 weeks later...

someone mentioned this in another thread..

U can add the league/team rules so they get one u23/u18 etc etc for youth intakes and straight swapping of the youth or change Impact Academy to a B team with the same rules/effect.  I have NYC Athletic setup in Division 6 for New York City as a B team for the same thing.

How do i go about doing this in the pre game editor for the database?

On 5/1/2017 at 15:07, Lucapetrh said:

Hi! I just started using the editor, and I wanted to recreate the Serie A's and Serie B's structure from scratch. I wanted to make two different playoffs in the Serie A, the first between 4th and 5th place to qualify to the Champions League Playoffs Round, the second between 7th and 10th place to qualify to the Europa League Playoffs Round. I wanted to know if it's possible to have two different playoffs in one competition, and if so, how to do it. Please help me!

Thanks

EDIT: I'll leave a picture of how I'd want the competition to work. 

screenshot_64.png

You need to go step by step here. I dont know about serie a rules but some of this options are in advanced panel.

Answer to your first question - yes you can have 2 playoffs in 1 competition. Make stages 1 and 2 (stage 0 is your default league stage) and qualify teams from specific positions to stage 1 / stage 2.

Its gonna be difficult for you if you dont have basic knowlege about advanced editor.

Can i ask - why you wanna recreate everything?

15 hours ago, Pescador Parrudo said:

How can i create playoffs with 3 ou more games like NBA for example?

You have "series rules" option under round section:

Qfh8ruT.png

I dont know anything about this option - you can try and see how it works

20 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

someone mentioned this in another thread..

U can add the league/team rules so they get one u23/u18 etc etc for youth intakes and straight swapping of the youth or change Impact Academy to a B team with the same rules/effect.  I have NYC Athletic setup in Division 6 for New York City as a B team for the same thing.

How do i go about doing this in the pre game editor for the database?

So basically what is happening is i downloaded a database for USL.. I am playing as Ottawa Fury but due to the hardcode for FM i cant add the Academy to the left side panel so i was told to add league rules for a U18 league but not sure how to do that in fm pregame editor

On 15/5/2017 at 02:23, krlenjushka said:

You need to go step by step here. I dont know about serie a rules but some of this options are in advanced panel.

Answer to your first question - yes you can have 2 playoffs in 1 competition. Make stages 1 and 2 (stage 0 is your default league stage) and qualify teams from specific positions to stage 1 / stage 2.

Its gonna be difficult for you if you dont have basic knowlege about advanced editor.

Can i ask - why you wanna recreate everything?

I'd like to recreate everything because there's this debate in Italy that is based on the fact that Serie A isn't competitive as it used to be in the past, and one of the reasons is that there are at least 10 teams in Italy that each year stop playing in March becuase they already have secured promotion. I'd like to have a real competitive league where every match should be as important as a final, a competition where you could be fighting for Europa League on week 33 and to not get relegated the week after.

Hi Guys,

I have a little problem. I want to test my Editor Skills. So i want to create the UEFA Champions League as accurately as possible as the right UCL.

Can this be so, or do I have to add each Playoff participant individually?

Unbenannt.png

I don't know if this topic has been discussed since lots of posts. I'm trying to change the prize money for Allsvenskan and Superettan in Swedish league. But it doesn't apply ingame even though I edited and changed the final standing prize money. Is there something I've missed? 

I want to replace FC Edmonton in the Canadian Championship tournament.. So basically what i want to do is remove FC Edmonton and move my Canadian team to MLS. My Question is how do i remove FC Edmonton and add my new MLS team?

Friends, im trying to create a new Asian Champions League, and to do so, i cant understand the Seed logic... Im trying to put CHina Japan and Korea with one team each direct in the group stage, but the game still pick a random team and the 'seed number' is the same as nothing... What can i do?

Thx

Obs: The Japanese champion is not even in the ACL :| i dont understand

1.png

Good Morning,

At the moment I am using a patch to play the Maltese League and I want to create another nation such as Yugoslavia, but when I try to go to the nation rules, there is still Malta written down. How can I arrange it so I can create another nation? Attached please find a picture of my Editor.

FM.thumb.jpg.ddf3752aed61ef2719c5fdaf18485cb7.jpg

I have my academy team for my youth intakes for my main squad but when i go to sign them it says i have to wait for the domestic players to be drafted but i have my academy set as a feeder club... with my main squad being the first to buy am i doing something wrong?

Working on making a CPL in fm17..  how do i add a salary cap of 1.5 million per team in the fm pre game editor? Also I was told that CPL is supposed to be like in between USL level and MLS level to put that in pre game is that the reputation section for the league in the pre game editor?

http://www.wakingthered.com/2017/5/12/15628730/canadian-premier-league-cpl-soccer-hamilton-winnipeg-canpl

Hi, I've asked this question in a separate thread but didn't get any answers. 

I have a small cup competition of 8 teams, quarter final, semi final, final. Simple enough and it works great. 

My issue is that I want to watch every match and the game defaults to playing every match at 8PM on the same day, so I can only watch one quarter final and one semi final. 

How do I move an individual match? I've tried multiple, match dates, fixtures, offset dates but nothing changes my fixtures from 8PM on the same day.

I've been at this for hours and hours, someone must know?

It works if you set offset dates the right way. You can set the day and the match time by using the -1 or +1, which means some matches are played the day before or the day after.

Hello! 

I downloaded a database with 4 Chinese divisions, and I manually added playoffs to them. However, when I test the rules in the editor, it says that "Match date in China League One (Monday 1st January 1900) lies outside competition date range March 2016 to December 2016". I have playoffs set up similar to the English league system (3rd - 6th place play for one promotion spot) in Chinese League One through Chinese Third Division (which are level 2 through 4, below the Super League). I have failed to resolve this issue myself (I read that the playoff dates may be the cause but I can't figure out how to correct it). Attached is said editor file, and it'll be nice for someone to guide me through this. 

Thanks in advance

4 divs china 5.2_6157839F-4365-443A-AC7F-235FD19D5A3A.fmf

Archived