Advanced rules FM 2017 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

23 minutes ago, Briixx said:

So you have set it to year 2100 that Brexit will happen in-game, and are now simming for 10 years to see if it has worked? Just to understand the test you are making :D

Yes :D

Stopping every 25th November to see if I get the announcement. Running English leagues only, small database as my laptop will take bout half hour a season that way!

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Yes :D

Stopping every 25th November to see if I get the announcement. Running English leagues only, small database as my laptop will take bout half hour a season that way!

Interesting, please post your findings :D

1 hour ago, yan33 said:

This error occurs when placing the League of Brazil in "Advanced Rules".

FMerro.png

Getting the same issue whenever I try to use the Advanced Rules. No matter what country.

I also try to unlock the Lithuania league system but I am struggling with the Championship round. I have gotten the right amount of teams (6 of 8 total) in the Championship round but I can't get it right where the points from the first 28 fixtures is applied into the Championship round. Do someone know where I can fix this? Can't really find an alternative in advanced rules that seems right.

E: Nevermind. Got the championship round right now! And I got absolutely no idea how I fixed it. :|

Guys, how do I select the four teams with the highest reputation from a region?

Let's say Angus, you've got Dundee, Dundee Utd, Forfar, Brechin, Monstrose and Arbroath. How might the four biggest clubs join a competition? Bearing in mind they are playing in different leagues?

7 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

So after simming I had this in 2020:

c43a58ca7bf1c7399dc38700945a768f.png

Is this an actual Brexit outcome? I may sim again to see what happens.

I don't know. I'm mid 2021 as an unemployed, and I haven't had a notification yet, but I don't know if that's because I'm unemployed. 

Just now, Briixx said:

I don't know. I'm mid 2021 as an unemployed, and I haven't had a notification yet, but I don't know if that's because I'm unemployed. 

Add a manager on each 25th November, its what I've been doing. Also when added, try signing a few zero cap players of different ages/nationalities, see what it says.

2 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Add a manager on each 25th November, its what I've been doing. Also when added, try signing a few zero cap players of different ages/nationalities, see what it says.

Ok, I'll try that. But I changed my date to 29th July, because the game I'm testing atm is one, where I tried to set the notification date as soon as possible. I got rid of the rest, and set 2016 as the year it would happen and the date to 29th July. Suffice to say nothing happened the first year, but now I'm trying to just sim it out, see what happens. But I'll try to do what you say :D

Hi Guys

Haven't used editor in a long while (since 03/04 season) and in the process of creating a new club, players and staff. In the old editors the number '0' for the stats and attributes for the players/staff used to mean 'random' is this still the same or does it now  mean least/worst?

Thanks

Just now, devamo said:

Hi Guys

Haven't used editor in a long while (since 03/04 season) and in the process of creating a new club, players and staff. In the old editors the number '0' for the stats and attributes for the players/staff used to mean 'random' is this still the same or does it now  mean least/worst?

Thanks

Still random.

Second test, 2019:

f5d2f84a3de7c27912dbfec2fb9da550.png

Either I've got the absolute best outcome twice in a row or 2100 changes/confuses the set-up. Gonna start a proper save now, anyway. Sod's law I'll get hard Brexit on that :D

Great work mate. Looks like the best option so far

Just now, paddypower said:

Great work mate. Looks like the best option so far

Just be aware that when you start a game, England will look like this:

f45c5b3e4b74109848de7722bd45c843.png

But it is selected.

d7da50651489c91d29165ad6551164c5.png

This means you will have the main four English leagues loaded on a save as you can't select them, but you can remove them in manage leagues on the save once loaded.

4 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Attached is my edited file, to save you the bother of setting it all up. Its not been tested thoroughly (English leagues only, small db, holiday through the seasons) so up to you if you use it :)

brex_974304DC-1F9E-4510-BB55-BB544657B097.fmf

Great work mate. I'll take a look at it, and maybe try sim it myself, see if I get the same results.

Just now, Briixx said:

Great work mate. I'll take a look at it, and maybe try sim it myself, see if I get the same results.

Its always announced on the 25th November, so just a yearly holiday to then, and add a manager (it has a zero percent chance of happening in 2016 or 2017 so can skip those). I'd test more but its taking me half hour a season, and I'd like to play the game :D 

1 minute ago, harrycarrie said:

Its always announced on the 25th November, so just a yearly holiday to then, and add a manager (it has a zero percent chance of happening in 2016 or 2017 so can skip those). I'd test more but its taking me half hour a season, and I'd like to play the game :D 

Yeah I get that ;D Btw, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be possible to add the European Union under nations not treated as foreign in the editor, under England? And in that way counteract Brexit completely?

Just now, Briixx said:

Yeah I get that ;D Btw, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be possible to add the European Union under nations not treated as foreign in the editor, under England? And in that way counteract Brexit completely?

I've no idea, my knowledge of the editor basically amounts to setting all nations to 200 youth rating and as of last night, this :D

Curious about this, I have still not started downloading the editor, but I really do hate the hard brexit feature randomly happening in the game, the screenshot kingrobo shared was a nice find.

So did any tried making the percentage chance of it happening to 0% ?

4 minutes ago, Wells said:

Curious about this, I have still not started downloading the editor, but I really do hate the hard brexit feature randomly happening in the game, the screenshot kingrobo shared was a nice find.

So did any tried making the percentage chance of it happening to 0% ?

It seems to be hardcoded into the game, so it will happen regardless. I'm guessing a 0 percent chance will do the same as pushing it to 2100, make it 'not happen'. Gonna be about 5/6 days before I see it in my proper save.

Not exactly an advanced editor question, but is there no way to search quickly on this years editor? It's a bit of a pain to constantly have to click the filter arrow and then choose the 'name' filter. Much preferred the quick search box it always had.

Just a heads up on the Brexit situation. I think I found a way around it. In the editor under advanced rules, just untick the box that says leaving agreement. Furthermore I put the date to 1st July, and set the year to 2017 and 100%. Then I removed all other options, saved, ran the test rules (as you have to, to save advanced rules), saved again, started a game and BOOM, England is back in the european union. 

I hope that's the end of it, but I'm starting my save now. Just wanted to give a heads up to any other people who just wanna play with the same rules as in previous games.

27 minutes ago, Briixx said:

Just a heads up on the Brexit situation. I think I found a way around it. In the editor under advanced rules, just untick the box that says leaving agreement. Furthermore I put the date to 1st July, and set the year to 2017 and 100%. Then I removed all other options, saved, ran the test rules (as you have to, to save advanced rules), saved again, started a game and BOOM, England is back in the european union. 

I hope that's the end of it, but I'm starting my save now. Just wanted to give a heads up to any other people who just wanna play with the same rules as in previous games.

Nice man! If my save goes tits up I'll give that a go :D

1 hour ago, Briixx said:

I am doing a few other things/projects before I run a sim to test all together in game

with your test run when you holidayed in game how did it pan out for the other home nations did you remove the rules for them as well as I am thinking I have removed just England so in theory the rest of UK could Brexit in game??

The new editor will damage some older migrated files. I recommend to test it, by moving clubs from one division to another. In one of my older dbs this did a complete mess to all divisions.

38 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

I am doing a few other things/projects before I run a sim to test all together in game

with your test run when you holidayed in game how did it pan out for the other home nations did you remove the rules for them as well as I am thinking I have removed just England so in theory the rest of UK could Brexit in game??

I actually just ended up letting the Brexit happen, but getting the notification on July 1st. I changed every value in the countries to 1, and got the soft Brexit. It is apparently highly editable within the advanced rules. I just had to mess around a bit, to see what scenario different changes would make. 

42 minutes ago, Briixx said:

I actually just ended up letting the Brexit happen, but getting the notification on July 1st. I changed every value in the countries to 1, and got the soft Brexit. It is apparently highly editable within the advanced rules. I just had to mess around a bit, to see what scenario different changes would make. 

yep I posted the access to AR rules for this yesterday early on:)

havent run it yet other than a quick look at 2018 and it didnt kick in will run a big test with every file hopefully next weekend until 2050

as regards work permit rules you could always edit them but never have before might play with them a bit this year

usually I just set all european countries as part of EU and so nullifies a WP:onmehead:

like to keep the non european rules as is tho

some interesting rules in place when you take a look at some countries where they can treat non EU nations as part of EU 

a bit naughty really but it happens in real life

Hello,

I added playable English leagues of level 7&8 and inactive level 9 leagues for promotion and relegation.

Please help solving problem with FA Cup & FA Trophy.

As a default FA Cup have 160 clubs for these start round (2nd qual). As i understand comp chooses 4 clubs from each division of level 8 to participate in FA Cup 2nd qual round.

All i want is to make specific club from level 8 (wich i chooses for career) to participate in both Cups. How i can make it in editor?

1 hour ago, coolblooded said:

Hello,

I added playable English leagues of level 7&8 and inactive level 9 leagues for promotion and relegation.

Please help solving problem with FA Cup & FA Trophy.

As a default FA Cup have 160 clubs for these start round (2nd qual). As i understand comp chooses 4 clubs from each division of level 8 to participate in FA Cup 2nd qual round.

All i want is to make specific club from level 8 (wich i chooses for career) to participate in both Cups. How i can make it in editor?

I'm having the same problem!

Asking again

Hey

Im trying to change number of rounds in a league during a season from 2 to 1 . Spain and Italy worked like a charm but England makes my editor crash and Germany and France gives me this error: "FC Girondins de Bordeaux have played more than the max number of games in stage 0 of Ligue 1" In the german case its Dortmund instead of FC Girondins de Bordeaux.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I would be super happy if anyone could help me or give it a try! 

Trying to remember how this worked in previous versions but my memory is shot to bits! I have edited England in advanced rules so that the transfer window is gone. I've set a Scottish team (Berwick) as a B team to an English team and ticked 'Players Move Freely'. Is this sufficient to allow players to move freely between the two clubs all year round?? Is the Scottish transfer window going to thwart me??

Mucho thanko

Hey Guys

i wanted to create a club in the english league system. And i want the created players to stay there for ever, so i loaned them with a very long contract from another club.

But to use more than five players on loan, i have to change the league rules, which i also found out how. But now the problem: To use the Rules i have to verify the rules, which i also got working. But if i want to change the teams in the league (in order to put my team in the championship) the rules are no longer verified. If i want to verify the rules with the changed teams, the editor claims, that Brentford (the Team i moved out of the league) is not in the Championship and the verifying does not work.

Is there an entry in the advanced rules which i have to delete or how can i verify my rules with changed teams?

i hope i have explained the problem understandable :D

Been a long time since I did any editing, it is good to be back.

I am confused by the testing of the advanced rules however. I added the Regional Leagues in Germany, which forces use of the advanced editor since there is a 5 into 3 promotion playoff. I add this, and it works fine and verifies fine.

However I have problems when I try to verify the leagues I have not touched at all. I get a team number error when the bundesliga, and an error about stage settings for the second league. Interestingly they are both errors with the added league (which I add again verified fine and apparently works).

Any ideas?

1 minute ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Been a long time since I did any editing, it is good to be back.

I am confused by the testing of the advanced rules however. I added the Regional Leagues in Germany, which forces use of the advanced editor since there is a 5 into 3 promotion playoff. I add this, and it works fine and verifies fine.

However I have problems when I try to verify the leagues I have not touched at all. I get a team number error when the bundesliga, and an error about stage settings for the second league. Interestingly they are both errors with the added league (which I add again verified fine and apparently works).

Any ideas?

There is a bug in the editor when you convert a file into the advanced rules and testing it. Just load the file into the game and run it on holiday for one or two season. It will most probably work.

So I've been messing around with the editor and removed the homegrown rules from the premier league. I can't seem to do the same for the Europa and champions league though. Any ideas?

Also, how would I go about making it so England doesn't require any work permits? Or make work permits easier to obtain for young players.

Nope, sorry man :)

cool. Hopefully, Kubi can lend a hand. I found the fixture rules the prem uses is 6, so removed the rule for homegrown in fixture rules 6. Then found Europa league and champions league uses fixture rules 1 but the homegrown rule that i removed from fixture rules 6 isnt included in 1. the squad registration rules are blank but still selected. I think maybe its hardcoded for european competitions?

• SI Staff

Okay, I'm working on a Dutch update. I have the 2nd and 3rd Division added, with promotion and relegation rules

However, clubs from the Derde Divisie that qualify for end of season playoffs will compete with the teams from the Tweede DIvisie (15/16th ranked) for two spots in the Tweede Divisie.
Instead of a regular positional finish of the highest clubs qualifying, it's actually a "period system" that decides the teams that qualify.

It's actually somewhat similar to the Jupiler League structure, however that league includes the top finished sides (that have not won a period) into the equation.

So, I'd like to setup the following. The league consists of 34 match rounds.
The top side achieves promotion.
Then there are three periods, and each period winner obtains a playoff berth. I believe the rounds are 12, 11 and 11 games. How would I arrange this?
In principle, the top side will likely have won a period as well - although the side could have finished 2nd in each period and come out on top.
If the team has won a period, but has promoted - said period should go to the period's runner-up. If this is not possible, then it should go to the highest placed team.

Archived