Sports Interactive Community
KUBI

Advanced rules FM 2017 editor - ask the experts

Hi!
I have a problem with transfer dates in my custom league.
I set a transfer period for summer to be: 1.7. - 1.9. and for winter: 1.1. - 1.2. but the problem is that this dates changes every season. Next season it was 2.7. - 2.9,then 3.7.-3.9. etc..
What do i need to do? 

56 minutes ago, DifferentKindOfG said:

Hi!
I have a problem with transfer dates in my custom league.
I set a transfer period for summer to be: 1.7. - 1.9. and for winter: 1.1. - 1.2. but the problem is that this dates changes every season. Next season it was 2.7. - 2.9,then 3.7.-3.9. etc..
What do i need to do? 

delete day from transfer date line- leave only date.

Hey - So these forums don't seem too active anymore, but hopefully someone may be able to help...

As pointed out by others, the FFP systems in FM17 are broken.  The calculations are not accurate for the values, so that when the board stores money in a reserve account ("Dividends") , these are captured in the calculation of loss.  Effectively, by doing so well that you are well within the FFP rules, the Board take these dividends and you miss out on Europe.  Ridiculous. 

Anyhow, the questions on this did not seem to be answered properly by SI, so I have spent today trying to resolve on my own.  I downloaded the Editor (had no desire to edit previously) and tried to learn it (the pre-game, official one) and I believe I found the problem (advanced rules, england, match rules, for groups 6 and 9 expand FFP and the the expenditure includes dividends.  I unchecked dividends and other, I believe this should resolve the problem for the Premier league.).  

Now - My problem is that I CANNOT find the problem in the Champions League.  Eventually, I think I have managed to tag a nation (England) to the competition, and therefore bring up the settings in the Advanced Rules under England.  The FFP rules do not appear there, like they do for the Premier League, so instead, I changed the flag in the competition details (Fixture Rules Index) to "6".  This is because the Premier League uses 6, so I am hoping that the resolution I made above will also work for the Champions League, as they will now use the same set of rules.  I have no clue if this will end up with some undesired consequences... but I am a complete newbie to this and it's as good as I can work out... SO - After doing that, I tested the competitions and it tells me that there are the wrong number of teams for the U19 Champions Cup Stage 2.  I have not touched either the number of teams, or the U19 Champions Cup... Help?!

4 hours ago, lukejones2 said:

Hey - So these forums don't seem too active anymore, but hopefully someone may be able to help...

As pointed out by others, the FFP systems in FM17 are broken.  The calculations are not accurate for the values, so that when the board stores money in a reserve account ("Dividends") , these are captured in the calculation of loss.  Effectively, by doing so well that you are well within the FFP rules, the Board take these dividends and you miss out on Europe.  Ridiculous. 

Anyhow, the questions on this did not seem to be answered properly by SI, so I have spent today trying to resolve on my own.  I downloaded the Editor (had no desire to edit previously) and tried to learn it (the pre-game, official one) and I believe I found the problem (advanced rules, england, match rules, for groups 6 and 9 expand FFP and the the expenditure includes dividends.  I unchecked dividends and other, I believe this should resolve the problem for the Premier league.).  

Now - My problem is that I CANNOT find the problem in the Champions League.  Eventually, I think I have managed to tag a nation (England) to the competition, and therefore bring up the settings in the Advanced Rules under England.  The FFP rules do not appear there, like they do for the Premier League, so instead, I changed the flag in the competition details (Fixture Rules Index) to "6".  This is because the Premier League uses 6, so I am hoping that the resolution I made above will also work for the Champions League, as they will now use the same set of rules.  I have no clue if this will end up with some undesired consequences... but I am a complete newbie to this and it's as good as I can work out... SO - After doing that, I tested the competitions and it tells me that there are the wrong number of teams for the U19 Champions Cup Stage 2.  I have not touched either the number of teams, or the U19 Champions Cup... Help?!

Update - By removing the English nation from the competition, that error went away.   That's a good thing.  I then went into a game, however, and Manchester United (and all the other teams) aren't in the Champions League any more!  Bright side - there is nothing about FFP in the rules (which I dont understand, as I was only trying to modify the incorrect calculation) but on the negative side, there are not eams so the competition kinda sucks... Gonna try and edit one more time.

Further update: I can turn off FFP in the Prem, and other domestic leagues, but not for Europe.  I have changed the fixture rules to 6 (no teams in the competition!) and I have unchecked the fixture rules index box (nothing changes).  Neither works.  This leads me to believe the Champs League fair play rules are housed somewhere else but I can't see it, clicking through all of the competition advanced editor screens.  Frankly, it is ridiculous that I have spent 8h on this today, because I am trying to resolve an error by SI that they have been aware of for years.

Can anyone help me? I must be missing something?... Really appreciate any thoughts.  I gotta sleep!

ONE FURTHER UPDATE: I have now downloaded the in-game editor.  This will allow me to change my bank balance such that there are no dividends required when I receive income.  For the premier league, the 'other' expenditure which this causes, still flows into the expenditure: Does aanyone know if that is also the case for the Champions League?  Otherwise at this will mean I only have Premier League sanctions (do not out of Europe!) in my existing game / I can turn off the FFP in the Premier League going forward anyhow, as described above, if the 'other' category isn't counted in the Champs League?...

All insights appreciated

Edited by lukejones2
Add update

here you go yo

20 hours ago, lukejones2 said:

Update - By removing the English nation from the competition, that error went away.   That's a good thing.  I then went into a game, however, and Manchester United (and all the other teams) aren't in the Champions League any more!  Bright side - there is nothing about FFP in the rules (which I dont understand, as I was only trying to modify the incorrect calculation) but on the negative side, there are not eams so the competition kinda sucks... Gonna try and edit one more time.

Further update: I can turn off FFP in the Prem, and other domestic leagues, but not for Europe.  I have changed the fixture rules to 6 (no teams in the competition!) and I have unchecked the fixture rules index box (nothing changes).  Neither works.  This leads me to believe the Champs League fair play rules are housed somewhere else but I can't see it, clicking through all of the competition advanced editor screens.  Frankly, it is ridiculous that I have spent 8h on this today, because I am trying to resolve an error by SI that they have been aware of for years.

Can anyone help me? I must be missing something?... Really appreciate any thoughts.  I gotta sleep!

ONE FURTHER UPDATE: I have now downloaded the in-game editor.  This will allow me to change my bank balance such that there are no dividends required when I receive income.  For the premier league, the 'other' expenditure which this causes, still flows into the expenditure: Does aanyone know if that is also the case for the Champions League?  Otherwise at this will mean I only have Premier League sanctions (do not out of Europe!) in my existing game / I can turn off the FFP in the Premier League going forward anyhow, as described above, if the 'other' category isn't counted in the Champs League?...

All insights appreciated

I am PM you with a file to use

it will do what you want re continetal rules and accessing ffp please dont pass it on 

Edited by kingrobbo

henryzz   

I had an idea today for a new kind of league format(to football manager anyway).

In many sports(originally chess) a style of tournament called a Swiss system is implemented. In each round each team plays the team with the closest record to themselves that they haven't played before that season. This isn't used generally for football as it useful to know fixtures in advance to allow planning ahead. There are a few variations that I can see working better in football especially football manager. 

One variation is doing this in a grouped way. Split the teams into groups of 4 for each round. The teams will then play a group stage and the teams will get points based upon their position in the group these points will influence the draw for the next round. 

I am not quite sure how it would be possible to do the points in the above system based upon position in the group. I suspect that it may be easier just to use the points from the groups and add them into one big table. 

What I like about this system is that it doesn't require a huge number of rounds in order to get a clear winner(same as a knockout tournament). After that it is completely flexible as to how many rounds you play. I think that there are two good possibilities for using a swiss system. One would be as a cup with a small number of games per season. Another would be as a replacement for a league competition. This just needs more rounds allocated. An advantage is that the number of games is very loosely connected to the number of teams. As such the whole competition could cover all the teams from the English Premier League down to League 2(116 teams) without issue.

I would appreciate input on how easily these formats could be implemented. I am assuming that advanced rules are necessary in order to set this up. 

henryzz   
2 hours ago, henryzz said:

I had an idea today for a new kind of league format(to football manager anyway).

In many sports(originally chess) a style of tournament called a Swiss system is implemented. In each round each team plays the team with the closest record to themselves that they haven't played before that season. This isn't used generally for football as it useful to know fixtures in advance to allow planning ahead. There are a few variations that I can see working better in football especially football manager. 

One variation is doing this in a grouped way. Split the teams into groups of 4 for each round. The teams will then play a group stage and the teams will get points based upon their position in the group these points will influence the draw for the next round. 

I am not quite sure how it would be possible to do the points in the above system based upon position in the group. I suspect that it may be easier just to use the points from the groups and add them into one big table. 

What I like about this system is that it doesn't require a huge number of rounds in order to get a clear winner(same as a knockout tournament). After that it is completely flexible as to how many rounds you play. I think that there are two good possibilities for using a swiss system. One would be as a cup with a small number of games per season. Another would be as a replacement for a league competition. This just needs more rounds allocated. An advantage is that the number of games is very loosely connected to the number of teams. As such the whole competition could cover all the teams from the English Premier League down to League 2(116 teams) without issue.

I would appreciate input on how easily these formats could be implemented. I am assuming that advanced rules are necessary in order to set this up. 

Just spent a while trying to get this working. Not quite sure how to start. I was hoping that it would be possible to split a league into many sections. It looks like it is only possible to do two. It looks like group stages will be necessary but I am not sure how to combine the points into a table before every round. Any ideas? I am fairly new to the editor and think I might have bitten off more than I can chew.