Football Manager 2017 Features Video

45 minutes ago, Gruf said:

Hardly anything on AI teams squad building, it always been pathetic and ruins long saves, FM's dirty little secret

the whole transfer system is pathetic when it comes to AI teams and has seen no REAL improvements in years. it works well for the user though.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having just watched the video I am pleased with the way FM17 has been updated. 

The scouting looks more in depth and the extra clickable information in the Inbox screens are a good touch.

However, I'm disappointed, as an international manager player, not to see any improvements in this field. 

For the sake of realism I'd rather hoped to see a different ME for friendlies and testimonials. It's always a bit naff when there is no difference between competitive and friendly games, and your ass. man issuing 'tackle hard' instructions etc.

64bit is to be welcomed.

As an old bloke I would like to have a button to turn OFF social media. I even know young people who have no time for Facebook and Twitter:)

15 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Probably, as there will be less reading/writing from the harddisk, where the virtual memory is stored. But it will also depend on the processor and the graphic card.

Good stuff, do you believe last years problem regarding this had a bearing on the introduction of 64 bit?

I mean Macs are a very popular machine in todays world and with the overheating problem this surely would have had a profound effect on FM2017 sales for the consumer with Mac machines. All in all good to see something being done to combat last years issues.

Just now, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Good stuff, do you believe last years problem regarding this had a bearing on the introduction of 64 bit?

You need to wait and play the demo or the public beta on your mac, if you want to compare it with last years performance. 

I like what I'm seeing a lot.

Every year the same deep issue comes up - does SI go for big changes, which invariably are full of bugs and takes many patches and sometimes versions to get into a decent shape, or do they concentrate of fixing the lingering bugs and polish up the ME, graphics and so on? This year they've gone for the latter and I'm very thankful for that. I expect FM17 to be mightily playable "out of the box" with far fewer grumbles about 'gamebreakers' that we usually get on the release of each version.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Romanista. said:

the whole transfer system is pathetic when it comes to AI teams and has seen no REAL improvements in years. it works well for the user though.

I understand that English may not be your first language, but words like 'pathetic' are completely uncalled for when describing the game. If you want to provide feedback that's fine, but try and keep it constructive please. Thanks. 

Interested to see how this social media things handles but a bit bummed from the video with regards to media interview answers/press conferences. The answers seem exactly the same as they have for years and still limited to a few options. The media and interaction side is becoming stagnant, 

1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

I like what I'm seeing a lot.

Every year the same deep issue comes up - does SI go for big changes, which invariably are full of bugs and takes many patches and sometimes versions to get into a decent shape, or do they concentrate of fixing the lingering bugs and polish up the ME, graphics and so on? This year they've gone for the latter and I'm very thankful for that. I expect FM17 to be mightily playable "out of the box" with far fewer grumbles about 'gamebreakers' that we usually get on the release of each version.

Here here.....couldn't agree more.

Just been watching the FM17 launch video again.

With the Chief Data Analysis and his report, is this the only time you get input from him or does he provide other key analysis outside his post match report? The Passing Network diagram, is that available in a larger and more detailed presentation in the match anaylsis area?

Looking at the new next opposition scouting reports too, while I like some of the extra information, I can already see improvements needed. I think there should be combination report of the scout, Assistant Manager and Chief Data Analysis reports and advice, I also think the scout report should give far more information about how the other team plays but I guess that is for another forum.

I like the additional features that have been added into this year's game that hadn't been revealed in video. Check out the fb live Q&A session. 

For example, as a manager your tactical knowledge can be improved dependent on the types of players you sign. This also means that for each player you sign from a club that plays similar tactics to you, they will come in with a better understanding of your tactics and therefore would be able to gel in quicker.

Go ahead and watch it!!!!!!

33 minutes ago, Prim47 said:

I like the additional features that have been added into this year's game that hadn't been revealed in video. Check out the fb live Q&A session. 

For example, as a manager your tactical knowledge can be improved dependent on the types of players you sign. This also means that for each player you sign from a club that plays similar tactics to you, they will come in with a better understanding of your tactics and therefore would be able to gel in quicker.

Go ahead and watch it!!!!!!

Thanks for posting, sound quality is a bit crappy but lots more discussion about things not in the video. It sounds like there is still more to be announced next week. Maybe it is some big features they are holding back until next week, one can only hope!

6 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I expected Everton, Watford and Wimbledo  to be the three clubs fully photo 'n' logoed up.

Pretty sure SI have full licences for the Football League and Vanarama Leagues.  It's the Premier League where its patchy.

1 hour ago, Powermonger said:

I am liking the improvements to the interface SI have done, with more detailed and graphical news items and information, as well as more graphical statistics, but where it is falling short this year is the actual 'football' part. No announced improvements to tactics, roles, training, teamtalks or opposition instructions, which are the core of what makes football "football". FM17 seems to be more about improvements to the industry and management around the game, but not the game itself. They have made modifications to the way the ME processes which is much welcomed, but that's the only part.

Maybe it has been tweaked but SI just don't want to announce the fact they didn't get it right in the last release :D

Well, indirectly they announce :) when moderators assume the player role wasn't performing as it should, it's kind of SI assuming also.

12 hours ago, Nikopol said:

Di Maria at Madrid is the roaming playmaker role

Kind of makes sense that there are no new rules. I hoped for new ones but now that i think of it i struggle to think of anything. I would like a more Hummels-like CB-role. Even hummels himself, with PI's, doesn't play like the real Hummels did, especially under Tuchel last year. I guess you could call that role a "Roaming Centerback", Centrebacks who move up from deep with the ball to surprise the oppositions defense/utilize create space, which is a high risk of course.

I think that's an excellent one. To me a ball playing defender isn't just one that would ping the ball out from the back, but one that sort of acts a bit like a Libero from the centre back space and actually brings the ball out or does a run from deep like a Baresi used to. I'd love to see this role.

44 minutes ago, 7. Shevchenko said:

Fingers crossed the custom column widths stop resizing themselves to weird proportions.

Might only be a small cosmetic issue, but my god it drives me mad!

This, this, a thousand times this.

FM15 was the first I played and it was annoying to see issues with the UI like that not being fixed over the course of a couple of patches. I was really disappointed when I bought FM16 in late February, and only started playing after the third patch, to see that some of the same issues were still there and even new ones had been introduced.

15 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

Haha just getting to the end of the live stream video, awkward moment at the end with the guy asking about Cardiff and SI lying. Poor Miles looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. :D

He was asking why july about squads fully updated when u begin a game 

It was confirmed by jack work the space who hosted it that  it was why july the person asked not  why he lied it was how the person spoke that it sounded like he said that

6 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

That came after, he started off asking why Miles lied about tweeting something about Cardiff signing a free transfer.

I'm a bit embarrassed saying this after lots of folks on here saying their pc has 16GB ram. (Not to mention the guy with 64GB) My humble desktop has got 6GB ram and a 2GB dedicated graphics card. It does however have windows 10 64 bit. Will my game run faster on the 32 bit version, or the 64 bit version of the game.

Thanks for any help

6 minutes ago, Spedding said:

It was confirmed by jack work the space who hosted it that  it was why july the person asked not  why he lied it was how the person spoke that it sounded like he said that

Ah ok, to my Aussie ears it sounds like lied.

3 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

I'm a bit embarrassed saying this after lots of folks on here saying their pc has 16GB ram. (Not to mention the guy with 64GB) My humble desktop has got 6GB ram and a 2GB dedicated graphics card. It does however have windows 10 64 bit. Will my game run faster on the 32 bit version, or the 64 bit version of the game.

Thanks for any help

64bit for your setup, 6GB should be enough. I am assuming FM will install/run in 64bit mode automatically on Windows 10. 

I want to believe in miracles :kriss:

"Beta will be released this weekend" - Miles Jacobson

This is just my imagination, doesn't represent any official statements :)

And for the reveal video, I liked those small touches to enchance the quality of gameplay. On the downside, I was curious about the possible changes to tactics and training system but we didn't hear anything about them.

Judging by Ross Barkley's valuation of £31 million it looks like it could be a year of extortionate transfer fees, wages and unrealistic bonuses and agent fees.

Here's hoping there is some common sense added to this sector of the game, last years inflated fees and portrait of finances were ridiculous IMO.

3 minutes ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Judging by Ross Barkley's valuation of £31 million it looks like it could be a year of extortionate transfer fees, wages and unrealistic bonuses and agent fees.

Here's hoping there is some common sense added to this sector of the game, last years inflated fees and portrait of finances were ridiculous IMO.

How much do you think RB would go for in today's market?

Young? Check.

English? Check.

Flair player? Check.

11 hours ago, MangerdWanlar said:

I didn't see or heard anything about Versus mode.On the start srceen there only online career button.

I really hope we can still play versus mode in FM17 as we have a growing community playing cup and leagues online via Versus mode.

Can anyone confirm or deny Versus in FM17?

Versus.jpg

I'm really looking for an answer :(

7 minutes ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Everton publicly claimed they wanted 50m for him in 2015, before their new owner and the mega TV deal. 31m wouldn't actually be a bad price relatively speaking. 

4 minutes ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

You have to learn to identify appropriate targets at the right time and then negotiate.

Clubs will drop their prices a lot of the time if you are choosing your targets well.

But aside from that money tends to always rise, especially in England with the new TV deal.  That hopefully might be balanced a bit more with owners being greedier and taking more money out of the bigger clubs.

Archived