Football Manager 2017 Features Video

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Earnie is God! said:

The only issue I have at the moment is that I now only have 24hrs (well, 27½hrs to be more precise) to decide whether I want to take advantage of the loyalty offer on Steam. I have FM13, 15 and 16 so can get a 15% discount but might need a bit longer to decide. I can see a mad rush for a lot of other people though.

Just order it, you know you want too :)

Just now, ChelseaSince86 said:

Well i thought the game came out on the 7th, but is actually the 4th.  So i dont think beta is too far away...

yeah, and they say the beta will release at least 2 weeks, so, i'm still hoping

1 minute ago, Fosse said:

More commonly used when 3-0 down :lol:

If you get to see your manager throwing his notepad to your assistant before heading for the tunnel then the feature will be perfect.

1 minute ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Correct me if wrong, but i am sure FM16 beta came out just over 2 weeks from release.  Think we had 3 days or so extra

i'm not sure, but I remember 15 and 14 were out 2 weeks before the full verson

Mixed feelings here.

- It's great that the big talk at the beginning is the ME (and Miles specifically said defenders now react better to crosses :D), perhaps that means it's been refined greatly and made top priority which is exactly what I wanted. So on that basis I'm very happy and this is the most important thing of all by far.

- However I'm not impressed with the animations at all, players still look very robotic, gliding through the pitch, a player picking up an injury whilst below another motionless player that just stands on top of him, crosses hit first time ridiculously effortlessly as if some sort of Ronaldinho on steroids was playing... I don't care about the 3D animations that much so I'm not bothered, but still.

- Social medial sounds like a pain in the arse tbh, okay I know it's realistic these days, and I'm sure I'll get quickly used to the new UI anyway, but I don't find it appealing or interesting

- Transfers and contracts being delayed back and forth, with agents wheeling-and-dealing between clubs, all that sounds good because it's more realistic and it was always very easy to exploit the transfer market, on the other hand I don't really feel like handling a dozen screens and going back and forth for weeks with "speculation" and all that nonsense, if all I want is to hire a freaking player.

- I'm a little disappointed it appears nothing was done to tactical instructions, ie no new roles, no refined instructions for pressing/transitions, no clarification of wtf fluidity is and decoupling it from vertical compactness, etc

- I definitely understand why Miles feels the need to go through every single tiny feature, as I really have a tremendous amount of respect for all the work that comes into this monstrous piece of software, and this show exactly how much effort goes into it, but from a user point of view it comes off as a bit irritating that we've watched 30 minutes of basically nothing groundbreaking

Overall I'm happy with that, lots to look forward to. I did notice a potential database error already though with the affiliate between Everton and Southport - as far as I'm aware there's nothing preventing Southport potentially being in the same league as Everton, yet the details of the affiliate shown in the video claim that there is. 

Underwhelmed by the new features, more gimmicks imo - still cannot wait for the game though.

All the new features mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. If the ME is solid and the touch version gets editor preorders would hit the roof.

Still, looking forward to it though because I have still enjoyed every version. The pro's always outweigh the cons.

A few nice little touches - I particularly like the new double-barrelled surnames, the lists of all former players in the history section, and the addition of more female staff - but 64-bit FM is the real headline-grabber for me. :eek:

Well done, SI, you've completely won me over now. I'm going to pre-order FM for the very first time, and I can't wait to play the beta when it's ready. :thup:

4 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Mixed feelings here.

- It's great that the big talk at the beginning is the ME (and Miles specifically said defenders now react better to crosses :D), perhaps that means it's been refined greatly and made top priority which is exactly what I wanted. So on that basis I'm very happy and this is the most important thing of all by far.

- However I'm not impressed with the animations at all, players still look very robotic, gliding through the pitch, a player picking up an injury whilst below another motionless player that just stands on top of him, crosses hit first time ridiculously effortlessly as if some sort of Ronaldinho on steroids was playing... I don't care about the 3D animations that much so I'm not bothered, but still.

- Social medial sounds like a pain in the arse tbh, okay I know it's realistic these days, and I'm sure I'll get quickly used to the new UI anyway, but I don't find it appealing or interesting

- Transfers and contracts being delayed back and forth, with agents wheeling-and-dealing between clubs, all that sounds good because it's more realistic and it was always very easy to exploit the transfer market, on the other hand I don't really feel like handling a dozen screens and going back and forth for weeks with "speculation" and all that nonsense, if all I want is to hire a freaking player.

- I'm a little disappointed it appears nothing was done to tactical instructions, ie no new roles, no refined instructions for pressing/transitions, no clarification of wtf fluidity is and decoupling it from vertical compactness, etc

- I definitely understand why Miles feels the need to go through every single tiny feature, as I really have a tremendous amount of respect for all the work that comes into this monstrous piece of software, and this show exactly how much effort goes into it, but from a user point of view it comes off as a bit irritating that we've watched 30 minutes of basically nothing groundbreaking

That was my biggest disappointment , the fluidity stuff in the tactics forum still makes my eye twitch

Just now, Shauny1990 said:

Underwhelmed by the new features, more gimmicks imo - still cannot wait for the game though.

All the new features mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. If the ME is solid and the touch version gets editor preorders would hit the roof.

Still, looking forward to it though because I have still enjoyed every version. The pro's always outweigh the cons.

They already hit the roof though... highest amount of pre orders ever. 

6 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Holy mother of god. 30 mins of features of a FOOTBALL MANAGER SIMULATION and he mentions NOTHING AT ALL regarding tactics, which are arguably the most important aspect of the game.

Someone please tell me how this is possible. 

I know, depressing :( maybe there has been some small tweaks that were not mentioned and left for us to find?

Nothing about training either :(

Honestly I'll probably only end up using a handful of the new additions that's just down to how I play. Glad SI are continuing to add them though. 

64 bit is the biggie for me and I guess for the match engine, the proof is in the pudding when we all get hands on. I like the tweaks and additions to some of the transfer and pre-contact stuff too. 

Match engine updates are worth it most of the time and this year it looks really promising. But there are just so many major aspects that could do with a revamp and there was nothing here gain. Of course i dig the quality-of-life improvements but i feel like SI is playing it safe.

6 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Holy mother of god. 30 mins of features of a FOOTBALL MANAGER SIMULATION and he mentions NOTHING AT ALL regarding tactics, which are arguably the most important aspect of the game.

Someone please tell me how this is possible. 

Well you would almost think theres nothing big changing with tactics. I too am dissapointed, but NOT surprised. Theres simply just nothing big they need to revamp imo for tactics. Or it will be essentially a sidegrade tacticly instead of a upgrade. 

I agree with you who are saying the 64 Bit is the best piece of news here. I honestly feel like I've wasted 30 mins of my life with this video though. Social media in a FM ? meh.  New 3D stuff that looks like ninentdo 64 at its worst? Meh.  I'm not interested.

I wanted to hear more about how the MATCHES play out. The tactics and the strategy of the game itself. There is so much fluff here it's incredibly frustrating.  I just want to know what's going to improve the game, not what is going to weigh it down with more options and analysis and blah blah blah.  

1 minute ago, Double0Seven said:

Well you would almost think theres nothing big changing with tactics. I too am dissapointed, but NOT surprised. Theres simply just nothing big they need to revamp imo for tactics. Or it will be essentially a sidegrade tacticly instead of a upgrade. 

That's not strictly true. A quick look in the tactics forums show that.

I'm pleased!

Can see the developers have listened to alot of feedback from this forum, (and maybe others). They usually do, but I'm happy that Miles points out a few to stop the moaning.

The UI changes with more information is the best for me tbh! A small thing for many but to me it saves alot of time, and I like more information than less..!

Tactics are underwhelming if not touched, but took me forever to get things straight in FM16 so for me it's probably a good thing!

Great work! (Will cry when looking in my wallet after this couple of weeks of releases..)

The thing is, with the proposed changes to how the AI handles the tactical side of the game in the engine itself, there's probably not much that actually needs changed tactically. What you should theoretically see is more dynamism with existing tactic set ups and a more robust way the game handles them, that will be the biggest knock-on change for me. 

3 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

I can think of plenty, more controls for the defensive phase (width and compactness), overhaul of the closing down instructions, more roles etc. Opposition Instructions need a overhaul and refinement. The TI screen needs more refinement to extend clarity of instructions. That is off the top of my head. 

Just now, Double0Seven said:

64 gb ram???? My god, do you do some heavy sick photoshopping or what. 

Nope Just gaming. Also have 2 TITAN X's and 3 480mm radiators cooling my rig. Sounds like a helicopter and FM runs like a dream on it hahahaha

Just now, Powermonger said:

I can think of plenty, more controls for the defensive phase (width and compactness), overhaul of the closing down instructions, more roles etc. Opposition Instructions need a overhaul and refinement. The TI screen needs more refinement to extend clarity of instructions. That is off the top of my head. 

This.  And not to mention the complete lack of information that we have available to us in terms of what affects what and how.. 

• Administrators

I'd agree that we perhaps need a bit more clarify and feedback in regards to how tactics work in the game, but don't really think there's much need for further roles - I'd certainly struggle to think of a widespread role which isn't in the game, not to mention those that are can generally be tweaked in such a way via the player instructions to make them different.

In regards to how AI handles tactics, there have been 'under the hood' type changes here and I do feel the way teams setup and play are more realistic in FM17 than they ever have been, likewise in terms of team selection. But the proof as they say is in the pudding, so find out for yourself in the pre-release beta or full game. 

• Administrators
Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Is 64 bit just for match engine or does it improve the speed of playing FM.

64 bit is for processing speed and how the game runs. Allows your system to do more with the game essentially. Also means in theory players can have more leagues etc - albeit we still recommend certain limits unless you want it to go slow (if you don't have a super computer)!

Archived