Sports Interactive Community
ShpericalBadger

What Should Be My FM17 Beta Save?

Hey, I'm a relatively new streamer in the FM community (started last December) and I was wondering what you guys would consider as an interesting beta save for FM17. I pre ordered FM17 because I'm a mindless consumer, but putting aside how bad the game looks I'll still have access to the beta. With this being my first beta save your input will be very important, so what beta save should I stream?

I'm a Spurs fan so I normally give then a run in the Beta. Allows me to play with my fav players and check out how they rate some of the younger stars

After the first update I then switch to a career save; typically UK lower league or Dutch lower league. This year I am going to start my first career save from Malaysia and see how my career progresses, with a view to promoting players from the youth team

Start with whatever team you consider ''easy''. Eg. Juventus, Bayern, Celtic, Shakhtar and so on, to check out new features, while still doing fine on the pitch. And when full version and Day one patch come out, start a serious, long term save...

Whatever bigger team you're a fan of, I guess. I plan to do a proper long-term save with a Serie B or Serie C club once the full game is out, but I'll mess around with the much less-challenging Juventus in beta as I support them and it'll be easy to navigate and learn the new features with a squad I'm already very familiar with.

Edited by Weston

Keep in mind the beta save can be continued in tge full game, so you can always try a team you have never played before, and if you enjoy it continue when the full games out

i guess for the first save you want an easier team so you can get used to the new stuff and pick out new stars when money is less of an issue.  you make your second save a more long term one.  I have designs on a Newcastle/Villa save for instance but will go with a United/Barca one first

What is the difference between beta and the full game? Don't all the non-data bugs get squashed in your beta save as well or would you have to start again to get the full experience?

I'd recommend save with one of the following: Barcelona, Liverpool, Tottenham, Dortmund, Roma, Napoli, Benfica, Sporting

5 hours ago, beardymouse said:

What is the difference between beta and the full game? Don't all the non-data bugs get squashed in your beta save as well or would you have to start again to get the full experience?

no.  it is basically the full game except you won't be able to go online and there is no editor.  obviously you only get it by pre ordering!  data may not be finalized in the beta either and there will be bugs

My plan for when the full game is out is to do a longterm Liverpool game. So for the beta I'm going to have a play around with Liverpool also, get a understanding of their players and youth, see what potentional transfers I could make, see how the game plays, test out some tactics and play until the transfer window closes. Then restart on the  full release.

The first one it will be with Academica de Coimbra (2ºDivision in Portugal) and after that going to the big names.....

Every time during the beta phase, I start a game with OM (Marseille)

And I try to go back a maximum of errors and bugs

I always start with Man Utd in the beta. Helps me get a feel for the new game. Then after a few seasons I go for something more challenging. I'm interested in a Leicester save. Balancing Prem and Champs league with their squad sounds fun. 

I'm starting with Wolves my club. New Chinese owners make us one of the richest teams in the world, plus an outstanding youth policy and room to expand the stadium gives you something to get your teeth stuck into.

As I usually tend to play small clubs, one way or another, I will recommend some here, which are at the top and suited for a short Beta save:

Nieciecza (from Poland)

Guingamp (from France)

Hoffenheim (from Germany)

I can also recommend my list here: 

i always start at the bottom in VNN/VNS and work my way up with no experience

according to the new features that miles was talking about that will have a more fulfilling experience this time due to social media etc

i literally can't wait

i'm probably choosing Guiseley or Harrogate Town 

thanks for more hard work SI

Edited by englandmanager

In all versions that had a beta, I started a new came and carried on with it after full release. I usually get bored with it sometime between april and june, when I try a couple of other types of careers...

Edited by BayernMB

I'm going to go for Burton Albion. Decent challenge seeing how quickly I can get promoted with such a tiny stadium and probably the weakest squad in the Championship!

Aston Villa feels tempting, but I'll probably just load leagues that I'd be happy to manage in, and let the random button decide my fate.

I'm struggling to make a save with Corinthians, but I don't know how complicated are the issues on the brazilian league on this version, so it's gonna be West Ham or Internazionale.

On 16/10/2016 at 23:52, nmrosa said:

The first one it will be with Academica de Coimbra (2ºDivision in Portugal) and after that going to the big names.....

Wow. The Briosas are a magnificent save to start. 

I think Aston Villa are calling me, should be a good challenge to kick them up the arse and get them back on track. A few good pieces there already but a lot of deadwood mixed in. 

I'll start with Inter, per usual.

I like my first save to be on the highest level because I think it's easier to figure out the game and match engine with top class players.
Then I'll move on onto some more challenging saves. Probably Parma, they're in Serie C this season.

As others have said, do your first save with a club that you support/know the best. Gives you a chance to experience and get used to the new features in a familiar environment, then move on to a new, more challenging save.

For me this means starting as Newcastle United, which is more interesting than usual due to the relegation (and possibly a large transfer kitty?); then moving on to whatever takes my fancy.