One Man Team - Experiment

This is something that I have often discussed with friends, and I realised that FM might be an ideal way to settle the debate. 

What I want to know is, if football teams consisted of 11 clones of the same player, which player/team would be the best?

Who would you pick? If anyone knows an easy way to set this up in FM using the editor so that we can find out, please let me know/run it for a season and post the results!

Cheers

8 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

The extent to which those Vardys overperformed is a bit worrying. Suspect an actual team of Gerrards or Yaya Toures from 5 years ago would be a formidable prospect

Hmm, a team of Pogbas would do well, he's so good in game, and well rounded enough to play in most any position, even big and strong for CB.

So my curiosity got the better of me... I edited the premier league to give each team 25 copies of one player, and holidayed for a season. Here's how the league table finished;

1st. Paul Pogba

2nd. Cristiano Ronaldo

3rd. Neymar

4th. Yaya Toure

5th. Arturo Vidal

6th. Lionel Messi

7th. John Stones

8th. David Alaba

9th. Gerard Pique

10th. Sergio Busquets

11th. Nemanja Matic

12th. Sami Khedira

13th. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

14th. Thiago Motta

15th. David Luiz

16th. Blaise Matuidi

17th. Ilkay Gundogan

18th. William Carvalho

19th. Philip Lahm

20th. Manuel Neuer (he didn't often get picked to play outfield often, they mainly had a lot of grey-ed out players)

Pogba also won the FA Cup, but Yaya took the league cup. Let me know if you want any more details

Archived