Sports Interactive Community
gavrenwick

FMS Community Thread / Episode VII / Goalfinger

Question for you technical one'son here. What is the best controller to get for  a Windows 10 pc so I can play PUBG without having to use the keyboard too much. 

My brother lent me his PS3 controller but it doesn't seem to work. 

Cheers in advance 

Mark

On 09/01/2019 at 23:41, mark wilson27 said:

Question for you technical one'son here. What is the best controller to get for  a Windows 10 pc so I can play PUBG without having to use the keyboard too much. 

My brother lent me his PS3 controller but it doesn't seem to work. 

Cheers in advance 

Mark

You just need to download a program to get PS3 controllers to work. Here's a guide but it should be a simple case of download and install.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/ps3-controller-on-pc-guide/

If you've got any PS3, PS4, 360 or One controller already then that'd usually be the suggestion to use. No point buying a different one really.

Edited by git2thachoppa

Hi all, sorry not been around much. Life with a business and two young kids means very little FM time, let alone writing. Still hope to come back at some point.

Gutting really as have so many ideas that never take off the ground.

You know this 10-year challenge that's all over social media? Well, don't ask me exactly how I got there, but I found this topic from way back in 2009 - the FMS Introductions Thread.

It has been very interesting (and eye-opening) to read about some FMSers who are still going a decade on, as well as some who are long, long gone. I honestly didn't realise that Gav is so young (he's only a year older than me, for Christ's sake :D) or that Chesterfan2 is so... not. :p

Oh. Oh bloody hell. That brings up some memories...:eek:

How far we've come. :D

Gentlemen I could do with some new players for the sign up so I've got a few that can be added

Just need players name, preferred pos,

Cheers

Just realized that I might not have properly introduced myself to my fellow members. I am from the United States, and only got into football within the last decade or so. The first World Cup I remember watching was 2006, though I started taking a real interest in the sport around 2009/10. I remember being excited when the US beat Spain at the Confederations Cup in 2009, but the matches that really made me take notice were the USA against Slovenia and Algeria at the World Cup in South Africa based on the dramatic comebacks that we had. I decided that I wanted in on this, and I needed a club team. I picked Everton because Tim Howard is a legend and arguably the most successful American to play in the Premier League, and when I first saw Goodison Park I felt like I do when I am watching my favorite MLB team or American football teams.

I have FM17 and FM 18, and have saves that I enjoy on both of those games. I personally enjoy the fact that FM is a game that helps me learn more about this great game, and since most of my friends don't play it, I am glad to share my passion with you guys and improve my writing.

As I've got quite far into the FMS Marvels story, could do with some new names from you lot so I can add them into the database. 

23 hours ago, efcfan said:

Just realized that I might not have properly introduced myself to my fellow members. I am from the United States, and only got into football within the last decade or so. The first World Cup I remember watching was 2006, though I started taking a real interest in the sport around 2009/10. I remember being excited when the US beat Spain at the Confederations Cup in 2009, but the matches that really made me take notice were the USA against Slovenia and Algeria at the World Cup in South Africa based on the dramatic comebacks that we had. I decided that I wanted in on this, and I needed a club team. I picked Everton because Tim Howard is a legend and arguably the most successful American to play in the Premier League, and when I first saw Goodison Park I felt like I do when I am watching my favorite MLB team or American football teams.

I have FM17 and FM 18, and have saves that I enjoy on both of those games. I personally enjoy the fact that FM is a game that helps me learn more about this great game, and since most of my friends don't play it, I am glad to share my passion with you guys and improve my writing.

Welcome sir. Glad you're enjoying proper football and not that hand-egg thing you Americans call "football". :D

There are a few other Americans on here too, so you'll feel right at home. :p 

Edited by BenArsenal

On 02/02/2019 at 23:17, BenArsenal said:

Welcome sir. Glad you're enjoying proper football and not that hand-egg thing you Americans call "football". :D

There are a few other Americans on here too, so you'll feel right at home. :p 

Thanks for the welcome, and I've enjoyed myself a lot so far. You guys are very good writers. 

Just to let you know, the FMS Archives have been updated again. If I've missed any let me know.

Cheers

FM 07 Club Name of the Day - Arab Contractors Cairo

I bet you can guess who built the stadium, which is named after their creator and owner of course.

salah-arab-contractors.jpg

Mo Salah is their most famous youth product, as a third-choice left-back before a switch in position changed his career.

On 08/02/2019 at 18:07, git2thachoppa said:

FM 07 Club Name of the Day - Arab Contractors Cairo

I bet you can guess who built the stadium, which is named after their creator and owner of course.

salah-arab-contractors.jpg

Mo Salah is their most famous youth product, as a third-choice left-back before a switch in position changed his career.

Interesting. Google reports that they currently are 6th in the Egyptian top flight, and hopefully they got a sell on clause for Salah. 

Looks like the three contenders all won today in the Premier League. I personally think that City have the edge, even though I know that Liverpool have the game in hand. Say what you will about City and their financial doping, they have depth and Pep has proven he can win a major trophy in England. I think Klopp is a talented manager, but he still has yet to win a major trophy in England. Same thing with Spurs, and I don't know if they can hold on until they get their injury bug straightened out.

My beloved Everton could be sleepwalking to a trap door if they don't start performing better. The one match that could turn supporters around on Silva is the derby in a few weeks. If he succeeds where Moyes at the end, Martinez, Koeman, and Big Sam all couldn't, he will get more time. 

What a game yesterday.

For some reason I kept thinking about the following song titles:

Sarri Not Sarri

Is It Too Late Now To Say Sarri?

Sarri Seems To Be The Hardest Word

Sarri. I mean sorry. :lol:

Edited by BenArsenal