[WIP] E22 - England to Level 22

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

FA Cup and EFL Cup finals are definitely played at Wembley.

Can't work out how to check back re details of play-offs - will have to wait until my next holiday gets that far.

Which club do you play for then, Aaron?

Good to hear. With the playoffs should just be a case of checking the fixtures and results on a particular league seeing who played each other and then where each team finished.

I don't play mate only manage on fm haha

Dan, I saw this from Kubi in a bugs thread:

There is another bug I discovered in that file. If you load and test it, you will see that teams are no more in regional divisions after the second season, they are randomly set to a div.

If you untick in the league setting: Use regional Division to organize teams

The clubs are assigned to the right division over all seasons.

1 minute ago, Matt Cox said:

Where do you add the "editor Data File" Sorry I not done this before?

You need to create a "editor data" folder in the user directory of the game.

The only I ran for two seasons but had few issues....

Billinghurst u21's were relegated despite finishing 4th.

The North West Counties league have very high attendances.

The last one is Man City showing as top of the finances but then no other league teams showing.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

24 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Check their 'parent team' - it was probably relegated, forcing the B or U21s to drop a level.

The parent team won promotion but I can't work out if that should affect the u21 regarding league clashing.

18 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Billingshurst Reserves might have been relegated from the division above. I will look into the attendance issue

The reserves were indeed relegated.

The North West Counties is the only division that has the unrealistic attendances.

9 hours ago, stato_bennett said:

Noticed a couple of things with the FA Competitions from a Northern League thing

The FA Cup - there are no northern league division two teams (the league had 9 sides in the FA Cup this year)

The FA Vase - all sides at level 10 (Northern League Division Two) should be in the FA Vase. 

Managed to squeeze in 6 Northern Div 2 teams into the FA Cup, all teams now in the FA Vase

1 minute ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Post 3 updated

Great work!

Is there any way to cut the leagues out I don't need so that it runs faster? I only need Middx County D1 leagues and their promotion path to National South (Middx County Prem, Combined Counties D1/Prem, Isthmian D1/Prem) - keeping all of step 7 but blocking relegation from Northern/Southern leagues.

I've tried doing it myself making all other leagues inactive and having nothing but problems with getting the numbers right for promotion/relegation.

I enjoyed this database for FM16, and I'm glad to see you've updated it for this version, too.  I've had fun managing several smaller English teams in the past--Wantage, Bishop Auckland, Diss Town, Rugby, Kendal.  The "worst" thing about a database like this one is deciding where to begin my career!

Thanks for your good work, Dan.  Cheers!

17 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Holidayed up to Sept 2018

All looking perfectly smooth other than these details:

Essex Senior league - no relegation

Essex Olympian league - no promotion or relegation

I think that's accurate in the real world, but would be nice for the game

Thanks for all your brilliant work Dan. No doubt you'll make further tweaks but hopefully when I get stuck into my first save with this, it'll be my one-and-only save too. My only concern is Brexit; hopefully someone will come up with a working fix to turn it off or postpone it 50 years.

On 4 October 2016 at 19:13, Dan BHTFC said:

Once again I am creating the biggest English database available to play, I'm hoping to add more playable leagues to this database.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your wonderful work on this - about to download the file and hopefully start what will become a very long career save with your excellent database expansion.

Are you able to give us a brief list of changes you made to the database for this file, sort of like a change list? Was it just a case of adding required teams, leagues, divisions, cups and competition rules? How far in-depth does the file go and are there any other changes made?

For example, are correct team colours (home and away) and stadium names/capacities also included in your file?

For all the competitions that are simulated in your file (I realise some are left out due to the size of the pyramid), can we expect the same promotion/relegation/playoff structures as real life and are the cups simulated using the same real life rules and formats too?

Also, are you aware of whether last year's FM all-seater stadium bug has been rectified this year - the one where overall capacity was reduced to the level of seating capacity only after a certain period/trigger?

And, do teams stick within the regional boundaries over time or have you had certain specific issues with any particular teams or leagues?

Finally, do clubs have the correct professional/semi-pro/amateur statuses set? I vaguely remember an issue with FM16 that was causing some contract (perhaps non-contract?) problems in lower level non-league saves and not sure if this has been addressed by the game developers for this year's FM17 version?

The reason I ask much of this is because I am just looking for a file that does the basics of non-league really well - and realistically - without focusing on any non-related added details like international team histories etc. For example, there was one file last year that introduced a cosmetic bug into the game (empty league tables showing at start of season) by fiddling with the league fixture date announcements (rather than just leave on auto, or whatever the default was, to avoid annoying people with the bug, as it would not have been a big deal in terms of realism to leave it out and eliminate the hassle over something so unimportant) and it was just unnecessary in my view.

I have a feeling your file is different (in the good way I am looking for) so I'm thinking and hoping it will be my "go-to" non-league database.

Thanks again! Can't wait to start playing!

1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

Why don't you just download it and take a look? I think the guy deserves a break.

I certainly will and I am, of course, grateful for Dan's efforts.

There may, however, be some questions that only Dan could answer though, as he was the only one (to my knowledge) working on, and making changes to, this excellent file. If he has time to answer, it would be greatly appreciated.

Or, is there actually a way to go into the Editor and find a list of changes that have been made to the original database? If so, I'd be grateful to anyone who could point me in that direction. :thup:

Yes, when you put the file in the editor, on the left menu is 'database changes'. 

Dan's made over 30,000 but with this editor you can analyse the changes by category, e.g. specific division or club.

Apart from studying the file in the editor, I think all of us here are either holidaying or playing a first season to check for issue - being his beta testers if you like.

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Do you have another file in the editor data folder?

I do,

I managed to add them in one by one and managed to isolate an australian league update as the one causing the issue.

Good bye Australia, hello enjoying the dam awesome work of all involved and me managing in the lower leagues!!!!!!

59 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Yes, when you put the file in the editor, on the left menu is 'database changes'. 

Dan's made over 30,000 but with this editor you can analyse the changes by category, e.g. specific division or club.

Apart from studying the file in the editor, I think all of us here are either holidaying or playing a first season to check for issue - being his beta testers if you like.

Brilliant, that's a great help. Thank you.

About to start a save with the file so will have a good look and play around and pass on any relevant feedback.

40 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

That's a lot of questions! 

The file is as real as I can get it, club colours are correct by the information I can get and stadiums are correct. Location wise everything should be fine in the regionalised leagues.

Thanks Dan. :thup:

12 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

I'm sure if ther are any issues they will be pointed out on here. I do get your concerns Michael as if you start a long term save and come across an issue then you'll want to start it again.

Yeah, that's what I was concerned about as I really like to immerse myself in a long-term save but hopefully should be ok.

@Michael Zorc you should be able to run a quick holiday for a few seasons if you have any concerns. That way you can see how the file plays out.

Set up the Icelandic league as playable and the English leagues as view only. Rather than loading the English leagues as playable as this will slow down processing.

Hole that helps!

Archived