[WIP] E22 - England to Level 22

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when you are

4 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Are you asking about the pre-game editor to use to put players in the teams, or do you mean when you start the game and choose 'add players to teams'?

If you mean the latter, no - in the drop down menu for the league to load up, you just click the lowest league you want (e.g. Level 22) and all the levels down to that one will be loaded.

Ok, so when you are about to create a new carrer save and you are in this screen

sSaoc4q.jpg

then you decide to go and click Advance setup

lZs5BAd.jpg

Then you click on the box in the top right below player count and you click on advanced

And you get to this screen

JJEK9EG.jpg

My question is the following

If you select Level 10 would that be the same as picking all the leagues below it?  Or for more accuracy  I should select every single one? 

5qp0AJg.jpg?1

There is no point to select all divisions, when you want all the players in the game. Just select nation England and click all boxes. (The same for Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland)

Or use region (UK & Ireland) or continent (Europe). It's a top-down selection, if you select all european players you don't need to add all european leagues and so on.

But you need always to tick "add players to empty squads", because the database does not cover the lowest leagues.

2 hours ago, QSF25 said:

So when you are

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Are you asking about the pre-game editor to use to put players in the teams, or do you mean when you start the game and choose 'add players to teams'?

If you mean the latter, no - in the drop down menu for the league to load up, you just click the lowest league you want (e.g. Level 22) and all the levels down to that one will be loaded.

Ok, so when you are about to create a new carrer save and you are in this screen

My question is the following

If you select Level 10 would that be the same as picking all the leagues below it?

No, selecting Level 10 is the same as picking all the leagues ABOVE it! 

6 hours ago, Areolys said:

Can someone explain to me what the point of u23s & u18s is?

Will I be able to get them to play competitive?

Or is it just a "parking ground"? Why not just keep them in the main squad then?

If they are part of a competitive league, your fringe players will develop better playing in those sides than just training or playing non-competitive reserve friendlies.

I'm my current save with this file I've put my own team in a level 12 division and added my U18s to the level 22 league with your K&H. For me, it adds considerable spice to my career! 

For some reason the U23s don't work though. I'm asked in the close season if I want to enter an U23 league, I say 'yes' and it doesn't happen. May need to be higher up the pyramid. My stable of starting kids will outgrow the U18s soon, so it could be a problem.

In your case, being at the very bottom of the pyramid, you can't enter your U23s or U18s in any league yet, but it's one for the future.

Nb. I don't know about any other fan-created files but with this one if you go down my route you benefit from a strange bug. In Level 12 the average gate for my first team matches is about 50 or less, which means losing money ever time I host a match. But when my Level 22 U18s play at home, over 3000 souls rock up, leaving me comfortably flush with cash!

11 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

If they are part of a competitive league, your fringe players will develop better playing in those sides than just training or playing non-competitive reserve friendlies.

I'm my current save with this file I've put my own team in a level 12 division and added my U18s to the level 22 league with your K&H. For me, it adds considerable spice to my career! 

For some reason the U23s don't work though. I'm asked in the close season if I want to enter an U23 league, I say 'yes' and it doesn't happen. May need to be higher up the pyramid. My stable of starting kids will outgrow the U18s soon, so it could be a problem.

In your case, being at the very bottom of the pyramid, you can't enter your U23s or U18s in any league yet, but it's one for the future.

Nb. I don't know about any other fan-created files but with this one if you go down my route you benefit from a strange bug. In Level 12 the average gate for my first team matches is about 50 or less, which means losing money ever time I host a match. But when my Level 22 U18s play at home, over 3000 souls rock up, leaving me comfortably flush with cash!

Good to know :) I was just wondering if it'll be a thing, seeing as I currently play against so many B and C squads. ;-)

Up until this season I had all players in my main squad, but I was wondering if I should just keep the 16 players I actually play in my main squad and move the other players back down to u23, they'll share the training, but hopefully they'll stop complaining about 1st team soccer... We'll see!

By only having my own academy intakes in my squad and promoting them to my first team/U23 squad asap to benefit from the training, I keep them on 'hot prospect' status for as long as possible. Having them in the first team squad but available for U18 fixtures never causes any complaints. This might change when they turn 18, but we haven't got there yet (because my save got corrupted in the 4th year and I've had to start again).

21 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

By only having my own academy intakes in my squad and promoting them to my first team/U23 squad asap to benefit from the training, I keep them on 'hot prospect' status for as long as possible. Having them in the first team squad but available for U18 fixtures never causes any complaints. This might change when they turn 18, but we haven't got there yet (because my save got corrupted in the 4th year and I've had to start again).

why did it get corrupted? something related with your PC or with the game (or this update)? just to know in advance...

1 hour ago, jam jameson said:

why did it get corrupted? something related with your PC or with the game (or this update)? just to know in advance...

I was trying to resolve a problem with contracts using FMRTE. I should've stuck to SI's IGE. 

I used the pre-game editor to give my original youth squad full-time, long contracts. The problem was that new intakes from my academy wouldn't budge off non-contract terms and FMRTE was bugged (for me anyway) and couldn't alter it. So all my decent academy players bogged off in the transfer window for free. In trying to swap them back in, I ended up with duplicates and triplicates of some players!

Let me be the first to say the issue of players leaving is what's supposed to happen in the amateur/lower reaches of part-time world, so I don't blame the file. It's just that I've got a solid structure to the narrative of my fantasy gameworld that requires my academy players to stay. Anyway, sticking strictly to the official IGE second time around, I don't anticipate further problems.

Dna, a question related to promo/relegation: at level 11, Olympian Essex League seems to have NO promotion at level 10, how is it possible? Moreover, Essex senior League (county League, level 9) seems to have no relegation, nor any Level 10 League promoting its teams to it; how is it? thanks a lot

2 hours ago, jam jameson said:

Dna, a question related to promo/relegation: at level 11, Olympian Essex League seems to have NO promotion at level 10, how is it possible? Moreover, Essex senior League (county League, level 9) seems to have no relegation, nor any Level 10 League promoting its teams to it; how is it? thanks a lot

Just checking my save:

L9 Essex Senior - the champions got promoted to L8, Isthmian First Division East. And TWO teams were relegated from Isth 1st East into the Essex Senior.

What's happened is that Sporting Bengal have been shifted over to the L9 Southern Counties, along with the 3rd team relegated from the Isthmian 1st East. It says Sp. Bengal finished bottom of the Essex Senior in 2015 and weren't relegated, but in this file there is relegation.

L11 - no promotions or changes. Shame as my childhood home won the league :(

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Just checking my save:

L9 Essex Senior - the champions got promoted to L8, Isthmian First Division East. And TWO teams were relegated from Isth 1st East into the Essex Senior.

What's happened is that Sporting Bengal have been shifted over to the L9 Southern Counties, along with the 3rd team relegated from the Isthmian 1st East. It says Sp. Bengal finished bottom of the Essex Senior in 2015 and weren't relegated, but in this file there is relegation.

L11 - no promotions or changes. Shame as my childhood home won the league :(

I think that Essex Senior hasn't got relegation, it's not linked with any level 10 division, that's why the last team simply moves in another level 9 division. If youcheck the 'rules' tab of the division, no relegation is provided for

Just now, jam jameson said:

I think that Essex Senior hasn't got relegation, it's not linked with any level 10 division, that's why the last team simply moves in another level 9 division. If youcheck the 'rules' tab of the division, no relegation is provided for

Yes, that's correct. I seem to remember a discussion about the two Essex divisions in this thread a few pages back. Dan got it as it is in real life, dull from an FM playing perspective though it is.

In real life, there is no relegation from the Essex Senior League and the Essex Olympian Premier is based at step 11 of the pyramid although many of the sides in the EOP could compete in the ESL on the playing side.

Essex Olympian teams can apply for promotion to the Essex Senior but many only do this if they have a groundhare with a senior club. Most clubs at Olympian level play on little more than park pitches with no floodlights so have no interest in progressing up the pyramid.

11 hours ago, YELLOW CIFC said:

In real life, there is no relegation from the Essex Senior League and the Essex Olympian Premier is based at step 11 of the pyramid although many of the sides in the EOP could compete in the ESL on the playing side.

Essex Olympian teams can apply for promotion to the Essex Senior but many only do this if they have a groundhare with a senior club. Most clubs at Olympian level play on little more than park pitches with no floodlights so have no interest in progressing up the pyramid.

Thanks a lot, clear explanation, and once again great work of Dan in mirroring real life football

On 14/12/2016 at 11:34, jam jameson said:

Thanks a lot, clear explanation, and once again great work of Dan in mirroring real life football

Yeah the Essex divisions are very strange but I wanted to keep it to as real as I could

6 minutes ago, Segmann229 said:

Hello gentlemen, I apologize but my English is very bad. (I am French ...:idiot:) Can you tell me or is the link to download the 21 divisions? Thank you.
 (Translation by google)

ps: In french is possible??

Voila:

I know this database isn't responsible for the awkward club reputation increases, but I encountered something strange.

On my first save I started as a L22 club with a rep of 2.  Won promotion as the 2nd place team and was promptly awarded +250 rep increase.

On a subsequent save, starting with the same team but after using the PGE to start my rep at 250, I've been promoted three times as champion of my league but my club was not rewarded with ANY additional rep increase.  I'm currently in L19 with a rep of 289.  The only increases in rep I've achieved are just from winning matches.

Strange.  I'm worried that something is broken and I'll never receive any rep increases from promotion during this current save.

13 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

I know this database isn't responsible for the awkward club reputation increases, but I encountered something strange.

On my first save I started as a L22 club with a rep of 2.  Won promotion as the 2nd place team and was promptly awarded +250 rep increase.

On a subsequent save, starting with the same team but after using the PGE to start my rep at 250, I've been promoted three times as champion of my league but my club was not rewarded with ANY additional rep increase.  I'm currently in L19 with a rep of 289.  The only increases in rep I've achieved are just from winning matches.

Strange.  I'm worried that something is broken and I'll never receive any rep increases from promotion during this current save.

Okay, that's pretty interesting and in accord with my observations that promoted clubs from L22 to L10 have 250 rep and relegated teams 750 rep. When my save gets to the end of June I spend about 3-4 hours wi th the IGE going through all the club reps and resetting them, but I haven't done anything in the PGE.  For the next few seasons your rep will be much higher than most of the clubs in your division, except for other promoted clubs and - crucially - relegated clubs, which asI say find themselves with a rep of 750.

The 'buffer zone' as such is level 10 -  many leagues at the level have clubs reps within a zone of acceptability; others are way out. At level 9 what happens is the lowest clubs are in the 750+ zone anyway and so nothing changes. It's a long way for you to get of course, but my point is the problem doesn't last forever.

Another key point is that whereas club reps affect AI teams considerably for the human manger it is far less so. You have the problem of attracting players and staff, and players leaving, but I find that the squad I have can beat higher rep teams in my division easily.

1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

Okay, that's pretty interesting and in accord with my observations that promoted clubs from L22 to L10 have 250 rep and relegated teams 750 rep. When my save gets to the end of June I spend about 3-4 hours wi th the IGE going through all the club reps and resetting them, but I haven't done anything in the PGE.  For the next few seasons your rep will be much higher than most of the clubs in your division, except for other promoted clubs and - crucially - relegated clubs, which asI say find themselves with a rep of 750.

The 'buffer zone' as such is level 10 -  many leagues at the level have clubs reps within a zone of acceptability; others are way out. At level 9 what happens is the lowest clubs are in the 750+ zone anyway and so nothing changes. It's a long way for you to get of course, but my point is the problem doesn't last forever.

Another key point is that whereas club reps affect AI teams considerably for the human manger it is far less so. You have the problem of attracting players and staff, and players leaving, but I find that the squad I have can beat higher rep teams in my division easily.

So you think if I would have continued that first save, I would not have seen a rep increase for a while after the first season?  I only played the first season with the rep 2 club before restarting with the artificial 250 rep using the PGE.

18 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

So you think if I would have continued that first save, I would not have seen a rep increase for a while after the first season?  I only played the first season with the rep 2 club before restarting with the artificial 250 rep using the PGE.

I think so. I'm not sure since I adjust all the reps rather than see how they go. But for every division at the low levels promoted clubs have c 250 and relegated clubs have c 750. That must include clubs that have had successive promotions. I abandoned my first save in the 5th season and am in the 2nd season in my restart, so I can't confirm that as yet. Personally I find it really helps to the point of being essential to have an IGE to fix things when I use  a lower league file such as this. Some people find these iissues game-breaking, whereas for me they're just an inconvenience in an otherwise fantastic way of playing the game. 

Just got FM17 and this is the first file I always add when I get the game :)

Big ask though @Dan BHTFC, is there any news or plans to add leagues from Lvl 11 down for the Yorkshire/West Riding area as I had to start at Lvl 10 for a local(ish) side to start with

On 13-12-2016 at 10:26, phnompenhandy said:

I was trying to resolve a problem with contracts using FMRTE. I should've stuck to SI's IGE. 

I used the pre-game editor to give my original youth squad full-time, long contracts. The problem was that new intakes from my academy wouldn't budge off non-contract terms and FMRTE was bugged (for me anyway) and couldn't alter it. So all my decent academy players bogged off in the transfer window for free. In trying to swap them back in, I ended up with duplicates and triplicates of some players!

Let me be the first to say the issue of players leaving is what's supposed to happen in the amateur/lower reaches of part-time world, so I don't blame the file. It's just that I've got a solid structure to the narrative of my fantasy gameworld that requires my academy players to stay. Anyway, sticking strictly to the official IGE second time around, I don't anticipate further problems.

Bought the IGE to fix potential future issues. Is there a way to hide the IGE when searching for players? 

I have only found the option to hide it in the menu bar.

5 hours ago, fabioke said:

Bought the IGE to fix potential future issues. Is there a way to hide the IGE when searching for players? 

I have only found the option to hide it in the menu bar.

Not that I'm, aware of - you just have to practise self-control. I use it twice a year - to sort out youth intake contracts and fix club reputations at the end of June. Otherwise, I just ignore it!

On 11-12-2016 at 04:06, phnompenhandy said:

Thank you for your earlier reply. You saved myself a lot of valuable time.

When you say "you can't enter your U23s or U18s in any league yet, but it's one for the future" do they enter a league in the existing level 22 pyramid? If so, are there any limits besides of not being able to play in the same league as the first team? 

Not loving vanilla FM 2017 so far and this file is the only possibility to get my money's worth.

1 hour ago, fabioke said:

Thank you for your earlier reply. You saved myself a lot of valuable time.

When you say "you can't enter your U23s or U18s in any league yet, but it's one for the future" do they enter a league in the existing level 22 pyramid? If so, are there any limits besides of not being able to play in the same league as the first team? 

Not loving vanilla FM 2017 so far and this file is the only possibility to get my money's worth.

I can't say for sure, to be honest. What I've done is use the pre-editor to put my U18 squad in the level 22 division and my first team a few levels higher up. What I can say is that every year for 5 years now I've been asked if I want to enter a team in the U23 league, said yes and nothing's happened. My guess is that the U23 and U18 leagues will be activated at some point - maybe when I get to the official SI position at level 6 (National League North/South) or maybe a bit sooner. I'd like to get some confirmation for anyone who's got higher up the pyramid than me (Level 9 at the moment).

Well my dream of trying to get my reserve and third teams into the champ and league one is over haha. It appears I cannot get Cowfold reserves promoted from level 12 to level 11... despite my first team now being in level 9. Probably due to league rules about 2nd/3rd teams going up beyond a certain point in the pyramid, which is fair enough I guess.

1 minute ago, Tullem said:

Well my dream of trying to get my reserve and third teams into the champ and league one is over haha. It appears I cannot get Cowfold reserves promoted from level 12 to level 11... despite my first team now being in level 9. Probably due to league rules about 2nd/3rd teams going up beyond a certain point in the pyramid, which is fair enough I guess.

Thank you, wanted to achieve the same thing. 

12 hours ago, Tullem said:

Really? I didn't know that. My U18s have had a couple of promotions so far, now at L20. It's not a problem as such since they are my academy intakes in the first and second years, so I guess level 12 would be as high as they could manage anyway.

Excellent database again.

@goblinshark I was experiencing some errors when starting a game and loading multiple files I had Claasen's files installed also I just had to turn a few of them 'off'.

Just one question for @Dan BHTFC - West Essex in Essex senior league seem to have been deleted and then re added - Is there any reason for this? The only reason I ask is I noticed that it means that the kit that comes with the Essex senior league kit pack uses a different unique ID. The only other issue is that it means their one player is not added to their squad but I can just do this in the editor anyway.

4 hours ago, frankthetank87 said:

Excellent database again.

@goblinshark I was experiencing some errors when starting a game and loading multiple files I had Claasen's files installed also I just had to turn a few of them 'off'.

Just one question for @Dan BHTFC - West Essex in Essex senior league seem to have been deleted and then re added - Is there any reason for this? The only reason I ask is I noticed that it means that the kit that comes with the Essex senior league kit pack uses a different unique ID. The only other issue is that it means their one player is not added to their squad but I can just do this in the editor anyway.

I probably deleted the wrong one as I created them last year

Cheers @Dan BHTFC - I was wondering if it would have any affect on the game - Apparently not - The only other question I have is this - I got offered an interview at Essex Senior League side Clapton, immediately after the interview the game crashed but I was offered no explanation of the crash. I don't even know where to start debugging this? I know sometimes that graphics can cause these but having removed all of my graphics it still occured. This happened on the second save that I  tried it on and also on PC and laptop.

Anyone notice any issues with this or similar?

Quick question for all the people that have played multiple seasons from the lower reaches..

I have just completed my first season in Level 10 and was able to offer part time contracts to all players... I won promotion to level 9 and now can only offer Non-Contract offers.

is this a known bug/issue?

Archived