how do I reduce length of news feed?

when you press continue and it progresses onto the next day you get a news feed at the top with results of different leagues /competitions etc. I want to reduce this to the bare minimum. So just results from my league will do. it doesn't seem to be the subscriptions. there's no obvious setting that i can see. can anyone help?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think you can change it, even when I am in the lower leagues of England I constantly get the Scottish results even from say the Scottish League 2.
I turn off all subscriptions except from the league I am in but that doesn't help.

What bothers me the most about this feature is when I go on holiday, I would much prefer to get my league results showing, instead I get a lot of random results from random leagues.

Always wanted them to add that, when on holiday after every match day is complete you get a screen of the results from your league as the game is moving forward, I'm sure that could be added.
Very handy when you are sitting at the screen as you holiday.

really hate how bad that is. it is a good place to put news from your league, rumours, social media but how it was done up to fm16 it was usually non relevant info that disappeared too fast. hope they rethink this as it is the screen i am usually looking at most of the playing time :D

1 hour ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Wont this be something to do with the subscriptions you select once you start at a new club? Selecting what you want to see or don't want to see in various leagues etc?

I may be wrong but sure you can customise what you want to see.

No. I run a 23 level file and cancel all subscriptions other than my current division and cups I'm entered in. The stream still gives me results of thousands of U19 matches and friendlies that I have no interest in.  The point is, it's just filler for whilst the game is processing - turning them off wouldn't speed things up - you just have a blank screen to stare at. Presumably the 'solution' is imminent in FM17 - 64bit speed.

Archived