height and weight , useful or useless ?

songfeig

Can someone tell me whether the height and weight are attributes included in game siumulator ?

Are they just a group of number telling us the basic facts of the player ? Or they are useful as attributes like jumping reach and strength ?

If they are important and useful , when I am choose a CD , why there is no hint or highlight for the heigth and weight ?

When you go to the player profile screen, they're right there in the personal details section. As for whether they're important and useful, I'd guess it matters according to role. I'd be doubtful of a small CD with poor jumping reach, whereas a really tall CD with average jumping reach should be OK.

As for weight I can't say I've ever noticed it changing over time in FM, but it probably should. Thinking about Rooney who, in real life, can get rotund in a hurry.

Height will determine whether a player will play the ball with his foot, knee, chest, head, or have to jump to head. 

Actual height they can reach is determined solely by Jumping Reach, so for a centreback defending crosses his listed height is next to meaningless; Jumping Reach 15 has the same result at 5'8 as it does at 6'5. But height still has some small significance to how a player works.

Archived