Adding group stages to new competitions

JWyld1992

Hi Guys, 

Ive just edited the nation rules for the USA & added a new league structure, 

16 teams in the top division

& the 3 divisions below this also have 16 teams totalling 64 teams in total, 

Then i went to create the main cup in america, a new competition called the united states cup, 

All 64 team will enter a group stage for the first round

16 groups of 4 teams playing each other once, 

Top two teams qualify for next round

32 teams in the next round then its a straight knockout from there all the way to the final, 

However when i create the group stages & get everything sorted for the next rounds etc i get an error message when i go to test nation rules saying the number of team (126) exceeds to number of teams in the competition (64) 

Cant think what ive done but it seems to think im adding extra team from the group stages rather than just taking them from the group stage into the next round, 

If anyone could give me any tips or a how to create group stages for competitions that would be great, 

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

For the subsequent rounds after the group stage; you should NOT enable the option "Number of Teams Starting At This Stage".  This option adds additional teams to ones that are already advancing from the previous round; hence why you have 126 teams instead of the intended 64.  The option should only be enabled if you intend to add additional teams at later rounds.

Archived