Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
rossenori

Pre-match press affecting the game too mutch?? ramble

is it just me or is the way a match plays out a little too dependant on pre-match press conferences. Making your team out to be a way better side than it actually is in press conferences can usually completely change outcomes of games. Just cause I've build up my below average team in a press conference doesn't mean they should perform like Barcelona on the pitch.

before when I used to let my ass man handle the press, I always noticed him saying things like it would be a difficult task to beat an opponent that in fact I should be easily crushing. But just cause he said it, it changes the entire dynamic of the game. ever since I took charge of press conferences I noticed I could beat better teams way more frequently and I'm losing to crappier team way less frequently. it doesn't just affect the scoreline, it also affects how teams play.

I would understand if it was between 2 similar level teams, a manger could seek a little boost from press conferences, but its been too influential in FM in my experience.

I don't want to get into another ramble but I think the reputation of a club is more influential on the match than the players playing, morale, and form. but this is a whole other topic.

Never though about it! Maybe that explains why I always seem to lose to the teams in the bottom 3, I tend to say it'll be tough for us because I don't want my team to become complacent. Perhaps i'll try being a bit more cocky in the press conferences and see if I notice an improvement :)

43 minutes ago, Ryanaston said:

Never though about it! Maybe that explains why I always seem to lose to the teams in the bottom 3, I tend to say it'll be tough for us because I don't want my team to become complacent. Perhaps i'll try being a bit more cocky in the press conferences and see if I notice an improvement :)

yea exactly, doing press myself has drastically changed the game for me. no more crap performances from players cause my ass man decided say it would be difficult to play against some 2nd division team.

you can also boost your own players against bigger opponents by saying we're confident if we stick to our plan etc. etc. implying that your team should win.