Internal Europa League-style comp

PresidentConor

Hi Guys, 

Basically, I've been building a Custom League for about two years now recreating Regional Leagues akin to Brazil in England. I have added divisions in these Regional comps (I used the Secondary Division function) down to, in some cases, five divisions. I have added a competition for the winners, runners up and third places of each of the leagues and a few outside teams from the British Isles (Scotland Wales NI and Ireland Champions and RU) each entering at different qualifying rounds, leading to a 20 team, 4 pool group stage. 

Basically, I have two questions. Would it be possible to do a Europa League, second tier competition for teams in 4th and 5th, plus the losers of the qualifying rounds, and would it be possible to add the third place team in the group stage of the top tier competition into this competition at the knock out stage? Would someone be able to run me through it? I'll post a Dropbox of the current CL as well for the hideaway to look over.

Cheers,

Conor

Just use the exact same qualification process you would for getting teams from one stage to another, and the same get teams routines.

For instance, if you set a loser of a cup round to qualify for a round/stage, then using the "get teams qualified from stage" in the stage you want to get them you point it to that stage and competition, as well as the same round/stage name you used for the losers. For instance, giving the winners the stage name "second round" and the losers a stage name of say "losers bracket", in the new tournament featuring the losers, when getting teams, just use "get qualified teams from stage", with "<old comp>" as the competition, stage set to whatever the stage it was they lost in, and the stage name to "losers bracket", For a league stage you could use this or get team by position in league stage.

Keep in mind that when dealing with positions in the advanced editor, 0 = 1st, 1 = 2nd, 2 = 3rd etc.

On 9/17/2016 at 10:48, Dave Fairbairn said:

Just use the exact same qualification process you would for getting teams from one stage to another, and the same get teams routines.

For instance, if you set a loser of a cup round to qualify for a round/stage, then using the "get teams qualified from stage" in the stage you want to get them you point it to that stage and competition, as well as the same round/stage name you used for the losers. For instance, giving the winners the stage name "second round" and the losers a stage name of say "losers bracket", in the new tournament featuring the losers, when getting teams, just use "get qualified teams from stage", with "<old comp>" as the competition, stage set to whatever the stage it was they lost in, and the stage name to "losers bracket", For a league stage you could use this or get team by position in league stage.

Keep in mind that when dealing with positions in the advanced editor, 0 = 1st, 1 = 2nd, 2 = 3rd etc.

Hi Dave, 

Cheers for your reply, I'm still having the same issues, game keeps crashing when I try and load it. Would you mind maybe taking a look to see if I'm doing something stupid?

Archived