Youth player dislikes my club - Bug?

So I have a young player coming through my youth system at Bournemouth. He's been at the club a couple of years, had one season on loan and the second season I gave him some game time, mostly in the cups. He's playing well and I've heaped on the praise. Third season in I've given him a few games but a championship offered to take him on loan as a key player so I accepted as it would be great for his development. I had a private chat with him and he said 'I love Bournemouth but if you think this loan spell is best for me I'm happy to go out on loan'. (Key point here, he said 'I LOVE Bournemouth'). Then I went to offer him a new contract as I noticed he was in his last year. I'm told that he does not wish to enter discussions as he feels it would be unwise for his career to stay at Bournemouth due to his dislike for the club.....????

I've being trying to offer him a new contact for 2 or 3 months now but now change. I guess I'm going to lose him? I do not want to use the editor as a) it costs money b) once its there you cannot get rid of it and although people say 'just ignore it' that's not easy to do when you scout a player and it shows on the search screen all their exact current and potential ability and all hidden attributes.

As much as I love FM it's bull like this that gets me frustrated, I usually wait till March to play the latest game as it's supposed to be when all bugs are fixed but evidently not.

Incidentally, do people think it's unrealistic that there are some players / staff who refuse to even discuss moving to your club? In reality everyone has a price and if someone says he doesn't want to join your club you could say 'how about for £10m a year?' and they would change their mind! Yet in football manager you don't have the chance to throw money at someone who doesn't want to come. Perhaps its time they did away with players and staff refusing to discuss contract terms, you should always have an opportunity to offer them money and then see what they say!  

FM1.png

FM2.png

Maybe the player was happy at the club and wanted to stay and play but cos you loaned him out he became unhappy with the club. On the second issue, it's good some staff would refuse to work at a club, for example, Ferguson wold never manage Liverpool no matter how much money he was offered, Guardiola would never work at Madrid. 

Yes, there are a couple of exceptions but I'm not referring to the likes of Ferguson or Guardiola... take the above situation, even if he was so angry at being loaned out that it created an intense dislike for the club he previously loved (which I find incredibly hard to believe that could be plausible), in the real world if I said 'ok, what about £100k per week?', bearing in mind he's currently on £400 per week, he'd sign faster than a fat kid on a water slide and I'm sure Bournemouth would be his new favourite club.

Obviously I wouldn't pay him £100k per week, I just don't like that I'm not even given the choice to offer it.

2 hours ago, Ryanaston said:

Yes, there are a couple of exceptions but I'm not referring to the likes of Ferguson or Guardiola... take the above situation, even if he was so angry at being loaned out that it created an intense dislike for the club he previously loved (which I find incredibly hard to believe that could be plausible), in the real world if I said 'ok, what about £100k per week?', bearing in mind he's currently on £400 per week, he'd sign faster than a fat kid on a water slide and I'm sure Bournemouth would be his new favourite club.

Obviously I wouldn't pay him £100k per week, I just don't like that I'm not even given the choice to offer it.

In reality a chairman wouldn't allow it to happen, Therefore in game it is a good thing that you can't 

Players can have a dislike of a club they are currently employed at. When Balotelli ( I know he's a special case) was on loan at Milan he said was unhappy at Liverpool and doesn't want to return despite being happy when he arrived . Some players are not all about money and would rather be happy.

i agree that in your case it does sound far fetched but can happen

I find it weird that no one acknowledges the fact that he said he LOVE the club. I would send in the save in the bug section and let SI have a look.

Also, regarding the editor. What do you mean when you say you see the exact CA and PA? I have the editor but have never seen that and I wouldn't want to either.

Yes, I think people are missing the point! That or these forums are so full of FM fanboys who are blind to its imperfections and will defend it to the death.

With the editor, as I used it on a previous save and then regretted it, tried to ignore it as theres no way to remove it - then I noticed when you go to scout players and select the filters, position / contract status etc. there are some which say things like 'hidden attributes', 'current ability', 'potential ability' all under an editor drop down menu.

What angers me a bit to be fair is that I paid £4 for the editor before, ruined my game then started a new game and ticked the box not to allow the use of the editor in this game. This does NOT prevent you using the editor, it simply means you would need to pay for it again to use it. The temptation is always there, SI are just making more money from people who can't resist it, and worse, charging them again for something they've already paid for.

I'm probably in a minority but I like 'minor' bugs like this. I'm not saying SI shouldn't look into it, but I just build up a little storyline around it and it helps with the immersion.

Perhaps he did like the club, but then had a falling out with a particular department or group of people and doesn't want to be there anymore.

On 14/09/2016 at 12:57, Karnack said:

I find it weird that no one acknowledges the fact that he said he LOVES the club.

This, in my opinion, is just another superficial part of the game as it's a generated response that has no bearing on what a player actually thinks. The other typical response is that the player has no qualms about the loan or "if you think a loan is best then who am I to argue?".

They mean nothing.

22 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

I have never seen any success when asking a player to sack his agent. I'm not saying that it can't end in a positive outcome but, in my experience, it is just a superficial element of the game that doesn't do anything.

I've had mix success. I asked one player to sack his agent for demanding ridiculous agent fees. The player agreed but his new agent wanted even more!

With another player I got him to sack his agent and he never got a new one which saved me several million. 

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 09:39, AFCBeer said:

I've had mix success. I asked one player to sack his agent for demanding ridiculous agent fees. The player agreed but his new agent wanted even more!

With another player I got him to sack his agent and he never got a new one which saved me several million. 

When you ask to have a player sack the agent and he does it. Offer him a contract right away. He will be negotiating for himself and at the least you save the agent's fee.

Yup.

It's like when you see an announcement of an agent retiring, usually because he used to 'manage' one of your players or a player on your shortlist, and you click through the players listed in the message to see if you can sign/extend contract of anyone decent :)

It's only ever a handful of names though as they don't give you the whole list unfortunately but you can still get yourself a good deal.

Archived