Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
sue_donym

Roles in a 433

Was wondering if anyone could help with me setting up roles for a 4-3-3? Feel like I have a decent squad but something's not quite clicking with my formation, any advice welcome.  Playing structured with the following roles/duties

DLP (S)   

IF (A)                                   W (S)

CM (A)   BWM (D)

DLP (S)

FB (D) CB(D) CB (D) FB (A)

STriker's strongest role is apparently AF but I feel like that would leave him too isolated? Plus it would make four players with an attack duty

Edited by sue_donym

I like the thread title.... Roles in a 4-4-3.... Have you hacked the game and managed to field an extra player? :rolleyes:

Ha, no worries! 

Well, the best thing to do is to try out what you already have and see if you encounter any problems. Then if you do and you can´t figure them out come here ans describe your problem (and tactics) in some detail and we´ll try to help out. On the other hand you might have a really awesome set of tactics there for your squad. 

From a glance at what you have proposed it seems pretty reasonable, but could perhaps do with a couple of tweaks. I would keep an eye on your CM (A) and IF(A). I would think that your CM (A) and IF(A) might end up running into similar positions on the field so that might cause one to take the other out of the game. Without knowing your players I would perhaps consider changing around your BWM and DLP, but that is obviously dependent on the players you have what kind of game your trying to play.

But overall the tactics seem pretty balanced, a mixture of roles and movement in each strata and a nice blend of roles too. Give it a shot and see what happens! 

play your midfield runner on the opp side of the IF and the more attacking fullback behin the IF 

17 hours ago, sue_donym said:

Was wondering if anyone could help with me setting up roles for a 4-3-3? Feel like I have a decent squad but something's not quite clicking with my formation, any advice welcome.  Playing structured with the following roles/duties

DLP (S)   

CM (A)   BWM (D)

DLP (S)

STriker's strongest role is apparently AF but I feel like that would leave him too isolated? Plus it would make four players with an attack duty

As has been said above it basically looks ok but would probably benefit from a couple of tweaks.

You have your IFa, DLFs & CMa all looking to move to the same part of the field.  Maybe make your IF a support role and switch the winger to attack at AMR or even possibly just make the AML a winger rather than IF.  As okd has said above another option would be to switch your CM & BWM round so the CMa is at MCR but then he might get in the way of the Ws.

I also feel like your DL should at least be on support with a fairly empty flank in front of him.

In terms of your striker you need to make a choice, if your player truely is an AF (Quick, likes to play off the last man) then you either need to change your formation to suit him or find another striker who is more adept at playing a role where he drops off the front and gets involved in the buildup.

On 9 september 2016 at 17:56, sue_donym said:

DLP (S)   

CM (A)   BWM (D)

DLP (S)

I would probably do the following:

- move your cm (A) to the right

- play a dlp (S) next to him

- play a defensive midfielder (D) behind them

- change your FB (D) to a WB (S)

- change your FB (A) to a FB (S)

- probably give the DLF the PI: Move into channels